A Time Travel Story

Story Info
I spent the summer of 1881 with my great great grandfather.
13.5k words
4.54
2.3k
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Greetings all; in my stories my characters exist in my head, but there might be real life inspirations for some of them. Who knows?

~~

Author's note: I know female hysteria isn't a thing, but men in the Victorian Era decided that it was, rather than try to better understand women.

~~

In the near future I traveled to the past.

Ever since Einstein figured out that travel through time was possible scientists have tried to create a black hole and the accompanying wormhole he described, however they lacked a power source that had negative energy density until Artificial Intelligence figured out how to make synthetic exotic matter, and now time travel is a routine thing. People use the technology to go back in time to witness historical events, experience what life was like in past eras, live out fantasies of theirs, go back and observe a past life they lived, etc, etc.

I'd always wondered if I had lived before so I contacted a nearby time travel company and scheduled an appointment with its spiritualist. She looked at my palms and measured the length of my fingers, then with conviction in her voice told me that my spirit had been recycled many times and it last resided in my great great grandfather before it entered me. I passed that information on to the time travel company's genealogist and asked her to find out who my great great grandfather was. She contacted me a few days later and informed me that his name was Moses Johnson and he was born in Georgia in 1859. He graduated from Howard College Medical School on the 27th of May 1881, and arrived in Fredericksburg Kansas six weeks later. He met my great great gram Celeste Washington there, and after they were married they moved to Topeka in 1882, yadda yadda yadda.

I'd always been fascinated by life in the old west and I also thought it would be neat to witness my great great grandfather meeting my great great gram, so I immediately spoke to one of the time travel company's travel agents and had her explain how going back to my past life would work. She said that I would know what my great great grandfather was thinking and feeling while observing him from a third person perspective as he lived his life. I felt comfortable with the scenario she described so I signed on the dotted line committing to the trip.

After I paid for the trip the travel agent gave me a pocket watch looking device that would signal my assigned portal to collapse the wormhole and instantly bring me back to the Transportation Center when the Home Button was pressed. Then I stepped into a transport portal and it roared to life. A second later I felt a puff of air coming from in front of me at the same time I saw a flash of light, and then I found myself seeing the world as my twenty two years old great great grandfather Dr Moses Johnson saw it.

~~

My great great grandfather's first few days in Fredericksburg.

He stepped off the noon train on a Saturday in Hays Kansas and a man called out to him from his left. "Dr Moses Johnson I presume... I'm Thomas Osborn" said the man who'd called out.

"Yes sir, it is," he replied after he located the rather diminutive wiry built white man.

"How was your trip? asked Thomas as he walked towards him while offering his hand to shake.

"Uneventful, thankfully," he responded as he too extended his hand.

"Uneventful is good in this still untamed part of the country," remarked Thomas as they shook hands firmly. Then he turned to his right to introduce his wife Emma.

I'd noticed that she'd been smiling from ear to ear from the instant she saw my great great grandfather.

"Hello Dr Johnson," said Emma with a warm smile as she took a step in his direction and offered her hand to shake, which was proper etiquette in that era if a man and a woman shook hands.

"Hello Mrs Osborn, it's a pleasure," he stated evenly as he approached her with his hand out in front of him.

As he closed the distance he made several observations; she was shorter than her husband and she had a curvey body. Her pleasant looking face was in the latter years of its prime, and her red hair was styled in a single braid that was rolled into a conservative bun, but there was a youthful brightness in her blue eyes. When he grasped her hand he marveled at its softness.

"Thank you Moses... I'm so glad you accepted our offer to spend your first year as a doctor in Fredericksburg," she remarked charmingly, then she stared at their clasped hands for a moment and I thought the sparkle in her eyes got a little brighter when she looked up at him and said, "So tall dark and handsome," and then she paused for a couple of seconds before adding, "You know... I haven't been examined by a doctor since I left Chicago over a year ago... perhaps I can be your first patient."

My great great grandfather looked at Thomas quizzically and said, "I was expecting to only be tending to colored people."

