All Comments on 'A Long Time Ago Ch. 03'

by LynnGKS

Sort by:
  • 154 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
overthinking it

you're overthinking the whole thing in my opinion

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
As Churchill might have said:

"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it might be the end of the beginning." (Actually, I think he DID say that, although the context was different.) I liked this story best a couple of episodes ago, even though it's still interesting and well done.

diagonesdiagonesabout 11 years ago
Overthinking?

I donno... Maybe. But there is logical consistancy in both. Mary was branded a whore in loving another man. So being a whore and refusing to look at the past seems a logical course. For her that is the only way to express her love for Dave. Dave is certain he can never love Mary again, but she is more satistisfying and arousing to him than any other beach bunny. The new "rules" make her submissive to his every whim, and he can vicariously punish her for her past betrayal as long as he likes - whip her, make her fuck Barry when it is clear she really doesn't want him, make her watch him with Margie. But the punishment turns him on. And so does the concept of "whore" in his house, a flip of the concept of whore that brought him grief in the first place. Dave and Mary are very complicated individuals, and Lynn is a master (and devious Devil) in analysing them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
When does a character become a character?

This begins in mystery and spins into another mystery. The first mystery is easily solved once the mask comes off, but the second only begins as the revelation takes place.

A character given a chance to take on character or even evolve into a character. . .

Love, unloved, or transisition of love like the ingredient mixed into a potion is blended into a play setting where rigid rules apply. A whore who loves to fuck weakened by jelousy, follows rules and hides a not so hidden secret. . .

A male character, the fucker of whores who has learned to unlove, BUT travels to review the past to make an unloving decision?

The story is well written as usual, but my feeling is the plot moves toward once upon a time as characters pretend.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great Story

This is one of your best stories. I know it will be the last of this series but, I wish it would continue. Thx.

kelchakelchaabout 11 years ago
Worked For Me

In the end, everybdy gets something out of the deal.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
was she a whore !

I am not sure if she is a whore as she believes she is!

Sheoved two men who were really only one man, that is Dave in present time and Dave in his younger sense on the form of her lover.

If you more on this story then I think Mary will suffer more knowing Dave is fucking Margie or other women.

I when drop Barry from having any more involvement as mary suffers more when Dave ducks other women.

The notion of fucking another women next to Mary is good for her suffering.

Then Mary cam clean Daves cock and clean the cum from Margie or who ever.

Denial is the punishment for Mary not give Barry's cock who she hates.

As for the shrink, well, perhaps Mary is a enigma to her and Dave is just the run of mill poor cuckold husband.

So come Dave enjoy Mary and other woman and take matt on an emotional roller coaster ride of her life !

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
In chapter two

you touched upon a very philosophical and controversial point, it was an excellent take on infidelity and earned you some very high marks and respect, now you turn the whole thing into some sick fantasy and the husband who left the marriage because his memories were stolen and his pride and ego were bruised beyond repair turn into some sick pervert, the plot holes in this chapter are too much to count, and your insistence on reconciliation make the whole new arrangement seems so surreal and unbelievable that any point you tried to make in chapter two is completely lost, i had an opinion about your previous writings and i kept away and didn't comment or bother you, but after the last chapter i thought that maybe you changed or grew up or something, i was obviously wrong, anyway, thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Liked it and ....

This should be the end - anything else just causes those shitty love emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Enough

I liked the story. Lynn is a very good writer at a higher level than most. I don't see this story going any further and remaining a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
The exact story

I know the exact story this was based on and more than anything else I've read on Literotica, it begged for a rejoinder. Your first two chapters did that brilliantly. Chapter 3? "A bridge too far" would be a gross understatement.

William smythWilliam smythabout 11 years ago
All I know

is that I very much enjoyed reading this story. It is another 5 star effort from a very talented writer.

The possibility--or probability--of an arrangment such that of the principals being successful is beyond my experience or understanding.

I don't attempt to analyze it. I just accept is an excellent example of erotic fiction.

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
Great story Lynn!

Erotic, interesting, sad, hopeful, and a little disturbing. Whacky and funny, too. Great delivery on top of it all. I had a LOL moment with this one: "I'm 53 and some of them are a few years older but the pussy is young in spirit and that's what counts."

Easy 5 *

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Way To Go

This was almost a perfect ending. He gets to have his way with her and others and now she is in love with him knowing he is screwing others. He'll never get his lost years back but now her lost time is happening now. Very nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
sad

you wrote a pretty good story, a long time ago. I was surprised, usually you go berserk with the characters and what they do within a couple of lines, so I stop reading (you write good) because I can't stand your inhumanly characters and what they do to each other or accept others doing.

to my surprise you made a chapter 2 to this story which I found completly unnecessary but still it was ok nothing out of bounds, with a hint this chapter would follow.

and again I had to stop reading and skipped to the end because nothing in this part of the story was to enjoy. another dead story with just zombies. nobody would miss anybody in this story. replacable, mundane idiots. if ex-wife, ex-husband, friends of his all dead in the head and so is this story. nothing erotic is to expect. so thanks for 2 almost good chapters but I don't need drivel.

saw_man1saw_man1about 11 years ago
Wonderful.

