A Story Told in a Song Finale

Story Info
Phillip's next song.
951 words
15.2k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

On 03/30/21 CreativityTakesCourage submitted a three part series entitled A Story Told in a Song. She succumbed to the 750 word challenge. I read the first story and waited for the next installment which was supposed to be the next day, it never came. Bored, I decided to write my own endings, anticipating what she would write. Boy was I off. I contacted her to ask if it would be ok to write my own endings, to which she graciously agreed. I sent both (yeah, I had to do two).

She got them back to me before her next two finally posted on 04/06/21 and 04/07/21. What I'm about to say next is just between me and you readers, she also edited it. Being the great person she is, she didn't want me to say anything so I wouldn't get hit with one bombs. CTC, I've got one better for you, I'll leave the comments part open (I love comments, good or bad) but turn off the voting.

The first story will be Finale and the second Annabelle. Enjoy the show.

********

Though she wanted to run away, the chains held her in place. The chains of infidelity. With each song they'd gotten tighter, now they felt deathly. How did Phillip find out? They were so sure they'd covered all of their bases.

Each song caused a new slice into her soul, a new chasm they would have to forge over. Phillip took another breath and then he started singing his final one.

I loved you all the summer through

I thought I'd found my dream in you

For me you were the one

But that was yesterday and yesterday's gone

What song was this? And where did he ever hear it? She remembered hearing the first song when she was a child, but not this one, was it yet another old song from a time gone by?

We walked together hand in hand

'Cross miles and miles of golden sand

But now it's over and done

'Cause that was yesterday and yesterday's gone

No, the words were all wrong; it wasn't anything they couldn't work through and beyond. If she could just talk to him, she could explain everything. It was just a bit of fun between friends, it meant nothing.

We had such happiness together

I can't believe it's gone forever

She looked back once more at Rick and Melissa. A man had come up behind Rick and was handing him a large envelope. Oh shit, Melissa also knew. She was having him served. Was she to be next? Before Annabelle could move again, everything in her world went black.

Everyone around watched her as her head teetered in a circular motion. Suddenly it went straight up, and then fell face forward onto the table.

Wait 'til summer comes again

I hope that you'll remember when

Our love had just begun

I loved you yesterday and yesterday's gone

People from a few tables scrambled over to check on her, blood was coming from her nose.

We had such happiness together

I can't believe it's gone forever

Though he could see everything going on before him, Phillip was committed to finishing the song. Rick was screaming at Melissa, while she just smiled back. Security was rushing to both tables, and still he sang.

Wait 'til summer comes again

I hope that you'll remember when

Our love had just begun

I loved you yesterday and yesterday's gone

Yesterday's gone

Yesterday's gone

Yesterday's gone

As his voice faded away, he stood, flexed his shoulders put the mic down, and headed off the stage. The commotion around his table made it where he couldn't get back there, so he just walked towards the door.

Rick saw him walking away and flew after him.

"How could you, you son-of-a-bitch?"

In a calmer voice than one would have thought he said, "No, Rick, how could you?"

"Do you think that I was the only one?"

"I'll never know because it doesn't really matter. What did matter was a person that I thought was my friend stabbed me, my wife, and his wife in the back just to get a little bit of fun. That was what you called, right?"

He turned again and started for the door, Rick grabbed his shoulder to spin him around, and as he came around, he hit Rick square in the mouth.

As Rick went down, eyes as big as saucers, he said, "But she loves you."

Phillip looked at him, cleared his throat and spat in Rick's face. "But that was yesterday and yesterday's gone, thanks to you."

He walked out the door and waited until by their car, backed up to the car hood with his arms crossed, Annabelle was helped out.

Looking at her, he said, "Not one word." As if I'd believe it anyway. "I'll give you a ride home and then find someplace else to spend the night."

He helped her into the car, headed to what he'd once called his home, in silence.

As they neared their destination, she couldn't help herself, she asked, "How did you find out?"

Despite what he'd said, to Rick he answered, "I put cameras in our bedroom. You two thought you were so smart; you should have spent the money on a motel room."

For all the joking around that Rick and Annabelle had done before they crossed the line, they failed because they were both to cheap too go someplace else. Now they'd both pay for the rest of their lives.

But that was yesterday and yesterday's gone

*******

Artist -- Chad & Jeremy

Album -- Yesterdays Gone

Released -- 1964

Genera -- Easy Listening

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
29 Comments
alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

¿¡ HUH ?! Ooo.. kk ... aayy... Not sure what that was ... too short. But, interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ok a little short on the details but acceptable I know you turned voting off but, 3 stars lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good enjoyed. Nuff said

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great job with the 2 sixties songs. And you did it so succinctly. I give it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Average!

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

The Prodigal Son The Prodigal Son returns and messes up everything.in Loving Wives
Paying the Piper She called the tune, she had to pay the piper.in Loving Wives
Zeroing in on the Problem Cause and effect is a vicious cycle.in Loving Wives
I'm 51 You're never too old to start again.in Loving Wives
Was It All Worth It His wife blew it all up.in Loving Wives
More Stories