All Comments on 'A Tiny Slip Ch. 02'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I am speechless

While I am happy that my prediction of a few saviours turning up was right, I am shocked and speechless at this great and brilliant and edge of the seat conclusion. Hats off to the tributes to the Fictional characters and their authors and your ability to match their ability to visualize, and put into words and bring all of it together over the last few yards. Pleasure reading and hope to continue reading what you write. Sheer genius!

tranzmanytranzmanyover 7 years ago
Short but sweet!

I regret that I but only have five stars to give to this story. I am on the edge of my seat, thank you for putting me here in this position!

dapidapiover 7 years ago
Major Cliffhanger

How does IC get out of this one? Please don't make us wait too long for the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I don't see.......

Finis. ... for now

It's the definitive "Finis" ?

I don't know but in "Pale morning light" Don thinks:

"Carole and Bowser were inseparable, and would remain so for the next fourteen years until Bowser would finally pass on of old age..."

It's important ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Climax at its best.

A chapter to conclude and explain all clues and strategy is eagerly awaited. Hpe it will be a little long. Anticipation of more follows...................

Thank you for this treat.....

Not a single chapter left for reading

BTW predicted sinon and COC both correctly and very happy to do so,

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
500 ft

Welll, the CoC commits suicide, a death I did not forsee, but he put the IC between a rock and a hard place.

There is however an escape possible: landing on an airstrip at an altitude equal or greater. The question is, has the chopter enough fuel aboard. Otherwise the IC can go as high as possible, bail out of the chopper and do a piggyback landing with an experienced para, which is possible, but takes a courage (as we know the IC has guts enough), but is ther a para who can pull of this trick and will risk his life. Or, and a more plausible answer is landing on a skyscraper of over 500 ft high, but any lower and build on a hill for a positive displacement will also do.

I think the media will have a big time, going after the CoC and his gang, Bastille-days are ahead because lots of heads will roll...

Thanks for the story WW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Long Life

In one of the earlier stories, Troy said he would spend 30 years in the same office.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
Congrats...

... to those who got the Secret Passage to the Sanctuary right... but I don't think anyone (except Cindy) saw the Baptismal Pool, which was needed because all the Sanctuary doors were rigged.

As to the altitude, the helicopter had to stay in radio contact with the church, or else the bombs would go off. Ergo, the chopper could not fly away, and there's no place high enough to land. It was, to me, the best 'Reichenbach Falls' that I could think of.

katranmankatranmanover 7 years ago
Another winner

Nicely done as usual WW. I had the escape route figured out (not the baptismal pool part) and I knew the helicopter would wind up being important when it was not disabled earlier.

From previous stories we know the IC will survive to tell the tale. How it's accomplished is always the fun part!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
good stories

5 starrs again...and again...and again

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
WHAT EVER

What ever happens please do not stop posting more stories of the IC and his "Crow-bar angels". We know he will get out either jumping into the lake. Serious now he could drop the bomb, do a tandam onto a fellow para, as we know he has his wings. I lost my chute on an op once and caught a lift with one of my team members, not for the faint hearted but it works. WW will have thought this out and has stated more than once about future events, and his gay captain wants to have the IC in a very sexual way. So IC has to live and fight another day. Another great story WW. Worth far more than five stars.

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
Well

I doubt that the chopper has AGL equipment so let's assume that the bomb is tied to sea level. 500 feet above the church is easy, hell, he could just go to the Cabin and land. As long as Cindy and the stragglers are in the underground passageway they are safe. Maybe even the cemetery on the hill is 500 feet higher than the church. I'd set it down. He's a helo pilot, he knows that. It's gotta be more complex than that......

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
"The whole screen flashed bright green"

But no mention of a flash or bang

off-screen, or explosion...

I sure hope that the author pulls

another rabbit out of the hat;

I fervently hope Don is still among us.

AND, I'm sooo happy that the

C of C monster aka Pastor Westboro is

finally dead as a doornail!

About time!

Great Series! Thanks, WW !

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 7 years ago
Just about time to calibrate the altimeter-

set it to +600 feet and set down. should have enough time to get out of the chopper before the Consultant's charge blows the crap out of the Consultant's body. When will we have the next installment of the continuing adventures of the Iron Crowbar?

covenant_mancovenant_manover 7 years ago
You and your darn cliffhangers... :)

What a place to leave us! Can't wait to see how Don gets out of this mess.

He anticipated every move that was going to be made, I can't help but wonder if he already had something worked out for the bomb in the helicopter. He had solutions in place to keep Julie from escaping, to keep his wife, kids, and lovers all safe. He knew the situation at the church and had already arranged for the boys to show his officers the secret passage. Ahead of Westboro at every step, I suspect he was ahead of him with regards to the bomb in the helicopter as well.

