A New Tradition

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, I got that out of the way. Now, as to why I haven't called you back..."

"Don't worry about it, Tabitha."

"No, you're a good guy, Jake. You deserve to know." Tabitha leaned away from him. "So, first of all, the woman I became in the SUV scared me. Don't get me wrong, the sex was incredible, Jake."

"The best I've had." Jake's tone was a little sullen. He could feel where this conversation was going.

"I must be better for Clementine. I panicked the next night, Jake. I was falling asleep, and all I could think about was what would happen if you weren't clean and I caught something. COVID might have killed my mother, but it was because of comorbidities from an STI. I couldn't pick up the phone and call you as it frightened me."

"Okay, I get that. I'm clean." Jake stated but didn't think that was helpful.

"Well, the more time I took thinking, the more I realized I don't have time to date, Jake. Clementine is going to monopolize the tiny bit of free time I have while I'm getting my doctorate. You're a great guy. It wouldn't be fair. I think..." Tabitha shook her head and looked away.

"I think we shared one magical night together, and that needs to be it, Jake. Get back out there and find the woman you need and deserve."

"But..." Jake tried to argue his point but couldn't find the right words.

"It wouldn't be fair to you, Jake. I'm... I'm going to go take care of the flowers. After I touch up my makeup." Tabitha let go of his hand and walked out of the kitchen.

Why did she need to tell me her whole story just to break it off. It confused him. Jake sat in the kitchen for a minute before getting back to work. I guess it's better to end it now if she's just going to find someone better than me instead. His brain leaned on the wound from his last breakup.

Tabitha -- At the reception after the wedding.

Breaking it off with Jake hurt. He was exactly the type of guy she would want if she had time for it. Tabitha had been honest when she told him she didn't have time. Jake would make someone else very happy. She was distraught that it couldn't be her; it wasn't how her life worked out.

Rissa and Natalie's wedding was incredible. They looked euphoric, standing in front of the altar and pledging their lives to each other. Nat looked fantastic with bright red hair; she had dyed her long and styled locks since class last week. Rissa had cut her blond mop shorter, and it looked phenomenal, wreathing her face.

The ceremony was quick and breezy. It was how Tabitha had always pictured her wedding. That's not in the cards for you. She admonished herself as she started to dream of the blessed event involving her. No one wants a cheater's daughter. An all too common thought gnawed into her brain; she knew it was a treacherous lie, but it didn't stop the feeling from bubbling up again.

Wedding photos didn't take long, and the beautiful brides joined in the receiving line when the doors to the annex were opened. Tabitha waited in line to greet her two friends and congratulate them on holy matrimony.

"Tabi!" Natalie was thrilled to see her. While Clarissa was the bubbly social butterfly that found friends wherever she went, Nat had fewer and closer relationships.

"Congratulations. The Ceremony was gorgeous."

"Thank you! The flowers in here look incredible; you have my gratitude for stepping up at the last minute. Where's Clem? We have a children's area."

"She's at daycare for another hour, and her babysitter will watch her overnight. It's easier to keep her on a schedule during the school week."

"That's too bad. I wanted to hear her opinion on our dresses." Clarissa turned into the conversation.

"When you return from Mexico, we can show her the pictures, and I'm sure she'll have an opinion." Tabi smiled.

"Have you talked to Jake? Doesn't he look great in his suit?" Ris questioned.

"He does, but I don't have time to date. I let him down easy before he got his heart broken later." Tabitha looked down at her shoes.

"That's too bad. You two were cute together." Rissa looked crestfallen for a moment.

"Don't give up on it because you don't have time, Tabi. You'll never have time to find someone if you don't try." Nat patted Tabitha's shoulder.

"It's just not fair to him." Tabi turned to leave the brides and found a seat in the semicircle of tables arranged around an open dance floor. Music played quietly through the speakers. The sound was present but didn't overtake the murmur of people talking and laughing.

A delicious meal was served by caterers. A pair of cards on the table could be flipped to signal which dish an attendee wished to have. They had filled out that information on the RSVP, but since the seating wasn't assigned, they needed a way to quickly find where each dish was heading. The grilled salmon was incredible, but the vegetarian and chicken dish that were alternatives looked and smelled divine.

Soon the cake was cut, and the music was turned up. After the brides' first dance, the floor was opened for the rest of the revelers. Tabitha looked at her watch and thought about sneaking out and heading home. The sitter was scheduled to stay overnight, but she could go home and relieve her. She was thrilled for Natalie and Clarissa, but this seemed like something she would never get for herself.

"Excuse me, Tabitha. Would you like to dance?" Jake held out a hand to help her to her feet. Tabi hesitated. "Just one dance, and I'll leave you alone."

"Fine, one dance." Tabitha felt her façade melting. She really did like Jake, but there was no way she was enough for the man. It's better to end it now than have him abandon you later, or worse. Clementine needs stability.

Jake took her out to the floor, and they twirled to the music. The man could dance better than her. It was a pleasant surprise. Maybe the heels she wasn't accustomed to slowed her down, but that didn't take away from Jake's dancing prowess. He spun her around effortlessly; there was even a giggle or two as they danced. There was no question that Jake was fun to be around; his dancing reinforced his good feelings.

"Listen, I've been thinking all day," Jake whispered just over the sound of the music. "I don't care if you don't have time. We're good together, Tabi."

"That's not the problem, Jake." Tabitha leaned into his shoulder and murmured back.

"If you only have time once a month to see me, that's good enough. You want me to move on, but I can't without taking a shot. An occasional dose of Tabitha is infinitely preferable to never seeing you again." Jake smiled, and then they danced again for a moment.

Tabitha was torn. She had already mourned for a relationship that didn't have much of a chance due to her hectic schedule. There's no way he actually thinks I'm worth that much. Her nagging, lifelong feelings of inadequacy flared to life in her brain again. "Clem comes first, always."

"I would sure as hell hope so, Tabi. I wouldn't be as attracted to you if she didn't. You being an awesome mother is another piece of the perfection of Tabitha Bryne."

"I'm not perfect, Jake. Don't put me on a pedestal I don't deserve."

"Tabitha, you're beautiful, so smart, and are easily the strongest woman I have ever met. You deserve the pedestal." Jake stopped dancing and stared into her eyes.

They were kissing in the middle of the dance floor in a flash, on full display. The magic was still there on his lips. "Jake..."

"I'm not going to beg, Tabitha. I'll take my shot, however, so I don't regret what might have been. Our first kiss was the thing I can't get out of my mind. I was months away from getting married, and our kisses never felt like that. If you want to give it another try, you have my number. If not, I hope you'll at least let Clem play with Sandy at the dog park. I don't have to be there, but my pup loves Clementine and Chester." Jake let go of her and turned away back to his table.

"I..." She hesitated. Tabi didn't want him to leave, but what she could offer wasn't fair for what Jake deserved.

"Thank you for the dance, Tabitha. Thank you for everything. I don't mean that flippantly. Even if this is how it ends for us, it was worth it." Jake squeezed her hand before he walked out of her life.

Tabitha wandered off the dance floor and back to her seat. That really was some kiss. She had been slightly worried that the kiss a couple of weeks ago was a product of the moment. Even if she had been trying to turn off her feelings for the handsome man, another dose of those lips abated all those forced protections. A quick glance at her phone gave her something to do while she contemplated what Jake had said.

"That was some kiss, Tabi. I thought you said it was over." Natalie came over and took the open seat beside Tabitha. Her bride stood beside her.

"It has to be. I don't have the time. It's just not the right moment to start dating someone."

"That kiss didn't look like an 'I have no feelings' type of kiss." Nat leaned in quietly.

"Shouldn't you two be out there dancing?" Tabitha tried to dissuade continued conversation.

"I'm about to have a week on the beach with Rissa. I can spare a couple minutes. I can't be too greedy."

"It's not the right time to take a risk."

"Is it ever? Who knows where I would be now if I hadn't taken a gamble when I did." Rissa jumped into the conversation. "Do you like him?"

"Yes."

"Maybe that's all that matters. A date isn't forever, Tabi. What if that kiss was the start of something extraordinary?" Natalie smiled.

"As soon as we get back, more free babysitting."

"Take a risk, Tabitha. Prior experience doesn't guarantee something bad is going to happen. Not a single relationship worked out for me before Ris. Those previous relationships didn't work out for a reason. If they had caused me to turn off my feelings..." Natalie let out a heavy sigh as if glimpsing a different path for herself without Clarissa. "She may have been the one to offer the first time, but if I hadn't taken a chance, I would have missed all this." Nat motioned toward the crowd reveling in the annex.

"Have some fun when you can, Tabi. It'll be back to work next week." The week off in the doctorate program was to make up for the two weeks' head start of the semester.

"I'll think about it; you two go have fun. Congratulations again." Tabitha shooed them away, so they didn't waste more time on her at their wedding.

Tabitha didn't stew in her thoughts long. She had only known Jake for a month and a half, but the man had acquitted himself well with her, her friends, and most importantly, Clem. If she was going to date anyone, they had to do more than just accept that her daughter was a part of her life. They had to understand that Clementine took precedence, always.

Jake had also been able to stoke a flame in her heart that she thought tragedies had extinguished. For the last three and a half years, there had only been space in her heart for Clementine. Take a chance, Tabi! She could practically hear Sabrina's voice yelling in her head. Her sister would have wanted Tabitha to keep trying, even if it didn't work out. Sabrina never regretted her time with Clem's dad, even when she knew how it ended. She had been capable of keeping Tab safe when she needed it, but she could also be the swift kick to her ass when Tabitha couldn't decide.

Maybe he's not lying to me. I would be happier with him than without him. Tabitha opened her messaging app and scrolled to her conversation with Jake. The last text he had sent read, 'It's okay, Tabi. I know you're busy, but I'm here whenever you need me.'

'No guarantees, but if you could be happy with tiny bursts of my free time, why don't we try?' Tabitha texted him. She couldn't help glancing over to his table as discreetly as she could. Jake's whole face lit up as he looked at his watch.

'That would be fantastic, Tabi.' He was smiling as he tapped back to her on his phone. Jake's eyes met hers, and the infectious smile spread to her instantly.

'How about now? Clem has an overnight sitter. Take me home, Jake.' Tabitha tapped out and then stared back at him with an arched eyebrow.

Jake didn't bother tapping back. He stood and made a show of stretching and straightening his suit before he calmly but quickly walked across the reception. The man offered her a hand to help her up. As soon as she got to her feet, she landed a perfect sneak attack, grabbing his tie and pulling him down an inch to meet her lips. The heels had them nearly at the same height, so the tie grab wasn't as necessary. It was just fun.

The energy cascade through her from the press of his lips to hers, and Jake pulled her close. When Tabi managed to pull away from the kiss, Nat and Rissa noticed and gave her a performative golf clap.

"One more dance or home, Tabi?"

"There'll be plenty of time for dancing later, but an overnight babysitter is something to take advantage of." Tabitha gripped his arm to lead him out of the reception. "I rode in with the florists. You don't mind driving, do you?"

"Not at all. I think Rissa and Natalie may have been plotting to get us back together."

"A last-minute need for a floral assistant and an usher that just happened to need to help set up the reception is a little suspicious." As Jake opened his car door for her, Tabitha couldn't help a little chortle. "Remind me to send her a fruit basket when they return from their honeymoon."

"I'd throw in for one." Jake smiled and collected one more kiss from her as Tabitha took a seat.

Jake -- A little later

Getting in from the car into his bedroom had been a surprisingly arduous journey, filled with insistent make-out sessions and heavy petting. Once Tabitha decided, the amazing young woman was all in. They had almost tripped over Sandy and a few of her toys on the way in. His pup was pleased to see Tabitha again. Her whole butt wiggled along with the tiny nub of a tail.

"Why don't you let her out and meet me in the bedroom." Tabitha giggled after she gave Sandy a pat. "Lose the suit, though." She swayed her perfect ass as she slunk off to the main suite; it looked unbelievable in her tight dress.

Jake was happy that he had spent the last weekend cleaning house instead of starting a new project. He had even made the bed this morning. Sandy wanted to follow the beauty, but a treat bribe got her to sprint out into the backyard. He checked to ensure she had water and a warm place in the screened-in porch she could get to through a doggy door to the backyard. "It might be a while, Sandy." Jake grinned and went to his bedroom.

After hanging up his suit, Jake dimmed the lights, lit some candles, and awaited Tabitha's entrance. When Tabi didn't immediately make an appearance, he quickly did a few pushups and sit-ups. The brief exercise probably didn't do anything to make him look any better, but Jake always felt more confident about himself after. He sprawled on the bed in only his boxer briefs, propped up on the pillows to await the woman he was falling for. He hadn't been exaggerating when he told Tabitha that their kiss felt different. It was better and more than lust; Jake had enough experience in the game to know the difference by now.

"Ready for me?" Tabitha poked her head out of the bathroom, conspicuously hiding her body out of view. She wore the grin of a predator assessing her prey.

"I think so." Jake smiled. His heart was positively racing.

"I assure you, you're not." Tabi was exhibiting a confidence that he had only seen turned up that high once in the SUV a couple of weeks ago. The brilliant young woman had never been meek, but this was extraordinary. She stepped into the room in her electric pair of high heels.

The pair of ruby heels were the only thing that Tabitha was wearing. The woman was correct; he wasn't ready for the tidal wave of beauty rushing into his bedroom. Tabi was tall and slender with smooth, lightly toasted skin. Her breasts stood proudly from her chest, perky and more prominent than they had seemed when corralled by a bra. Her nipples were small and pointed, with peaks at each swell's crest. They were dark brown in color. Her stomach was flat, and surprisingly had a small diamond pendant hanging over her belly button.

The diamond stud matched the necklace and earrings that he had been able to see in her stunning dress earlier. Tabi's hips gave her a touch of curviness on her slender form. In another revelation, her pussy was cleanly waxed. Her perfect brown skin made her long legs seem even more expansive.

"Holy shit..." Dribbled out of his gaped mouth. "You're so amazing, Tabitha." Jake finally managed to say as he kept drinking her in.

"I knew you weren't ready." Tabi crawled onto the bed and atop Jake.

"I like confident Tabi." Jake smiled between a barrage of kisses. Her body belonged pressed against him.

"That version of me hasn't been around as much lately. You seem to bring her out." Tabi kissed down his body. "I don't think you're going to need these tonight." Her hands gripped his briefs and slowly pulled them off. Jake pushed his butt off the foam mattress to aid her in stripping him.

Jake didn't think it would be possible to be more physically excited than he was. Tabi smoothed her hair over her shoulders so he could get a perfect view of what she was doing. Her tongue ran around her pink-tinted lips before she grabbed his cock and sucked slowly into her mouth. Burning brown eyes never left him as more and more of his cock disappeared into her mouth.

Tabitha was determined but not necessarily equipped to take his full length or girth. She only made it about halfway down the cock before backing off. Saliva coated his shaft as her tongue swirled around the sensitive and straining head.

"I usually like to come out in my best lingerie." Tabitha looked up with a smoldering gaze. One hand slowly wanked his shaft.

"Oh? Why not for me?" Jake had a feeling that she needed him to inquire more.

"I wasn't wearing any panties, and going bottomless seemed odd." Tabitha Smiled and then sank down his cock again. Her fiery gaze held his eyes.

"I didn't think I saw any panty lines," Jake said in a pleasure-induced sigh.

"That dress showed lines even in my littlest g-string." Tabitha quipped as she continued to wank his cock. "Were you checking out my ass again?"

"Every chance I get. That's not going to change anytime soon."

"Try not to be a creepy perv." Tabitha's attempt to admonish him might have worked better without a giggle at the end. "Hmm... I don't think I mind it from you."

"Good. For the record, I think naked is your best lingerie."

"We'll have to test that theory another night." Tabitha waggled an eyebrow.

"That sounds like fun." Jake nodded but tried to look too excited by the weight of a promise of future nights with Tabi. He wanted to stay in the moment. "Do you know hard it would be for me to not check you out? You're the most beautiful woman in my book."

"About this hard?" Tabi smirked proudly. One of her hands pointed at his erection, and the other slowly slid up and down him.

"That seems about right."

Tabitha went back to work on him with her entire focus. More and more of his cock disappeared into her mouth and throat. She did have to break her gaze to concentrate on the blowjob. An agile tongue circled the head and flicked against the tip. It drew a big glob of precum from him over and over.

That added slickness allowed Tabi to sink him further into her throat on subsequent attempts. She held her tongue flat against the bottom of his shaft as she stroked and sucked. Her lips wrapped around his cock as she put her whole body into the action was another indelible stamp in his memory that was already filling up with everything Tabi did.