A Short Story - The Footballer

Story Info
Nat and Vanessa make plans.
750 words
1.8k
2
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Yesok1
Yesok1
493 Followers

"You're showing why your manager spent what she did bringing you to the club."

Nat smiles and looks away. "Yeah. I've taken the opportunity. I've worked hard and I want to play for England next."

Alex Scott smiles. "You're certainly confident, Natalie. I hope you get the call-up. What's given you the confidence to play so well in your debut season in the WSL?"

Nat smiles, she pauses as she wipes her brow and looks away. She fights internally to get the courage she needs to answer. "Well Alex, it's all thanks to one lady in particular." Nat looks around the stadium and smiles as she looks up at the Directors box. She waves, but the camera is fixed on her, and those watching can't see who she's waving at. "Vanessa has been my rock, she's given me a self-belief I didn't realise I had, and I want her to know how much I love her and if she'd do me the honour of marrying me?"

The camera suddenly pans and zooms in on a group of ladies in the stands. Cheers erupt. The TV pauses.

"I can't believe you did that. On national television, the BBC no less." Vanessa cringes and Nat laughs.

"You are the best thing that's happened to me. I want you to spend the rest of your life with me. We are the best team I've been a part of." Nat takes Vanessa's hand, she takes a diamond ring out from jean pocket. She holds it at the tip of the outstretched finger. "Well?"

Vanessa smiles, "Of course, duh."

Nat slides the ring down the finger. "Not the first ring that fingers slipped through." She laughs.

"So droll... It's beautiful."

"Anything for you, Vanessa." Nat kisses her and they smile together admiring her hand and the ring.

"You know you have to tidy up around the house, I'm not your cleaner you know."

"I put a ring on your finger and I still don't get a free pass?"

"No, you have to take responsibility, now."

"OK, talking about responsibility. I want us to find our own forever home. This was yours, you shared it with your ex, can we look for our own special place? I need a room for my caps and trophies."

Vanessa ponders for a moment, raising an eyebrow at the need for a room. "Of course. Where though? Let's think about it later, we need to celebrate."

Nat pulls back the duvet and climbs out of bed, the evening is still warm as she sits naked on the edge of the bed. She looks at her older lover sleeping next to her. She smiles, besotted by her, she kisses her forehead and looks at the sparkle from the engagement ring.

Excitement fills her veins with a tingling sensation, followed by nerves rolling through her tummy. She can't stop smiling as she slides her panties up her legs. Half naked she walks down to the kitchen and puts the kettle on and picks up the iPad from the counter.

She searches for wedding dresses on Instagram and sets up a Pinterest account. Nat puts the iPad down as Vanessa walks in.

"Kettles on, wifey."

Vanessa smiles. "Great. When shall we do it?"

"How soon, do you want to?"

"I don't know, you?"

Nat shrugs, "Today."

Vanessa laughs, "Off to Gretna, then?"

"You want to marry abroad? Is Gretna in Spain."

Vanessa looks at Nat surprised.

"What, Van?"

"It's Scotland, I was meaning we elope!"

Nat looks confused and stays quiet not understanding the suggestion Vanessa makes.

"We need to plan, I'm excited. I never thought I'd remarry after my husband. I never thought about it with... Well, never mind." Vanessa smiles at Nat.

"Do you want an engagement party?"

"That'd be fun."

"I can get all my old teammates together, my friends and my new team. I want to show you off. My parents and my aunts. You?"

"Yeah, my kids will come. My friends. I still can't believe we'll spend the rest of our lives together... When you're forty, I'll be sixty-five. Have you thought about that?"

"I don't care about that, I'll wheel you in your wheelchair."

"Cheeky, I won't be decrepit."

Nat smiles, "I hope not."

She gets mugs and starts making tea. Vanessa moves behind her cupping her breasts in her hands as she steps in close.

"I'm going to wear a wedding dress. Have you given any thought yet?"

"Just saying my vows with you is enough."

Yesok1
Yesok1
493 Followers
  • COMMENTS
4 Comments
Yesok1Yesok12 months agoAuthor

Thanks cupidcupid.

CupidCupidCupidCupid2 months ago

A perfect ending.....

Yesok1Yesok12 months agoAuthor

Hi Migbird,

I took them down a dark path, but not keen I like the ending so I will revisit the ending. My short story for Emily was also concluded and I did not like it, either.

I have written 5 chapters of an espionage story. My friend wrote a couple of stories in that, but I'm not sure it flows and Laurel and Manu have sent back the 5th chapter.

I'm running out of steam and feel my stories are losing their quality.

There are now 15 left to be posted over the next 15 days.

4 in draft and 1 rejected, plus about 15 other stories started and not finished.

Yikes!

Jx

MigbirdMigbird2 months ago

Not sure where you are taking this pair but have thoroughly enjoyed their relationship - two characters, uniquely different and believable, as is the relationship. This piece a touch of poignancy (?). As a near hopeless romantic … .

Share this Story

Similar Stories

A Short Story - Emily Pt. 01 Pulled at the beach.in Lesbian Sex
A Short Story - Mrs Warren A mum taken.in Lesbian Sex
A Short Story - Younger Me & Girls Girls make me confused.in Lesbian Sex
A Short Story - Footballer Vanessa Vanessa meets Natalie.in Lesbian Sex
Short Story - Amelia and Willow Amelia and Willow enjoy playing in the dungeon.in Lesbian Sex
More Stories