"Oh don't be silly... a doctor is a doctor," stated Emma as she loosened her grip. My great great grandfather followed suit, but when he started to pull his hand away she grasped his index finger and gave it a couple of very quick but provocative squeezes. He acted like he didn't notice her flirting, but his dick throbbed.

Thomas seemed to be oblivious to his wife's mischievous behavior as he said, "As you know I was an Abolitionist, and during reconstruction I joined forces with Reverend John Smith to found Fredericksburg for colored people who wanted to leave the south and live in a town where they could govern themselves. Therefore any white person who chooses to live there believes in equality and they won't care that you're colored, they'll just want a doctor who knows what he's doing."

My great great grandfather had heard that Kansas was safer for black people than southern states were and he was relieved to hear Thomas say that.

"Indeed they won't care," confirmed Emma. "Especially considering that our current doctor isn't a doctor at all, he's a barber and a horse salesman."

"He owns a barber shop, a bath house, and the livery stable. He's done some doctoring because there was no one else to do it," said Thomas.

"I see," remarked my great great grandfather.

"Right then, let's get your suitcase and trunk loaded on the buckboard so that we can be on our way," stated Thomas.

~~

The bumpy forty five minute ride from Hays to Fredericksburg was across empty prairie except for a few trees scattered here and there.

"There's a lot of nothing out there isn't it?" remarked Emma questioningly after glancing back at my great great grandfather several times and observing the expression on his face as he looked at the terrain surrounding them.

"It sure is compared to Georgia," he agreed.

"You'll get used to it," she stated.

"Yes ma'am," he said as he looked at the open prairie to his right and then to his left.

~~

"Well here it is," said Thomas a short time later as the buckboard entered Fredericksburg from the west onto South Street, then we traveled a short distance before turning right onto 7th Street, and finally taking a left onto Washington Street.

"There's Howser's rooming house where you'll be staying for the next year... assuming you find it to be acceptable," stated Thomas as we approached the lane that led to the house.

"I think you'll be comfortable there. It's clean and it has indoor plumbing," remarked Emma, then she smiled before saying, "I refused to leave Chicago until Thomas had built us a house here with indoor plumbing. Now the Town Hall building has it, and so do John and Margaret. George Washington he has it too."

"He's the owner of Fredericksburg bank not the former president," she quipped and laughed at her joke before continuing. "Let's see... who else has it... the Natas and the Hatchers."

A few minutes later my great great grandfather was introduced to Clara Howser. He nodded respectfully at the older silver haired woman as he subtly glanced at her low hanging bosom and slender frame. I thought she had some sex appeal, but he thought of her as his elder rather than taking her female attributes into account. During the short conversation that ensued after he was introduced to Clara he caught her and Emma glancing at him before looking at each other and communicating non verbally the way women do, which made him rethink his initial impression of Clara. He decided that she might still have some life in her.

"Right then," said Thomas who was completely oblivious to all of it. "John might still be at home after eating dinner... I'll introduce you to them if he is, then bring you back here and we can eat too... if that's alright with you,"

"Yes sir, that'll be fine," responded my great great grandfather.

About ten minutes later we arrived at Reverend Smith's house and he and his wife had come outside after Thomas knocked on their front door.

"Hello Dr Moses Johnson, I'm Reverend John Smith," stated the Pastor before Thomas had a chance to introduce them to each other. Then with a happy look on his face the Pastor offered him his hand to shake.

"It's an honor to meet you too Reverend Smith," he responded.

"The honor is mine," the Pastor assured him before presenting his wife Margaret.

"Hello Moses," said Margaret with a polite smile as she offered him a firm handshake.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Mrs Smith," he stated sincerely as he made eye contact with her.

She was a mature plain looking woman, with dark brown skin, good sized breasts, broad strong shoulders, a thick waist, and round hips. Although she was probably twice his age and a pastor's wife I'm sure that the way she looked at him wasn't completely innocent. He noticed it too and once again having an older woman pay attention to him caused the blood flow to his cock to increase.

I was more surprised by Margaret's interest in him than I had been by Emma's or Clara's.

