All Comments on 'A Rough Weekend'

by exhaustedinNY

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Syl had the crash course in passive aggressiveness from the calculating, manipulating, selfish Cam. Will we be reading more about his next targets? I'm sure he has prospects in mind or he wouldn't have completely burned this "bridge"/

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well, that's a relationship that just ended.

corrytonmancorrytonmanalmost 3 years ago
What a prick

If there is a second part I hope we see Sylvia with someone who actually cares about her, and Cam gets to spend a weekend in jail.

AcaciaBlossomAcaciaBlossomalmost 3 years ago

This is really well-written, but maybe too well-written? I didn't expect to find such an accurate portrayal of emotional abuse and realistic sexual coercion on this site! Very impressive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed your story. I imagine them trying to reconcile one last time. Maybe Sylvia travels to Boston, but Cam’s demands become overbearing again and anal is involved the next time around. Will you continue the story ?

exhaustedinNYexhaustedinNYalmost 3 years agoAuthor

I enjoy reading all the comments, thank you for leaving them. I'm not sure yet whether there will be more about this couple specifically, but it's quite possible that Cameron's type of character will reappear. In my previous story, A Fresh Start, a Cameron type is alluded to - it's the relationship that Tessa in that story left. The way she describes her ex, apologizing for his actions in the beginning and having cited his love for her as the reason for his inability to control himself are directly represented in Cam. I suppose it relates to the "write what you know" trope, which is likely what made this story such an "accurate portrayal of emotional abuse and realistic sexual coercion." I suppose I was going for something slightly different from what I've read in this genre, where the female character enjoys the non-consent. The realism probably makes it a bit uncomfortable and disconcerting to read.

spinypetespinypetealmost 3 years ago

Very well written. I hope there's a sequel where Syl cucks this insufferable douchebag and makes him eat the creampie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A portrait of a victim and an abuser. Depressing but oh so believable.

Something to think about.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userexhaustedinNY@exhaustedinNY
New book out today on Amazon! Check out this hot holiday story: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0BQFVZ5HQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1WSZSMJ643X1E&keywords=jordan+lubov&qid=1671372098&sprefix=jordan+lubov%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-4 For more of my stories, check out my Medium page: https://medium.c...