A Long Time from Home Ch. 33

Story Info
Going home
23.7k words
4.85
4.3k
12

Part 34 of the 42 part series

Updated 02/29/2024
Created 04/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Athlantian
Athlantian
252 Followers

Author's notes:

As I've explained before, I started this story more than ten years ago and in the process of posting the chapters, there have been some serious rewriting involved. Well, that have caused a Domino effect, as it means that I've had to basically rewrite this and the next few chapters in order to keep it consistent. Unfortunately, this takes time, so if you feel that I'm a bit slow in posting a story that's already written, that is the reason for the delay. Sorry about that.

About the language and notation:

The Baylon language is a predecessor to Latin, which is why it looks like Latin at a glance.

Mental communication is denoted by a < and ends with a >, so a mental communication will look like this: "< Who are you? >"

Some warnings:

This is erotic action adventure, meaning that there will be both sex and violence, but I don't mix the two.

This story is posted on the Literotica website and the author does not give permission for it to be reposted or reprinted anywhere else without consent.

P.S. I haven't gotten an editor yet, so any mistakes are mine. Interested editors are welcome :)

P.P.S. While you're here anyway, please rate the chapter and leave a comment :)

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 33 -- Going home

Saturday, 1st of July 2000, Malaga, Spain

---------- Department 55 ----------

Sheena was deep in thought, looking at the crime-scene photos when the phone rang, interrupting her. Turning slightly, she answered it.

It was Zavala and as she listened to his question, she saw Maya had been awoken by the sound and was now looking at her questioningly.

Sheena sent her a smile, before saying. "Yes, some food would be perfect right about now. Maya have just woken up.... Good.... See you later then."

"What was that about?" asked Maya from her bed.

"Zavala checking in on you and making sure that we're getting some food." Said Sheena and looked over at her colleague. "And sorry for waking you."

"No worries." Yawned Maya. "I've been sleeping way too much." She looked at the wall and chuckled. "I like what you have done to the place."

Sheena smiled. The wall was covered with crime scene photos from the various places, including pictures of a dead Curtis, dead female guards in a crate and an unconscious Parker. Under normal circumstances not the best sight to have upon waking up, but in this case, it felt good to be the first thing to lay your eyes on in the morning.

"Yeah. I'm considering a career as an interior decorator." Said Sheena. "How are you feeling?"

Maya stretched. "Pretty good, actually. We're out of the hospital, the drugs are out of the system, the bad guys have been caught and the abducted women and children are back. We weren't raped and the Departments medic says that our minds haven't been tampered with, so the only downside is the sore wrists from the chains, which will heal soon enough." She sighed. "Too bad we can't see what really happened in that warehouse."

Sheena nodded. Due to the drugs, they had both been in the hospital for the better part of two days and had only been allowed out last night, making it too late to look back in time.

On the bright side, some of Department 55's experts had been flown in and were taking care of Parker, leaving Maya and Sheena to just relax and get over their ordeal, instead of handling one of the most dangerous Psychics in history.

There was a knock on the door and Sheena said "Come!", before she remembered that after the kidnapping, all doors were set to lock automatically and the police officers standing guard was positioned outside the rooms, instead of inside. She walked over and opened it.

Hector Zavala entered, followed by a waiter, who were rolling a wheeled table into the room.

"Finally!" Sighed Maya, making Zavala chuckle. "Hungry?"

"Enough to eat a horse." Maya admitted as she removed the covers and swung her legs over the edge of them bed.

Sheena hid smile behind a hand when she saw the expression in Zavala's face as he admired Maya. Dressed in pyjamas trousers, a tight-fitting t-shirt, that highlighted her big firm breasts, and with her hair in a mess from having slept, Maya looked both cute and downright sexy at the same time.

Zavala walked over to Maya, giving her a kiss. "And good morning, by the way."

She kissed him back briefly but gently pushed him away as the waiter left the room again. "'Morning... and sorry, but I need coffee and food."

"Not to spoil the mood, but how are the two mind-controlled women?" asked Sheena, while Maya walked over to the table and sat down.

Zavala tore his eyes away from Maya and grimaced. "Bad. Parker destroyed their minds: Their free will is completely demolished, and they live only to please him. He might as well have killed them."

"Now there's an unpleasant thought." Mumbled Sheena with a shiver.

"Yeah." Agreed Maya as she poured coffee into a mug. "How is Parker in person? I mean."

Zavala hesitated, but then said, "Our Unknown Psychic has a harsh sense of justice. What Parker did to those women, he did to Parker."

"That's brutal." Mumbled Sheena.

Zavala nodded slowly. "Agree, but I'm not really sorry for him. We have identified the dead female guards we found in the warehouse and they were all former soldiers, that disappeared without a trace about two years ago."

"More victims of Parker?" asked Maya sadly.

"Almost certainly. According to the files we have received, all four of them had relatively stable lives and never spoke of leaving their countries before they disappeared."

"On vacation in Spain?" Asked Sheena.

Zavala shook his head. "One disappeared here in Spain, but another in Norway, one in France and the last one in Ireland." He took a deep breath. "Anyway, our unknown Psychic totally destroyed Parker's mind and personality and then left him there for us to find."

That caused Sheena to lift her eyebrows in surprise. "You think it was on purpose?"

"Without a doubt." Said Zavala. "Parker won't answer any questions unless asked by a police officer and when he do talk, it's like talking with a computer: He has all the facts, but there's no personality, emotions, free will or even intelligence. He has no memory of the combat in the warehouse or the unknown Psychic."

"What about the money?" Asked Sheena. "It would be nice to recover some of the money Parker have stolen over the years."

"My guess is, that whatever money Parker had left from his robberies, is either gone along with his memory or controlled by the unknown Psychic... On the bright side, Parker is telling us everything he knows, and we have a real chance to place numerous pedophiles behind bars for a long time and rescue hundreds of kids."

Maya looked up from the food. "What about the Americans? Did they see or hear anything useful?"

"They didn't see anything after the initial assault." Answered Zavala. "Miss Baker woke up, found a cell phone laying next to them, called the police and stayed in the room until they arrived ten minutes later." He shrugged. "Considering all three was naked and her daughters were in the room as well, I can understand why she stayed."

There was silence for a moment, until Maya slowly said, "You know, if this wasn't so screwed up, it would be one of the most successful operations in the history of the Department. Not only did we recover stolen art and antiques worth millions, two of the most wanted criminal Psychics in the world are out of commission and we're about to bust a pedophile ring."

"I talked with Mr. Newport this morning..." Inserted Zavala. "... and to make a long story short, he's more than happy and the same goes for my boss in the Spanish police."

Maya smiled. "Well, I would still like to find our unknown psychic."

"Well, in my opinion it's either Ivan Kolba or somebody he knows." Stated Zavala. "I doubt it's a coincidence that you were freed less than six hours after I called him while trying to find Sheena or that he disappeared without a trace after that."

"So, not only do we have a Psychic on the loose," Said Maya. "He's also doesn't mind killing people."

The smile disappeared from Zavala's face. "Make no mistake, mi amor. If I had gotten to the warehouse first, I would have killed both the guards and Parker, if that got you free."

From his tone of voice, there was no doubt that he was serious, and Sheena smiled when she saw the stunned expression on her friend's face. The Spaniard saw the expression as well and simply bowed down and kissed Maya before she could say anything.

Sheena scratched her ear thoughtfully for a moment, while she looked at Zavala, studying the way he in turn looked at Maya.

Something clicked into place in her mind, and she slowly said, "You didn't call Ivan Kolba to find me, did you Zavala? You already suspected who had taken us, so you called him to make him search for me or the Americans, because you knew he would find Maya as well."

There was a stunned silence as both Maya and Zavala looked over at her.

"What on earth makes you think that?" asked Zavala after a few seconds.

She looked right back into Zavala's dark brown eyes. "You knew where Ivan was, because he took the phone call, but you didn't have him followed, which you could easily have done instead of calling him and indirectly telling him, that I had disappeared. You needed him to be free of anything that might hinder him."

They locked eyes for what seemed like an eternity, but finally Zavala nodded and said "Yes."

"What? Why?" exclaimed Maya.

Sheena almost laughed at that. "Because he didn't want to lose you."

The Spanish nodded again and looked at Maya. "The nearest Department 55 psychic with the ability to find you was more than six hours away. We were out of options, so I decided to take a chance." He shrugged. "I didn't break any laws."

Sheena could see Maya starting to protest and said, "Stop it, Maya. It worked and I'm more than happy not to end up like the dolls in the holding cell."

Maya leaned back in the chain with a sigh. "I don't know, if I should be pleased or angry."

"Pleased." Stated Sheena with certainty in her voice. "You're back in one piece with your mind intact and are not Parker's sex slave."

"Good point." Mumbled Maya and changed the subject, "What about Ivan Kolba?"

"We find him, but discreetly." Said Zavala. "Mr. Newport is convinced that Ivan Kolba is the Unknown Psychic and when we're finished here, this goes dark. We're to erase everything about him, including all pictures and, if we can manage it, any pictures the Americans have of him as well." The two women looked stunned for a moment, but then Sheena laughed. "The Department wants him, right?"

Zavala hesitated for a moment, but then nodded. "We're under orders to recruit him if we can, and Mr. Newport doesn't want the Americans or anybody else to snatch him, before we have the chance, so this has to stay dark until we can make contact again."

Sheena nodded. The concept was somewhat similar to software companies hiring the hackers that had tried to hack them and many of the psychics in the Department had been recruited that way, including her. With so few Psychics in the world, competent ones where in high demand and while the Department covered a lot of ground, the Americans had their own division called Unit X.

The Russian and Chinese also had their own divisions and all four were in a constant competition to get the best Psychics. Seen in that light, recruiting Ivan made a lot of sense. It was also a relief, that she didn't have to go after someone she not only liked a lot, but who had probably saved her life.

"Well, we still have to find him, and he has disappeared. Not to mention, that he might not want to work for the Department."

"You don't think he'll contact you?" asked Maya.

Sheena considered it for a moment. "Perhaps... but even if he's just an ordinary guy, the Interpol job tend to scare people away." She nodded at the pictures on the wall. "He's more likely to contact anyone of the Americans and we can't keep them under surveillance in LA. Not without the American noticing it anyway."

Zavala grimaced as he nodded. "Yes, the need to keep this a secret makes it difficult to do anything, but we need to try anyway."

Maya nodded. "Okay. Before we erase anything, let's get his fingerprints from Sheena's hotel room and get that to Luis. He can run a search of the various databases."

"There are no prints." Said Zavala calmly. "Just in case somebody had been there, we dusted the room for prints when you disappeared and to our surprise, they were completely clean. No prints or DNA at all. The place was sparkling clean. In fact, it was just as clean as the lower level of the house Miss Baker and the rest had rented for the summer."

"The warehouse?"

"Same story. Wiped down and cleaned." The Spanish police officer said. "Though not as sparkling clean as the other places, there're still no fingerprints or DNA."

"This guy is too good to be a wild talent." Said Maya slowly, as she removed a strand of red hair that had fallen into her eyes. "Can he be one of the Russian or the American psychics, that have gone rogue?"

Sheena shook her head. "No. I didn't get much from him, but I did get that he doesn't have a nationality. Not even Croatia despite what his passport says. Nor does he have a feeling of belonging anywhere and if he had been trained by someone, that would have been the case."

"Good point." Said Maya slowly. "But if we're going to find Kolba, we need to keep an eye on the people he's most likely to contact."

"The Americans." Agreed Sheena and looked at the wall, where pictures of all three women and the two Twins stared back at her. "Miss Baker is busy with her daughters and Miss Meyers parents are arriving from their cruise later today, so that leaves Miss Chai." She turned to look at Zavala. "Have you talked with them about what happened?"

The policeman nodded. "Yes. They got the usual story about hypnosis and mind-altering drugs, but while I think they bought that part, that still leaves a lot of questions unanswered... Like why somebody would risk kidnapping Interpol agents." He shrugged. "I told them that we simply didn't know yet, but that we're working on it."

"Okay." Said Sheena. "I'll go talk with Miss Chai. Since this needs to go dark, we need to have them sign a Secrecy Agreement anyway."

-----------------

The two guards outside Chai's room nodded when Sheena showed her credentials and she knocked on the door. It took a little while, but eventually, the door was opened by Karen Chai, who had obviously been taking a bath, because she was dressed in a short white silk kimono and had damp hair.

A shiver of lust ran through Sheena, as she noticed how the silk clung slightly to the Asians wet skin, outlining a pair of well-shaped breasts.

"Agent Rao. Come in." Karen Chai greeted with a smile. "Sorry for my state of dress, but I was in the shower."

Sheena chuckled as she walked inside the hotel room. "Thank you."

Karen closed the door and waved in the direction of the rooms only armchair. "Have a seat."

"Thanks." Mumbled Sheena. The silken kimono was clinging to the tall Asian's backside and Sheena swallowed as she studied Chai's well-formed ass move seductively as she walked. With a slight shake of her head, Sheena got herself together and followed, wondering why she was so affected by Chai. It was like her self-discipline had gone down the drain.

"I hear you got kidnapped as well." Said Chai matter-of-factly as she sat on the bed opposite the armchair. "Are you okay?"

Sheena nodded. "Yes. I got tranquilized before I even knew what was happening and woke up when it was all over." She glanced at the wraps covering her still sore wrists for a second, "I got a throughout check by the doctors and according to them no harm was done in any way... Though I wish, I've had time to get a few hits in on the bastards, like you did."

"Didn't help much." Said Chai, with a grimace that turned into a slight smile. "But yes, it's satisfying to know they at least got some bruises for their attack."

Sheena returned the smile. One of the wounded officers had four broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder, while the other had a broken nose, a ditto arm and was missing his front teeth. Considering that, 'some bruises' wouldn't had been her choice of words. Chai had managed to dish out a considerable amount of damage in the short time she'd had before the drug took effect.

"Anyway," said Karen. "What can I help you with?"

Sheena leaned back in the chair and explained that both the Spanish police and the Province of Malaga was deeply embarrassed by the whole situation and that the story, if it came out, could damage Malaga's reputation. However, they would like to offer twenty-five thousand dollars to each victim if they signed a Secrecy Agreement.

Sheena finished by saying, "It's not really my department, but let me say this: It might sound low compared to American standards, but it a lot for Europe. Furthermore, they're willing to cover any medical expenses related to this, which means that you will all get free psychiatric help when you return to the states."

"I believe you." Said Karen with a thoughtful look on her face. "However, with the risk of sounding greedy, I feel like Zena and Cyra should have more. I know, the police weren't involved in the first kidnapping attempt and the Spanish Police did a fantastic job, but still... An attempted kidnapping and an actual kidnapping within a week, is a lot for twelve-year olds."

"Excellent point." Smiled Sheena and found her phone. "One moment." She quickly typed an SMS and sent it, before turning her attention back at Karen. "It's not my decision and since they sent me to do their jobs, I'll just forward your suggestion."

"Thank you." Karen said with a smile. "At least they could have asked us before releasing the story to the newspapers."

Sheena could feel her eyebrows raise. "What do you mean?"

"You don't know?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

The Asian took a newspaper from the nightstand beside the bed and handed it to Sheena. "Page five, right side."

Curious, Sheena turned to page five and discovered a small story about a gang showdown in a warehouse on the harbour. According to the article, there had been a knife fight, four gang members were dead, and others had been brought to the hospital under police supervision.

As she looked up from the article, Karen said, "Don't tell me there was two different police actions on the same night, both involving a warehouse and dead bad guys, because that's simply too unrealistic."

"Quite right." Said Sheena thoughtfully and glanced at the article again. "They must have released this, while I was in the hospital."

"Can't hardly blame you for that then," smiled Karen. "but could you at least explain what happened in the warehouse?"

"Well, I wish I could, but we simply don't know what happened yet." A 'bling' from her phone interrupted her and made Sheena glance at the screen for a moment before she looked up again. "The police and the city are willing to raise the amount of compensation paid to Zena and Cyra Baker to forty thousand dollars, which is the highest compensation possible."

Karen considered it for a moment. "I can't take any decisions on behalf of the others, but I think we'll accept that, provided we get it in writing."

"Oh, don't worry... it'll be in the Secrecy Agreement for sure." Sheena smiled.

There was silence in the room for a few moments, until Karen said, "Anything else?"

"Yeah... We've been trying to locate a witness. Ivan Kolba to be more precise... The tall whitehaired man the five of you met at the plaza outside La Bouganvilla... but we can't seem to find him. Do you have any idea where to find him?"

Athlantian
Athlantian
252 Followers