A Real Wife

Story Info
From tragedy to divorce. Then he finds the love he was alway.
7.9k words
4.3
56k
69
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Toby_dog
Toby_dog
366 Followers

A Real Wife

A spouse's infidelity is always tragic and destructive. To know that the one doing the cheating, has been doing it for years and does not even care, is even more tragic and disturbing. That spouse, through their cheating, tears at the fabric which holds a family together.

Usually, the situation can sometimes be resolved through counseling. But the trust will always be absent. Even though, that can and is a long, and somewhat painful road to recovery. Which will not always result in the desired results.

When that happens, it usually ends in divorce. Which is the faster, but more expensive solution. When divorce is the final outcome, the one who was cheated on, will find it hard to trust another person, that they are not related to.

Then, afterwards as the healing continues, life will throw you a lifeline. It may come in many ways. It could be staring you straight in the face at times like these, or by throwing a curve ball at you. In either case, all you need to do, is to keep your eye on the ball, and don't miss.

Authors notes:

This story is fictitious. Any similarity to persons living or dead, is purely coincidental.

No one under the age of 18, engaged in any sexual activity. Whether implicitly or explicitly.

No animals were harmed in the writing of this story.

Need to cover all of the bases. We have some real nuts running around lately.

*************

The front door slammed shut. The wedding pictures on the wall nearly fell from the force of the vibrations. My wife and I just had another fight. She is now off to stay with her sister, suitcase in hand.

I needed to lean against the door, to allow my blood pressure to slowly begin to lower. This fighting has been going on now, periodically, for the past 6 years.

Again... as usual, this fight was because I found her stumbling into the house last night, well past midnight. As usual, she smelt of beer and cigarette smoke, as well as,... pot?

Her make-up was smeared and her panties were hanging out of her hand bag. There was a white liquid running down the inside of her thighs. I could also see a large glob of it on her panties.

When I asked her was every thing alright, she drunkenly told me to go fuck myself. I stood there. Shocked at the total disrespect that I was just shown.

Then during the following day, when I answered the phone, a man asked for her. When I said that she was still sleeping, he told me to tell her that he would be at the bar waiting for her. I knew then, that our marriage was truly over.

So much for her continued infidelity towards our marriage. I remembered the weather conditions the day we were married. It must have cast a foreboding shadow over our marriage.

I married Margaret 8 years ago. At the time, I did not know that she had a 12 year old daughter. She was struggling to maintain a roof over their heads. She only had a low paying job working in a diner, that I frequented. We dated for a few months, fell in love and married. Now, I wonder if she ever really did love me.

*******

Margaret and I walked out of the little chapel next to the court house, only to be met by the cold and windy winter afternoon. It was a Thursday and school had just let out earlier that day, just before noon, for the Christmas break. A little girl, she called Carrie, was dressed in a very pretty white dress. She served as our ring bearer and flower girl.

Margaret's sister, Clare, had Carrie living with her and her husband, Tom. Carrie cried when we started to walkaway. It broke my heart to see the little girl cry. So, I walked back over to her, bent down, and told her that everything will be alright, and that she will see her aunt in just a few days.

She hugged my neck real tight and I kissed her cheek. "I love my mommy." I teared up. "I love her too." It would not dawn on me until much later, as to what she really meant.

Margaret and I only left the bed to receive room service and use the bathroom. Then eventually only to leave to return back home. I felt that this weekend was the beginning of the life that I had longed wished for. That I had finally found the woman, to fill the hole left from my wife's death, that I had been looking for.

Life was great after we returned back home. I now had the loving wife that I had longed dreamed of at home. As well as, the possibility of children that will call me daddy. Which I hoped, we will soon to start that large family that I so longed for. Which I had also hoped included the son that I had always wanted. Little did I know that it would all turn into a nightmare.

***************

My now 20 year old step-daughter Carrie, came up to me and put her arms around my shoulders. "Why daddy,...do you put up with her shit?" She was crying. "She is nothing but a cheating whore." Carrie had just celebrated her birthday the day before. She also just recently finished the first half of her Junior year in college.

