A Love to Nurture

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We wanted to choose a moonlit evening that had fresh fallen snow. We agreed to bring candle lanterns and one photographer. The paperwork would be done in advance so that we could pick the evening that was brightly lit with fresh snow. I decided on a simple white dress of satin and a diadem of pearls and rhinestones. Jake would wear his black tux. We were very proud of ourselves for not caving into the whole wedding craze that made a mockery of the actual marriage. We were so excited.

For Thanksgiving, we went to the Thorpe's since they were still grieving. We stayed in Jake's old room and helped with the cooking. Catherine was very accepting of me and grateful for the place I had in Jake's life. Jayne brought a boyfriend and James showed up half hung over.

The day and the meal were lovely. As we sat around the table afterward, the family started to share stores of Michael Thorpe, beloved father and husband. There was laughter and tears from everyone. At a pause in the conversation, Jake tapped his knife against his water glass. "I have an announcement to make! Alex and I are going to be married." There was hurrahs and well wishes from around the table.

"When, darling?" Catherine asked.

"Well, Mom. This will be hard to hear, but we just want to run off and do the deed one day."

James piped up "You've already done the deed. When are you getting married?"

"We don't know. On that day, we will both feel it and go get married. It's not that we don't love you all. It's just that it is a private moment between Alex and me and we don't feel the need for an audience."

Jayne responded with "Well, brother. You've always done things your own special way. Why should this be any different?"

Catherine pleaded, "Darlings, we want to celebrate the marriage. Can't we throw a small get together afterward?"

Jake replied, "Maybe something really casual in the summer in the backyard. Okay, Mum?"

"Yes, alright. But we want to be told about it with all the details right away, Please?"

I said "Of course!"

James asked me "Alex is this really what you want?"

"Yes, it is. We've talked about it and we have a special plan."

My own parents took the news a little harder. I argued with my mother. "Mom, I've already had the big wedding and it was beautiful. This time, I want it to be with just Jake and me and the minister of course." My sister Ellen called me later after my mother had lamented to her. "Ellen, do you think that you could convince Mom to just let this be? I don't ever intend to do this again, so this time is for me and Jake."

"Alright, if you are sure that is what you want."

"It is. I just want Jake. That is more than enough." We laughed and signed off.

As December reached its midpoint, it snowed lightly one night. Jake looked at me to make sure I didn't want to go ahead tonight. "No honey, we wanted the ground and trees fully covered. Remember?"

"Sure I remember, but if this is a lame winter, we'll just fly to Las Vegas and do it."

I laughed and hugged him. "It will snow, you'll see." Each night, we watched light fluffy flakes come down to hardly any accumulation. As Christmas drew nearer I was happy to do a little decorating around the house. We brought in a tree from the woods and decorated it with white lights and red bows. It was so beautiful. We would lay on the sofa together and just stare at the lights and dream of our future together.

We watched the weather forecast. We were to get snow for the next five days. After two days, everything was covered in white. Jake called the minister and told him that tonight was the night. There would be a full moon and it was December 21, Winter Solstice. It was perfect. He made a few more calls that I was not to hear. I boxed the lanterns up for easy transport. I checked my garment bag and makeup bag to make sure everything was there.

We pulled up to the church in a cloud of nerves. There was an office in the basement that was used as a bride's room on such occasions. I pulled my hair up into a chignon and put the rhinestone comb in, to hold it in place. I touched up my makeup and applied a mauve pink lip color. Now for the dress. It was white satin with a high neck that was trimmed in white rabbit fur. The bust was open as an upside down heart and the ends of the long sleeves were trimmed in the white fur as well. The waistline was dropped to the hips with the bottom flaring out from there. I placed the pearl and rhinestone diadem on my head. It came to a point on my forehead and looked rather regal. Instead of flowers, I placed my hands in a white rabbit fur muff.

The photographer got a few shots of me outside in the moonlight. The minister's wife came out to get us. She looked me up and down and said "Oh my, you look like a snow princess. I'm so glad to be here for this very special night."

"Thank you, Mary. Thank you for everything!"

.

"Alex, when you get to the end of the aisle, I will stop playing and come take the muff. Okay you two. Wait for your cue." The photographer took some more pictures and then we both recognized the cue.

I entered the small sanctuary. It was stunning in its simplicity. The aisle was lined with the candle lit lanterns with red bows. Jake was standing at the altar waiting for me. He was so handsome in his black tux, silver waistcoat and black tie. He had a white rose in his lapel. I had never seen anything as beautiful as the look he gave me as I walked toward him. I couldn't stop myself from smiling the whole way. As I faced Jake, the music stopped. Mary came to get the muff and sat down in the first pew.

Minister Adams started the ceremony. "Tonight, Alexandra and Jacob come together to profess their love and devotion to each other in front of God. Like the pure white snow that covers the earth and the trees, their love is pure, young and strong. But tonight's vows on not meant just for beautiful times such as this. They are a promise of steadfast love; endurance through life's challenges, cooperation in life's tasks, and devotion to each other's happiness for the rest of their lives.

"Jacob, repeat after me. As I take this vow today.....I will be changed forever....And I take if gladly.....and without reservation......I promise to honor you....Believe in you.....Protect you.....and do everything in my power.....to make your life happy and fulfilled....This is my vow."

"Alexandra, repeat after me. As I take this vow today.....I will be changed forever....And I take if gladly.....and without reservation......I promise to honor you....Believe in you.....Protect you.....and do everything in my power.....to make your life happy and fulfilled....This is my vow."

"With the authority vested in me by the state of New Hampshire, I profess you to be man and wife...You may now kiss your bride". Jake slowly lowered his lips to mine taking in every aspect of my face and my joy. The kiss was sweet and appropriate for a church with the promise of more to come.

"With hands held together, go forth to your new life with joy in your hearts" chimed the minister. Mrs. Adams handed me my muff and scurried to the piano to play the recessional music.

Jake and I were both so happy and excited. We literally rushed out of the church into the snow-white wonderland around us. I threw my arms around Jake as we laughed and kissed in our joy. This night, neither of us would ever forget.