Can't wait to find out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Mrs. Veasley is up to something!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great cliffhanger!!!

But the IC has everything planned even more so that the COC, I think that the IC has a way out, that is unless WW hasn't told us the truth. I remember in one of the chapters IC said he would be in his office for the next seventeen years. Now it's not been seventeen years so he has a plan, just don't know what it is. At least I hope I'm right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

I cannot wait for the next series as "A Tiny Slip" was the second series of the promised trilogy, following "Along Came A Spider". And I cannot wait to see who else falls with the now dead Pastor Westboro.

As far as how Donald Troy gets out of the helicopter there are several possibilities:

1. The rigging of the bombs and the timer was not as well done as the Consultant of Crime believed them to be, &/or Elizabeth managed to get one of her guys into a position to be the bomb tech, intentionally doing a lousy job. (This scenario of a faulty bomb is the most likely based on Don's observations of how the bomb was rigged to blow.)

2. The Iron Crowbar is wearing a parachute in or under his coat and will call on his airborne training to jump from the helicopter as it explodes.

3. The Iron Crowbar uses his trench coat to help parachute him into the lake jumping from the helicopter as it explodes.

4. The Iron Crowbar uses Pastor Westboro's body as a cushion and/or a flotation device as he jumps from the helicopter just before it explodes. He removes Westoro's body using his red crowbar. (Probably not enough time to pull this scenario off.)

5. Some other way that my mind cannot currently invent to write down

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Re Anon "Great cliffhanger!!!"

Case of the black badge

......Finally! this office was mine! I thought exultantly. It felt absolutely right, even though I had no idea why. But it was mine now, and I was not giving it up. And I had no way of knowing at the time that it would be my office home and I wouldn't be giving it up for the next seventeen years...

madmaniacmadmaniacover 7 years ago
Part 3?

Will there be a part 3 to this story, because you didn't end it with finis for now as per usual.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Waiting

I realize that in torture there is in most of the time not the physical part that breaks the tortured person, it is the waiting between the sessions with pain that will ultimatly break a persons resistance or will.

There is a fine line to maintain, just enough to break him, and not enough to make him insane. Once broken he will confess to everything, just to be free of pain; while insanity will give him the power to endure everything while laughing, but the aftermath is worse because he can not be reintergrated within the society of people.

WW does this in this chapter with the CoC, who kills himself while thinking that killing himself will also kill the IC in the end, but in generating a cliffhanger that tortures the readers as well.

Well, may be there is a solution not yet envisioned, a net between two helicopters to catch the IC when he bails out of the helicopter, which he set on autopilot to hover, if that is possible with modern helicopters. This was tested for catching capsules from space after a succesfill reentry, but never done in practice, but in stories anything goes as the author wants it to go.

-- Herman Grootaers

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow, what an ending to the CofC

Well, that's a way to both wrap things up and leave the readers hanging.

We don't know how many people got out of the church. We are all wondering if/how the IC gets out of the helicopter.

Given how much WW has written about the Airborne, my thought was the IC has a parachute or some sort of device that would allow him to bail out of the copter and avoid the explosion and survive.

Personally I want the crooked politicians and allies of the CofC to be crushed and humiliated - we can only hope.

WW, thanks again for such an enjoyable ride. 5+

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awesome job of story telling

from eg34904 ,,,, I get a kick out of the nuts, that like to voice their opinions about your writing talents WW's, yet haven't writened the 1st one themselves. So far, yours is the best I have come across, over the years on this website, I enjoy reading your tales of IC, and am anxious to see the next chapter show up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More IC please

What can you say but 5 + stars. We want more. Thanks for the great stories and keep writing. Thanks again WW

Jim2156

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Didn't like the cliffhanger when it came

I would have instead cut the chapter after IC gave Westboro Ned's drug - because as it was, bloodthirsty me says the Consultant didn't suffer nearly enough for all the hurt he caused. I could wait to see how that resolved, but not knowing if the IC lives or dies (and we know he's heroic enough, like Holmes, to sacrifice his live for the people in the church) - that's agonizing. But I believe, that similar to J. K. Rowling, WW won't kill off his hero. So the only question is how?

Like others, I did figure out the escape route from the church (except for the baptismal pool) and I also guessed that Laura and kids didn't die. But I don't know how Westboro could be a reverend yet be responsible for so much evil - an utter contradiction. I just hope Satan has a special place in hell for Westboro and his ilk.

luv2read2

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

How on earth does he escape?

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****That was a very exciting chapter with a cliffhanger ending!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
2172 Followers
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES