A Love that Lasts Forever Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Quinton went to Caleb and immediately drew him into a tight embrace, kissing him with so much passion and longing that Caleb was let feeling momentarily breathless. Caleb wrapped his arms around Quinton and kissed him back, holding onto that feeling for as long as he could. They kissed, holding each other, feeling their bodies pressed against one another, completely forgetting the many pack members waiting for Quinton to start the run.

That didn't matter to Caleb as he selfishly thought, let them wait. He himself had waited for a moment like this, all his life. That was not to say that he didn't feel passion and desire or even love when he was with Rhys, but his first experience with sex had been in the throes of a lust filled heat that had blinded all his senses to only one persistent desire...to mate. Mate and breed. His body, his mind, and his wolf had but one goal and the need to fulfill that goal over shadowed all else.

Of course, there had been coupling afterwards. But his first time should have been more sensual and he damn well should have been able to enjoy more than just the sensation of having his hole filled. It was a frenzy, an urgent need and yes, it felt amazing but for all the wrong reasons. The months that followed, Rhys was gentle, caring, and there was a lot of cuddling. It was nice but Caleb still felt cheated out of having his first time be more romantic. More like his fantasies where his alpha would sweep him off his feet and make sweet passionate love to him under the protective gaze of the full moon.

Wolf God above, Caleb hoped that tonight that fantasy would be made a reality. Nothing would seal their bond more than being taken beneath the moon. Naked, totally vulnerable, and hopelessly in love. Caleb realized suddenly as he broke the kiss and pulled back that yes, he was in love with Quinton. It wasn't a fleeting thought and there was no longer any question in his mind that he loved this man. It was real. Caleb was in love.

He looked up into Quinton's dark eyes, his heart beat rapidly in his chest and he exhaled a deep, calming breath. The words were on the tip of his tongue. I love you. He wanted to say it, needed to say it and, maybe Quinton even needed to hear it. Quinton was watching him curiously, almost expectantly, and Caleb could see the love in the man's eyes. It was time. The perfect time. Caleb opened his mouth, licked his lips, and spoke.

"Quin, I..."

"Quin, honey!" Caleb sighed, rolling his eyes as Shelby came running towards them. "What are you doing hiding over here? Everyone's waiting on you, sweet heart."

Shelby walked directly in front of Caleb, dismissing him as though he wasn't even there. She sided up against Quinton, who immediately tried to move away from her but Shelby quickly looped her arm in his and pulled him closer.

"I'm not hiding from anyone." Quinton told her, his voice almost a low growl. "Caleb and I were having a...moment."

"Oh, that can wait." Shelby snorted a laugh. "You have more important things to worry about right now." She gave Caleb a curt sneer then quickly returned her attention to Quinton. "Let's get you back to the group. Your pack's being patient but they're eager to start the run."

She began to pull Quinton away but he stopped her, unhooking her arm from his.

"Go back and join the others." He told her. "I'll be there in a minute."

Her smile dropped and she stood back, looking dejected, but that look quickly turned to irritation as Caleb moved to stand at Quinton's side and Quinton put his arm around the omega's shoulders, pulling him against him. Caleb lay his head against Quinton's shoulder and smiled contently up at him.

"My mate and I were having a conversation before you interrupted." Caleb said. His words having a slight bite to them. He narrowed his eyes at Shelby then wrapped his arm around Quinton's waist. His eyes as well as his body language told Shelby instantly that she was intruding on their privacy and that her presence was not wanted.

Not to be outdone, Shelby suddenly grinned a wide, and pretentious grin. "Don't be long." She said, directing her words to Quinton alone. Then, before turning to leave, she rose up on her toes and kissed Quinton on the cheek, a little too close to his lips.

Caleb let out a low, long, warning growl as he glared at her. Quinton held him tighter as the omega's posture had changed from relaxed to ready to fight.

Seeing this, Shelby smirked, gave Quinton a quick wink, the sauntered away, swinging her hips for show.

"Easy." Quinton whispered to Caleb. He glanced down at his mate's hands and chuckled some. "Put your claws away, my dear. She's only trying to get under your fur."

"Well, it's working." Caleb grumbled. "That woman is no wolf. She's a vixen, and she's about to feel my bite."

***

Quinton could feel the tension drain out of Caleb's body as he pulled him into another tight embrace while feathering tiny kisses along the side of his neck and jaw line. As his lips brushed over the soft, smooth flesh of Caleb's neck, Quinton imagined what it would feel like when he sank his fangs into that flesh, tasting Caleb, marking him, and bonding them together for life through the mating bite that he would soon be giving the young omega.

The mark, the bond created between mates, was the final step in completing the mating ritual. Usually it was done within hours of the public ceremony but it wasn't totally unheard of for the mark to given weeks, or sometimes even months, afterwards. It all depended on the circumstances of the mating but always, in every case, it was done in private. There was no need to have the rest of the pack witness an act as intimate as the mating bite but a show of the scar afterwards was important. Especially for the pack Alpha.

It was a sign that the omega he had chosen was his and his alone, until death. Without the mark, there was still the chance that the mating could be challenged or dissolved. Quinton never thought he'd have to worry about any of his pack mates challenging his decisions but it seems he may have been wrong about that. Shelby was definitely becoming a problem in that respect and he knew that until Caleb bore Quinton's mark, Shelby was not going to back down. It was an issue that was really starting to concern him.

Caleb was calmer now and he had shown his strength in staking his claim when Shelby had attempted to usurp his place in Quinton's life but Quinton could tell that Shelby's actions had left Caleb feeling a little threatened and unsure of his place in the pack. Well, that was something Quinton intended to fix and he knew exactly how he was going to do that.

"Come on." Quinton whispered as he kissed Caleb's ear. "We can't keep the pack waiting."

Caleb nodded and the followed as Quinton led him away from their tree and towards the bon fire that was by now burning tall and hot as the pack gathered around, waiting for the run to begin.

Quinton took his place, stepping up onto a raised platform a few feet off the ground. Torches burned at the corners and the night was lit up by the light of the dancing flames surrounding the grounds. Lose sparks and embers escaped the fire, fluttering around like fireflies in the darkness. It was a truly magical sight.

Caleb stood at the front of the crowd, looking up at Quinton and his heart swelled with pride knowing that that was his mate who stood up there, looking out over the pack...his pack. He waited for the rest of the pack to gather so Quinton could address them as a whole. He had expected Zev to ascend the platform, standing beside his Alpha. That was how it was done in Silver Moon. Seth would stand before the pack with his brother and second in command at his side. Once all eyes were on them, he would announce that the run could commence.

To Caleb's complete surprise though, Quinton suddenly reached his hand out to Caleb and pulled the omega onto the platform with him. Quinton smiled as he pulled Caleb to his side.

"It's okay." He whispered to his nervous looking mate. "Just relax."

Caleb tried to relax but it wasn't easy. Especially when he looked out over the sea of faces and eyes, all on him. He swallowed hard then tried to hide behind Quinton but Quinton wouldn't allow it. He held Caleb securely at his side, letting every member of the pack see him and acknowledge his presence there.

"Brothers and Sisters." Quinton began. "Each month we gather in this place to shed our human skins and run together as a pack. On this nights run we welcome to our celebration three young pups who have taken their wolf forms for the first time. Liam, Rory, and Lily. will be joining us in their first full moon run."

The three young pack members stepped forward and the pack gave a cheer. Each of the children were no older than twelve or thirteen as was the age that most took on their wolf forms for the first time. Excited, they grinned, waved to the crowd and then were immediately swarmed by friends and family who congratulated them on their first real run with the pack. Caleb could see the pride in Quinton's eyes. In Black River, a pup's first transformation was cause for celebration, and allowing them to run with the rest of the pack meant acceptance for the young ones.

Caleb slipped his hand into Quinton's and Quinton squeezed gently, smiling at him. With the announcement made, Caleb expected Quinton to start the run, but he wasn't done. He waited a few moments for the crowd to quiet down and once again, all eyes were on him and the timid omega at his side. The pack too expected the announcement that the was run was to begin but instead, Quinton looked down at Caleb and the look of love and admiration on his face was unmistakable.

"Before we change and run," Quinton began. "We have one more member of our pack to acknowledge. Most of you know him, or at least know of him. For those of you who have yet to meet him, I want you to take this opportunity to welcome him to Black River. Caleb Giles-Hallorann came to us from The Silver Moon pack. My brother Rhys brought him here as his mate but tragic circumstances had taken Rhys from us. As we mourn Rhys death I want each of us to also remember his life and the lives that he touched while still alive.

