A Love to Last Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But it's nothing compared to this precious gift that walked into our lives." Claudia commented as she eyed Jim who blushed and dropped his eyes to the table. "Just look at him, he's a very rare gem. Surely, an apple does not fall far from a tree."

Elena couldn't have been prouder. "I know. Nothing makes me happier than to see my son smiling. I have never seen him so happy and it's because of this gorgeous young man here."

Jim couldn't help but blush. He was so happy, so contented and so excited. When he looked at the man that sat beside him, he couldn't control his breaths. They came out harshly and his heart began racing.

Jim was the star of the night. He wore a pure white designer suit with a red shirt inside and white shoes. His hair was made into a braided ponytail, making him look a Disney prince. His soulmate on the other hand was killing it with a black designer suit with his hair gelled to perfection. It was more than a dinner, it was something more.

"Just look at them." Claudia moaned. "Aren't they the cutest couple ever?"

"I know." Elena chuckled.

Throughout their conversation, Jerome was quiet. He didn't know what to say because it seemed his wife knew what she was doing. He cleared his throat and directed his eyes at David.

"So, David, can you tell me about yourself?"

David looked at the man that he so respected and got nervous. "Sure, sir... I just want to thank you for your invitation. It is an owner to finally meet a business tycoon like you. Being in your presence is an honor."

Jerome smiled.

"And..."

"David just graduated abroad and he's now taking over his family businesses." Jim responded with a smile. "I must say that he's doing a pretty good job so far."

Everyone was surprised that Jim answered that instead of David. Even Elena was surprised but she didn't show it.

"That's wonderful. I knew your father and I worked with him on several occasions." Jerome commented. "He was an amazing and a tough businessman. I can actually see a lot of him in you."

"Thank you so much, sir." David slightly bowed his head. "It is an honor to hear that. I hope in the future, I am gonna have a chance to work and learn from you."

"Actually, that would..."

"That's gonna happen very soon." Elena chuckled nervously. "Claudia and I were thinking of getting the both of you engaged in a few months to come."

"What?" Jerome shouted, his eyes widening. "Engagement? And when did you decide this? I am meeting the young man for the first time. Besides, my son is still very young and yet to start his second year at the University."

David on the other hand was staring at his mother, wide eyed with those words playing in his head. A chill ran down his spine as he tried to process what he had heard. There were lost of questions that were going on in his head. When did his mother and Jim's mother even talk to discuss their engagement? How could she have made such a decision without consulting him? He had known the boy for two weeks and he wasn't even sure of anything. He was doing it because of his mother.

"That doesn't matter." Elena shrugged, looking at her husband. "In a few months, they will be engaged and then when Jim graduates they can get married. There's enough time for us to prepare. It's not every day you get a good match."

"Elena, I thought we were supposed to discuss this."

"I am sorry, Mr. Henandez." Claudia apologized, putting her hands together. "I know this might come in as a shock but I like Jim a lot and I see him as my son. I actually wanted this to be a surprise for all of you and that's why when I started talking to Elena, I told her not to tell you."

"I understand, Mrs. Paola but it's just that my son is still too young to be engaged." He argued. "I have a lot of plans for my sons and until those plans are fulfilled, I don't think I can allow them to get into anything."

"Sons?" Claudia asked as if she was not sure. She looked at Elena with a confused look. "I don't understand. You have another son? I thought Jim was your only son."

"Well, Mrs...."

"Jim is my only son." Elena chimed in, chuckling nervously. "The news just got to him and he got a little confused. There's no other son, it's just Jim."

Amber was damn right surprised. She stared at Elena, wondering how she could have done such a thing. And now what Ben had told her came back. She was even worse than Amber had thought. She looked at Jim but the boy was just smiling without uttering a word. Speaking of Ben, she thought he was supposed to be present. Where was he, she thought?

"I see." Elena said with a sigh. "But Mr. Paola, whatever plans that you have for Jim, I can assure you that they're not gonna be disturbed. Jim will still be your son, but he's gonna be married into my family. Like I said, a beautiful doesn't get hidden for so long. I can't take any chances."

Jerome was upset but he didn't wanna show it in front of the guests. He just smiled sheepishly, giving his wife cold eyes.

"I think I understand what Uncle is trying to say." Amber cleared her voice. She had been quiet for a long time. "Don't you think this decision should be between Jim and David? I mean, they're the ones that will spend their lives together."

"I don't have a doubt that Jim has any objections." Claudia said sweetly. "Do you, Jim?"

Jim blushed and felt like he was sitting on cloud 9. His heart was racing with joy and he couldn't have wanted for things to go any other way.

"Well... I... I love David and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with him." He said as he raised his eyes to stare at the surprised man. "I don't care even if it's tomorrow, as long as I am with him."

Elena's heart pounded with happiness and her soul started dancing.

"There you have, he's got no objection. So, it's settled." Elena said as she clapped happily. "Let's make a toast, to David and Jim. And to the unification of our families very soon. To us!"

They all toast, but there were some faces that were not happy. Jim grabbed David's hand and connected his eyes with him. David smiled back at him and the boy wished they had been alone. He was having those thoughts again, of making love to David.

"Alright, let's eat!"

They all began eating. Amber was staring at her brother and she could tell that he had something that he wanted to say but was obviously scared to. She loved Jim so much and she wanted him as her brother-in-law but she needed to hear what her brother wanted. Things were moving too fast.

Amber took a sigh and was about to start eating when a suddenly, a smile appeared on her lips and an unexpected happiness consumed her. She quickly rose from the chair and began rushing towards the living room.

"Look who decided to join us. I was wondering where you were."

She rushed to him and wrapped her arms tightly around him.

"Hey, were where you?" She asked angrily, giving him angry eyes. "I thought you had said you were gonna join us."

Ben smiled brightly, holding her hand tightly. "I am so sorry about that. Something came up and I had to make sure that I attended to it. Forgive me."

"How can I be mad at you when at you when you're so cute?" She moaned, caressing his cheek. "Come, let me introduce you to my family."

"Oh no!" Ben shook his head. "I wasn't planning on joining you. How about..."

"Nonsense!" She brushed him off and took his hand sweetly. "You're gonna meet my family today. You're just as important as Jim is to me. Besides, we're gonna be a family."

Ben smiled and started laughing and talking to the beautiful lady that totally looked like a princess. They didn't even pay attention to the table they were going as they just talked sweetly.

When Elena saw Amber with Ben coming towards the dining, anger thrummed through her veins. She was nearly suffocating on her fury and here she had been thinking she'd gotten rid of the bad omen for the night. A look of great bitterness swept across her face and her hands clenched at her sides.

Meanwhile, David who was still shocked from the news of his engagement was just eating without paying attention to anything with Jim's hand on his thigh, massaging him under the table.

"Hey mom, David..." Amber called excitedly. "...I would like for you to meet someone very special, an amazing friend. I would say he has easily become my best friend. This is Ben Henandez, Jim's super cute brother." He wrapped his arms around his waist.

David raised his face slowly and when his eyes landed on the boy, he instantly felt chills across his skin. There was a delicious moment where David's face washed blank with confusion, like his brain cogs couldn't turn fast enough to process what he was seeing from his wide eyes. Every muscle of his body froze and he felt cold, really cold. He felt his chest growing so tight that it became hard for him to breathe.

Ben on the other hand was smiling brightly as he shifted his eyes from Amber to the beautiful woman that sat near Elena, staring at him in shock. He slowly bowed his head but when his eyes landed on the handsome young man sitting next to his brother, color was drained from his face instantly.

A deep sense of uneasiness held him rigid as panic surged through him. His gaze went through David like a blast of ice. He could hear the slow, dragging beat of his heart. He was paralyzed to the spot, the menacing aura holding him in a tightening grip.

"How?"

To be continued...