A Meeting on the Train

Story Info
A chance encounter on a train leads to an adventure.
10.5k words
4.71
9.5k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear all,

This is my first attempt at an erotic story, so please bear with me.

I'm aiming for a wholesome, possibly realistic story.

Thank you all!

Here goes...

Mac always prefers travelling by train, he likes seeing new sights and meeting new people. Although, usually his fellow passengers sit in stony silence pretending he isn't there. The exception being the older woman told him at length about her medical history. As much as Mac likes watching emergency-room dramas, if he was seriously interested in peoples' medical history, he would have become a doctor.

The carriage is unusually empty, with only a few of the seats taken. Sitting at a table seat was always a good invitation for someone to join him, and with any luck he'd some interesting conversations. Not needing to keep his eyes on the road, he is free to look out of the window and watch the landscape become increasingly less familiar. Train really is the best way to travel.

As the train is pulling in to the next station, Mac's attention is caught by a striking young woman standing on the platform. She is wearing a green top and shorts, carrying a large backpack. She has golden tanned skin and luscious red hair, but that's all he can see as the train rolls gently past.

A moment later, a soft voice asks behind his shoulder "is this seat taken?"

Mostly out of polite habit Mac replies "Please go ahead." He turns to look and can't believe his luck, it's the woman from the platform. She is even more stunning up close, although her baggy green t-shirt does its best to hide her form. As she reaches up to place her bag in the overhead rack, her shirt rides up and he catches a glimpse of her delicious toned stomach. Mac has an almost irresistible desire to reach out and run his fingers over her smooth skin, but that would be a sure-fire way to get her to move to another seat. It is a highly inappropriate way to greet a stranger. Besides, she may well be a in a committed relationship, or not be into men at all. In saying that, she did choose to sit with him in an otherwise almost empty carriage.

Sitting down directly opposite him, Mac is dying to get a closer look at her, without being too obvious. She has shining green eyes, a cute nose, and kissable lips. She catches him looking and Mac blushes slightly. The mysterious woman smiles.

Usually, Mac has no trouble starting a conversation, but there is something about this woman that has him feeling the pressure to appear funny, confident, and manly. She pulls out a book and starts to read. Her book looks like a serious work of intellectual literature, not something he can lightly start a conversation about. He picks up his own book, attempting to read. No matter how much he tries, he can't seem to stop stealing glances at her. Her shapely cheekbones, the delicate angle of her jaw, graceful curve of her neck.

...

Amanda occasionally glances out of the window, pretending to look at the passing scenery. Little does this man know, but she is secretly studying him in the reflection of the glass. He is the story-book combination of tall, dark and handsome, and has a friendly face. His dark hair is cut boyishly short. His shoulders are broad with a hint of muscle underneath his plain shirt, but not to the degree that he has bunches climbing up his neck. He is looking at his book, but she can tell he's not really reading.

...

Mac is still thinking about how to start a conversation with this beautiful stranger. Should he ask where she's travelling to? Too cliché. The weather? Boring. Ask for her medical history? Too personal. Maybe he should ask about her travels after all, it's a safe option. The key to starting a conversation is to just start. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Inwardly, Mac takes a deep breath and says "hi, that looks like a serious backpack you've got there, are you here to do some hiking?"

"Hey" the woman smiles "I actually do plan on doing some hiking, but mostly I find it more practical than a suitcase. What about you? Where are you headed?"

"Anywhere I want to! I'm taking some time off to travel. I'm mostly going by train though; I find that the silly little wheels on my suitcase don't do so well on hiking trails."

The woman laughs. "Maybe you should invest in a good backpack, it will be your travelling friend for life."

"You have a point there. In saying that, my suitcase is like my travel buddy, look at how many stickers I have." Mac indicates his suitcase, bedecked with a rainbow of stickers from all the locations he's been.

"That's cool! I should get some for my bag. Although, stickers wouldn't hold very well on my backpack. Maybe I could always embroider on some patches. I see you've been to Santorini! How was that? I've heard it's beautiful."

"Oh, it is, there's a place that does amazing pitas with dips, I had to go back the next day for more. It was that good."

...

There's a small lull in the conversation, but Marco feels a strange connection already with this incredibly attractive woman. She picks up her book again. "So, what is it that you're reading?" Mac asks.

"Oh this..." She flushes. "Um it's..." Haltingly she goes on "ah, it's a post-modern examination of literature cultivating unrealistic perceptions of love and relationships." That's quite a mouthful, and the woman looks somewhat bashful.

This is why he shouldn't have asked about the book.

Thinking quickly, he smiles politely. "So, it's essentially a rom-com?"

She laughs, and the tension is broken. "Actually yes, you could say that! That's it exactly."

"I read a rom-com once, actually quite entertaining."

"Really? That's a bit unusual for a man. Which one did you read?"

"I think it was called something like 'High Heels and High Expectations', it was surprisingly funny."

"I might have read that one. Is that where the jet-setting businesswoman falls for the surfer-boy?"

"Yup, and her best friend discovers she's into women, and viola, the love triangle is established."

The woman laughs again. "I actually did not see that twist coming."

"Yeah, I felt much more for the friend. The businesswoman was too much of a princess for my liking."

"Oh really? The businesswoman seemed pretty badass to me. What sort of woman do you like? Or man for that matter, I shouldn't make assumptions."

"I like women, mostly. Specifically, women who are adventurous. In saying that, you're right, someone can be a princess and be adventurous. Maybe it's more that I don't like women with too much make-up, or who care about having the latest gadgets."

"Is that so?" she grins broadly, twirling her hair.

"So, what sort of men or women are you into?"

"I like men, but not the kind that go to the gym or drive loud cars. I like men with genuine self-confidence. Men who can wear a tutu and pull it off."

Mac grins. "Then let me tell you of the time I played Rapunzel in the school play."

Just as their conversation gets really interesting the train rolls to a stop. A man in business attire sits down next to the woman, talking loudly on his phone. He is saying something about disapproving of his future daughter in law.

This efficiently halts the budding conversation.

...

The woman turns her attention back to her book and Mac can't take his eyes off her, marvelling at the look of delicate concentration on her face. Her face is beautifully tanned, with no trace of make-up. Her lavish red hair is tied back in a simple plait, its colour highlighting the green in her eyes. She has a wholesome, natural look.

She is very intent on her book, captivated. Mac wonders if she's flushing now, colour rising in her cheeks. Is her breath quickening slightly? She gives a little sigh and unintentionally his gaze drift downwards, before he can help it he's looking for her shape under the baggy green fabric or her t-shirt. In his imagination Mac traces a finger along the hem, before slipping underneath... He shifts in his seat and his foot bumps up against hers. He hurriedly retracts his foot. Is that another glimpse of a smile on her face?

It isn't long before her foot bumps into his, however she doesn't pull away. Now she's definitely smiling, eyes still directed at her book. As her foot begins to move back and forth against his, Mac realises this is definitely not accidental. If this was intended to get Mac's attention, it's certainly worked.

The business man breaks off his phone call, but the flow of conversation has been disrupted. Fortunately, he gets off at the next station.

...

The woman glances up from her book, "Don't you hate it when people are noisy on trains?" she asks.

"Actually, usually I'm the one making the noise. I do like talking to people on the train."

The woman laughs, "Friendly conversations are different to obnoxious phone conversations. So, have you met anyone interesting?"

"Well, I've met you. I'm Mac by the way."

"Amanda, nice to meet you."

Mac considers, and decides now is the time to share the older lady's medical history. After all, the older lady didn't seem particularly concerned about her patient confidentiality.

Amanda laughs, putting her book away. Mac is getting to like seeing her laugh. "So, do you want to hear about my medical history? You seem to be very good at getting women to share details of their personal life."

Mac puts on his most serious face. "Please go ahead, just remember that I will charge €50 an hour. You'd better make it quick."

"Well, my first encounter with a doctor was when I was four and I got a jelly bean stuck up my nose. It seemed to fit so nicely! The only thing I really remember is that I wanted to take the trainset from the waiting room home with me."

Mac's serious face doesn't last very long "I never got things stuck up my nose, although I did manage to get my fingers stuck in things all the time. I just never seemed to learn."

"Then at age twelve I got chickenpox. I missed out on school camp; I was so upset."

"I also got chickenpox when I was young, but I've still got some scars. This one on my hand I actually used to learn left from right. Do you have any scars?"

Amanda smiles "I have a few actually. Some people don't like them, but I think that they all tell a story. This one on my thumb is from my pocketknife, literally the day after I was given it. I was trying to carve a dolphin out of wood."

"I also have a big one on my thigh from when I was hacking through the bush with a machete. I was very lucky I didn't hurt myself more badly that day. I like to think of it as my Action-Man scar, which is strange because I mostly played with Barbie dolls as a kid."

"I just desperately wanted a trainset. But, coming back to my medical history, the main condition I have euthyroidism."

Mac's puts on his serious face again "I've never heard of that before. Is it painful?"

"Ah no, it's a condition of thyroid gland here in the neck." She indicates on herself. "Do you notice anything different about me?"

Mac takes the excuse to have a good look at her. Two shining green eyes, check. Two sweet ears, check. One cute nose, check. One kissable mouth, check. "Nope, I see nothing wrong with you. You look perfect to me. And your neck looks pretty normal, quite nice in fact."

Amanda laughs "It was a trick question. Euthyroidism means that my thyroid hormone levels are just right. Although, it does give me blue pee."

Now Mac has a shocked look on his face.

Amanda laughs again "just kidding, that's familial benign hypercalcemia. I don't have that medical condition."

"Well, I have synesthesia, but I don't really see that as a medical condition."

Amanda seems genuinely curious. "That always seemed kinda cool to me, what's it like? What sensory crossovers do you have? Does your synethesia ever give you blue pee?"

"Well, my food comes with extra colours, it can be quite fun. By the way, how do you know about synesthesia? Are you a doctor?"

"You could say so" Amanda winks "what do you do?"

"I'm a cobbler."

"So, you make cobblestones?"

Now it's Mac's turn to laugh. "No, I make shoes."

"Oh! That's interesting! What can you tell me about these?"

She reaches down and brings up a pair of well-worn leather sandals. Mac studies them with a practiced look.

"Hmm, let me see. This strap here signifies an unusual medical condition, see how it's a slightly darker shade of blue?"

Amanda grins. "Do go on."

"Well, judging by the stitching around the buckle here, I can tell you that you like to travel and that you will meet a tall, dark, and handsome stranger in your near future. And see here..." his voice catches.

Amanda has just run her bare foot up the inside of his calf.

Her foot is warm and soft, it feels amazing. Her touch is sending thrilling tingles all the way up his leg. Amanda leans forwards and says in a hushed voice, "tell me more."

...

Mac's reply is cut short however by an announcement over the train PA system. Damn it! This is his stop! Just when things were getting interesting, he is sorely tempted to skip his stop just to spend some more time with Amanda. The train has come to a halt and he needs to make up his mind quickly. However, his hesitation has already told him that he's not getting off.

Amanda is watching him intently. "Are you ok? You seem a little on edge."

She is impressively observant. He can't just tell her he missed his stop to spend a few more minutes with her.

"Where are you getting off?" Amanda asks. Could she be really be reading his mind?

"Oh, my stop is coming up next," Mac says trying to appear casual "what about you?"

Amanda is smiling again. Somehow, he gets the feeling she knows he deliberately skipped his station.

"I'm also getting off at the next stop." Amanda winks. She turns back to her book and Mac picks up his again. It's time for Mac to play some footsie of his own.

He surreptitiously slips off a shoe, and reaches out for Amanda's leg. As he brushes up against her, she keeps her eyes on her book, but lets a smile slip. Encouraged, he runs his foot up the inside of her calf, surprised by how difficult this is to do smoothly on the train. Her leg feels good under his foot, Mac can feel strong muscles underneath her supple skin. How far will she let him go? He tries to inch his foot further up, wanting to sneak to her thigh, but his knee is impeded by the table. Playing footsie always looks effortless in movies, but he realises now that it can be tricky on a moving train. He continues to stroke up and down, hardly believing he's doing this to a relative stranger. Amanda's breath catches, she shifts her weight subtly in her seat. Looking slightly flustered, Amanda gently asks for her shoe back. She excuses herself, takes something from her bag, and gets up to go to the bathroom.

...

Amanda is taken aback with how flustered she feels. Her mind is buzzing with how hot this situation is. To her surprise, she finds her thoughts drawn to what it would be like to take Mac into her bed and have a good tumble around. They're good thoughts. Time for some deep breaths. Mac is attractive, handsome, and cute. She likes his friendly face, the smile in his eyes, and there is something about the way he listens to her stories. Mac is also clearly interested in her, he could not stop looking at her. She is definitely getting turned on, never had she imagined that playing footsie could be so thrilling.

Amanda opens her hand, revealing the lacy red panties she took from her bag. She enjoys wearing sexy panties sometimes. Besides, she's already wearing the matching lacy red bralette and it would it would be a shame not to put them on. It makes her feel slightly scandalous to be changing underwear in a train bathroom. She pulls off her shorts and wriggles her underwear down her hips, surprised to notice that they're already starting to dampen with her excitement.

Much as she disagrees with the patriarchal pressures of women needing to have hairless legs at all times, she is secretly relieved that she waxed recently. She slips her feet into the panties, barely feeling their feathery weight on her ankles. She slides them up her legs, slower than is really necessary, despite their delicateness. They brush over her knees, tickle up her thighs and come to rest, tangling with the short curls of her pubic hair. That's an area she doesn't feel needs regular waxing. On with her shorts again.

She quickly checks in the mirror and heads back to her seat. As she approaches, Mac is looking slightly worried. He probably thought he'd chased her away! She smiles at the thought, and sees a look of relief cross his face.

"I was worried I'd chased you off for a moment there" Mac admits.

"Not without my bag. Besides, I'll tell you before things get too much. I just had to use the bathroom." Amanda is not about to admit why she went to use the bathroom.

The train is already slowing again for the next stop, and this time they're not going to miss it. Amanda leads the way to the exit, with perhaps just a little extra swish in her hips. It's almost like she can feel his eyes on her.

...

Out on the platform, they look around. The handful of other passengers that also got off, quickly get into cars and leave. It is late in the afternoon and the station is surprisingly quiet. It appears that they are some way out of town, the station is a simple wooden building with a few trees set against open countryside. Quite pretty really. The sun is warm and golden on the trees. Once the sound of cars and the train dies away, they can hear the droning of bees and the birds singing cheerfully. Amanda stands so close to Mac that he can smell her perfume; she smells sweetly of sage and lavender.

"So, where are you headed?" Amanda asks.

"I was planning to stay at the Weary Traveller hostel" Mac replies.

"No way! I was also going to stay there tonight!"

"Hang on, does that mean that you also skipped your stop?"

"Well...." Amanda blushes, "I didn't have my shoes on when we got to the stop... and I wasn't about to walk out in bare feet."

"I'm not going to walk however many kilometres it is back to the hostel," he looks around the empty countryside "and I doubt there's another place anywhere nearby."

"Well, we've got to get there, otherwise we're both sleeping in a ditch. We could hitchhike..." Amanda suggests tentatively.

"Hasn't anyone warned you against getting into cars with strangers?" Mac asks.

Amanda laughs. "I'll be getting in with you, and you're not a stranger."

"I don't think it's me you have to be worried about."

Amanda lowers her voice, stepping closer to Mac "I don't think I have to worry about anyone with you around." She bats her eyelids and runs a hand over his biceps. Mac blushes, then laughs.

"Well, it is true that a couple is far more likely to get a ride than a single guy by himself."

"That settles it, hitchhiking it is then."

...

"Come on" Amanda says "Everyone's left the station. We're not going to catch here anymore." Looking over her shoulder she slowly starts walking off. Mac picks up his bag and falls into step beside her. They are walking close together, but neither seem to mind. Their hands brush once, then with a flutter he feels Amanda's fingers slip into his hand. Mac grips her hand, and can't help but smile. He looks sideways at her and his smile grows with the happy look on her face.

Amanda's hand is deliciously warm, and he playfully entwines his fingers with hers. In response her thumb starts tracing little patterns over the back of his hand. Even though her hand Is a lot smaller, it still seems to fit perfectly in his.

"So" Mac asks, "do you want to tell me more about what you were reading?"

Amanda blushes. "Oh, this" she drops his hand and still walking pull the book from her bag. She flips back the dust cover and with a laugh reveals a far less intellectual looking cover. The title 'The Erotic Adventures of Alexia in Wonderland' in scrawled in large purple letters, with an illustration of some card people doing interesting things. "I find it secretly thrilling to read my erotica on the train, but this cover is a little too obvious". She laughs, putting the book back in her bag. That explains why she was hesitant to talk about it on the train. Quickly she slips her hand back into Mac's.