After the introductions and handshakes the group made smalltalk among themselves for a few minutes, then Thomas and Emma took him back to Howser's rooming house and ate dinner.

~~

That evening my great great grandfather had supper in Howser's cafe and a very pretty young woman who ate supper alone caught his eye. She was high yella, with hazel eyes, good hair, and a perfect slender figure. I'm guessing that there was a white branch in her family tree and she sprouted from that branch. Just looking at her made his heart beat faster and he felt butterflies in his stomach. After seeing his reaction I wondered if she was my great great grandmother... if she was, then my great great gram was a looker.

He didn't introduce himself to her because as pretty as she was he was sure somebody had laid claim to her and the last thing he wanted was to hit on her and make an enemy of some jealous man on his first day in town.

~~

The next day he was given a seat on the front pew at Reverend Smith's church, along with Margaret Smith, Emma Osborn, and Thomas Osborn. Reverend Smith asked him to stand while he introduced him to the congregation and told them that he'd just graduated from medical school, then during his inspirational sermon he used him as an example of the excellence that existed in the negro race.

~~

On Monday morning Thomas used his buckboard to carry my great great grandfather and his trunk filled with medicines and medical supplies to the Masonic Hall where his office and pharmacy would be located. Thomas then wrote a check for him to draw money from the town's account in Fredericksburg Bank. He used the money to have his name painted on a sign outside of the Masonic Hall, and to have a carpenter build a four drawer desk, two chairs and an examination table that could be converted so that a patient could lay down or sit up. He also bought a horse and a buggy.

~~

The following Saturday evening the same woman he'd seen eating supper in Howser's cafe the previous Saturday ate supper there alone again. He stole glances at her, but he still didn't say anything to her. She was the only woman he'd showed interest in since he arrived in Fredericksburg, so I was thinking that it was even more likely that she was my great great gram.

~~

He went to church again on Sunday and sat with the Osborns and Margaret Smith. Emma had that same sparkle in her eyes that he saw the first day they met, and he caught her glance at him several times during the service. Before she left church she made an appointment for him to examine her the following Tuesday. He suspected that she was up to something that would put him in trouble because she was a married white woman, but he didn't know what he could do about it and I could feel his stress.

~~

My great great grandfather sees his first patient... Emma Osborn.

The following Tuesday morning he knocked on her front door at nine thirty AM. She answered it wearing a white cotton nightgown and her red hair had been unpinned so that the long braid hung halfway down her back.

"Good morning Moses, it's so good to see you," she said with a cheerful smile on her face.

"Good morning Miss Emma," he responded as his eyes were drawn to her pink nipples which were faintly visible through the thin nightgown. Seeing them caused a predictable stirring in his loins.

"Come on in," she added as she backed away from the door. "Did you have any trouble finding the house?"

"Uh, no ma'am, you gave good directions," he replied.

"Good," she said. "So where would you like to examine me?"

"Um, uh," he said as he looked at the settee and the kitchen table. "You can sit in one of those chairs," he suggested nervously while nodding towards the chairs at the table.

"Yes of course," she replied while smiling at his shyness.

After she sat down he took her pulse and used his stethoscope to listen to her breathing, then he asked for permission to touch her breast with its chest piece before he listened to her heart.

"Uh, um, everything sounds fine," he stated after listening to her heart for a few seconds. Then he asked for permission to examine her lymph nodes, to which she agreed.

After gently touching her neck and along her collar bones he remarked, "Very good, now I need to examine your breasts for a lump or a mass."

"Of course," she replied happily, then she quickly unbuttoned her nightgown down to her navel, which allowed it to part to the extent her large breasts spilled out. When he saw them his mouth dropped open and he stared at them for a second. Emma looked at the expression on his face and smiled before saying, "Go ahead and squeeze them, they won't burst."

I could tell that she was having the time of her life while he was sweating bullets as he nervously side-smiled for a second, then he tried to recall what he'd read about the procedure as he began to press her breast with the tips of his fingers. He was trying to concentrate on finding a lump or a bump, but he couldn't completely ignore how good her ultra soft flesh felt and the result was his cock and balls began to swell.

