All Comments on 'A Maiden-Song'

by Jorunn

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Oh for the days when a man could tell a woman he loves her, using words as lovely as you have written.

BGHillmanBGHillman29 days ago

I like this tale and would very much like to read the result of the poem being heard by Elon and her reaction (and her fathers) to the gift!

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Lovely words.

JorunnJorunn27 days agoAuthor

There are actually 3 subjects in this story. One is Bragi, who is on the quest and tells the story. A second is the Maiden-Song, which if you read carefully, lives up to its reputation as having the ability to 'enchant' both men and women (notice the changes after it is read aloud). But you should not overlook that the main subject in this story is Jorunn, herself. It is as much her story as it is Bragi's story. She is confined to the fortress and rarely gets a chance at love. When Bragi arrives, Jorunn seizes the opportunity to experience the kind of love that Elin is experiencing, knowing that it will only be for a short while. However, she does not want to 'steal' Bragi away from Elin, nor interfere in any way. Thus, Jorunn in effect is 'edging', getting as close as she can to love, but knows she cannot go further. My first writing had sex between Bragi and Jorunn, but I changed it because it would mean Bragi, who is on a love quest for Elin, would be unfaithful to the woman of his quest.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

I get the bittersweet exposure to love by the female poet, and because you put this in romance, I will forgive the limited sex and give 5 stars. Romance itself is not about sex. However, your concept would have worked well in other categories where maybe two Lit authors get together, with one seeking help with a fetish or BDSM or Loving Wives story. Then use your clever extraction method to lead into sex.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy17 days ago

Splendid story!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJorunn@Jorunn
A poet at heart, and writer of stories; of love, romance and nature's glories. There is some of me in all of my stories. I am a Huldra, a Shield-Maiden, and a Valkyrie. Jorunn Skaldmaer is an historical figure, one of the only known female Skaldic poets, and worked in the ...