A Momentary Lapse Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A portable shadowglobe generator. If one can create hard-light, then the creation of shadows is a trivial affair," the architect boasted, slipping the device into a pocket on her dress.

"Do not mock me, Symmetra," the mayor said, disdain dripping from every word.

"I do apologize, Mister Mayor," Symmetra said, dusting herself off. "We'll have to bring this outlaw, Ashe, to the proper authorities while you may have to deal with the legal ramifications for the intended purchase of stolen technology. I am quite certain, however, that a man of your talents will have no issue with these."

"Think of all the people we could help with this technology!" shouted the mayor. "Have you no heart?"

The roar of a helicopter could be heard. A ladder dropped down before one of the shattered windows.

A compassionate smile briefly graced Symmetra's elegant visage. "I am well aware. However, you must go through the proper channels to acquire this technology. If we all do as we please, then there is no harmony within the world and we find ourselves submerged in chaos."

The massive mayor grumbled and spat on the ground. "You disgust me."

"Interesting," dismissed Symmetra, glancing at the bound and gagged Ashe being carried up into the chopper by an agent.

When the ladder dropped back down, Symmetra followed, being hoisted onto the aircraft.

The architect climbed into the helicopter, sitting next to the bound Ashe who had a silver briefcase on her lap.

When the small aircraft departed, Symmetra cut the ropes that restrained the outlaw and removed her gag.

Ashe chuckled as she rubbed her wrists, not even glancing once at the treasure on her knees. "I've got the only treasure I really need here," she thought with a glance towards Symmetra, though she dared not voice the overwhelmingly cheesy thought. "I would prefer if you tied me up next time, sweetlin'," Ashe said with that cocksure grin of hers.

"We'll see." Symmetra placed her hand upon Ashe's, squeezing it gently. "You did well today, Elizabeth," she complimented. "I don't suppose you and your gang are looking for gainful employment, are you? The Vishkar Corporation is always on the lookout for promising new hires. It could allow us to get to know each ot-"

"What do you think?" a smirking Ashe replied, flipping her palm upward so that her fingers interlocked with Symmetra's, squeezing the architect's hand back. "I'd deal with any amount of corporate bullshit for you, Satya."

They exchanged a smile.