A New Perspective Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bella cleared her throat, getting my attention. "I've been wanting to ask you something, baby girl." She said, glancing over at me. "The first day this happened, you were absolutely freaking out about being a girl. You fought it every step of the way, which I can't blame you for. So what happened?"

"What happened with...?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

"It's almost as if you're completely comfortable in your skin now. I mean, that's kind of odd, isn't it?"

I sat back, biting my lip in thought. "It's not that I'm completely comfortable in my own skin, per say. It's just...fuck, how do I say this?"

I took a moment to get my thoughts in line before continuing. "After that dream the other morning, something changed for me. Mentally, I mean. It's not that I like being a girl now, or that all that male shit is gone. But it was like it was split in two. That male side still exists, but he's so full of rage an anger that I just keep away from it. Add in the fact that I'm starting to realize how fucking in the wrong I was throughout my ENTIRE life, and you could say my mental status has changed a bit. I'm starting to see why this could be a good thing, you know?

"It gives me a chance to somewhat right my wrongs. I mean, trust me. There is still a massive part of me that is completely convinced that I didn't do anything wrong. I've had more than a few thoughts of just bailing out of the car and booking it. Sometimes the itch is so strong I have to hold on to something to keep myself from doing it."

"So why haven't you done it yet?" She asked softly as we pulled into a parking space.

"Because it wouldn't do me any good, for starters." I said, turning in my seat towards her. "And because...well, I guess another part of me wants to see this through. It may be a fresh start to life, you know? I don't know."

I sighed, blowing my bangs out of my eyes. Bella reached over and grabbed my hand gently.

"Thank you for telling me all of that, Faith." she said, giving me a small smile. "And thank you for being honest with me."

I shrugged, a bit uncomfortable now. "It's nothing. Can we go get this done now?"

She nodded, and we both got out of the car. I gasped at the pure hot air that slapped me in the face, but luckily Bella had found a spot close to the building, so it wasn't that far of a hike.

As we entered the building, I was surprised to see how empty it was inside. Normally these sorts of places, the ones that do licenses and whatnot, were bustling with activity. Not this one. It was as quiet as a crypt, save the jazz music that was softly playing through the overhead speakers.

We made our way to the counter, where a kindly old woman was tapping away at a computer. Pulling her glasses down a bit, she studied the both of us as we approached the counter.

"What can I help you ladies with this afternoon?" She asked in a light british accent.

"Uh...the coven sent us, ma'am." Bella said, laying the medallion on the counter. "We're here to update some information for the both of us."

"Ah yes, the new recruits." The woman said, smoothly pocketing the medallion. "If you could fill these out for me, I shall get the process started for you. Please make sure you have both a first and middle name picked out. If you wish to, we can change your last name as well. Also, we have an address already picked out for the both of you, so no need to fret about that."

After we had gotten the paperwork, we both sat down and proceeded to do the dull task of indeed filling it all out. It felt so weird writing Faith down, but it was even weirder to think of a middle name. Callum was a name I wanted to keep, but finding that middle ground was proving difficult. After a few moments of inner debate, I wrote down my choice.

I also caught myself instinctively checking "M" on the form, and winced when I realized that I had to mark "F". 'So much for pride.' I thought to myself. After that, it was just a few more forms to fill out before taking it back up to the counter.

After taking both of our pictures, the older woman had the both of us wait for about 30 minutes while she got things organized. After calling us up to the counter, she handed us each a small packet of paperwork.

"Inside you'll each find your new ID's, along with social security cards and birth certificates. There is also a credit card from the coven with each of your names on it. The card limit is up to the coven, as I'm just in charge of making you exist within the system. As you've both been listed as deceased in your male forms, this makes it a bit easier. Your birthdays are listed as the day you changed, so happy belated birthday!"

With that, we both made our way back out to the car. After getting in and cranking up the A/C, we both took a few moments to look over our paperwork.

It felt so fucking weird looking at my ID. I still haven't gotten used to how I looked, so it took a moment to register the pretty redhead on the license as myself, not to mention the name and gender marker.

"I guess this is it." I whispered, slipping my ID into my wallet. Glancing over at Bella, I saw that she was beaming literal sunshine.

"I never thought I'd get this chance." She said, unable to take her eyes off of her license. "I never, EVER thought I'd not only have my name on my ID, but look pretty while I'm at it. I'm so happy right now!"

She then proceeded to do a little squeal dance which absolutely melted my heart before putting the car into gear.

"Alright, let's go through the checklist." She said as we pulled into traffic. "Got some funeral attire for you."

"Before fucking my brains out? Check!" I said with enthusiasm, and she laughed.

"Yes, that too. Paperwork, new ID's, all that jazz? Check! Not bad for a girls day out, huh? Now let's go back to the coven and get some grub. I'm famished!"

The sun was setting by the time we were on our way back, and it lit up the city like a warm fire. As we drove home, I couldn't help but wonder how this was all going to go. My own funeral, you know? Who could say those exact words and not be called crazy? I was also super nervous about seeing people I knew there. Logically I knew that they would have no idea who I was other than Brents sister, but it still made me absolutely paranoid that someone would somehow put two and two together and call me out.

I know, I know. Need to calm my brain down. Still, could be worse, right? I mean, at least I wasn't attending the funeral of a friend or something.

12