A Scene at a Banquet Pt. 01

Story Info
Husband nixes an indecent proposal.
826 words
4.08
40.5k
59
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demander
demander
1,493 Followers

A SCENE AT A BANQUET

(This is part one. It's fairly short. The second part is complete. It kind of got away from me.)

Will Baker sat at a table for six, next to a beautiful young woman who wanted him to ask her to dance. The woman, Gina Deal, was much younger that Will's forty-two years. She was truly a stunning beauty, tall, blond, with a grace of movement that was captivating. Will had seen that when she danced with Robert Dawson, the man who'd escorted her to the fete.

Will had been dancing with his wife, Melody - Mel. He and Mel had only just celebrated their twentieth wedding anniversary the month before. Mel was also quite an attractive woman, medium height, slim with flashing eyes. Mel and Will were both good dancers, although likely not so good as Gina Deal. Gina, they'd been informed by Robert, was a pro - dancer, that is.

As Will and Mel moved around the floor, Will sensed a tension in Mel. She'd had some wine and should have been having fun. But she was a tad stiff. That put Will more on edge.

Will and Mel came back to their table just as Robert and Gina also arrived there. The four had some more wine. Well, three did. Will had a full glass but didn't drink it. After a time, Robert asked Mel to dance, and she accepted. Will watched as they moved onto the floor. He did not make the obvious move - asking Gina to dance. Instead, he watched Mel and Robert. He didn't like what he saw. They were plastered to each other, and Robert had both hands low - just short of being a big problem.

This only added to a vibe Will had been getting for some time. Mel was a lawyer, and Robert was an important client of her firm. Of late, Will had been worried about their interactions - lunches, meetings at the end of the day. Now he and Mel were at a banquet to honor Robert for his charitable contributions. And Will was in a watchful mood.

As the music went on, Gina put her hand on Will's forearm. Will looked at her and she at him - a look of inquiry.

Will said, "Gina, you're so attractive, and such a smooth dancer. But, right now, I have other things on my mind. Maybe you can tell me how well you know Robert."

Gina flushed. She said, "He and I are....close. But, he's not someone I'd see as permanent."

"Why? He's rich and handsome."

"He'd never be all mine. I mean, look at him and your wife."

"I have been looking."

"What...I mean, I expect you may get a suggestion from Robert."

"Ah...I see. And you? Will you be willing?"

"I would. Oh, yes, I sure would."

Will was taken aback by her immediate response. Seen objectively, Will was not in Robert's class. He was shorter, and far less striking in appearance. Not bad looking. But Robert was tall, dark and handsome. Not to mention rich. He also had a reputation as a ladies' man.

So, Will looked askance at Gina. He said, "Huh?"

She said, "You...I saw you dancing. I believe that we'd have a fantastic time. A weekend, perhaps."

Will smiled at her. He said, "Not this weekend, Gina."

Just then Robert and Mel returned to the table.

Robert asked, "Will, you and Gina didn't dance. Are you....?"

Will said, "I was interested in watching the two of you." He looked at Robert, and then at Mel. Mel was flushed but said nothing.

Robert said, "Will, Mel and I have been working closely together these last months. I've gotten...well, I'm hoping that she and I can have the weekend together. You and Gina could, as well."

Will stared directly at Robert. He did not look at his wife at all. The stare was not a pleasant one, and it lasted some time. Will had subtly moved to ready himself for quick, direct action. Robert became uncomfortable.

Will said, "No." It was a flat, emotionless statement. It was direct, disrespectful.

Robert paused, unused to such an obvious rejection. He said, "Maybe you should ask Mel."

Will still didn't look at Mel. He replied, "I'm not asking her, Robert. Right now, our marriage is on the edge. She could easily shove it over the cliff with the wrong response. It would be a shame. We have kids in high school."

Robert was now more than annoyed. He'd always gotten his way in these situations. He said, "Well, I'll ask her." He turned to Mel. He said, "Mel, will you accept my offer?"

Will now looked at Mel, and she at him. His gaze was steely, no love, no affection.

Mel stood and said, "Sorry, Robert. It's a no." She moved around the table and took Will's hand. They walked toward the main door.

End of Part One.

demander
demander
1,493 Followers