A Second Chance Times Three

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I feel a lot better today. Emily, I have something I need to say to you."

"This isn't the romantic setting I envisioned when I thought about this occasion. But, Emily, I have fallen, totally, completely in love with you. I want to be the one by your side as we journey through life."

"Emily Christine Drake will you marry me?"

I had glanced down to my right had as I struggled to open the ring box. When I returned my gaze to Emily I saw tears streaming down her face as she was vigorously nodding her head up and down. Her mouth was open and her lips were moving but no sound was coming out.

She finally took a deep breath, held it for a few seconds before exhaling and she managed to whisper, "yes . . . yes . . . yes."

As soon as I slipped the ring on her finger she threw herself on top of me, kissing and hugging me.

She suddenly recoiled, and with a look of horror on her face, exclaimed. "OH MY Gosh!! Did I hurt you? Please tell me I didn't hurt you."

Answering her with a big smile on my face. "Emily the only way you could hurt me would be if you were to stop kissing me."

With that she grabbed my face with both hands and gave me a kiss that curled my toes upward, not to mention another part of my anatomy.

Just then two nurses rushed into the room.

When Emily threw herself on top of me she dislodged one of the leads to my heart monitor signaling an alarm at the nurse's station. They were followed by my mom and dad.

With a red face, Emily explained what she had done to trigger the alarm.

"Look, look," she exclaimed, holding up her left hand displaying her new engagement ring.

A huge smile crossed my mother's face as she opened her arms. Emily took two steps and fell into my mom's embrace. Dad smiled at me and winked as he hugged both women.

It was five o'clock in the afternoon when Doctor Stilwell made an appearance.

Studying his tablet he said, "everything looks great. But I think we'll keep you overnight, just for observation and release you tomorrow morning. I'll give you a list of restrictions prior to your release."

The following morning I was handed a list of instructions along with restrictions. I was to return in a week to have the sutures removed and be introduced to a physical therapist who would oversee my recovery.

The restrictions included no driving for a minimum of two months. No lifting anything over three pounds with my left hand, keep the area around my left shoulder clean and dry. The arm sling was to be used until the therapist instructed me I no longer needed it.

Mom and dad were at the hospital to take me home. Once in the car mom told me that Emily had to go back to work but would stop by my house on her way home as soon as school let out.

When we got home mom and dad assisted me in getting from the car into my home. As soon as we opened the front door I was greeted by Chance. He was absolutely overjoyed to see me and refused to leave my side.

A week later I was back at the hospital having the sutures removed. Doctor Stilwell examined my shoulder and was satisfied that everything was as it should be.

"Absolutely no sign of any infection," he told me. "Now let me introduce you to your physical therapist."

After the introductions were made I followed him to his office. Once there he demonstrated the stretching and muscle exercises that would allow me to regain the flexibility in my shoulder. He again emphasized that I was not to lift anything heavier than three pounds until he gave me the go ahead to increase the weight. And no driving for at least six to eight weeks.

I asked him if it was okay to resumé my daily walks with my dog.

"No problem with that. Just make sure you hold his leash with your right hand."

So the following morning I took Chance out for the first walk he had with me in over two weeks. He behaved like a champ, never leaving my side and allowing me to set the pace.

For the next several weeks we walked everyday. On weekends Emily joined us spending many enjoyable hours together.

In the evenings after school was out Emily would come over to make dinner and spend the evening with me. We started making plans for our wedding.

She drove when we had to go someplace like establishments such as a caterer or to look at places that would host our reception.

When she went to select a wedding dress her aunt and my mother were invited to go with her. I was not allowed to accompany her on that occasion.

My dad, who I had asked to be my best man, went with me to be fitted for our tuxedoes.

Four days before the wedding the unthinkable happened. My dad had an accident and broke both ankles and tore up his right knee so badly he was placed in a cast.

"There is no way I am going to be able to stand beside you as your best man," he informed me. He then offered a suggestion for a substitute.

Finally the big day arrived. Standing at the altar, with my best man beside me, we watched Emily walk down the aisle on the arm of her Uncle Phil.

We exchanged the vows we had spent some time in writing. When it came time to exchange rings I bent over and opened the ring box, that was safely affixed to Chance's collar, removed the ring and slipped onto Emily's finger.

As we exited the church I saw Emily crying with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

She replied, "I am just so very happy. These are tears of joy."

After our honeymoon we returned home. Ten months later our daughter, Katrina was born.

When we brought her home for the first time Chance was at the door to greet us. I remember the first time she reached her tiny hand out to him. He moved closer and allowed her to touch him on his head. He smelled her and from that day forward she had a special place in his heart.

Chance would stay in Katrina's room at night until he was satisfied she was sleeping soundly and not fussing before coming into our bedroom for the rest of the night.

One night about a year after Katrina's birth I was spooned against Emily backside when she said to me. "I think it's time we gave Katrina a little brother or sister."

With that she wiggled her warm, soft derriere against my groin producing the desired result. An hour later we both had cleaned up and were again in bed when Chance wandered into the bedroom.

He climbed into his bed, with the memory foam mattress that Emily had insisted on buying for him, circling around for the perfect spot to collapse. He heaved a huge sigh of contentment, as if to say that everything was great in his life and promptly fell asleep.

As Emily snuggled closer to me, I thought that everything was more than just great in my life. Everything was perfect.