A Shepherd in France Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She smiled back at him. "You are in luck then for I am fluent in many languages, English being just one. My name is Margaux De la Cruz." Her beautiful accent and her last name strengthened his impression of her Spanish origin.

They shook hands and Ben noted the absence of wedding rings though she wore a few rings on her other fingers and thumbs. Now that he was beside her Ben could tell that she was probably close to his age. She dressed very well and her jewellery didn't appeared to be costume so she may have been well off. Aside from her gorgeous mahogany hair that fell in waves past her shoulders, she had intense dark brown eyes framed by long lashes, a slim nose, sensual lips and unblemished caramel colored skin. Skin she was displaying a lot of in her silver halter style sheath dress. It clung to her curves and left little to the imagination. Ben just managed not to stare at her generous cleavage though she noted his interest with a slight upturn of the corners of her mouth.

"Are you visiting Paris?" she asked.

"Yes, it's my first vacation... anywhere, ever. So my friends invited me along." he said with a smile. "Would it be alright for us to share this table with you and... these men?"

"Certainly!" she smiled at his awkwardness.

Ben stood and caught the eye of Sophia and waved her and the others over. He sat back down. Sophia was the first one to step from the crowd and when she saw who Ben was sitting next to she hesitated for just a second. Then she made her way into the booth and sat nearest to Ben's left. Rachel followed and Megan squeezed onto the couch. Lucy perched herself on the arm of the couch until one of the young men received a look from Margaux and gave up his seat for her.

"Carlos, get these ladies some drinks. Take Byron with you." Margaux commanded. Carlos leapt to his feet and took their orders. Byron was the sullen one who gave up his seat for Lucy. His back was to them at the edge of the dancefloor. When the men left Ben noticed the satisfied smile on Margaux's face. She definitely enjoyed having the young men under her control.

"Such lovely young women you are with!" Margaux smiled at Ben using a tone which implied much. He felt the need to clear up that misconception.

"This is Sophia, Rachel, and Megan. Daughters to Catherine... one of the women I'm with." Ben said politely with a direct look. "This is Lucy, a new friend we met just today."

Margaux gave Ben an appraising look. "Ah, I see. Forgive my misunderstanding. It has been my experience that there are many men who surround themselves with beautiful young women. My ex-husband said it made him feel young. I decided to see for myself if it was true. There are certainly some benefits to it."

Ben nodded and noted Sophia was listening carefully. Still, he felt compelled to answer. "I have been with women who are much younger than me but instead of making me feel younger I've always found myself wondering why these beautiful young women are wasting their time with someone so much older. They can do so much better than me." he said honestly.

This made Margaux and Sophia sit back a little and look at Ben. They both thought he was handsome but now they saw his lack of ego. For Sophia it just made her want him more.

Margaux wondered if Ben was making a dig at her. When she saw the young women with him she had assumed she'd met a kindred spirit. Someone enjoying what life had to offer with no strings attached. Now she wasn't sure where he stood.

The young man sitting to Margaux's right snorted at Ben's words as he agreed that the lovely ladies Ben arrived with deserved someone younger, like him. He immediately cursed at himself as he had to be careful not to show interest in any other women while he was with Margaux. He wasn't very quick witted however so he just tried to cover up his snort with a bad fake sneeze.

Margaux turned to look at him. "Anthony, you should go freshen up." she said and he immediately took her hint to be elsewhere for a bit. He got up and slipped past the others until he entered the busy dancefloor.

She turned back to Ben curious that he'd said he was with more than one woman and implied they weren't young playthings like she kept. She didn't understand this. Maybe they stayed with him for his money?

"What do you do, Ben?" she asked.

"I'm a semi-retired mechanical engineer. You?" he returned the question.

"I'm a senior VP for an investment house here in Paris. I also spend time at our head office in Barcelona where I'm originally from. I keep an apartment in both cities and have offices in both as well." she said watching his face.

"I work out of an office in my basement." he said with a grin.

Sophia heard this and smiled as well. She knew Ben did very well for working out of his house.

Carlos returned with their drinks and Margaux insisted on paying for them. Everyone sipped from their drinks and Sophia indicated that she'd like to dance again, her look hinting she'd like Ben to join her.

"I'd just like to speak with Ben for a short time longer. I'm sure these young men would love to join you on the dancefloor though." She looked at her men and they all stood up with smiles. Anthony returned and gestured for Lucy to join him. She cast a look back at Ben and he found himself nodding to her unspoken question. He caught himself as she left the booth. Why had he done that?

"You have excellent control over that one and you say you only met her today? Remarkable!" Margaux complimented him.

"I don't control her or any of them for that matter." he said uncomfortably.

"I distinctly saw her look to you for permission and she only moved when you gave it to her." Margaux explained.

Ben scowled. His scar surfaced distinctly. "That was unconscious on my part."

"So you've dealt with a submissive before?" the woman asked.

Ben's head whipped to look at her. "Lucy's a submissive?"

Margaux smiled in wonder. "Marvelous! You aren't even aware of acting as her Dom!"

Ben stood and looked out over the dancefloor but he couldn't see his friends. He sat back down and looked at Margaux's curious gaze. "How did you recognize it?"

"It's her body language. I see it a fair amount with the parties I attend. My Byron is a Sub. You needn't worry about the ladies being out there with them. They know the cost of being anything less than perfect gentlemen." She showed Ben a feral grin.

"So you 'keep' these young men as playthings?" Ben asked frankly.

"Yes. My previous experience with men my own age hasn't proven to be satisfactory. I suppose I'm too controlling. I'm very dominant so I frighten most men away. These young men are easier to control and give me the satisfaction I need."

"But what about love?" Ben asked, curious.

"Love? Can you seriously tell me these women 'love you' when they know you aren't theirs exclusively?" she scoffed.

Ben felt a little uncomfortable with her attitude and worried that he might be stepping into dangerous waters. Still, he felt compelled to answer. "Yes, I can. They don't need exclusivity. They not only say it but they've demonstrated this to me on multiple occasions. There's no jealousy, hurt feelings, or drama. We're all completely honest with each other. They have opened their hearts to me because they know I've opened mine to them and I would never hurt them."

Margaux sat back and stared at Ben. She was having trouble accepting his words.

Megan returned to the table to set down her drink as she'd accidentally carried it out onto the floor. Margaux leaned forward to speak with her and caught her eye.

"Does your mother love this man?" she asked.

Megan didn't even blink. "Yes, deeply."

"How many others claim that?" she pushed.

Megan looked curiously at Ben seeing how agitated Margaux had become. She looked back at the woman. "Three. Gabriella, Tina, and Trish." She looked back at Ben with a wicked smile. "Mom told us about the twins!" As Ben groaned she giggled and slipped back onto the dancefloor wiggling her hips.

Margaux looked at Ben in confusion. How did he get four women to love him? Without a guarantee of exclusivity that was impossible!

Ben's heart sank when he saw she was upset. "Look I'm sorry if I said something to upset you. I didn't mean to pry or judge you in any way. I was just curious. Everyone has the right to find happiness in their own way. If what you have works for you then that's wonderful. For me, I'm a mess. I can't do casual affairs. I get emotionally involved too easily and end up getting hurt or worse, hurting the women. With Catherine, Gabriella, Tina, and Trish I can open my heart to all of them without fear of hurting any of them. They know I love them. They aren't afraid I'll hurt them so they aren't jealous of the others. It was Gabriella who showed me how it could work. And it did and still does."

Margaux looked at Ben and wished he'd never come to her table. Her conviction that what she had was enough for her was shattered. She remembered what it felt like to be in love but for her, love always carried an element of jealousy. These women had learned to love unconditionally and more they had someone safe to do that with. Someone that protected their love and loved them unconditionally back. That made her envious. Another negative emotion.

Suddenly Lucy burst from the crowd and rushed to Ben who stood up to meet her. She stepped behind him putting Ben between her and the crowd. He spun to look at her and saw she was trembling with her left arm across her bosom clinging to her dress.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Ben gasped but the young woman wouldn't look up at his face.

"Look at me." Ben said and she lifted her eyes to his.

"I'm sorry I ripped the dress you bought for me." she mumbled, her bottom lip trembling. He suddenly noticed it was split.

"How did this happen-"

"THE BITCH IS LYING!"

Ben went still as he heard the growl behind him. He turned slowly and saw Anthony standing at the edge of the table looking belligerent.

"What did you do Anthony?" Margaux asked with a cold voice. Ben glared at the man who just became more aggressive as his nerves reacted to Ben's silent intimidation.

"Nothing. We were dancing and the little cock tease was rubbing against me getting me all fired up. I know the rules Ms. De la Cruz so I pushed her back. That's all." he explained.

Ben turned back to Lucy and leaned down to whisper to her. "Tell me what he did to you."

Lucy looked up at him and saw his eyes were fixed on hers. "The dancefloor is crowded so we did bump against each other. Then he- he grabbed my breast... and he squeezed it so hard! It hurt so much and he wouldn't let go. I tried to get away and the dress tore. I called him an asshole... and he hit me." Tears were dripping down her face. He reached up and brushed them away with his thumb. Ben pulled a handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to Lucy.

"May I see the damage to the dress?" he asked calmly.

She gingerly pulled her hand back and the side seam under her right arm had been torn four inches down. Unfortunately this eliminated the support she had for keeping her right breast in her dress. The fabric pulled away and Ben saw the lovely half cup bra hidden under the dress. He also saw the bruises and scratches Anthony's fingernails had left on her breast. Ben put Lucy's hand back in place to hold the dress closed. She looked up and was startled to see his eyes had that strange distant look in them she'd seen in the Customs area of the airport. He turned back to Anthony.

"I TOLD you the BITCH LIES!" the man yelled.

"The bruises and scratches don't lie though, do they? They say you're an abusive little cowardly shit who gets his fun hurting women. That's what you are, aren't you. A weak little coward." Ben's voice was cold and flat. Lucy hadn't heard him sound like that before. She recalled what he'd done to Cecil and began to get nervous.

Sophia finally managed to get free from her dance partner who'd been trying to keep her from the table. "Ben, he hurt Lucy." she blurted.

"Yes, I know but thank you for confirming." Ben said and Sophia heard that oddness in his voice. His eyes seemed to be looking through Anthony.

"Fuck you!" Anthony bellowed and threw a punch at Ben's face only to find himself flying across the table where all their drink glasses were placed. He smashed through the glassware to fall between the couch and table on top of the shattered glass.

"Get your hands off me, ass wipe!" Megan yelled as she reached the edge of the dancefloor and jammed her elbow in a quick strike against the eye of Byron who was trying to hold her back. He went down screaming and clutching his eye. The crowd parted and Rachel walked through breathing hard but smiling as Carlos rolled on the floor behind her holding his groin and crying.

"These bozos tried to keep us from coming back to the table after that asshole hurt Lucy!" Rachel yelled angrily.

The asshole in question lunged to his feet, staggered onto the table and swung a broken glass at Ben. There was a deep thud as Ben's fist struck his solar plexus and Anthony was flung back to land on the couch where he lay trying to breathe.

Lucy cried out when she saw the red on Ben's shirt sleeve. Anthony's wild swing had cut the back of Ben's left forearm. It wasn't deep but it was bleeding. Megan grabbed some napkins from the table and held them down on Ben's arm. At her touch Ben's eyes started blinking and he looked down at the carnage.

"You OK big man?" Megan asked.

"Uh, sure. Are we done with dancing?" Ben asked. He looked over to Margaux's men standing at the edge of the crowd tending to their injuries. They looked back with fear in their eyes.

Rachel pulled them out of the booth. "Yeah, we'd better book before the cops arrive."

Ben looked back at Margaux. "I'm sorry we broke your toys but I think they were bad anyway. I know YOU can do MUCH better." The girls encircled Ben and pushed him across the club and out the door before the bouncers arrived and just before a very agitated police detective made it to the scene. When they got there Margaux was already gone and three young men were beating up a fourth for 'ruining everything'.

Ben reached into his pocket and pulled out a paperclip. He bent it into a new shape and gestured Lucy to come over. She stood next to him and gasped as his fingers slipped inside the top of her dress to press gently against the side of her breast. She looked up at his face then held still as he forced the paperclip through the fabric carefully. Then he pushed the other end through the fabric on the other side of the rip. When he was finished Lucy no longer had to hold the dress closed. He looked her in the eyes. "We'll take this to the dress shop to get them to fix it. Not to worry." He leaned forward and kissed her forehead. She blinked in surprise and looked at Megan who gave her a smile but there was worry in her expression too.