I held her for a few minutes, letting her cry. Her tears were becoming visible on my shirt. When she picked her head up, her eyes were red and puffy. She used my shirt to wipe her nose as she sniffled. I thanked her.

"I have to tell you...something that is going to hurt...a lot." Her sniffles turned into body shaking sobs. "...That bitch of a whore has been...cheating on you...for years." Her crying turned into out right balling. "She would come over to Aunt Clare's, change clothes, and go out to meet up with a man at the bar."

I held onto her as I sat down on the couch, letting her cry it out. I then picked up her petite frame, putting her onto my lap. I wrapped her up into my strong arms and just let her cry it out. Just like I did when she was a child after she hurt herself when she fell off of her bike.

Just like when Aunt Clare first allowed her to start riding her new bike that one year at our July 4th BBQ. Carrie was 13. She feel off after hitting a curb, she was crying so much that her tears soaked my shirt. It was then that I learned that Carrie was really Margaret's daughter.

After she had settled somewhat, I told her that I knew. "Carrie, I have known of your mother's infidelity for some time now." I started to become emotional and tear up myself. "That is what this

latest fight was all about." I paused briefly to reflect on our past. "I have tried for years to get her to stop." My tears were flowing as well.

It took me a few minutes before I was able to speak again. "I told her this morning that I was tired of being her cockold, and have already contacted a divorce attorney. That is why she left."

Carrie leaned back and wiped a tear from my cheek. She just laughed and said good. Carrie needed to wipe her own tears several more times. She then said that it was about fucking time. I told her to watch her language.

"Your mother said that the only reason she married me, was for me to eventually take care of you." I pulled Carrie tighter against me. "That she needed a roof over her head, so she could go out and do her whoring without a fucking kid hanging onto her coattail."

"Did my own mother hate me that much?" The tears started to flow again. "It is not my fault! I am not the one who opened my legs and got pregnant!"

A giant sob wracked my body. "Those were her exact words." I hugged Carrie to let her know that she is loved by me. "For the life of me...I can not understand why she hates you so much." I said between sobs.

From the first moment that I met them, Carrie struck me as this beautiful little girl, who only wanted to be happy and bring joy to others. Her smile would light up a room, as well as, your heart. Why would anyone want to live apart from such a lovely little girl, such as Carrie. I could not fathom ever living like that with any child I would ever have. It would break my heart.

Carrie had her head nuzzled into my neck, with her arms wrapped around me as well. "Daddy, what...will happen now?" Her voice muffled by my neck. A shiver of joy ran through me, any time she called me that. Why she does, I know not why. Although, I am the only real father she has ever known.

"The lawyer has hired...an investigator to follow them and obtain definitive proof....This state does no go on hearsay." We both sniffled at the same time. "Then I will file officially for a divorce. I am making sure that your mother gets nothing." My voice was cracking from the emotion due to this whole sordid situation.

"Good!...That bitch deserves nothing." She said rather forcefully through her tears. I could hear the hate for her mother in Carrie's voice.

To explain that display of hatred occurred when Carrie was 15. Carrie and Clare were over at my place. I was tutoring Carrie with one of her math classes.

Margaret and Clare decided to have a few cocktails. Within the span of only a couple of hours...both women were drunk.

Suddenly, Carrie needed to be taken to the doctor's. She was having some female issues. I tried to awaken either Margaret or Clare, but neither one would respond. So Carrie and I left. At the hospital, with me present, Carrie had to explain her problems to the doctor, in front of people who were not her mother and father.

The reason why her mother did not respond, is very simple. Her real mother was passed out drunk, in bed upstairs. She could not even be bothered to make sure that her daughter was properly taken care of. I believe since that day, Carrie considered me her real parent. Her mother was then relegated persona non grata.

"I have tried for the past 6 years to allow her to stop. She has refused every attempt that I have put forth." My anger began to take over. "Enough is enough!" I gave Carrie a hug, as my anger boiled over. I thought that at least I still had my little girl.

"That's not what I meant earlier... Since we are not related,... do you want me to leave and drop

out of school?" She raised her head, tears were flowing freely.

"No, baby." I tried to wipe her tears away. "Your mother is the one who destroyed this family. I will not, nor could not,... take it out on you." I leaned back to look into her eyes. I saw the fear that I would reject her as well.

"Besides, your education is very important. I could never take that away from you." I kissed her tenderly on her cheek. She hiccuped from crying so hard. "Besides, you are only attending school here in town." I pulled her back into me and hugged her tighter. "We are very fortunate that this university also has a law school."

"Besides, I will not throw you out because of your mother. You still, and always will, have a place here to live." I kissed her forehead. "I can't fathom losing you as well. Also, I will still continue to pay for your education." I tried to put on a brave face.

We sat there consoling each other for a little while longer, not talking. Eventually, I could hear the contented sigh she use to do when I held her when she was a little girl. Then my stomach reminded me that I had not eaten all day.

"Hey, what's for dinner?...I'm hungry." I gently pushed her off of me. She didn't weigh much, but I needed to end this crying session. I also needed to change the mood.

"Yes, master. I will have your royal dinner presently." I attempted to swat her ass, but she was too quick. I will definitely miss her smart wit and our little bantering when she does finally move away. The thought came to me that the man she marries, will have been gifted a real prize.

As I sat there, my thoughts went back to when Carrie first came to live with us. When she turned 18, before graduating from high school, Carrie moved out of 'Aunt Clare's' house and moved in here. She wanted to connect with her birth mother. A person she knew very little about. Also, she wanted to be closer to the college she will be attending in the fall.

What she found, was a profound disappointment in a mother. She found a drunk, cheating whore who did not care for a clean house. As her mother slept her drunk off, Carrie took to taking care of the house. This was on top of doing her school work.

I also thought back as to the reason why the soon-to-be ex-wife was not going to get anything.

**********

I started mowing lawns after school, and during the summer, when I was a 16 year old teenager. I did so well, that my parents, after I turned 18, and had graduated high school, put the money up for me to buy my first truck and start my own formal business.

When possible, while I was still in high school on Saturday's, I took classes through the county agricultural department on everything to do with lawns and gardens. Then, after graduating high school, I attended the technical college and graduated with a degree in horticulture.

Within 2 years, I had 5 people working for me. Two years later, I was up to 8 people, with some 20 clients. By the time I was 27, I was needing to refuse inquiries to take on any new clients. I already had 15 employees and some 35 clients.

Then, at the age of 19, during my second year while I was in college, I married my high school sweet heart. But tragedy struck before our first anniversary. A drunk driver ran head on into Lisa, while she was going to the store. She was told earlier that day that she was pregnant with our first child. Then, some years later, I met Margaret.

I now own a lawn and landscaping service company, that employs 5 crews, of 6 men each, servicing over 100 high end clients. We mow their lawns, and take care of their gardens. These are properties that may encompass 2 or more acres. A few are the more formal gardens. My guys work 6 days a week during the peak season.

My clients also include several of the home builders in the area. We do all of the landscaping for their new homes. We can usually do a full tract of upwards of 50 to 75 of the mid cost homes in a few days. Weather permitting of course. For this, I have another crew of 5, that just does the new homes.

I have also just recently obtained the contracts to do landscaping for a few of the various malls in the area, as well. I will need to hire for that, then have that crew assist with the new homes when needed.

The majority of my lawn and garden crew, are seasonal. All of my foremen, and a few of the regular crew are full timers. Most of my employees are high school or college kids.

Also, I just recently purchased a company that does parking lots. From sweeping to repaving and relining. This will need to be a separate crew under a separate company. I will fold that into the mall business.� � � � � � � � � � � � � This rounded out my complete business plan to be a full service landscaping provider.

During the winter months, some of my full time people stay on and do snow removal for another 50 clients. That includes the majority of businesses in the city and the surrounding area. Each of my trucks can be equipped with snow plows, plus I have 2 additional pick up trucks that are equipped as well.� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � �

I was able to accomplish most of that before the age of 35. Which was mostly done during the time of her whoring. So there was going to be no way in hell that I would allow that bitch to have any part of this. That is why finding proof of her infidelity was so important. So that my soon to be ex, gets nothing.

**********

I spent most days totally engrossing myself in work. The busier I was, the less I dwelled on this situation. It took several months to have everything play out.

Then the day came to end this travesty of a marriage. The investigator for my lawyer did a fantastic job. It showed when we went to trial. The ex was contesting that it was my fault that she did what she did, due to emotional distress on my part.

She said, under oath that she did not have more children, because of the fear of being abused physically and emotionally again. Also, she sort additional bed partners due to being sick mentally.

Through Margaret's own testimony, thanks to her dumb lawyer, she opened the door that allowed my attorney to present her medical history. We could not believe our luck. Her attorney objected. The judge denied the objection, sighting her own testimony.

The judge then accepted that, when my lawyer put that into evidence, without violating HIPPA, the ex's medical report showing when the surgery, to have her tubes tied, was done. The judge rejected her contention of any mental illness.

She also insinuated that I had abused Carrie sexually during the time that she had lived with us. That was blown out of the water immediately. When Carrie quickly stood up and called her a fucking liar. The judge admonished her for language.

Then Carrie testified, against her mother, that she had told her once, that she had her tubes tied right after giving birth to her, because she did not want anymore bastards. Carrie let her mother have it with both barrels.

She said that her mother told her that she just craved the sex with anyone that she could hook up with. Margaret's attorney tried in vain to get Carrie's testimony struck down.

When it was over, I was granted a divorce, without having to make any alimony payments, or giving her any part of the business. Especially since it was well established before we were married.

Although it cost me a decent amount of money, by refusing that the loser pays, I had succeeded.

As we stood in the hallway, I observed Carrie speaking with her mother. At times it looked a little heated. When she rejoined my lawyer and me, I asked her about it. "I saw your mother speak to you. What did she say?" I was just curious to see what had transpired.

"She called me a bitch, a traitor and spit at me." She looked back where her mother had been. "I told her to go to hell, and that she made one huge mistake." She put her arm through mine. "Also, that I was going to take full advantage of it."

We walked arm in arm out to the car as we left the courthouse. Carrie had her head on my shoulder. I was puzzled, somewhat, by the final point of what she had said.

Carrie and I celebrated that night. We went out to dinner, and took a long walk, on the beach, in the moon light. As we walked, she had her arm wrapped in mine. Just like two lovers. She had her head on my shoulder.

After standing back up from picking up a sea shell, she looked at me with that adorable little girl look she has, when she is about to ask a question. "Daddy, can I ask you a personal question?" her hesitancy was apparent.

"Sure, baby. You don't need to be afraid." That look always gets me. "You can ask me any question you like. I have always treated you like an adult." Even during her childhood, I have always treated her like one. I always needed to make sure that she was prepared for the day when she will no longer would be living at home.

"Can I now call you by your first name?" She sounded hopeful. We had stopped walking and she had turned to face me.

"Quite frankly, I am surprised that you have not done that by now. But yes, you can do that." I smiled with the thought of her fully engaging me on a first name basis. I never adopted Carrie. The bitch did not want it. She never said why. That would soon turn out to be a good thing.

"Then Don, why have you not tried to kiss me yet?" Her eyes were now reflecting a love other than one for a father. "You have had to have known that I have been in love with you for sometime now."

I hesitated before I spoke. "Ever since the day that I found out that you were her daughter, it has been my responsibility to make sure that you were protected from harm. Just as if you were my very own biological daughter, I would have done the same.

"I have willingly accepted both of you into my heart and into my life as my family." I gave Carrie a hug and kissed her forehead.

Toby_dog
Toby_dog
366 Followers