A Mate to Howl For Ch. 08

Story Info
New Evidence.
2.6k words
4.73
3.9k
3
0

Part 8 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/11/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters who engage in sex are to be considered over the age of eighteen years.

~~~

It was just after six in the morning when Ivory rolled over and her hand landed on an empty place. The sheet was still warm and Ivory realized Cullen had just vacated the bed. She woke up when he joined her an hour before having been up most of the night with pack business, and in two hours he would be overseeing the trial. She lifted her head from the black silk pillow and looked across the room at him. "Do you have time to shower with me?" Her voice was soft. She could see the stress etching his eyes.

Cullen was looking in the closet, trying to decide which shirt to wear. Did he wear the white button-down or the blue one? He was the hosting Alpha. Normally he would be the chairman, but since part of his pack were witnesses he stepped down and allowed the other Alpha Council members to take charge. His duty was to provide protection and support.

The stern look that had been clinging to his features shifted when he heard her tender voice. "There is nothing I want more than to shower with you and lose myself, but I need to meet Alphas Jones and Williams in forty minutes at the airport." He walked over to the bed and leaned down touching his lips to hers. "Go back to bed for thirty minutes and then have Dolly bring you breakfast. I will be home before you know it."

Ivory melted into the kiss, pulling his large frame down on top of her. "Or I could," but another kiss silenced her. They stayed tasting each other until Cullen got a mind link from Aaron and headed out the door. She watched him leave and felt her chest tighten. Deep down she knew it was the mate bind pulling her towards him. She sighed and decided to shower after placing an order for her breakfast.

Ivory had wanted to make her meal, but with the pack house full of visiting Alphas and Betas she felt it best to stay away until after eating. Being young and newly mated she had not met many other leaders from the pack a. While Cullen had introduced her to Anthony and Marcus she did not feel comfortable around others. The darkness that still lives in the back of her mind was lingering and she sometimes caught a glimpse of Arthur only to find it was her imagination.

~~~

The black Ford F-250 pulled to the front of the pack house. Dylan was standing next to Oscar when Cullen, Aaron, Alpha Jones, and Alpha Williams stepped out. It was a little after seven in the morning and the group had time before the trial to settle in. "Alphas," Dylan said in greeting. "If you will follow me I will take you to your rooms and then take you to where the trial will be held." He motioned his hand and the visiting Alphas followed him.

When they were inside the building, Oscar walked with Cullen and Aaron. "Sirs, I double-checked on the computers and the network. We seem to be secure. Kyle has downloaded the new software and we should be able to broadcast to all the packs. I have set up the queue system so that Marcus is the only one to mute and unmute the others as the trial progresses. I have also added three Council Enforcers to protect the kids."

Aaron browned slightly. "Alpha Richards's lawyer requested the witness list. So they now know the kids are here. Keep an eye on all of them as well as Luna Ivory."

Cullen grunted as he subconsciously looked to the window of his room. Today would be a good day to go after his mate. The depths of deceit ran deep within the Davis pack and the slaughtering of Paradise Falls pack. Killing the kids and or Ivory would set the trial back and cause Cullen to go feral.

"Already on it, sir. Ivory will have two pack warriors and a Council Enforcer with her at all times until this matter is settled." Oscar assured his alpha. "I spoke with her a few minutes ago and she did not fight me."

That's my girl. Cullen thought to himself as the trio walked around the backside of the house and down the worn path to an open pole barn. He mind-linked Ivory to let her know he was back and to join him as soon as she was free. As his Luna and mate, he wanted her by his side. Who else could protect her better than him?

~~~

The council prosecutor, Former Luna Kathy Jennings was talking to Beta Carla Martin when Ivory and Cullen walked into the small area which had been converted to look like a courtroom. Kathy was over two hundred years old but didn't look a day over forty in human years. Her long brown hair was secured at the nape of her neck by a red scrunchy that matched her pencil skirt. Her white button-down blouse was neatly tucked in giving her a very professional appearance.

"Alpha Cullen," she smiled, walking toward him. She gave Ivory a big grin. "You must be Luna Ivory. It is a pleasure to meet you." Kathy offered her hand. "When I heard Cullen had finally found his mate I could hardly believe it. I have to say you are absolutely gorgeous."

Ivory felt her cheeks turning apple red. "It's truly my pleasure Luna Jennings. I understand you and Cullens family go way back. I look forward to talking with you more once all of this is over." Ivory meant each word. Some mates might be jealous of other she-wolves, but Ivory trusted Cullen.

Cullen had told her last night that Kathy was like a sister to him when he was younger. She had found her mate and was Luna of the Valentine Pack in Nebraska until her mate was killed. She held on to life until her son Mike Jennings was old enough and strong enough to take over. Afterward, Kathy decided to put her life to purpose and not wither away. She attended college and law school. After twenty years as the pack lawyer, she was asked by Alpha Council member Ivan Protrusky Pack to consider working for the council. Kathy now served her duty to the Werewolf Nation protecting the innocent.

"I made arrangements with my pack to stay here for a week after the trial. I understand all the boys are coming to visit." She winked with a grin. She loved the Steiner brothers."

Before Ivory could answer the crowd quoted down. Ivory looked over her shoulder as Alpha Jerry Richards was led into the front area. He was bound in silver shackles and had a death glare. Ivory could tell that he would kill all of them if given the chance. She shuddered at the thought.

Cullen, will the kids be okay? Do they have to face him or will they video link us? Ivory asked through their mate link. She didn't want to overstep and speak out loud.

The kids will be fine. They will be here through a video link. Alpha Jones will be in the room with them and I have already given an Alpha command for them to tell the truth. Cullen placed his hand on the small of her back and directed them to a side table where they would sit. As the host pack, he and Ivory would need to stay to control the others.

~~~

Alpha Jerry Richards was forced into the chair next to his lawyer. The council enforcer who escorted him bolted his shackled feet to a six-inch eye bolt mounted on the floor. Even with the silver color restricting his wolf, the council wasn't taking any chances if he was to become free before the trial concluded. He was an alpha-born wolf and extremely powerful.

Council-appointed lawyer Bill Daniels placed a leather briefcase on the table and pulled out a folder, setting it between him and Alpha Jerry. He had stayed up most of the night working on his defense. Bill happened to look up as Kathy approached.

"Good morning William," she greeted. Kathy knew he preferred Bill but she had called him William for the last fifty years and there was no point in changing now. "I have an updated witness list for you." She offered him the document in her hand. "We added Miss Angelica Jones. Before you argue we only became aware of her at seven this morning. Alpha Zane Evans arrived with her this morning."

Before Bill could respond Jerry pulled at his chains and growled. "Where is that bitch!"

"Settle down Alpha Richards," a cold voice said from behind him. Council member Alpha Marcus Ryle had walked in. "If you cannot maintain a respectful tone I will have you gagged."

"Go fuck yourself, Marcus," Jerry sneered.

~~~

If Kathy was affected by Jerry's outburst she hid it well. She simply walked around the desk and approached Alpha Cullen. "Alpha I can agree to give the defense a moment to discuss this new witness."

Cullen nodded and mind linked with Aaron. "I am going to push the hearing back thirty minutes. Please double the guard on Miss Jones and the kids. I do not trust Alpha Richards to make an attempt on them. Also, have Beta Nick from the Davis pack ready to speak."

Aaron was just walking into the packhouse when he got the message from Cullen. "Of course, Alpha". He responded as he continued through the long hallway that led to the basement stairs. Beta Nick was still an unknown in this case. When he was brought in, he refused to talk to anyone other than Alpha Chase Parker of the Eufaula pack. Aaron asked Oscar to do a background check on the two men. It was discovered they were half-brothers though they were not raised together.

Aaron walked to the small holding room. This room was not a dungeon, it was in fact a true holding cell. Two warriors and a council enforcer stood guard outside. Beta Nick was to be protected from others and himself. Aaron opened the door instructing Warrior Gene to unlock his shackle from the O ring cemented on the floor. "The trial will start shortly." He said in a stern voice. While both men were of equal rank, Aaron was slightly larger in stature and at least twenty pounds of pure muscle heavier.

As Beta Nick stood and held his hands out in front of his calm body. "Will Alpha Chase be joining me before I enter the courtroom?" His voice was calm and unemotional.

Aaron unlocked the chain that held him in place. "Yes. You and Alpha Chase will have ten minutes before you are escorted into the court. Attorney Jennings will then speak to you before Attorney Daniel." Aaron opened the door escorting Nick to the first floor and into a private office where Alpha Chase was waiting.

Looking between the two brothers, Aaron cleared his throat. "Alpha Steiner has expressed his regret that he can not meet with you before the trial begins. He sends his greeting." Aaron removed the chain that held Beta Nick's arms and legs together. "I have also been instructed to remind you that while you are a guest here, Beta Nick is not. He is here as a hostile witness and any attempt to help him escape will be considered a direct rejection of a council order."

Alpha Chase inhaled deeply as though trying to keep his temper under control. "Thank you Beta," he said, walking to where Nick was rooted to the floor. "If you give us the room," he asked with a nod.

"Of course," Aaron agreed and exited the room. He nodded to the warriors and the line enforcer. It was a silent order for them to watch the room.

~~~

"Miss Jones," Kyle said, walking into the small room where the woman was enjoying a cup of coffee. "It's time." He continued with an expressionless face. He had heard rumors of the woman a few years ago. She was considered a modern-day courtesan. Back before the current Were Council, Alpha Council, and Werewolf Council, women and men like her were commonplace.

"Please, call me Angela or Angie if you are feeling frisky." The she-wolf stood, smoothing her hand along her slender arms, pulling the cuff of her sleeves lower before fully turning in Kyle's direction. She walked closer, setting a hand on his chest as she licked her lower lip.

A weak man might have found her charms alluring, but Kyle did not. He knew she was not his mate, and he felt nothing. Maybe a slight annoyance tugged at his chest as she flirted with him. "Miss Jones, if you are fully ready, I will escort you to Alpha Ryle." His voice was steady, and as normal to all non-pack members held no emotion. He motioned his hand and nodded towards the door.

Angela pouted but walked out of the door. They walked in silence, though she let her eyes wander over the man beside her. Once they reached the pole barn, an enforcer joined them. The enforcer and Kyle walked into a side room Alpha Ryle was seated behind a solid oak desk.

"Miss Jones," Marcus said as he stood. He might be an alpha and a member of many councils, but he was also a Southern gentleman. He walked around the desk, extending his hand, taking hers, and kissed the back of her center knuckle, showing her a deep form of respect. "Angie," he smiled as he dismissed the pair behind her.

"Marcus," she greeted. "I hear congratulations are in order." Angela had heard that Marcus had found his mate.

Marcus nodded and the look of pure peace washed over his features. "Yes Violet walked into one of my restaurants a few months ago and I would be damned if she didn't knock me on my ass. When we are finished down here, you should come and visit. We are planning a human marriage and her Luna ceremony in a month." he said. "But we can work all of that out later. I wanted to speak to you about the testimony you gave. Are you certain about the dates?"

Angie nodded. "I would love to come for a visit. And yes, I am certain. I started keeping a log book of my travels after The Were War. Joel Hancock had captured me and I started a diary of dates and times when he kidnapped the young. After I was freed, I kept a record of the packs I visited and the females I helped find their families. It kind of became a habit. I can give you online access to my log book if you wish."

Marcus felt a huge weight lift from his shoulders. The defense was trying to toss out Angie's testimony based on no proof. But a digital log would have a record if it had been edited, and even Jerry couldn't deny the evidence. "That would be perfect." He said as he looked at his wrist. "Okay, Bill Daniel will come to speak to you. I will stay here with you as he asks his questions. I will compel you by Alpha command to answer all questions honestly. If what you say is irrefutable then you will not have to face Alpha Jerry in the courtroom."

Angie nodded and sat in the high-back leather chair. "I'm ready."

~~~