A Pretty Prelude to Poison

Story Info
A Gotham student Infatuated with his alluring professor.
8.5k words
4.21
8.1k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Greetings everyone, I hope you all are ok during these abnormal times. This story is slightly different from the others. While still set in the Batman: the animated series universe, the story focuses on our favourite femme fatale, Poison Ivy before she becomes the character, we all know and love. This story is set before her debut in 'Pretty Poison' and focuses on her time as a lecturer at Gotham University.

With that said, please let me know if you are ok, and I hope you enjoy this tale.

This story is based on the Batman animated series universe. This is a fun little fan fiction that is not to be taken seriously. Hope you all enjoy it.

*****

The midday sun shined brightly over Gotham city, as its residents go about their day to day lives. The cries of the newspaper stand's attendant broadcasting the front page story, to the sight of some of the GCPD parking up next to a local diner for their regular coffee and donut snack, to the busy highway with a smartly dressed businessman cursing the drivers in front for not moving fast enough, making him wish he left five minutes earlier, this was the normal sounds of this city.

However, should you travel to the north-eastern section of the city the suburban environment becomes cleaner and posher. With some grass and trees sprinkled around the area to make it more appealing.

It is within this section of Gotham city where it's university stands. Full of young minds seeking knowledge to various skills to help them with whatever career they dream of having.

Along a corridor towards one of the building's lecture halls, a large information board covered a section of its wall with a variety of posters in many different sizes and colours. They ranged from different club activities the university held, promoting musical gigs on the weekend by a group of students who formed a band. And a poster showing a missing person.

The poster explained that a student called Zach Banks, a skinny dark haired young man who always wears his black and yellow Gotham Rogues football cap has been missing for nearly a month, and displayed a phone number for any information on his whereabouts.

A gathering of the university's students was present in the lecture hall to listen to a regular lecturer who visits every month. The subject was on rare plants, to which the students who wanted to learn about agriculture payed good attention as others like the jocks sat there in severe boredom.

There was one however who had an interest in plants but was more interested in the lecturer herself. The student's name was Joshua Jones. A young, slim eighteen-year-old African American with short, light brown hair, and round spectacle adorned his fresh like face.

He sat at his desk in a dream like state. Half listening to the words of his lecturer, and half daydreaming in a smitten trance for the woman he had a huge crush for, Dr Pamela Lilian Isley.

Such a gorgeous woman in Josh's eyes, looking effortlessly beautiful in her classy, yet professional attire. Her hair tied back into a flawless ball as small black rimmed glasses covered her sparkling, emerald green eyes. A pale green, long sleeve shirt adorned her womanly figure with a neat, black tie embroidered with red roses on thorny vines. A black silk skirt hugged her waist and upper thighs which complimented her silk stocking covered legs and black heel shoes.

He doodled a picture in his blank textbook of himself and Pamela under a large oak tree, enjoying a picnic while admiring the flowers decorating the field. A heart was calved onto the trunk of the tree with the letters J and P inside the heart.

Soon his dreams of him and Dr Isley's date were shattered as he snapped back to reality upon hearing the dinner bell go off.

As the students shuffled out of the room in an orderly manner, Dr Isley finished with, "that will be all on the Orchidaceae family of plants. See you all next month". Josh paused briefly as he watched Pamela collect her papers before storing them in her small briefcase, unaware of her admirer transfixed by her alluring beauty. He sighed as his heart felt like it fluttered in his chest.

After having a quick bite to eat from the university's cafeteria, Josh wondered the halls of the building on his own secret mission. Approaching a corner, he peeked around it cautiously so to not be seen. Thirty feet along the hall he saw Dr Isley exit her office before walking in the opposite direction from him to a nearby exit as the clacking of her high heels echoed along the hall.

Seeing his opportunity, Josh made his way to her office before entering it. Once inside he approached Pamela's desk, opening his ruck sack to retrieve a plant pot with a creamy-white flower with glossy, dark-green leaves inside of it. He placed the plant pot onto her desk, then retrieved an envelope addressed to Dr Isley before leaning it against the plant pot.

He looked at the items as he sighed to himself, wishing he had the courage to proclaim his love to her.

"A Gardenias." Said a voice behind Josh, causing him to freeze in shock. His eyes widened as fear gripped his very being. Slowly he turned around to see none other than Dr Pamela Lillian Isley. "A plant native to the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, southern Asia, Australasia and Oceania." She continued. "It belongs to the Rubiaceae family as well as the Plantae kingdom. A mid-spring to mid-summer flower, the Gardenias is said to symbolize purity and sweetness, while also indicating a secret love, conveying to the receiver that 'you are lovely'."

"M... m... m... Miss Isley!" Josh stuttered. "I... I... I can explain! I..." Pamela cut off his stuttering explanation in a stern tone. "Oh, so you can explain why you've sneaked into my office on multiple occasions can you? Last time you left me chocolates, which I will admit I quite enjoyed, then the time before a cuddly toy teddy bear with a heart on its chest with my initials embroidered onto it, and now this?!"

Caught red handed Jones struggled to get the words out he wanted to say as his face grew more redder as he became more flustered.

"Oh, and what is this now?" Enquired Dr Isley as she picked up the envelope next to the plant pot. "P... p... please Miss Isley... Don't!".

"Hush young man!" Pamela commanded as she raised her index finger at him. She then proceeded to open the envelope and read what was inside it.

Like the garden of Eden, your beauty is unmatched.

Any other woman who isn't you does not stand a chance.

A voice like an angel with goddess like features.

More alluring than a Seiren, or any other mystical creature.

With lips as red as a fully bloomed rose.

You are perfect in every way, from your hair to your toes.

My love for you is true, my heart wants no other.

The goddess of the garden, the most beautiful, perfect flower.

Looking up from the love poem written by Josh, Pamela looked at Jones as he stood there in complete embarrassment, his body shaking a little. "Young man!" Dr Isley began. "I may be a bit flattered, however this is still inappropriate! What are you, eighteen years old? I'm ten years your senior!"

Josh's head dropped down, unable to look at his lecturer as she scolded him. "What is your name young man?" She pressed.

"J... J... Josh... Jones, Miss Isley." He finally stuttered. "Well Mr Jones." Pamela continued. "Is this some kind of joke? Did the other boys put you up to this?"

"N... no, no!" Responded Josh. It is all me! And it's... not a joke... I..." "I've heard enough!" Isley scolded, causing Josh's head to drop once again, his body shaking a little more. "This behaviour is unacceptable! I should report this to the principle, or perhaps have a word with your parents! How would you like that?"

His whole body vibrated as he grits his teeth. "I... don't... care." Josh quietly mumbled as a tear ran from his eye. "I'm sorry young man, I didn't quite catch that!" Pamela pressed.

"I... I... I said I don't care!" Blasted Josh. His emotions like a blazing volcano erupting the words he wanted to say. "I love you Miss Isley! You are the most beautiful woman I've ever met! I would walk a thousand miles through scorching deserts for you! Climb the highest mountain for you! Hell, I will even take on criminals like the Joker to protect you! But I will not deny my feelings for you! I love you, and I always will!"

Dr Isley was taken aback by everything Jones said as he dropped his face to his hands and began to cry. She sighed as a small smile began to form across her lips. She felt more flattered, but sorry for the poor young man who had a massive crush on her. Approaching the love-struck student, Pamela embraced him with a comforting hug.

"There, there you silly boy." She ensured. "What am I going to do with you?" Josh began to compose himself, wiping away the tears from his eyes. "Despite how you feel for me young man, it would be unprofessional and inappropriate for me to have a relationship with a student. That would land both of us into serious trouble. I'll still have to speak to the principle about this."

Upon hearing this Josh piped up, "Please Miss Isley! I know I said I don't care, but I want to graduate from here. If the principle and my parents find out, I will be pulled out of this university! I'll be sent to a different school, and I'll never see you, or my friends again!"

Dropping to his knees, Josh pleaded to his lecturer. "Please don't say anything! I promise I will not leave anything else in your office again! I'll do anything you say! Please!"

Rising an intrigued eyebrow, Pamela looked down at Josh. His future at Gotham university was in the palm of her hand. A power which she secretly relished as thoughts on how to tackle this situation went through her mind.

"Hmmm... this is not the correct way to go about this sort of situation." She began. "But I think we can work this out just between us."

Hearing this, Jones looked up at Dr Isley. The dread in his eyes transformed into hope. "R... really?!"

"Yes sweetie. At 7:30pm sharp I want you to meet me at my private botanical garden near my home. It's at 69 Green Street, ok?" Explained Pamela. "Y... y... yes... yes I can, er, I mean I will Miss Isley!" Sputtered Josh in excitement. "I know where that address is!"

"Ok, but under no circumstances you tell anyone about this! Your friends, other teachers, or your parents, understood?" Pamela explained. Josh nodded in acknowledgement before asking, "but why the secrecy Miss Isley?"

"Because young man I don't want people to get the wrong idea about a student visiting his lecturer after school hours if you know what I mean?" Answered Isley. "I understand." Replied Jones as he raised to his feet.

Picking up the Gardenias flower from her desk, Pamela gave a comforting smile at Josh, placing a hand onto his shoulder. "That's a good boy." She softly said. "We'll talk this out over a nice hot cup of herbal tea." Dr Isley added before giving Josh a little peck on his cheek, much to his surprise. Opening the door Pamela turned to Josh before leaving and said, "See you tonight sweetie." Smiling as she exited her office.

Once gone, Josh's jaw felt it could touch the floor when it dropped. He could not believe what had just happened to him. To feel her soft, red lips upon his cheek was a physical joy he never thought he would experience in his life. His shock turned to excitement as it felt like a million butterflies fluttered around inside his stomach. "Oh my god! I... I can't believe this is happening!" Thought Josh in pure amazement.

Leaving Dr Isley's office, he felt light as a feather as he ran down the hall, jumping for joy as he was going to spend an evening with the woman of his dreams.

Over six hours later the city of Gotham would lose its sunlight, converting back to the dark, crime filled metropolis that is familiar to its population. Despite this a young male cycled down the road that was labelled 'Green Street' until he reached his destination.

Dismounting his bicycle, Josh Jones walked it onto the premises of Dr Pamela Lillian Isley, leaning it against a wall next to one of the building's entrances. He removed his helmet before hanging it onto one of the bicycle's handle bars. In preparation, Josh had a hot shower, wearing a smart, yet casual attire so his parents would not be suspicious of their boy going out on a date. As far as they were concerned, he was visiting friends at the local arcades near the city centre and would be back at 9:30pm. He did borrow some of his father's expensive cologne, wanting to smell as good as he could for his evening together with his lecturer.

Upon approaching the large double doors, he pushed the left one, to his surprised it was unlocked and opened with ease. Inside the building there were several lights scattered around the glass ceiling, preventing the area from going into pitch darkness. All around him were various exotic plants, trees, flowers, and other various plant-life, giving the environment a jungle feeling.

"Hello?! Miss Isley?!" Josh called out, to which no reply came. Cautiously he shut the door behind him and proceeded along one of the stone paths which lead deeper into the building. Soon all he could see was various plants and trees surrounding him. Gone was the urban, concreate, glass, and steel jungle of the city.

Josh continued along the stone path until he could hear music in the distance. Following the sound of the music it led him to the centre of the garden where it was quite spacious. Two sofas were positioned towards each other with a glass coffee table placed between them. Behind that was a small open kitchen where a radio playing the music was placed along with two mugs next to a tin saying 'tea' on it. Further right from the sofas was a changing board with a doorway next to it with a large curtain blocking the view of the other side.

Finally, in the middle of them was a large table. Behind it was a wall with newspaper clippings of Gotham's district attorney, Harvey Dent. One of the clippings said, "Ground breaks on 'Dent's' dream." With a picture of him and billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne below the title. Upon closer inspection on top of the table it had a telephone on the corner, along with a plant pot with red flowers standing in the middle.

Josh approached the table to inspect the flowers. They were beautiful pinkish-red roses. He was sure he had seen them somewhere in a book at the university's library on extinct plants. Rising his hand, Jones went to touch the plant, wanting a closer inspection to confirm his suspicions.

"Don't touch that!" Barked an angry voice. Josh jumped in shock before turning to the direction of the voice to see it was Dr Pamela Lilian Isley. Having just recently had a shower she appeared from behind the changing board wearing a soft, green gown.

Taken back Josh stepped away from the rose before Pamela claimed it in her arms like a young child to a mother. "Didn't your parents teach you any manners like knocking the door?!" "B... b... but Miss Isley!" Sputtered Jones. "The only entrance I saw w... was the one near the back of the building. B... b... besides, I did call out to you, but the radio was playing and..."

"Enough!" Dr Isley commanded before taking a deep breath to calm herself. "I'm... sorry, you're right about the radio, I would not have been able to hear you regardless." Easing up a bit, Josh said, "I'm s... s... sorry Miss Isley. I didn't mean to upset you. "That's fine young man just don't touch any of the plants. Last thing I want is you getting a prick, a sting, or even worse from any of my exotic plants." Concerned Pamela as she placed the rose gently back onto the table.

"It's... it's a wild thorny rose!" Exclaimed Josh. "Surprised to hear this Dr Isley replied, "you know what this plant is?" "I do!" Jones confirmed excitedly. "This breed of rose used to be found outside of Gotham city around five years ago. That was before the city had that new penitentiary built. The book stated the roses were wiped out during construction. I cannot believe you have one."

Dr Isley's lips formed an impressed smile as she listened to Josh's accurate explanation of the plant. "However, the book stated that it can be fatally poisonous to any creature that consumes it. Only an antidote made by the same plant can..."

"Ok young man, I've heard enough." Pamela interrupted. "I'll admit, your knowledge of plants has impressed me." Walking to a nearby make up table, Dr Isley opened a draw to collect a bottle of perfume before exposing the front of her neck and upper chest to administer the exquisite cologne to herself. Once finished Pamela left the makeup table and approached the young Jones, who could now smell the exotic, strong, sweet aroma of her perfume.

"Let's have a cup of tea." She charmed at Josh who was now completely smitten. As he sat on one of the black, leather sofas, Dr Isley turned off the radio before boiling some water, then putting an herbal tea bag into each cup. The water did not take long to boil in the electric kettle as Pamela asked, "would you like sugar with yours?" "Yes please." Jones politely replied. Once both cups were made, she made her way to the sofas, handing the young man his cup of tea. "Thank you, Miss Isley." Josh smiled nervously. His lecturer sat opposite him, taking a sip of her tea.

"Tell me Josh, did you tell anyone about meeting me tonight?" "N... n... no way!" Jones answered honestly. "I didn't tell anyone like you requested." "That's a good boy." She smiled bewitchingly as she took another sip of tea. Her eyes fixed on her guest causing him to blush nervously.

Looking around him, Josh could only see the vast plant life surrounding both him and his lecturer. All around him was like a greatly dense jungle where anyone could get lost forever.

The silence became awkward for Josh who decided to create a conversation with his hostess. "Your place is very nice Miss Isley. H... how long have you lived here?"

Getting straight to the point, Pamela spoke after another sip of tea. "Look, darling I'm very flattered you find me attractive. But this is just a silly crush that you have on me. I cannot have a relationship with a university student."

"But it isn't a silly schoolboy's crush!" Josh protested. "It's not just your beautiful looks I like. It's your personality, your kindness, your intelligence. You are the whole package!"

"But surely there are girls your age at the university that are just as smart and beautiful as me to ask out?" Pamela enquired. "No Miss Isley. None of them can compare to you." Answered Josh. "My heart belongs to you and you alone."

"Oh, you silly little boy." She sighed. "What are we going to do with you?" After another brief pause Dr Isley added, "your tea will get cold sweetie."

"Oh! Eh, sorry Miss Isley!" Apologized Josh before taking a large swig of the warm, herbal beverage. "Whoa!" He exclaimed. "This this quite strong Miss Isley. But it tastes genuinely nice."

"I'm glad you like it." She charmed. "Now back to the subject at hand darling, what would your parents think if you date a lecturer ten years your senior? I highly doubt they would approve, let alone the people in charge of the university. I could lose my position there you understand?"

"I... I guess you have a point." Sighed Josh as his head dropped down. "But Miss Isley, I... I just can't hide my feelings for you!" Pamela watched on, paying close attention to the young Jones. "You see Miss Isley, there's no one like you! You make my heart sings songs of love, my body feel light as a feather, you make my head..." he paused briefly, his pupils got a little smaller as Josh's speech became a little slower.

"My... my... my head... spin?" Resting her mug of tea onto the coffee table, Pamela rose from her sofa, an alluring smile formed across her lips. "What's wrong sweetie?" She cooed in a motherly manner. "My... my head... I feel... warm all of a sudden?!" Replied Josh, his head becoming light as his body temperature increased.