All Comments on 'A Place Beyond The Horizon Ch. 12'

by SamYork

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

It's weird how much I want Aidan to be done with Rosa. Mara too, but less so. But Rosa is toxic. She was in the last story. She is in this story. She cheats, gets together with Davey, and has the temerity to be upset with Aidan forbsewing a wild oat or two? Because she gets to purposefully destroy their relationship, but he doesn't get to react?

I hope he takes the hint she's giving him. He needs to give up on Rosa, sell the business, ditch Mara, and get his head straight. Avoid romance for a while.

Good story. Engaging. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I think you are really a weird writer because your MC is really a pushover. He has no guts or willpower. His wife cheated and still fucking his best friend and he is still thinking to reconcile and mara she clearly cheats and he is planning to be together with her. What a fucked up story and i have clearly liked your previous stories but sorry i will not read further or wait for your stories. I am done.

oneagainstoneagainstabout 1 year ago

Or it's heartbreak. I'm done with characters who just bounce back like elastic after getting smashed by love, let's have someone flawed, and floored.

ThorlolThorlolabout 1 year ago

Obviously its heartbreak but the dynamic is mindboggling. But I also find the amount of 'victim blaming' weird. Sorry not better word for it. He kinda blames himself for the breakup. And Rosa does too. Dont know how they came to that point. Rosa intentionally cheated on him. That was no test. Or even if it was it still doesnt change what happend. She cheated. And somehow blames Aidan for going away. And now Aidan blames himself, for what? I dont know. I just know that he is heartbroken. And his going with Mara wasnt the best idea. Well, actually it was a good idea but not after they fucked. Too much emotional attachment after that moment. He thinks that there is something. The so called rebound. He really should leave Rosa alone for good. Every action she did for a long time was toxic and just another way to hurt him. Her initial cheating and her getting together with Davey should tell him plenty, he just need to internalize it and get over it. There is a reason why love hurts. He needs distance to Rosa and also some distance to Mara. He should enjoy flying all over the world and meeting interesting people but get over his heartbreak before he starts something new.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 1 year ago

Wow... 5 stars for evoking so much emotion. Sadly, this time it's not a good emotion: I am getting sick of Aiden's inability to move forward. I just want to scream at him: "Aidan, you're wife cheated on you, blamed you and continues to blame you while she is now with some other guy. Put an end to the marriage and move on. Oh, and dump Mara: she is NOT what you need."

Ok, rant over - I see you want a flawed person and it's easy to "wallow in misery," just as Aiden is doing. But any therapist would tell him to move on. Ah well... I DO appreciate that you write so well. Thank you!

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Feel like this story is going nowhere, just going from one heartbreak to another. You have very successfully created no likeable characters and no direction to this story other than endless suffering for Aidan. It is getting old really fast.

RanDog025RanDog025about 1 year ago

Unusual you writing only one page!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful. I hope in Rose

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Mara doesn’t need Adrian’s fitness advice, she says that she “is as good as she’s going to get.” Andrew has a plan for Mara and Mara has a history of acceding to his plan. Adrian is beginning to be on the outside looking in. He should suspect that were it not for Mara’s ambivalence regarding Andrew that he risks being seen as redundant by Mara and disrespected by Andrew. He should realize that his position with everyone is precarious.

SamYorkSamYorkabout 1 year agoAuthor

You are spot on. The question is: what is Aidan going to do about it? Is a relationship with an A-list celebrity ever anything more than just a fantasy?

Beardog325Beardog325about 1 year ago

Rosa needs to go for good. Others have used the word toxic I absolutely agree. I think he should go back to Australia and find Kat.

xhunter4uxhunter4u3 months ago

This has devolved into unreadable for me, as a sort of never ending story that isn't even very interesting anymore.

DreddrasDreddras22 days ago

Looks like Adrian f'd up big time by not taking that domestic flight to Melbourne.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamYork@SamYork
A Place Beyond The Horizon builds to a climax over the next four chapters as they land in Tokyo. If you want a sneak peak of new chapters, I'm publishing on Wattpad first: https://www.wattpad.com/story/334707193-a-place-beyond-the-horizon It was suggested that I try posting o...