Caleb is one who can attest to the kindness and selflessness that Rhys had always shown his fellow shifters. He rescued Caleb from a horrible fate, fell in love with him, and brought him here to protect him. I, better than anyone, can understand and relate to what my brother must have felt when he first met this omega because I too have fallen in love with him."

Quinton turned and faced Caleb, taking both of Caleb's hands in his. Caleb was stunned into silence as he looked up at his alpha. Caleb's eyes filled with tears and he smiled the sweetest, most stunning smile that Quinton had ever beheld in his entire existence. There was no way to fully describe the beauty he saw in the man before him. Not just physical beauty, but the beauty of his heart and his soul. He was the perfect Alpha mate, loving, compassionate, and brave. Quinton knew without a doubt that Caleb would serve him, and their pack well. It was in his nature.

"Many of you already know that I have taken Caleb as my mate per the directive of the council as was the condition for them allowing him to remain with us. Well, tonight I want to announce that Caleb and I intend to renew those vows for real, before this pack, our family. My desire is to claim this omega as my own and he has agreed to accept me as his alpha and his mate."

A loud, mass, cheer rose from the crowd. "It's about damn time!" Rusty shouted. The onlookers laughed as whoops and congratulations sounded out around them. Quinton gave them a moment to continue with their shouts and applause then he lifted his hand to quiet them once more.

"This night will not only be Caleb's first run as a member of our pack and my mate, but it will be his first full moon ever as Silver Moon does not allow omega's to join in full moon celebrations. Let us all make this night memorable for him, for all of us. Also, I want you alphas out there to know that I plan to kill the biggest, and meanest, beast I can find to present before my mate, So watch out, because you all have some competition tonight."

"Bring it on!" Someone yelled excitedly from the crowd, another roar of laughter followed.

"Let's start the hunt!" Another impatient wolf yelled.

"Alright." Quinton laughed. "As I know that each of you are eager to start, I now declare that this months full moon to run has officially begun. Let us shift, hunt, and may the rewards of our hunt fill our bellies!"

All around them, shifters began shedding their clothing, preparing the shift. Quinton too began to unbutton his shirt when he looked to his right and saw that Caleb had not started to undress. Caleb looked up at him shyly but then he crooked his finger and indicated that Quinton should follow him.

Quinton was confused at first but he none the less followed his mate who led him back to the tree where he quickly dipped in behind it. As Quinton too stepped around the tree he understood. No member of the pack, not even Quinton, had ever seen the young omega shift and he had certainly never seen Caleb in all his glory. Caleb didn't want to share this moment with anyone else. It was another first and it was reserved specifically for Quinton and him alone.

Caleb took a quick glance around to make sure they were alone then he slowly drew Quinton to him, pulling him into a tight embrace and kissing him passionately.

"I'm nervous." Caleb confessed with a deep blush once he had pulled back, breathlessly, from the kiss.

"About what?" Quinton asked him, not knowing what the young omega could possibly be nervous about. Taking on one's wolf form was as natural to a shifter as breathing.

Caleb bit his bottom lip then looked to the ground as though he were unable to look Quinton in the eye. "What if...what if you don't like my wolf?"

Quinton stared at him a moment, eyes wide. Not like his wolf? Why would Caleb ever think that? Quinton already loved everything about his mate and he was positive that he was going to love his wolf just as much. Hell, he'd even dreamed of the moment when he'd meet Caleb's wolf for the first time. If his wolf were anything like Quinton's fantasies, then Quinton was certain that he'd fall in love with Caleb's wolf just as he'd fallen in love with Caleb himself.

Quinton placed a finger beneath Caleb's chin and gently lifted his face so that their eyes met. "My darling little wolf," Quinton spoke softly and with much conviction as he addressed his mate. "There is no way on earth or beyond that I would ever dislike any part of you. Your wolf is a part of you and I love you as a whole. I love you now and forever. Nothing will ever change that."

Caleb looked up at him. Tears sprang to his eyes as he smiled affectionately up at his alpha. "I love you." Caleb managed, his voice cracking with emotion. "Forever."

He kissed Quinton once more, this time it was short but filled with love, then he took a step back, the smile on his face turning into a playful grin as he began to lift his shirt up and over his head.

As Caleb undressed, Quinton noticed the glint of metal on the omega's chest, captured by the light of the moon. Caleb was wearing the crescent pendant that Quinton had given him. Caleb followed Quinton's gaze then smiled when he realized what Quinton was looking at.

"My pendant." Caleb whispered, touching his fingers to the half moon that rested against his fair skin. "I wear it all the time. It's just a shame I can't wear it when I shift."

Quinton nodded in understanding. "It looks beautiful on you."

"Thank you." Caleb smiled as a rose colored blush washed his features.

"No need to thank me." Quinton smiled back. "It's the truth. You're beautiful, Caleb. The necklace only enhances your natural beauty."

Caleb's blush deepened. "We should get changed." He said, somewhat timidly. "The other alphas will be waiting to start the hunt."

Quinton nodded. "We should, but only because I'm eager to shift and run with my mate."

"Me too." Caleb squeaked, excitedly.

Quinton chuckled softly then began to remove his own clothing in preparation to shift. Caleb took off his pendant and hung it on a low hanging branch of their tree. He turned and was about to remove his pants when he stopped and suddenly caught sight of Quinton, now fully nude, and it was the most glorious sight he'd ever seen.

Caleb's eyes grazed over Quinton's body, drinking him in, inch by inch. From his sculpted abs to the curve of his thighs to the trail of hair that ran down his belly then dipped down between his legs. He was exquisite. Caleb noted the large, muscular arms, and broad chest with a dusting of dark, coarse, hair that spread across his chest like a tiny forest.

Caleb wanted so much to run his fingers through that hair and touch the hot flesh beneath. The very sight of him sent Caleb's heart into a frenzy of flutters making it suddenly hard for him to breath. Rhys was handsome and sexy as hell but Quinton had inherited the height and thicker build because he had a good three to four inches on his brother (height wise) and was definitely the larger, and more muscular, of the two.

The black hair set against sun-bronzed skin and his dark, brooding eyes, made him look roguish and untamed, maybe even a little dangerous. That excited Caleb all the more as he'd always had a thing for 'bad boys'. Rhys was definitely the 'bad boy' type and it was plain just looking at him with his long, wild hair, and devil may care attitude. Quinton on the other hand was always so reserved, so official.

His status as Alpha had calmed the beast inside but not tamed it completely. Caleb was glad for that. He didn't often get to see this side of Quinton, his more natural, raw, and instinctive side, but what he saw he liked. He liked it very much.

Feeling Caleb watching him, Quinton looked up, concern etched across his face. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

Caleb shook his head slowly, his eyes still glued to the utterly magnificent looking man before him. "No." He said softly, a hungry grin beginning to form on his lips. "Nothing's wrong. Nothing at all. I just like what I'm looking at and can't seem to look away."

Quinton chuckled. "I can totally understand that. I feel exactly the same way about you. I love looking at you too but, I'm afraid, you have me at a disadvantage." Quinton Put his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow enticingly. "You still have your clothes on."

"Oh." Caleb giggled. "I'd completely forgotten. All I could think about was you and how hella sexy you are right now. I'm not even sure that I have the capacity to move at the moment."

"Hm." Quinton moved towards Caleb, looking him up and down with a sultry smile. "Maybe I should help you out of those clothes then." Before Caleb could utter another word, Quinton had taken hold of the waist band of Caleb's pants and undone the top button. With a quick jerk he tugged the young omega closer to him. Caleb's breath caught and he felt his heart skip a beat. Quinton pulled Caleb's zipper down and Caleb suddenly felt weak in the knees.

Quinton grinned, obviously enjoying his mate's reactions. It was like a game to him. See how long it takes before the omega collapses into his arms. Quinton was almost certain that it wouldn't take all that much effort. Caleb looked as though he were ready to just throw Quinton down and have his way with him right then and there. Quinton chuckled internally. While that would suit him just fine, he still had the hunt to start and a promise to make good on. The courting rules of old demanded that he bring back the largest kill and present to his omega's family or in this case, to the omega himself, as a way to prove that he was capable of taking care of the omega and their future children.