A Sweet Tender Love Story for Bob

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nice to meet you Gary, and thank you for the compliment."

"Oh, you're welcome."

"Can I get you some coffee, Gary?" Adrian asked.

"No thank you, Adrian, I don't have time now. I was passing by the house and saw vehicles in the driveway so thought I'd drop in and say hello. But will take a rain check"

"You got it. Stop in anytime," she replied.

As Gary walked out the door he looked at her and said, "Welcome home, Adrian."

"Thank you Gary, it's good to be home."

Bob was happy to see him leave, but had to admit to himself that he seemed to be a nice person.

"Nice fellow," he said.

"Yes, he is a nice fellow. We've known each other since grade school and he's been a good friend."

Bob wondered if they had been more than good friends and sweethearts, but he didn't

ask her.

He rose from the kitchen table and said, "I'm going to have to turn the power off while I fix the two sockets here in the kitchen, but will turn it back on when I'm finished. It won't take long. Then we can be on our way to the store."

"Ok, while you're doing that, I'll go upstairs and freshen up a bit."

He watched her blue jean clad bottom sway back and forth as she climbed the stairs and

Felt himself harden. "I want to kiss her," he said under his breath, "I want to hold her in my arms and kiss her." He imagined how soft her lips would be and how good she would feel in his arms. With a sigh, he started to work.

Adrian sensed his eyes on her as she ascended the stairs and felt giddy. She knew he was attracted to her and knew she was attracted to him. It had been nice spending the day together and she was grateful for his help. More importantly, she enjoyed his company and was comfortable with him. He was handsome and had a great body. She wanted to feel his arms around her. She wanted to feel his lips on hers.

"Adrian, what's wrong with you?" she said aloud. "This is the second time you've seen this man and you're thinking in those terms. Get a hold of yourself, girl!"

When finished freshening up she went downstairs and said, "I'm ready when you are."

"I'm ready," he replied.

*****

After helping her carry groceries into her house, he said, "I'll be on my way now, Adrian. I'd like to help in any way I can, be it with your house, or with your business plans. I might be able to come up with some cost cutting ideas for you."

"Thank you Bob, for all your help today, I appreciate it so much and I very much enjoyed your company. After I talk with Gordon and see what's what in Peaceful, I might be coming to you for those ideas, and don't forget, I want to help in your garden."

"I won't forget, Adrian. I enjoyed spending time with you today too. Let's do it again sometime, when work isn't involved."

They laughed, and she said, I'd like that Bob."

After he left she leaned against the closed kitchen door and smiled. Then humming to her self she started the task of putting the groceries away and getting her kitchen in order. When everything was where she wanted it to be she looked around and was pleased with

her progress. "Now with the kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom finished, I can finally function and tackle the rest of the house at my leisure."

Before going to bed that night, she stood in front of her bedside table and turned out the little lamp. Looking out the window she saw a light in an upstairs room of Bob's house. Suddenly he came into view, and she watched as he walked around what she thought must be his bedroom. In moments, the light went out.

Sighing she lay on her bed and wondered what she was feeling inside. She replayed part of the day in her mind, concentrating on what he had said during the day, how he had looked at her, and how much she was attracted to him physically. She felt herself grow wet and smiled sweetly, while drifting off to sleep.


CHAPTER 5

"Well hello, Adrian," said Gordon, "Rita told me you were back in town, nice to see you."

"Thank you, Gordon. It's nice to be home. I hadn't realized how much I missed Peaceful."

"Well, it's just about the same as when you left, but growing some. More people have moved here, and speaking of that, how do you like the changes in your property?"

"It isn't my property anymore, Gordon, but Bob has made a beautiful difference in what I see when I look out my windows. He's transformed it into a real show place. I haven't been inside his house yet, but I imagine it's beautiful too."

Gordon looked at her and smiled. "So it's Bob is it? You've been home a few days and already on a first name basis with your new neighbor?"

"Oh stop, Gordon," she said with a chuckle, "If I know Rita, she's told you he took me to breakfast and helped me with some repairs in the house. Not much gets past her."

"You're right about that," he replied, "She knows just about everything there is to know about everyone." They both laughed. "She also told me you might be looking for a little shop to rent or buy. Is that right?"

"Yes," said Adrian. "When I was living here I know there were many women who made quilts or made clothes for their family and themselves, but they had to travel 25 miles to Dayville to buy yard goods. I want to open a fabric shop, slash seamstress service, and offer sewing and quilting classes. I hired a firm this morning to check out the feasibility and business potential of such a shop in Peaceful, given the small population. I have to be sure I can make a living here. Just in case they give me the go ahead I want to know I'll have a building to open for business."

"I see," said Gordon, "Give me an idea of where you'd like this shop to be located."

"Right here on Main Street if possible," she replied, "But I've been looking on my own and I didn't see anything empty."

"That's because there aren't any places empty right now. Even if there were, it would be more expensive then if you rented or bought a place on a side street. If you put up a big sign and advertise well, people will find it. Peaceful isn't that big," he chuckled. "That brings up another question, do you want to rent or buy?"

"I don't want to buy until I know I can make a go of it, and I realize that will take a couple of years. If possible I would like to rent with the option to buy, a portion of the rent going toward the purchase price."

"Okay," he said, "That gives me more to work with. If I can find something how soon do you want to occupy?"

They discussed the particulars, including price and timeline.

"All right, Adrian, I'll see what I can come up with and get back to you. What's your phone number?"

"I won't have a phone until tomorrow, Gordon. I'll call you then and give you the number." They said their good byes, shook hands, and she was on her way home.

Bob was sitting in The Nook sipping his coffee and looking out the window when he saw Adrian drive by and stop at the real estate office. It had been a few days since he'd worked in her house. He watched her get out of the car. She was dressed in a navy blue business suit that looked like it had been made for her. Of course it was, he thought, she told me she makes her own clothes. Navy blue high heels and matching purse completed the ensemble. Her short blonde curls were just long enough to bounce when she walked. She's drop dead gorgeous, he thought to himself.

He didn't need the help, but decided he would stop by her house on the way home and ask her if she could help in the garden today. He enjoyed her company and wanted to get to know her better. Who am I kidding? I want much more than that, he thought He waited until he saw her leave the office and decided he would give her a five-minute head start and hoped she was going right home.

When she arrived there was a truck in her driveway, Gary's truck. He was sitting inside the cab reading the newspaper. When he saw Adrian pull in, he laid the paper aside and got out of the truck to wait for her.

She smiled to herself as she drove the long driveway to the house remembering the good times they had had together. They were in love in high school. Thinking they would be together forever, they had given each other their virginity the night they graduated. That had been twelve years ago and it was still a sweet memory. They both had a job that summer, and that didn't leave them much time, but had made love at every opportunity.

"Thank goodness for the pill!" she said aloud.

The end of summer came and so did their romance. Gary had a full ride football scholarship to a prestigious college in the East and she attended State College. They kept in touch via letters and telephone, but eventually the letters and phone calls became fewer and further apart. He went into the military as an officer after graduation and Adrian went to Europe after earning her master's.

Gary smiled and waved to her as she approached the house and she waved back. He was an imposing figure standing in her driveway waiting for her. Tall and muscular, he was dressed in dark tan dress slacks, a lighter tan dress shirt with a dark tie that matched his slacks, and dark brown shoes. He wasn't a handsome man, but easy on the eyes. He opened the car door for her. He always was a gentleman, she thought.

When she stood up, he looked her up and down, gave the wolf whistled and said, "Wow, look at you. You're a beautiful woman, Adrian."

"Thank you, Gary, and look at you, all dressed up."

"Thank you. I had some business to take care of and thought I'd stop by and see you on the way home."

"Come on in," she said, "I'll put on a pot of coffee."

"I have a better idea, since we're both dressed up let me take you to dinner. We can drive to Dayville and I'll take you to the big new fancy restaurant there."

"Dayville has a fancy restaurant?"

"Yes, you'll be surprised how the city has grown."

Adrian thought for a minute before answering. Do I accept or not? I'm over Gary and don't want to start anything with him again. Listen to me, he might not want that either.

Almost as if reading her mind, he said, "Come on, Adrian, say yes. It's just dinner and we can catch up on each other's lives."

"Okay," she replied, "but come inside for a minute while I freshen up."

Bob started to pull in Adrian's driveway when he saw Gary's truck parked next to her car. He backed onto the main road, scowled and said aloud, "He's not wasting anytime, is he? Damn, Bob, what's wrong with you? They're old friends and you are the new guy in town. Get a hold of yourself!" He drove the short distance to his house, pulled in the driveway and said, "I shouldn't have waited so long to get back to her."

That evening he couldn't get his mind off Adrian. It had been that way since he first laid eyes on her. I'm not going to lay back and do nothing, he thought. Dammit, that woman is under my skin! He looked out his window at her dark house a number of times, and decided to read until he knew she was home safely. Putting his book aside sometime later, he looked again just in time to see the light turn off in her bedroom window. Satisfied, he went to bed.


CHAPTER 6

The next morning Bob was up early. He called the telephone operator, asked for Adrian Miller's phone number and was told she didn't have phone service.

"How can she not have a phone?" he said aloud. More than a little annoyed.

After checking his email and talking with Jeff, he showered, dressed and was on his way to Adrian's house.

When he arrived he saw a vehicle from the telephone company in the driveway. He got out of his truck and walked to the front porch just as Adrian and the telephone tech walked out the door. The tech continued to his truck and drove away.

"Hello Bob, this is a nice surprise," she said.

"Good morning, Adrian. Does this mean you have phone service now? I called the operator earlier this morning for your number and she said you didn't have one."

"I do now," she said, "Come on in and I'll give it to you over a cup of coffee."

Bob followed her into the house, watching her jean clad bottom sway from side to side. Is she trying to seduce me? Or am I imagining it? If she is, it's working.

Her perfume wafted past his nose and he closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. Opening his eyes, he blew out a long silent breath through pursed lips. When in the house he shut the door.

Adrian knew that men looked at women's behinds when walking behind them and she deliberately put an extra swing in her walk. Why am I doing this? This isn't like me. I don't tease like this. What's happening to me?

She had to admit to herself, that when she saw him walking up the steps, something came over her. She wanted him to make love to her, plain and simple! She wanted to feel his strong arms around her and feel his lips on hers. She wanted to see him naked. She wanted to feel his skin on hers. She wanted to feel him inside her. She felt herself grow wet.

It had been over a year since she had made love. While in France she had a live in lover for almost two years. She knew she wasn't in love with him nor he with her, but they were comfortable with each other, enjoyed the same things, and fulfilled each other's physical needs. One day she came home from work early and he was making love to another woman in their bed. After she confronted him they decided to go their separate ways.

Now, here she was lusting after her neighbor. Slightly embarrassed with her thoughts, she felt herself blush.

"Have a seat, Bob. I'll get a pencil and paper and write my phone number down for you."

Bob decided to go to the kitchen since they were going to have coffee. He felt nervous energy and was picking up some strange vibes from Adrian as well.

When she entered the kitchen she found him filling the teakettle with water. When he heard her footsteps he turned from the sink, set the kettle on the stove, and turned the gas on.

"Do you have tea bags? I'd really rather have tea if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all. Tea sounds good."

She walked to the cupboard, took down the box of teabags, two cups and a teapot, and set them on the counter next to the stove. She placed 3 teabags in the teapot and turned to face him.

"Here's my number, Bob."

Bob reached out to accept the piece of paper she offered and placed it in his shirt pocket.

"Thank you, Adrian."

"You're welcome."

They both felt the tension in the room, and were uncomfortable with the formality of the conversation

"Adrian, I came here this morning to ask if you were free today to come over and help plant some new things I bought at the nursery yesterday, and I'd like to show you the inside of my house. Are you available?"

She thought that would be an excellent way to work off some sexual frustration and she wanted to see his house.

"Yes Bob, I'm free today and would love to see your house and help you plant."

"Great," he said. "How about we forget the tea and go now? I'm sure Mrs. Higgins will prepare refreshments."

"Okay, but I have to phone Gordon first and give him my phone number."

While she did that, he turned off the stove, removed the teabags from the teapot, and placed them back in the box, and placed everything into the cupboard.

"Ok, I'm ready," she said, as she took car keys out of her pocket. "I'll drive myself over, that way you won't need to bring me back home later."

"It isn't that far and I don't mind driving you back."

"Ok. If you're sure."

"I'm sure. I turned the stove off and put everything away."

"Oh, thank you, that was nice of you."

"You're welcome. Shall we go?"

They walked out of the house, Adrian first. Bob locked and closed the door. He watched her behind again as she went down the steps and walked to her car. I seem to have a fixation on her behind, he thought to himself.

Adrian felt his eyes on her as she walked in front of him and smiled.

He opened the car door for her and shut it when she was inside. Walking to the driver's side he opened the door, sat down and smiled at her. She smiled back and he drove the short distance to his house.

His driveway, like hers, was long, and the house well off the road that ran past their houses. One section of the driveway went straight to the back yard and another made a circle to the right in the front of the house, providing access to the front door. The middle of the circular driveway was landscaped with grass and a shade tree was placed in the center.

The house was big and she was impressed. My house would fit into one fourth of this, she thought. It was red brick with two and a half stories. Windows were balanced equally upstairs and down, with fewer windows on the main floor, but much bigger than the second floor windows. One tall, wide window reached from above the front door to the top of the second floor. The windows were flanked by white shutters, except for the tall, wide window above the front door.

The brick arched entryway was spectacular. It was huge, with two large ebony painted doors adorned with brass doorknockers and doorknobs. Large brass lanterns guarded the archway of the entry. A matching brick sidewalk led from the driveway to the front steps and porch that were also brick.

Bob drove into the circular driveway. He got out of his car, walked to her side and opened the door for her. He held out his hand to her and she placed her hand in his as he helped her out of the car. She had seldom been treated with such courtesy and respect. When their hands touched, her heart melted.

"Welcome to my home, Adrian."

"It's absolutely beautiful, Bob!"

"Thank you. It's my pride and joy."

"You're welcome," she replied. "I can understand that. I've never seen a house quite like this one."

"That's because it's one of a kind. I drew the plans and with some refinement by my architect, this is the result."

"Mr. Ellis, you're a talented man."

"Thank you, Miss Miller. That means a lot to me, coming from you. Come on let's go inside and I'll give you the grand tour."

He held her arm as they walked up the steps and onto the porch. Taking a key from his pocket he unlocked one of the large doors then held it open for her to. Once inside he shut the door. Bob remained silent as Adrian surveyed his home as if in awe. Few people had been inside his home, but those that did all had the same amazed expression when first entering, the same expression that Adrian wore now.

She stood in awe at what she saw. The extra wide hallway ran from the front door to the backdoor. The floor was finished with large blocks of black and white marble placed on the diagonal. The ceiling rose to the second floor. Six large crystal chandeliers hung spaced evenly from front to back of the great hall.

Adrian thought how beautiful they must look from outside when lighted at night, looking through the tall, wide window at the front of the house.

Three quarters of the way down the hallway from the front door was the most beautiful, wide spiral staircase she had ever seen. It was placed close to the right wall and led to a loft overlooking the hallway. On the loft was a magnificent white grand piano. The loft not only overlooked the hallway but served as a walkway from one side of the upper floor to the other. Ebony spindles supporting a white railing ran along the parameter of the loft and two hallways. She saw three ebony colored doors on each side of the upstairs hallways.

Adrian thought the bedrooms must be behind those doors. The walls and ceiling were painted a rich cream color. Potted plants with large green foliage were placed on the floor next to the walls the length of the downstairs hallway and one was placed next to the piano on the balcony. Various paintings hung on the walls.

"Well, what do you think?" he said.

"I don't know what to say, Bob. It's perfectly lovely. I'm speechless!"

"Thank you, Adrian. I'm pleased you like it. Come, let me show you around."