At the same time he was getting a hardon I was looking for signs that she was getting turned on too. Sure enough as she intensely watched his fingers touching her creamy white skin her neck and cheeks flushed, her nipples shriveled like large raisins, and her breathing became shallow.

"Okay, they're fine," he said after checking both of her breasts. "Now I need to check your stomach."

"Shall I go lay down?" she asked and bit her bottom lip.

"Um... yes," he responded, although the thought of examining her while she was lying on her bed nearly naked made him even more nervous than he already was.

"Good," she replied, and then she grinned mischievously.

Rather than laying flat on the bed she propped herself up with her pillows and unbuttoned her gown further down.

"You don't need to do that," he said, but she ignored him and parted her gown, which either purposely or accidentally exposed a few of the red pubic hairs along the top of her bush.

Though he was professional as he examined her he was a bush man like me, so while he gently pressed her stomach he couldn't resist peeking at her hair down there, which resulted in his erection extending to full mast.

Meanwhile the flush of Emma's neck and cheeks deepened as she looked at his hands gently pressing her stomach. After watching him for a moment she spoke barely above a whisper saying, "Your dark hands on my white skin looks so erotic." Then she closed her eyelids and bit her bottom lip.

He glanced at her face for a second while continuing his examination. "Everything is fine," he announced after finishing the procedure, then he took a couple of backwards steps and breathed deeply to help him compose himself.

She remained propped up on her pillows and let her nightgown stay open while she eyed my great great grandfather. He forced himself to look at her face while he asked her if she had any questions or concerns she wanted to discuss.

"Do you mean do I have questions or concerns about my female parts?" she asked with her eyes sparkling again. "That was always the last question my doctor in Chicago would ask after he finished examining me."

"Um, yes... that's what I meant," he confirmed and I could tell that he was hoping she'd say that she didn't have any concerns.

However, he didn't get his wish, because she smirked mischievously as she said, "Yes Doctor... there is something bothering me."

"Okay," he responded with an apprehensive tone to his voice.

"I think I have female hysteria," she stated cheerfully.

"You do?" he asked.

"Yes... I feel a tightness in my lower belly... I have juice in my quim, and I'm feeling sexual desire, she replied with a suggestive expression on her face. "And since I'm a civilized lady during the time we're living in, I'm not permitted to have carnal cravings lest I have hysteria," she added sarcastically.

I recognized the word hysteria right away, but it took me a moment to remember that it was a quack theory that existed before modern medicine, and it was used to explain various behaviors in women including causing them to want sex.

"Hm," was all my great great grandfather said.

She continued to smirk as she added, "Since female hysteria is considered a medical condition it's up to my doctor to relieve the congestion in my womb." Then she looked at him suggestively.

He had heard hysteria mentioned in lectures about conditions that effect females, but it had more or less been mentioned in passing because it was considered to be a condition that only affected upper class white women, therefore the professor hadn't given the class instructions on bringing a woman to orgasm.

He also didn't have much sexual experience even though he'd had intercourse with a woman. He'd fucked her without ever seeing between her legs much less massaging her there, so even if he wanted to masturbate Emma he didn't have any idea how to do it and the last thing he desired was to look like an incompetent doctor by rubbing her pussy the wrong way.

"Will you do it for me?" she asked with a playful pout.

"Um," he said, then he clenched his jaw.

When she saw his reaction her expression turned serious before she said, "You don't know how to do it do you... didn't they teach you how to do it in medical school?" she asked. When he didn't respond she added, "They didn't did they... well I'll show you how to do it. Then she bent her knees and spread her legs before reaching for his hand and pulling it towards her crotch.

My own jaw dropped open when she did that.

At first my great great grandfather didn't resist as she placed his hand onto her hairy pussy, but after he let it stay there for a moment he abruptly said, "I can't do this, I'm a colored man in America in 1881... I'll get strung-up if I get caught messing with a married white woman's honeypot."

"Thank you, because that's exactly what I was thinking,"I said to him even though I knew he couldn't hear me.