All Comments on 'A Priestess of Isis Ch. 02'

by MissPrim

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

I don't normally read stories in this genre but the title intrigued me. I have to say I like this story very much and can't wait for the next chapter. Also, while I'm not a student of the bible or a very religious person, I'm coming to appreciate the struggles this young man is facing. I'm in my 60's now and at the end of my working career. My first career (the military) was my passion and my second career has been about the almighty dollar and I can't wait to retire - I would love to be able to go back in time and relive some of the decisions I've made in life or had someone like "Mary" trying to teach me about pursuing a passion. Again, please keep writing - I believe this is your passion and you are very good at it. I can't wait for the next chapter.

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
Progressing nicely

It's been a while since Chapter 1, so I assume it also will be a while before Chapter 3.

But it's worth the wait.

L

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Dunno

That facebook quote kind of overlooks the money that goes overseas to impoverished nations. Every year the church I attend gets some volunteers to build infrastructure (I helped with a water purifier in Haiti). I don't know if the facebook quote is yours or not, but I've noticed a lot of this kind of overlooking when people of color are receiving the assistance and for whatever reason those same people are always very vague about their own efforts. I assume it must be due to modesty.

The writing itself is great though. Keep it up!

MissPrimMissPrimalmost 9 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for your comments. The story is just gearing up for what I think is some great stuff. I realize that some of the content may be controversial for some, and probably some people are scratching their heads as to why I put this in the Sci-Fi category. That will become more evident in the later chapters.

As to Anon (2) comments about the Facebook quote, I admit I was a little thrown by the reference to people of color. Poverty in the US and across the world knows no color.

From Compassion.com:

Worldwide 600 million children are living in extreme poverty.

The cost of eradicating world poverty is estimated at 1 percent of global income.

Almost half the world — over 3 billion people — live on less than $2.50 a day.

The poorest 40 percent of the world’s population accounts for 5 percent of global income. The richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of world income.

And another little tidbit--21% of America's children (yes, the good 'ol US), one in five children live in poverty. I don't know if that makes you sick, but I'm having trouble choking down my coffee. You can not be free if you are hungry.

In the US most of us live in a bubble, where our middle class lifestyle and values blind us to the realities of almost half the world's population. Most of us, even the poor live as kings and queens compared to the poorest of us who share this shining blue pearl. Anyone who has the luxury to give back even a portion of what God's grace has given to us here in the United States should get on his or her knees and give thanks for the opportunity to do so.

The cost of eradicating poverty for everyone is only 1% of the global income.

How small and mean of us as a species to allow poverty in any form to continue.

luedonluedonalmost 9 years ago
The commentariat and your thanks for the favourable comments

Your stories in Erotic Couplings and Sci-fi and Fantasy attract comments of considerable class and thoughtfulness. That is probably because your stories are themselves very classy and thoughtful.

A challenge for you would be to write a story in Loving Wives. The commentators in that category are much more rabid, wishing death and disease on authors and each other. The challenge would be to get them to comment on the value of the story rather than make judgements about the perceived morality of its characters.

D

BalddudesrockBalddudesrockalmost 9 years ago
As a recovering bible thumper...

(I grew up a church boy) , I have to say , I'm guessing you have been there , yourself.

Well written , so far.

Can't wait for chapter 3

MissPrimMissPrimalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Miss Primm confesses

"(I grew up a church boy) , I have to say , I'm guessing you have been there , yourself."

Miss Primm confesses to be a recovering Catholic, indoctrinated from birth through thirteen years (including Kindergarten) of Catholic school education to believe in a loving god that will literary fry your soul for doing the things he made your body and mind to do. Oh, and that women were inherently evil because Eve ate the apple from the tree of knowledge. Therefore woman must forever defer to the superiority of the male of the species, who in his wisdom bade God to have Eve take the fall for his own disobedient behavior.

The contradictions alone are enough for years of therapy.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Surely it is time for another chapter?

Your writing is so good, and this story has been so intriguing in the small taste you have given us so far, how long do we have to wait for the next chapter?

L

MissPrimMissPrimover 8 years agoAuthor
Luedon-So sorry

It's always wonderful to have a dedicated fan, so I'm sorry I haven't submitted anything new. Miss Primm's full-time job is writing, and I've been very busy ghostwriting other people's novels. And no, I can't say whose because I'm under contract not to say.

I have a block of 24,000 words to complete this week and if I can get that done, then I'll put out (pun intended) another chapter. It's half written but it does need the other half.

Thank you very much for your support!

Miss Primm

08/09/2015

DmitryDmitryover 8 years ago
You are

the DEVIL. Thank you.

BrighteyesMPBrighteyesMPabout 1 year ago

I grew up a very devout christian. I wanted to be a missionary. I was so shut down sexually. What you have written is extremely hot and hits the mark. Well done, you good and faithful servant

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMissPrim@MissPrim
Annoyingly cheerful in the morning. Thankfully, that wears off by the end of the day. Have no cats, 4 adult children, and no boyfriends. Hmmm, something is not quite right here. Writing is my day job.