I've been her for several years and it's always a pleasure to read an original storyline. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Need final chapter

I agree with some comments but I don't think the story is over. There is no resolution so write the end of the story. Please. She messed up her marriage and ultimately her life but she's not really a bad person. Please tell David to give her a break. She's suffered enough. Oh. Wait. I forgot the commentators that do not believe in any form of redemption. They're right and I'm wrong. In Ch. 04 have her taken out and hung. In fact, take all the married women David is doing it with and hang 'em all at the same time. Yes? Or better yet: have all the men take her to the town square and stone her. What? Stone the guys that are fornicating with the married women? Well, I don't know about that....

LynnGKSLynnGKSabout 11 years agoAuthor
DEAR ASSHOLE

I NEVER delete comments because I want all you assholes on record.

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 11 years ago
Red Devils and . . .

. . . and blonde bitches. This story seems to me to be far afield from what I, at least, normally expect from Lynn. As I got to the end I wondered if some guy managed to burrow in and use LynnGKS as name just to get more readers. I found the story thought provoking. Is male behavior that totally despicable? Do women determine to live with, accept, that sort of married (they really are if he will not accept) behavior for love? The questions LynnGKS raises are important because there is a group of folks that accept the behavior of these characters as norms.

Just to be clear, I don't have much clue as to the answers to most of the questions that occur to me reading this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5** no doubt.

Nice triple header. Three fine stories that went well together and filled in a lot of holes. I thought for a few pragraphs you were going to introduce the dead lovers wife as a bed buddy and really punish his ex-wife.

Thanks for posting your tales

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sorry this story ends badly

Everything was going well until . You got her to follow him and made her become his whore all the name of love. His part makes me sick,to punish her and let his friend us her. From a happy marriage ,mostly, she cheated but the story turned into a sick o ne,she chases him and he is using her like a piece of garbage.

AdjectiveNounVerbAdjectiveNounVerbabout 11 years ago

My original comment wasn't supposed to be blank, I think it got swallowed by Literotica being buggy. It was supposed to say that I didn't think it fit real well with the first two chapters since it lacked their melancholy tone and had the narrative POV shift.

Lord_GroLord_Groabout 11 years ago
This episode bothered me, and I'm not quite sure why.

Perhaps it is that taking advantage of someone who is as emotionally broken as Mary is, as David does here, somehow seems wrong to me. I don't think it is something I could ever do, no matter how badly she had hurt me.

The story is well-written, as all your stories are, but in this episode David has become a character with whom I am unable to find any sympathy.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

i really dont give a fuck about this cheating whore. that i only had sex with two men and i loved them was total garbage, she wa a cheating cunt. she is using him again trying to get abolution for stealing 20 fucking years of his life. 20 years of lies and we are all supposed to agree the cuckie should forgive her. like that he had her fuck his friend and got her to admit she had orgasms but that is part of her pretend penance. jacking off would be better than fucking this whore. so like i said in chapter 2, i dont give a rats ass about her and the fact she lost weight like she did for her fuck buddy and then packed it on for hubby. there is just no way you will make this piece of garbage ever be acceptable except as a whole for someone to cum in. but everytime hubby tells her to be used by someone else she loses a little of her guilt. everytime he fuckes her she loses a little of her guilt.

hey bitch, you do anything i say, GO GET FUCKED BY AN AIDS PATIENT OVER AND OVER AND LET ME WATCH YOU DIE!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
So Lynn enjoys making people suffer at the hands of a sadist?

His actions, dominating and forcing a broken woman to do his bidding, including humiliating her to their neighbours show his true character.

In that case, she was right to fall in love and fuck another man. After all, she's in love with a man, no-he isn't a man, he's an animal, who lets her stay there only because he enjoys making her suffer. If this is who he is, then what does she love about him? Why is she in love with him? What qualities does he have because all I see is a pussy hound who gets off on making his ex wife suffer.

I have an ex wife and even though she cheated on me, I wish her well. I certainly don't hate her enough to make her remaining years hell.

sugnasugnaabout 11 years ago
5 stars

5 stars for your portrayal of a severely mentally disturbed woman and the man who lived with her and never noticed. For a spouse to undertake a 3 year affair and not to be discovered the other spouse has to be pretty dense. For her to have the affair and risk her marriage and the future of her child - she would have to be extremely selfish, and mentally ill. Her actions for three years were short-sighted, self destructive and irrational. Like most people who cheat on otherwise decent marriages - there is something wrong with her. These stories tend not to clearly depict the poor decision making as part of an overall mentally disturbed person.

chytownchytownabout 11 years ago
Great All Around Story*****

A little bit of everything in this one. Very enjoyabe read thanks for sharing.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Her therapist SUX!

In Ch.2, Sweetie's therapist works hard to get Sweetie to the point where Sweetie understands why Hubby will not love her any more. That worked very well, but the therapist did NOT get Sweetie to the point that she could accept the finality of her actions and move on with a new life for herself,

It is a hard choice as to whether Sweetie or Hubby is ruining his/her life the most in following this plan! It is a steep slope downhill for both of them. I regretfully awarded a 4* score to this excellent work, mainly because I could not see the man developed in the first two chapters turning into the player in this chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Many Thanks

Couldn't stop reading this one. Part 3 was quite thought-provoking. Ultimately David betrayed himself by descending into pimping. Pity really-he had the moral high ground and behaved with dignity in the first two parts but by the end he was well on the way to being no better than her.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 11 years ago
Great Story

Like the fact he is willing to admit his Feelings and try to get along and admit he will never give her another chance to hurt him again by Falling In - Love again. and he has her watch him Do Margie.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Can't decide if each half of the couple has descended or ascended from their previous, confining pedestals.

The upside is that there are no more lies or illusions between them & they still remain together. That's perversely romantic in a way. Will this last ? I don't know but both people are assuming their true personas. Just a little scary, yes.

Some of the happenings strike me as highly improbable. yet this is a sterling read, I thank the author. If someone would compose an opera out of this, I'd buy it posthaste.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 11 years ago
Oooh darkness

Whatever did her shrink put in her head? But its as close to redemption that this hudband will get and since he's truely happy boning the ex more than the other women he should go with the flow. Personally i'm in favour of some tatyod and intimate piercing just in case our kind author is influenceable??

looking4itlooking4itabout 11 years ago
Overdone

This set of stories are probably my favorites by LGKS. The female character was not excused from her decisions, make character had some believable real life reactions and the was some really interesting thinking behind the psychological reasoning for the affair/keeping memorabilia. However, as with other commenters I was disappointed at just what kind of asshole he turned out to be and how self deprecating she became. Ultimately was extremely turned off by this chapter. Perhaps you had them so traumatized by the break up, therapy and divorce to the pint they are no longer human. I do appreciate the first two chapters though.

BTW cantbuy change your meds, seriously

Sidney43Sidney43about 11 years ago

Well, you got a five, but I meant to give four stars just to be honest. Frankly I think you should have stopped after chapter two, because I don't like what he is doing to Mary. Yes, he got his little heart ripped out, but he got over it and what he is doing now is cruel. She still loves him and obviously always did and he treats her like crap. Oh, that's right he gives her the great sex she craves as a reward for letting her stay around and be abused, what a prince of a guy.

DrPopeDrPopeabout 11 years ago
PLAGIARISM !

What is so awful about all of these chapters is that they are based on characters developed by RadK in his story Statue of Limitations. When chapter one of your story came out you were asked if you had contacted the original author for permission to continue his story. You never replied. However RadK did reply and clearly stated that you had not asked for permission nor did he want you to write any follow ups to his work. You were aware of this over 2 years ago at the time of the first chapter and not only did you not reply or acknowledge this but you continued your blatant THEFT of another writers characters without permission. You are an embarrassment to all original writers on Literotica and are lacking in morals. This is NOT YOUR STORY TO TELL. You have simply plagiarised characters from RadK without permission and that is STEALING. You owe RadK an apology.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
"By the way, I took a few of Red's stories ... "

"1/2/1992 12:37AM

... Yes, I knew a guy once, called ... Red Strange ... told me some good stories. Red had a ... nose for ... the bullshit in life. His way out was the road ... I wanted to be a writer ... But in our ways of thinking about things ... Red and I were not too far apart ...

he had a job cleaning rooms someplace ... He sometimes brought me articles ... from people who had died ...

I took a few of Red's stores, changed them a little ... they became published ... But THE ENERGY WAS HIS. You see him, TELL HIM I OWN my own home, have a pool, a spa, new car, young wife. HE'LL LAUGH HIS ASS OFF ... " (my emphasis)

from Bukowski's "Selected Letters" Vol. 3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
A Long Time Ago

I enjoy this story, very interesting how you develope the charactors. Good balancing act with the lead male's reaction and thought process concerning his wife's adultry. Now the way he is treating Mary is a combination of submission, S & M and almost cuckoldry, all of which i enjoy IF protrayed in a beliveable story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I liked it.

Loved all the sex. Maybe been better if they where all strangers and not ex lovers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good writting

Not sure i care for cruelty aspect but overall a good read.

josephstevensjosephstevensabout 11 years ago
Not Much Better Than This!

This is one of the best stories you have written, imo. If not the best...I loved it!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Plagiarism?

What has permission got to do with plagiarism? The writer acknowledged at the outset that this was her effort to put a better ending to another story she had read recently. So what if the writer of that other story did not want her to give it a different ending? If I want to rewrite Hamlet and give it some different twists, I can do that so long as I acknowledge that another fellow wrote some of the story and created some of the characters. It probably would be a stupid and self-important thing for me to do. With or without The Bard's "permission." But plagiarism? I don't think the plagiarism cops in these comments (including the guy whose feelings are hurt because someone had the temerity to pick up his story without permission and write some more) have any idea what they are talking about. Plagiarism is stealing someone else's work and putting it forth as one's own. That was not done here. Criticisms of the writing may be legitimate; but let's not create ethical issues where none exist.

phd70phd70about 11 years ago
Good twist to the ongoing saga! Gave it a 4.

I enjoyed the update to the saga. I am not aroused by whipping or other sadistic acts, but if the partner needs it for enhanced sexual enjoyment, why not do it as an adjunct to being a good sexual partner? Also I am not into forcing a sexual partner to have sex with a third party--it is not arousing to me and again smacks of sadism. But, I still rated the story a '4' and viewed it as a good add on to chapters 1 & 2. Thanks Lynn. You are a talented storyteller. Dan

BTTapBTTapabout 11 years ago
good luck

Good luck finding any truly original storyline in LW on Lit. Even harder to find an original setup. And that's all Lynn did. She took another author's basic premise and ran with it. She didn't need permission to do it. Radk didn't like it? Too bad, he doesn't own a premise. Lynn gave credit for the idea; she really didn't have to. I'm glad she did it; it's a really good series. I liked Radk's version, too; powerful and thoughtful. But, this version is better: more complex, original and....ironic. Honestly, I can't figure out if the complainers sound more like sqlittle kids squabbling over a new toy or old women arguing over who sits where at the bingo hall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
"I'd better quit my drinking if I wanna get laid."

Subtitle to the "title" of this story.

This, supposedly, is a male talking.

I've written a very good poem about Jean Rhys, alcoholic. And a woman. And my poem wasn't anywhere near good enough for her.

Comments I got: "She was an old drunk ..."

Pardon me, but I don't think is what that is said about the "old drunks" Faulkner, E.H.--ugly as sin--

and Jean Rhys didn't get much money--like the big-balled guys. She had a very difficult life. And she kept trying to be who she was and to be the excellent writer she was and is.

I wouldn't stop drinking to "get laid" for anything on Earth.

As Jean Rhys, Faulkner, Bukowski, etc., could tell you, sex is NOT high on the list when you love writing more than anything else.

Some people* hang themselves in their living (pun intended) rooms, and some just read "Lit."

*D. F. Wallace

Rabbit: Never cared for sex myself. And now I'm glad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Some people believe sex is for EVERYONE.

And not just with males (and whites) dominating.

OR ANYONE DOMINATING.

(Oh, that, I guess, violates the rules of "Literotica.")

desperate1desperate1about 11 years ago
Everymans fantasy

I guess that with a slimmer body and lot smaller tits she would be my ideal woman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What just happened?

This chapter feels almost totally unrelated to the previous two. The characters seem to be new people with the same names. The problems facing this couple aren't resolved, they're just ignored. Mary has changed, but we never learn how or why. How has Mary been supporting herself? Is she an actual whore? Dave has changed and not for the better. In chapter 2, he went out of his way to visit their marriage counselor in an effort to help his ex-wife adjust to their divorce. By the time chapter 3 comes to a close, he's just as manipulative and self-centered as Mary was when she had her lover. Perhaps this is what LynnGKS wants us to see; that after all his moralizing, he is no different. Since Mary at least had the delusion of 'love' to hide behind, Dave seems to come off the worse in comparison. Male characters seldom fare well in a LynnGKS story. Chapter 2 ends with the assertion that, "Mary knows exactly what she has to do. Stop loving you." By the end of chapter 3, it's clear she still loves him, but he's stopped loving her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Weirdness happens?

I got lost in the chapters because in this last episode the people sure seemed different and the idiot Doctor must have gotten licensed in Outer Mongolia because her advice has to rank right up there as the strangest words ever spoken by a doctor. And the husband? I'm sorry. I'm speechless at his stupidity.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Chapter 3 did not mesh

I enjoyed the original Statute of Limitations by Radk, but felt his handling of the situation was very unrealistic. Chapters 1 & 2 of Lynn's version take much the same approach as I felt Radk should have taken.

The strategy of Mary showing up in disguise in Florida is brilliant, I think. But the subsequent handling seems totally divorced from the story up to this point. David's behavior in chapter 3 is not, in my opinion, believable or consistent with the character portrayed up to this point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
YOU ARE A IDIOT

THAT LAST CHAPTER IS AN AFFRONT TO ALL DECENCY. YOU DEGRADED HIM AND HER AND LOVE AND MARRIAGE, HOW DARE YOU. QUIT WRITING, YOU MAKE MY SKIN CRAWL HOW YOU DEGRADE PEOPLE IN YOUR STORIES.

javmor79javmor79over 10 years ago
Changed the characters completely

I loved the second chapter and I hated this chapter. This chapter unglued the careful character building that the previous chapter expertly put together. The husband went from being a likeable and respectable guy to a complete narcissistic asshole. In the last chapter he was willing to do whatever it took to help her get better. In this chapter he is doing everything that he can to break her down. Both of them are a complete 180 from the characters in the previous chapter. I like when the people in the stories evolve, but to completely change their personality is a complete dis-service to the story. It was almost like a completely different author wrote the third chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Why Not .

LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The guys a wanker

She needs to dump him and run.

Find mutual love. Not this mysoginistic crap

EgoTrixiEgoTrixiabout 10 years ago
That guy is an idiot...

...in my opinion chapter 3 has been disappointing. I didn´t expect this rather cruel turnaround. He has become selfish, cruel and he enjoys hurting her feelings, I suspect. Unquestionably she will emotionally die and go down to levels she doesn´t belong. A fourth Chapter might have been nice, showing the consequences for both, because his "appreciation" to "own a whore" will fade, she will seek appreciation outside their relationship and both will end up old, uncaring or destroyed. Helping him back to s better understanding could prevent this and lead to a nicer ending, don´t you think?

Anyway - a wonderfully written tale, worth nothing less than 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
The husband has become an evil asshole

This even disappoints the women-hating losers like cantbuymy because they not only need the woman to always be filth, they also need the man to always be a saint. This guy has lost his "good-guy" credentials. Pick any 100 strangers and let them read the last chapter and they would all conclude that he was the bad guy and she was a psychologically-damaged victim.

Remember, in the BTB world, skanky wimmen are always shit and husbands are always Jesus. That's the formula. Stray from it at your peril. The short-dicked unemployed losers may not be smart enough to figure out exactly why they don't like it--after all, she's groveling like a cur, he's whipping her with a belt, he's fucking other women-- what's not to like, right?

But somehow it's just not satisfying. There's the creeping sensation that maybe their hero just might be an asshole and the worthless bitch might be seen as morally superior. Now for the lonely, middle-of-the-night haters, that's disturbing. Their pain-filled, narrow little world is black and white, no second thought, no second chances, even a life of being treated like a whore and being beaten with a belt is too good for the bitch. Horror of horrors! What if maybe they ended up happy? Can't have that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
The Last Six Words

the most important words in this story are the last six .

& i am not at all surprised that they seem to have been lost on most of the commentators.

THE END ... OR MAYBE .....THE BEGINNING......

with that one statement , the author is clearly inviting us all to hang ourselves

am tempted ,but no lynn you are not going to sucker punch me in that way ..

no comment on the future of these two protaganists from me .

another fine pce of writing , immense literary skill .

said it before & am sure i will say it again .. wish i had 1/10 of your ability.

(voted 5 stars)

xxxhugsxxxx

p.s

the beginning of the end.

ok ,you got me ..

suffice to say, time & experiences.

can & do change people in the most unexpected fashion.

probable ? possible ? . .. lol .... OR MAYBE ....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This story sucks!!!

The husband has turned into a complete a$$hole. Either forgive her and start a new life together, or send her on her way. 1 star.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

I read my original comment and I can't believe what I wrote. That was then, this is now. (Wow. Great idea for a book title) Anyway, the fact that she's getting fucked by her husband is making her happy. The last thing she deserves is to be happy. He lost the last twenty years of his marriage because of her cheating. I don't care how good a fuck she is, I wouldn't touch her if she was the last woman alive. Having lost years myself I know what I'm saying. Fucking worthless cheating cunts.

One Star

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hold your position, BetrayedbyLove!

The Illiterate here wants everyone to disregard the FACT that the Ex-Wife STALKED him to his home, (possibly) sexually assaulted him, then demanded he treat her as a WHORE.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatover 9 years ago
In the end the Hubby was no better than the Wife

Sure she deceitfully tricked him for twenty years, but she was remorseful and he used that to his advantage. Albeit she did stalk him, he should have just made it clear he wanted nothing to do with her anymore. Not subject her into whoring herself out to his buddies. I'm all for BtB if the shoe fits, but I feel like it didn't really fit on this one =(.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Excellent trilogy.....

Thanks for the effort.

49greg49gregover 9 years ago
Good story

Thanks. Well done.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
I read the original story by Radk - Statute of Limitations

and didn't like the way the situation was handled there at all. The first 2 chapters of this version were much better. The third chapter just disintegrated into fantasy.

Maybe one day I'll get around ot writing my own ending to the storey.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Second Time Around

The first time all I could think about was how many of these "Loving Wives" stories are really "Stupid Wives" or "Mentally ILL Wives". Now when a re-read this story all I could think of was what would I do in the same situation. With the kids full grown, I too would divorce her. Life is too short for a bad marriage. I do not think I would go out seeking a cheesy low rent swinging lifestyle in Florida. I think that after 30 years or so of adult life and some maturity I would take a break and then start looking for a suitable companion. Let's face it, most of us do not marry our one and only true love. We simply get married and if we are decent, reasonably intelligent people we learn to love our spouse and children as our family grows. Some of us who are selfish and short sighted, do not really learn to love - they cheat. Unfortunately for them, this act of cheating and self justification stops their spiritual development and they wind up stunted. If I were him, I would seek out a woman that had grown with age and would be a good choice to spend the next 30 years or so in her company. They are out there, I meet them all the time! The writing is still good.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
I read the comments first

I figured this story could not be as bad as the comments made out. OMG was I wrong! What a fucked up piece of shit. I can not add anything to what's already been written only: Fuck I wish I had never read this!

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsabout 9 years ago
A SOT of an ex-husband

The ex husband is far worse than the ex wife, by a long shot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Complex

This was an interesting, compelling story of a woman who made an unfortunate mistake that injured her marriage many years later. Much of the story was well put together but the ending is terrible, a wrong set of suggestions from the therapist to the ex husband, and with the indication that he did not hate his ex, his actions were totally wrong for someone who should be a bit more mature than a guy in his mid 50s. Good scores for Chs. 1 & 2 but not for 3.

Tiny Tim

javmor79javmor79almost 9 years ago
Loved the first two chapters but...

Hated this ending. The man in chapter two and the man in this chapter are two different people. In chapter two, he truly wanted to help his ex-wife. THAT man had truly moved on. He no longer harbored any ill will toward her. He was selfless and an honorable man.

THIS man was a childish asshole who needed his ego pumped. Any man who needs to demean a woman to feel better about himself isn't much of one.

Would have liked to see the wife move on with her life just as her husband did. That would have been a happy ending.

LVGirlLVGirlalmost 9 years ago
Excellent

This series is excellent. I don't remember who wrote the first story with this plot line that I read, but the one thing that stuck in my mind was that the counselor agreed with the wife that it was possible to love two people at the same time. That's wrong and it's stupid. The conclusion to that story ended up with a reconciliation that was just as wrong and just as stupid.

Your story hit the nail on the head. Mary was wrong to have the affair, and her refusal to take responsibility for the harm she had done was equally wrong. Once she finally began to understand the harm that she had caused to her marriage and to her husband she finally turned into a whole person.

The only problem I have is the same as Javmor, except I disagree with his conclusion. It's true that Dave wasn't the same person in part 2 as he was in part 3. In part 3 he clearly had not put the hurt behind him, and he was coping by staying disengaged, and not developing healthy relationships with women. That man was much more believable than the saint in part 2.

Both Dave and Mary were deeply harmed by her infidelity, and it looks as if neither is going to fully recover. I guess they're doing the best they are going to be able to do to find satisfaction with their lives going forward.

Thanks for this work - it's truly outstanding.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
David - what a jerk! - should have ended at Chapter 2

As many have said who was he in Chapter 3? No man could change like that, if he did then he was just a pathetic looser. A loud-mouthed immoral mean bastard losing all sympathy from the readers.

Not a good ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
2015

the first two chapters are very similar to a story called ( statute of limitations ) in the romance section. In that story the wife had an affair with married doctor whom she claimed she love just as much as she loved her husband . The doctor was killed in a car accident , she was so distraught when she learned of his death she grieved for a month or more . Her husband discovered the letters and photos when he was building the basement room, and the wife was on a cruise . Anyway he went into deep depression and tried to commit suicide , they ended up going to counseling where it was determined that she could and did love to people with the same love for both and they lived happily ever after , to which I wrote a comment that is was bullshit but my comment is floating around some where in cyber space. Part 3 is just awful in this story but 1 and 2 were very good because even after 20 years finding out your wife had an affair that lasted 3 years and only ended because her love got killed not because she ended it. In both stories the wife was in love with her fuck buddy, so tell me how could a man reconcile to a woman that was still in love with a ghost , hed have to less then a man. I know that these stories are just that but try to inject reality in to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
From Duna

@sugna I agree you with 100%. Yes a short time Beach Bum life style with adventures for forgetting his cheating wife yes, but after 1-2 years to look for a newer mate it would be a better future and the whore wife roleplay secret aim was a nightmare only not a possibility.

Besides my criticizm for the long term Beach Bum lifestyle I think this story is much better than "Statue of the Limitations", where the Deep Depression with almost successful suicid and reconciliation were the answers to the old cheating affair. Here the husband divorced..........I do not offend the main character to fuck a free of charge pussy without reconciliation, but this was the result and danger of the Beach Bum lifestyle. Because the kids they have to do a Civil method, but the sex is not part of the Civil Connection.

However he did not reconcilied luckily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
poor excuse

for a man he is------ hes turned into a cheap pimp i have more respect for her

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundover 8 years ago
From cuckoldress

to menage a trois -- back to the future, or the past.

amischiefmakeramischiefmakerover 8 years ago
Very original

Not really to my tastes, but the originality and how well written it was deserve a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The story is far fetched bu more believable than some...

As strange as it sounds, this is more believable to me than some. I worked in counseling for many years, got burned out on it and went back to my first love - History. Anyway, this is VERY difficult for men to understand but women know it intrinsically. Women can love multiple men with similar intensity and devotion, all that the same time! We do it with fathers (yes the sex act does not generally occur but there is always a sexual component - ALWAYS). It has to do with development, when a girls breasts start to develop very suddenly she is noticed. Let me tell you, I was 12 and 30 B. That is healthy cleavage let me tell you. I was "noticed" by boys, men (young old, rich/poor) believe me. I was also noticed by women. Other girls were cruel, their mothers worse ("... you better watch her, with those tits she will be pregnant by 16. Probably already fucking around....").

When you get into your prime (16-25) we are ready for any cock that comes along, we ALL want them and believe me we want them ALL! The thing is, we have learned that men are dangerous, that boys don't take no for an answer, and we are stuck being pregnant and we will carry all of the shame for it. NOT THE FATHER. So we suppress it, pretend we don't want them to look at us, hunch our shoulders, carry our books and purses over our boobs to try and hide them....

That is when nature gets really nasty. We discover that we have a VASTLY larger capacity to feel complex emotional states with MANY more people than boys/men can. We are told that we can't love more than one man, only because MEN can't commit and love more more than one woman. It is not a limitation on us but THEM.

The man in this story is an excellent example. He simply can't imagine that fact. The "counselor" clearly has no understanding of all woman's capacity to love an nurture multiple highly gratifying and healthy emotional and even sexual relations. (written by a man clearly).

The truth is, MEN should get over themselves. Understand that their relationship with a woman (any woman) is just one facet of her vastly greater capacity to have unique healthy and mutually gratifying relationships. She is in no way cheating her husband. He was the one who decided to get emotionally upset and jealous by the situation. She was happy, he was happy. If she had just put the letters in a safe deposit box, he would have gone to his grave being happy and never known the difference. The truth is, HE had the problem not her.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
I HEAR HIS I'M 53 SPEECH

and think he is not a free-bird but a confused do-do- TK U MLJ LV NV

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
I did not like this.

Pimping her out ain't no memory to enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anonymous 5/11/16

feminism 101. . . . . . lulz

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Okay Until

This was a pretty good story until the ex wife tracks him down, becomes his whore and he starts to abuse her. I don't think he has any right to abuse and degrade her, no matter what happened before. If he has no love left for her, tell her, and tell her to move on. Pimping her out to his friend so he can watch is not only abusive, it's sick.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

I am not sure which was worse.

The story or the comment from THIS moron: Anonymous 05/11/16

I have not figured out whether this anonymous is a Hillary scum want to be cheating cunt trying to justify her betrayal of someone that loved her or:

a sissified submissive cuck that sits around in frilly knickers hoping for some cream pie from his wife

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
umm....no...

Disgusting ending.

Seriously deranged outcome.

Making her whore herself out to other men was over the limit.

I hope he dies with his penis cut off.

What an asshole!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sacrifice

I know how the husband feels. My wife fell in love with another man years ago, it was a platonic affair. This man encouraged her affection for him. My wife continued to have sex with me, which she considered disgusting, while loving him, I actually encouraged her to have sex with him so that he would not appear so perfect, and that I could win back her love. It got to the point that she verbalized wanting me to die, since he had rejected wanting to break up our family. Ironically, he died from wounds sustained in a car accident. This event provided my wife and I an opportunity to focus on our marriage, however I know she still has feelings for him though they are diminishing in time. I would say that the betrayal of love is more painful then that of sex. I think in this story Dave is pushing Mary to separate sex from love by making her sleep with Barry which she doesn't want to do, hoping she will put her former lover into that same category, and he will reclaim more of her love. Dave doesn't realize it but he madly loves Mary

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 7 years ago
Cheating Wife?

This started out as a very beautiful story. I really liked it. Until the end. I feel turning the wife into a whore messed up the whole story. In my opinion the husband is the one that needed the therapy. I don think she could have said anything that was going to change his mind. When my late wife confessed her affairs. there were a lot of questions that I was not satisfied with the answers. However I forgave her and learned to live it. It took her thirty years to tell me of her ten year affairs with different men. In my wifes case she had planned on leaving me for her lover. What changed her mind was that he decided he wanted a threesome and brought a friend to their bed. Knowing I would never disrespect her like that made her change her mind. This story started off with so much optimism. But the last page killed it for me.

EXursusRhereEXursusRherealmost 7 years ago
The last chapter totally sucks.

Should have left it at the end of Ch 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
One betrayal

does not equate to becoming an a.....e. He obviously lost his way after she lost hers

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 7 years ago
Crap

Do you take LSD or peyote to come up with your delusional concept of human behavior?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Absolutely terrible 1*

Great recovery from him; from a cuckold husband to a pathetic cruel bastard. What was the point of the story please?.......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
widowedidiot

I'm not commenting on this story which is pure shit, but on your post about your slut wife that fucked other men for ten years of your married life, and she was planning on leaving you for one of her fuck buddies, until he wanted her to participate in a three way, and she was offended, she was a whore that's what they do. After thirty years she confesses to you, and you forgive her. Was it a death bed confession? If it wasn't your a bigger wimp and a fool then some of the cuckolds that are written about in stories on this site. Your user name suits you well ( widowedidiot ) .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ah, come on guys. GREAT fucking weird story!!!! 5*

Wow. Contorted. Interesting. I'd have written it differently, but I am not the author! You did an interesting story...would have been OK for him eventually get his head out of his ass and fall in love with her. Yep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great fucking story?

In your dreams man, in your dreams. ONE STAR

TatankaBillTatankaBillover 6 years ago
Five stars

I liked it. I liked reading it. I liked all three episodes. And now that I've read some of the comments from "anonymous" I like it even better. It's good to know what side you line up on in life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What is the author thinking?

This guy talks to his wife in a disguise as a devil and he doesn't recognize her? Bullshit, he was married to her for almost 30 years. Just from hearing her voice, he would know who she was! As her being a whore now, why would he want her back. All his buddies at his resort have been fucking her. There is no way he would reconcile with the slut! She told him that she was in love with her lover who died. She was not in love with husband although she loved him ( like a brother, lol). When she fucked husband she was always think of her lover, that is what she stated. What a slut!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

First two chapters were interesting, then this train wreck brought the entire story to a screeching halt.

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 6 years ago
hmmmm....

Doctor made the wrong call. Ex-husband is abusing Mary mentally. Send her away if he really loved her.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 6 years ago
Friends?

I liked the first two parts, this one was a pile of horses manure. Your lifestyle reminded me of an actor by the last name of Harris. can't remember his first name. he came out in a movie called "A man Called Horse." He came out in another movie like what you describe as how you live now. White t-shirt khaki shorts never changed them through out the movie, didn't bath and hardly shaved. Thats what I was seeing in you. Anyway, in the second story she said that she realized didn't love her boyfriend, it was just the sex and the excitment it brought reminding her of how her husband used to be. but here it says she loved him. So which is it? Anyway you had a good story going and then you tore everything down with this version, it just ruined everything you had started, just to try to make you look. good? I didn't understand what you were trying to convey about yourself in this last segment. But It didn't turn out good. It just made you look as a vengeful, unforgiving, bloodthirsty sob just wanting to hurt the person that truly loved you. Sorry I read this part. Wish I hadn't.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
No no no...

This entire story was a piece of crap. Don't quit your day job. She tortures him when they're married and he's pissed about it. Now he's torturing her when they're not married and she's pissed. All these two do is torture each other. Pretty sick.

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
Guess I'm just not a nice reasonable civilized guy..

You should stay even...but you can never get even, it's either one up or one down. Make her suffer...I don't care, do you?

5*s

266xxyz266xxyzalmost 6 years ago
In reading the comments...

I didn't address your writing. I thought it was crisp, well composed with good pacing.

Thanks for the read...and dare I say it, enjoyed the ending. I hope those last six words are not a sword of Damocles, waiting to fall and once again and have her end up on top again. Consequences on not staying even. Ex wife taught me that.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories