A Love that Lasts Forever Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Wonderful." Kavanagh clasped his hands together. "We can get this over with quickly and have you on your way." He stood, along with the other councilmen then motioned for Caleb to step forward. "Mr. Giles, if you would please take your place beside your future mate. And of course Alpha Hallorann's second, Zev, if you'd step up as the witness."

Zev and Caleb stepped forward. Hollister produced a standard mating contract and set it out before everyone on the table. Quinton sneered at the document. Had Kavanagh been planning this from the beginning? It seemed so.

Hollister began to fill out the relative information. Time, place, and of course the names of those to be mated. "I'm adding in the terms of Caleb's release to you as directed by Councilman Kavanagh." Hollister told Quinton. "But if there are any provisions you want added, that can be arranged. If the council approves it."

Quinton's eyes lit up. He suddenly saw a light at the end of the tunnel. One that could possibly mean his freedom and Caleb's as well. "I do have one provision."

"Speak." Kavanagh told him.

"I would like a clause added to the contract that gives permission to either Caleb Giles or myself to terminate the contract after the three month trial period if, for whatever reason, either he or I are not happy in the mating by fault of one or both parties involved. I want it further added that if said contract is terminated by no fault of Caleb Giles that he be allowed to remain in Black River or to transfer to any pack of his choosing, with full custody and parental rights of the pup, Rhylan Hallorann."

Hollister looked to Kavanagh for permission to add the clause.

"To be clear on the wording, by no fault in this instance is referring to...?"

Quinton stiffened some. "Meaning that he chooses to terminate the contract due to mistreatment, abuse, neglect, or unfaithfulness on my part." Quinton went on to clarify. "I would of course allow him out of the contract if he feels I have failed to live up to my role as his mate and alpha."

"And if he fails to fulfill his role as omega mate?" Kavanagh asked, watching Quinton closely.

"That will be a personal matter handled between myself and my mate and not subject to any clause in the contract."

Kavanagh smirked some then turned to deliberate with the other members of the council.

"Alright." He nodded to Hollister a few moments later. "The council agrees. Add the provision."

Caleb blinked. What had Quinton done? Had he actually just given Caleb an out? Of course, that out was actionable only if Quinton somehow failed to meet Caleb's expectations which Caleb didn't think Quinton was capable of doing. He'd already proven his worth as an alpha. At least as far as Caleb was concerned. But still, the provision allowed Caleb to terminate the contract if he wasn't happy in the mating.

It was all so much to take in and way too soon to even be thinking of mating another. He didn't really have a choice though. At least not for the next three months. He would be returning to Black River as the Alpha's omega mate whether he wanted to or not. Maybe he could make it work. He'd try at least.

He could be a good omega mate and at least he'd have a roof over his head and the means to support his pup. The only thing that bothered him was Quinton himself. Unless Caleb was mistaken, Quinton didn't want a mate and never had. Did Quinton expect this mating to be in name only, or was he expecting more? Maybe the provision he'd had added to the contract was as much an out for him as it was for Caleb.

Either way, Caleb didn't care. As long as he didn't have to return to Silver Moon or become Jase Bowden's mate he was happy. Life at Black River would most definitely be better. And, maybe life with Quinton wouldn't be that bad. Anyway, he still had three months to change his mind, right?