They grabbed a taxi at the taxi stand and rode back to the hotel in silence, each deep in thought. Sophia and Megan were thinking about speaking with their mother and Gabriella about Ben's little phase out during the fight. They both independently sent texts. Rachel was reliving watching Ben put Anthony down with one punch and that gave her tingles in happy places.

Lucy was back on Ben's lap and chest and was just enjoying the feel of him. She had major tingles happening herself and wanted desperately to touch herself. Or better, for Ben to touch her.

Ben was trying to put together the events of the night but there were gaps and that was worrying.

He paid and carried Lucy out again. She clung to his chest and pressed her face into his neck. He felt her body trembling so he carried her all the way to the elevators. He set her on her feet when they got in. Sophia moved to stand in front of Ben.

"Could I get a kiss goodnight here before we get to our floor?" she asked.

His eyebrows rose but he nodded. She leaned in and kissed him on the mouth. After the initial surprise he kissed her back. Her mouth was so soft and she smelled so good! She pulled back and Rachel stepped forward and planted her wonderful lips on his before he recuperated from Sophia's kiss. There was no tongue involved but it was a sweet kiss none-the-less. His head was spinning. Megan was wide eyed looking at her sisters. Then she stepped forward and kissed his cheek which surprised her sisters. The boldest of them was afraid of a kiss?

Ben moved awkwardly when they stepped from the elevator. Gabriella, Catherine, and Tina were all in the hallway waiting. They were wearing their dressing gowns and pulled the arrivals to Ben's room. Everyone took a seat and Tina took Lucy aside to speak with her briefly.

First things first, Gabriella took Ben into his bathroom and they took off his shirt so she could wash and bandage the cut on his arm. She had him put on his dressing gown over his pants as his muscular chest was too much of a distraction. She led him back out to the living room and they took seats with everyone else.

"Ben, Sophia and Megan both noticed you phased out again tonight during the fight. Did you experience memory loss?" Gabriella got straight to the point.

Ben nodded.

"We are going to create a record of these lapses so you can play it back for your psychiatrist when you get home. You should describe in as much detail as you can the things you remember. Witnesses will give their statements too. Can we do this now while it's fresh in your mind?"

"OK." he replied.

Tina put her phone down and started the audio recorder application. Gabriella gave the time and date and Ben described their evening. Then Sophia said her part, Megan, and finally Lucy. When they were done Tina saved the recording. Everyone took a deep breath.

"Time for bed. We have a busy day tomorrow. Listen to Tina." Gabriella said cryptically and smiled. She gave Ben a soft kiss and left the room. Catherine kissed Ben and looked on with surprise when Sophia leaned in and got another kiss from Ben. She pulled her eldest along with her and began questioning her on their way out. She looked back in time to see Rachel take a kiss from Ben. The middle child scurried after her mother and pushed the shocked woman out of the room.

Tina stood before Ben. "I would stay with you tonight but I am not feeling too well. We don't want you to be alone so I have asked Lucy to stay with you. Did you know she is a submissive like me? She also has had many bad experiences. She feels safe with you. I have spoken with Gabriella and Catherine so they understand and they agree. You need someone with you and tonight it will be Lucy. OK?" she explained and looked at him for his agreement. He was wide eyed but looked over at Lucy. Megan was standing next to her with a stunned expression on her face.

"Megan. Come here." Ben said and the young woman jumped. She moved to his side. He curled his finger and she leaned in. He turned her head and kissed her on the cheek. "Good night." he said with a smile. She grinned. Tina kissed him sweetly and left with Megan.

Then it was just Ben and Lucy.

He took a deep breath. Once more he was about to step outside of his comfort zone. He'd learned how to deal with a Sub with Tina but he knew everyone was different and he couldn't expect Lucy to respond in the same ways Tina did. He was starting from scratch again.

"Come here Lucy." Ben said.

Lucy moved to stand in front of him with her hands clenched in front of her. Her knuckles were white.

"What are you afraid of?" he asked gently.

"I've had some bad boyfriends. They hurt me." she said trembling.

"You've spoken with Tina. She's told you I'm not like that, right?" he asked. She nodded.

"She also told me how you initially pushed her away because you were worried about the age difference."

1...34567...15