A Simple Life Ch. 27-35

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kayla faces her. "Yeah. I wish we'd done this sooner."

"Me too."

"See you around Avery."

"S-See ya Kayla. Thank you for...everything."

"Anytime."

"It was great to meet you two." Briar says. "I'm really looking forward to the game."

"Yeah!" Winona says. "Thanks for joining us. I'm gonna need help with this group of newbs."

"You can count on me Fable Master." She salutes then lets out an adorably snorting laugh.

Our goodbyes are said and soon Winona and I are on the short stroll out of the Meadow and back to the real world. Once we were by ourselves Winona takes her jacket and slips it over my shoulders.

"You looked cool." She says.

"Oh." I wasn't actually cold but I sure liked the gesture. Pulling the jacket tighter around me I say. "Thank you."

We walk in silence through the tended lawns and flower beds. Above us the stars were erased by the annoying lamps that lit our way but the moon shone brightly. I look to my date and I am struck once more by her beauty. Even the wan artificial lights could not dim her natural gorgeousness. It was a beauty that went deeper than skin. No matter what happened going forward I would never forget how she had found me and sat with me behind that bush. How she had soothed me, built me up and brought me back out again. And thank goodness she had or I would have missed that dance. And that kiss! She made me feel...more than myself. I felt bigger, bigger than I ever had before. I felt a connection to something greater than me. After all these years of hearing my grandpa's stories only now do I truly even begin to understand how my grandma made him feel. Gathering my courage...I reach out and take her hand.

She looks at me with that same warmth that I saw in Cain's eyes when Riley was being Riley, not simply an acceptance but an appreciation of what made that person special. The look sure made me feel special. Without calling attention to the gesture or making it weird she accepts my hand and walks just at little bit closer.

"You are so soft." Her fingers rub into my palm. "So soft."

"Yeah." I confess.

"I...like that." She says. "It's different. It's honest. It's...it's nice."

"Um."

"You're nice Avery."

"Oh...um, thank you."

"It's easier for a girl to be soft." She squeezes my hand tighter. "It's expected even. Takes real courage for a man to be soft."

I had no idea what response to give to that but the gentle, happy expression on her face told me that she didn't expect one, so I stay quiet. Hand in hand we pass through the gate. Riley's Miata was already long gone leaving Winona's old pickup the only guest vehicle remaining in the lot.

As we approach it she asks me. "Tired Avery? Do you need to go home?"

"No." I say dreamily, wishing that this evening might go on forever. "The night is young."

"Good." Still holding my hand she leads me around to the passenger side and opens my door. "I was hoping to show you something."

I crawl into my seat and buckle in, warmed by her pleasant smelling jacket. She gets in and starts to drive. I didn't know where we were going or what she wanted to show me. The only thing I did know was that there was nowhere in the world that I would rather be.

To be continued...