All Comments on 'A Taste of Slavery Ch. 61'

by Thors_Fist

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Steve150177Steve150177almost 4 years ago
I love this story and its twists.

I love that it came sooner.

Too bad it had more editing mistakes including one "Marcia" instead of "Julia".

Nice twist to let us see Regina be trained.

I repeat, I love it and sooner is worth the mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sean

Still this Sean thing. Love the story and most the characters but still this whole Sean thing is distasteful. I get he’s a slave, submissive etc but still think out of all the characters he’s treated worse than all the other submissives. And it’s because all the others are loved, valued and in relationships even Rhonda who’s not technically in a relationship is treated better and is loved. Sean isn’t, neither loved or valued but just there to be some me sort of misbehaving g dog or whipping boy pretty much treated like shit by all. With not a friend among the whole group it must be pretty shitty existance

RRC2RRC2almost 4 years ago
Thanks,

It just amazes me that you can pick up the attitude of love that permeates these stories with each chapter. This is the second or third chapter that I've read on the day it was published and I found it delightful to slip into the world of love and acceptance Julia and all the others have developed. Of course the two new characters would get naked by the end of the chapter, but knowing that doesn't draw anything away from the joy and warm pleasure in how you tell the story and get them into it.

Great story, great situation.

THANKS

Thors_FistThors_Fistalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Response About Sean

I don't quite understand your feeling that Sean is unwanted and unloved. His situation is different than everyone else's, and not just because he's male. His Dominant was savagely raped by a gang, impregnated and left to raise a child on her own. She does not, and may not ever trust anyone who wants to control her life. She can't. When Sean first started, she had to tie him down to the bed or wouldn't let him use his hands. Yet her connection to him was strong enough, she sought trauma counseling to the point she could have normal sex with him. He is loved by her family. They all want him back. When Shasta couldn't keep Sean because her own securities were being threatened, he was given a home in Scott's household, hopefully, temporary. Because he was no longer having sex with his Mistress, he was allowed to have sex with Wendy and Julia. He was counseled on the reasons Shasta could not react normally to his behavior, encouraging him to change and accept he could not be her boyfriend, fiancé, or husband. He had to be her slave and let her have the control in her household. Shasta was encouraged to take him back when it appeared he'd gotten the message. I think he was treated fairly within the boundaries created by his Dominant's history and the others not trying to usurp Shasta's authority until she fully released him from his submission. My two cents.

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67almost 4 years ago
Yes YES

I loved it as usual.

I agree with Steve, there were more editing mistakes than usual, but still not as many as a lot of writers. I noticed the Marcia slip up (lol) but I knew who you meant.

I love, I mean LOVE, that Regina is going to be taken down a peg or 3. She has needed to be collared since she basically tossed her husband away. Please make her not only subservient to her Masters, Mistresses, and Domina, but to all the other slaves also, including Sean.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Response about Sean

Original Anon who brought up Sean’s treatment:

I think we all understand your point of view on Shasta. Anyone having to go through what she went through is horrid and unconscionable, and her psychological state in light of that is impressive. She’s clearly a strong character.

The problem is that she doesn’t treat Sean well from an outsider’s perspective. As I’ve mentioned before, none of your characters seem to, and I understand that’s probably because of how you view it. While I think you do a very good job of exploring the minds of your main characters in all of your stories, and you even seem to do a good job analyzing the minds of your side characters, it doesn’t feel like you’ve given Sean as much thought.

To me, and maybe I’m wrong as he’s not my character, he seems to be someone who loves and cares for Shasta and her family. At least he’s said as much. But his relationship with Shasta just seems to be abusive. It seems to be that she is working through her issues to be able to be intimate not only physically but emotionally and spiritually with a man again, but it’s not clear that that man is Sean. In fact, from every thing she’s said and done, it almost certainly won’t be Sean, considering that this started with her seeking other men and doing everything she can to reinforce to him that she’s not going to be there for him as he is for her. Which is fine if that’s something he’s okay with, but even then I’d be worried if I knew Sean (or a man or woman like him) that he was the abused (physically and emotionally) partner in an abusive relationship.

Furthermore, while you may have meant to imply that Shasta cares for Sean (as I believe you did), it’s never been explicitly stated. He’s stated that he loves her and her family. She’s stated that her family loves him. But she has never stated that she feels that way about him. Is that because of her traumatic previous relationship? possibly if not probably. But that is not a sufficient reason to be abusive or keep someone in a one-way relationship. Scott and Julia, Sam and Marcia, all your other partners have their relationships out of love for each other. If the love wasn’t there, I believe you’ve even said through your characters it’s abuse. Otherwise, as I know you’ve said he can’t be her partner, she should start paying him, because he’s clearly nothing more to her than a male prostitute or human dildo. Sure, she lets him stay at her house, but it’s not a secure relationship. He can (and likely will based on how things have gone) have nothing in a split second. If she kicks him out again, I doubt he’ll keep his job, he won’t have anywhere to live, he’ll lose his relationships with Cedric and her mom, and most importantly to him, he’ll lose his relationship with her.

As far as being able to have sex with other women not named Shasta, he may very well enjoy it physically. He’s a heterosexual(?) man with working genitals. But does he emotionally. Would he have cared at all if he hadn’t had sex with anyone but Shasta? If she didn’t want him to have sex with anyone but her, would he protest? If he loves her, I assume he wouldn’t. I’m sure any of your characters would say that the sex they have with their partners means so much more to them than sex with any other person, no matter how enjoyable physically.

That said, once again, I love your work. You’re a fantastic author. The only reason any of us care so much is because you make your characters real to your audience and that is a talent many lack.

Steve150177Steve150177almost 4 years ago
My 2nd response to the Sean "problem"

Thor's_Fist made a point I had thought of, i.e., Shasta's 2 family members *love* him. The complainers may need to *see* that before they can grok it.

I'm not sure how T_F can work that in without breaking the rule he made and having some scenes from the POV of Sean where we see how much Shasta's Mom shows that she loves him. Maybe Shasta should invite her friends/employers over for dinner.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 4 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful as ever. And I cannot wait to read Regina's week of slavery. At the end, she might desire for more ...

JohnnyGaltJohnnyGaltover 3 years ago
dirtywhiteboy67 06/02/20

Yeah quite a bit sloppier on edits than we would expect

I have edited for Spacer_X (Six Times a Day, Reasonable Bounds, and others) and

Nick Scipio (Summer Camp series)

I can honestly say the VERY few of my edits for either were rejected, mostly just a matter of style

I PMed two chapter's worth of edits to Thor's Fist, and got no response at all, not even "Thanks, but no thanks" so...

Go1angelGo1angelover 3 years ago
Response about Sean by Anonymous

I totally agree with this statement. I couldn’t have said it better. I know Shasta is confused but her actions feel like abuse to me. I’m also a bit confused about how the other characters condone her actions. I sometimes feel she loves him and is afraid of it and pushes him away with these acts. I think she could lose him if she pushes too hard.

You can tell she trusts him with her family. It seems like when she at home they fuck like bunnies. I’d like to see what happens more on that end of the story.

I enjoy your writing very much and I can’t wait for the next chapter.

Shar

TaBooLover5865TaBooLover5865over 2 years ago

This also has another Marcia type jarring name mistake, when Bill says Evelyn needs to be punished, when he means Regina. Just trying to help.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sean's a volunteer; he knew where Shasta was at before he took the job on; he wants to be bossed about. If, sometimes, he doesn't like what he's told to do, he can always safeword or leave altogether. If not, he'll have to handle it.

Would there be so many comments protesting his situation if he was female? I wonder.

I'm a hetero dominant old guy, by the way.

Dixon (UK)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Second time thru. . . . .Thank you, DEAR AUTHOR, for your " two cents " about SEAN. As I read all this, I flash on what most of my past lovers did wrong. However ! I am getting so much satisfaction and fun out of your characterizations. and all their sexy antics ! 5 star

MikePaulWritesMikePaulWrites7 months ago

It's quite satisfying to see Regina get her comeuppance. Perfect that it should happen at the hand of Bill Thornhill. Just love the way you have thought this story through. But I'm sorry it is coming to an end soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous