All Comments on 'A Match for the el Maiens Ch. 17'

by NaokoSmith

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
it's getting really good. ...

Love reading this! Seeing the inner workings of Clair and Arianna... I think Clair's explanation of his behavior was really important.Hoping Anna got the moment when he was vulnerable with her...the truth of things is in these moments. Hoping these two can continue to work it out and claim the passionate relationship that is lurking beneath the surface. Love that Arianna is brilliant and also desires passion as well. Reading her own thoughts about her self awareness and insecurities feels very real. Can't wait for the next chapter!

NaokoSmithNaokoSmithalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

I'm especially grateful for feedback about this chapter. I was worried it was too long and slow. I worry that people will get impatient for the two of them to jump into bed! I think it's important to show that you can't immediately trust someone like Clair. However good a person he is at heart, he has treated Arianna badly and must prove himself worth trusting.

Originally this chapter was even longer; I had a lot more reminiscence of Clair's life at court. However I decided we only need a glimpse of the 'pink-fingered' set. I cut the account of his affair with Stevan although I personally found it a lot of fun, LOL. Maybe I'll write it up separately, I've done that with other parts of the story which threatened to take over - like Hanya Lein's affair with Dar Vaie (see my story An Honourable Slut) and Hanya el Jien's courtship of Anata Yrai (The Low Lovers of Anastelle Yrai).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous