A True Connection

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm okay, still missing my best friend."

"It's only for another five to six months, and then...well, who knows."

"You are coming back," Sicily says, looking at her friend.

"That's the plan, Sis, but nothing is set in concrete. We don't see us staying here, and Ryan doesn't see himself working at MCT after he's got his degree."

"So, what do you plan to do, Ryan?"

"Oh, I thought I would stay at home and live off Rose's money," he says with a smirk.

Sicily looks at Rose first, and then when she sees her friend smiling, she looks at Ryan. "You," she says, and everyone laughs.

"Ryan has the gift of making money from the stock market."

"Stock Market? He can't make that much, can he?"

Rose looks at Ryan, and he just raises his eyebrows. "Well, let's just say from five hundred pounds, he's made six figures and rising."

Sicily's eyes doubled in size. "So if I give you some money, would you be able to make me rich?"

"I wouldn't make the same amount because I do some speculative investments that I wouldn't do with others, but I can double whatever I have within a couple of months."

"And would that continue to double if I left it with you?"

"I guess that's what I did with my money to start with."

Sicily sits there. "Okay, if I give you a grand before I leave, we will see."

"Sicily," Rose says, exasperated.

"Come on, Rose, if he's a fraction as good as you say, it will let me get away from the bank of Mum and Dad. Then I wouldn't have to explain why I need something."

"But how are you going to get a grand?"

"I have a couple of grand in my bank for the build-up to Christmas. I rarely spend any of it. So how about it, Ryan?"

"Fine, I can run it alongside my account, but you will have to pay any taxes. I don't want to get into any of that."

Sicily smiles. "Great, I'll go to the bank in the morning. If you do make me some money, then you could go into business on your own. A lot of us girls have money to spend but would like some independence."

"Not sure I want to deal with that pressure and the time to deal with a lot of small accounts."

"Maybe you could lump them together into one business account. Get people to invest at a set time, and then after each six-month cycle or a year, you can give everyone the option to withdraw some or all of their money and start again," Rose says.

Ryan nods his head in thought and then puts Sophia back down and goes to get his coat off. The girls are back decorating when he walks back in. Ryan doesn't offer tea because they both have glasses of wine.

Ryan and Rose will be travelling back home for Christmas, but Rose wants to spend the entire holiday with Ryan's family. Clare isn't happy, but Ryan has invited her to spend any day she wants with them. Clare says that their parents have not taken the news well. This will be the first Christmas that Rose has not spent with them. So they don't just turn up at Rose's; Ryan's mum and dad have invited them to stay there for the Christmas holiday.

Christmas is more magical because of Sophia. She is spoiled from every direction. There is a steady stream of people coming to the house. By the time dinner is served, there are twelve people there who have been either invited to stay when they came around, or had been asked before Christmas.

Sofia is the centre of attention and is loving it. Several of Rose's friends have come around, and even Clare manages to get away to visit her niece. Everyone that has turned up doesn't stop smiling, and they are all having a great time. They ended up staying for dinner. Many haven't had a family Christmas in years, if at all ever, and are overwhelmed with what they have experienced.

On New Year's Eve, Ryan's mother has planned for Ryan and Rose to get a night out together. She has arranged for them to have dinner in an Italian restaurant run by an old friend and to spend a night in a hotel in town. It's the same Restaurant they had at Bella's eighteenth.

"What do you want to do now?" Rose says as they sit with their coffees at the end of the meal. Ryan gazes into the pair of beautiful eyes that are gazing at him, full of love.

"Fancy a dance?" A smile spreads across Rose's face, and she nods.

As they walk up to the familiar sight of Fever nightclub where they fell in love, Ryan looks at Rose. "You think we can get in tonight?"

Rose smiles. "Just watch; my fame does have its uses." They walk to the front, where the doorman sees them coming and makes a clear path for them to enter.

"The girls are already inside," he says to Rose. Rose looks at Ryan and raises her eyebrows.

They leave their coats at the check desk. Ryan can't help but eye his girlfriend up and down. Rose smiles as she sees his interest in her. She takes his hand, and they walk in.

Ryan sees a number of people looking their way, and then Sicily comes almost running around the corner as we walk in. "Rose," she calls when she sees her friend heading towards her. The friends embrace, and then she hugs Ryan before taking Rose's hand. "Come on, girl," she says excitedly.

"I'm going to get the drinks in," Ryan calls. Rose looks back and smiles. "Usual?" He asks, and she nods.

He gets to the bar. Tonight, there's no one he knows behind the bar, so he waits to be served. "What can I get you?" The bar person asks.

Ryan orders his and Rose's drinks. "Do you know what the table over there is on tonight?" He asks.

"I wouldn't bother, mate," the guy says. "You won't get anywhere with that table."

"I'll take my chances," Ryan says. The guy shrugs and starts putting a tray full of drinks together. Ryan waves his card and heads off.

As he walks toward the table, Ryan hears, "HEY, RYYYAAAANNNN." He looks over and sees Kevin with Karl, two girls, and a guy he doesn't recognize. Ryan nods and quickly takes the tray to Rose's friends' table.

He leans in and says something to Rose. "Just going to say hi to some friends," he says. Rose nods, and he grabs his bottle and walks around to his school friend's table. "Hey guys," he says as he slides in next to Karl."

"Hello mate, long time no see," Kevin says.

"Yeah, I've been stuck up the smoke a lot. Back to spend Christmas with the folks," Ryan says.

"Did you notice Rose Macintosh is in," Kevin says.

"Yes...."

Before Ryan can say more, Kevin says. "Your dance with her has been a hot topic here since."

"What, this is the guy who danced with Rose Macintosh?" One of the girls asked.

Ryan looks at her, but Karl interjects. "Yes, he stabbed me right in the back. Just as I was making progress."

Kevin looks at Karl. "Ignore him; he's been spouting sour grapes ever since. What made it worse is that she disappeared from the face of the earth not long after." He takes a drink when there's an awkward pause. "Sorry mate, this is my girlfriend, Gene, and the lovely lady there is her sister, Kiera, with her boyfriend, Dre...Guys, this is our old school friend Ryan Lock."

Ryan raises his bottle to the girls. "So Ryan," Gene says. "What happened with Rose Macintosh?"

Ryan was just about to open his mouth when he felt someone slide in behind him. "I took him home; he changed my life by making me fall in love with him and made me pregnant. I spent the next two years hating him before we bumped into each other at his sister's eighteenth birthday dinner, and he once again changed my life. We've been getting to know each other ever since," Rose says, smiling at Kevin.

"You've got a child together?" Kiera asks.

"Yes, a little girl named Sophia," Rose says.

Ryan could see Karl finding this conversation hard. "Karl, are you alright mate?"

"Can I get out," he says. Ryan and Rose get out of his way, and he walks off.

"Bozo doesn't look too happy," Rose says in Ryan's ear. "I'm surprised he didn't already know."

"I guess he's still not got a grasp on reality when it comes to you," Ryan says.

Ryan slides back in and introduces Rose properly to Kevin and the others, and they chat for a while before heading back to Rose's friends. "I like that, Kevin," Rose says as they walk back.

"Yeah, he's been a good mate over the years," Ryan returns.

The night goes by in a flash, and Ryan dances with Rose as well as Sicily. At midnight, Rose kisses only Ryan as the new year is rung in. By two, both have had enough and make their way out of the club.

Ryan and Rose are snuggled up in bed in the hotel. "Baby?"

"Mmmmm," Ryan replies.

"Are we going to have another baby?"

Ryan is stunned at the question, and he lifts his head. "I guess that's something we need to talk about seriously. Do you want more kids?"

"Yes, but you are the only man I can have any more children with."

"Okay, not that I don't think you are wrong, but why?"

"Because I vowed to only ever have children with one father. So-So will not have half brothers or sisters."

"Okay, you won't get any argument from me," Ryan says, grinning.

Rose laughs and hits his arm. "You got sex on the brain."

"Do you blame me? I'm in bed with the most beautiful woman in the world, and she constantly gives me my horn."

"Christ, we are going to have hundreds of babies," Rose says.

Ryan laughs. "How many do you want?"

"You know, I don't know, but I would like a little Ryan."

"Okay, Rose. I think we should make us more official, though."

"Ryan Lock, are you asking me to marry you?"

Ryan gets up and walks out to his coat. Rose thinks she's either blew the moment or he's going to get down on one knee, but then Ryan walks back in. He takes hold of both of Rose's hands.

"Rose, I know that our relationship is still developing. Since we have rekindled our relationship and been back together, I have concluded that there is no one else for me. What I would like is to give you this." He opens the box, and inside is the most beautiful ring Rose has ever seen. "This is a token of my intent. I promise with this ring to show you that I am dedicated to you and only you. My intentions are good, and when I finally graduate, I will be asking you to be my wife."

Rose was speechless for a moment. Ryan starts to get a worried look on his face before she smiles and says, "Yes," Rose finally says. "I agree that we are early in our relationship, but I also know that you are the one for me. I think you are wise beyond your years, and once you graduate, I will hold you to your promise." Rose looks down at her ring. "You know that I will be getting you a ring so I can put my claim on you."

"I expect it," Ryan answers.

Once they are in bed, they consummate their intention for each other, and light begins to show behind the curtains before they settle for a short rest before returning to Ryan's mother's house.

Rose has had the best Christmas she has ever experienced and is sad to leave the Lock's house. They travel back to London the day after the new year, and Rose feels more relaxed than she has ever felt. She sits in the passenger seat of the Range Rover, watching Ryan drive. She can't believe she thought so badly of this wonderful human being. She is totally in love and already knows that one day they will be married.

******

Ryan goes to his Friday morning classes before leaving for the city. As he walks onto the fourteenth floor and heads toward him as he makes his way to his station, he's sure people are looking his way for a reason. It might be in his mind, but normally, everyone ignores him.

He sits and tries to log into his account, but he seems to be blocked out. He tries a second time and is more careful with his password, but again, it won't open.

"Ryan, can you come to my office please?"

"Yes, Mr. Mahoney," Ryan replies.

Ryan gets up and walks into Mr. Mahoney's office, which dominates and oversees the floor.

"Sit down a minute, Ryan," Mr. Mahoney says as he picks up his phone. "Can you tell Mr. Macintosh that Ryan Lock has just come in?"

He puts the phone down and sits. Ryan has got his phone out and messages Rose quickly. 'Your Dad is in the building and wanted to know when I arrived.' He puts the phone back in his pocket and smiles when he sees Mr. Mahoney looking at him. "So what's this all about, Mr. Mahoney?" He asks to break the silence.

Mr. Mahoney's phone rings. "Okay, we'll be right up," he says. "Come on, Ryan, Mr. Macintosh wants to meet you." They make their way to the lifts. Mr. Mahoney takes his pass key out and puts it in the lift's control panel before pressing the top floor button. The doors close, and the lift moves and doesn't stop until the top floor. Ryan gets his phone out and checks if Rose has answered. He then opens the sound recorder app. The doors open to a wood-lined reception. The receptionist smiles at Mr. Mahoney, but then her expression changes when she looks at Ryan.

"You can go straight in," she says.

They walk in, and Ryan instantly feels uncomfortable. He presses play on the sound recorder and then keeps the phone in his hand.

"Close the door on the way out, Samuel," a middle-aged man says to a man with a number of folders.

"Yes, Mr. Macintosh," He says.

"I guess that answers that question," Ryan says to himself. Ryan looks around the lavishly decorated room. He notices a woman who looks like an older version of Clare, Rose's sister, sitting on a sofa.

"Mr. Lock," Rose's father says to him. "Where is my daughter and grandchild?"

Ryan decides to play with him a little. "I'm sorry; who is your daughter and grandchild?"

For a moment, Mr. Macintosh has doubt flash across his eyes, and he looks at his wife. "Stop playing the fool, Ryan. Where are Rose and Sophia," Mrs. Macintosh says in a more authoritative voice than her husband.

"At home, I suppose. Unless they've gone out," he answers. "But that's all you are getting from me. It will be down to Rose to contact you, which, from what I gather, she's reluctant to do."

"What nonsense have you been feeding her?" Rose's mother says. "Very well, you want to play this game; I suggest you tell us now, or you will find our games not to your liking."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Macintosh, I will not tell you where Rose is. If she wants you to know where she is, Rose will be the one to tell you."

Mr. and Mrs. Macintosh look at each other. "Very well," Mr. Macintosh says and nods to Mr. Mahoney. Mr. Mahoney walks to the door and leaves. What seems like a lifetime but was around five minutes, Mr. Mahoney comes back in with Emily Clarkson and two other gentlemen.

Emily is looking a little worried. She knows that this will kill any chance that she might have had with Ryan, but like a lot of selfish people. If she can't have him, then Rose certainly can't.

"Mr. Lock," Mr. Mahoney begins. "It has been brought to our attention that accounts have been disappearing along with the money that is in each account." Ryan stays silent. "All the accounts were on your list of accounts. These gentlemen are from the London Metropolitan Police force and are investigating the missing money." Again, Ryan stays silent.

The two men step forward. "Would you come with us, Mr. Lock?"

"Am I being arrested?" Ryan asks.

"Umm, no, we just want to ask you some questions."

"Then I will have to decline your kind offer."

"Ryan, don't be stupid," Mr. Macintosh says. "If you get arrested and charged, you will never work in the financial district again."

"I can live with that, but it is a criminal offence to fabricate an offence or bear false witness. If I am arrested, I warn you that when I get out, I will sue your company--also Mrs. Macintosh, as the father of your granddaughter. Alienation of me could lead to alienation of your daughter and granddaughter."

"I doubt that," Mrs. Macintosh says. "We control her money." She nods toward the two police officers.

"Mr. Ryan Lock. You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions. Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you."

Ryan smiles. "I don't think you know how much trouble you are in," Mrs Macintosh says.

"I don't think you know where your daughter's money is," Ryan shoots back just before he is escorted out.

Mr. Macintosh walks over to his computer and looks for his daughter's account. He then gets on the phone. "David, where's Rose Macintosh's personal investment account?"

"It was closed a couple of weeks ago, Mr. Macintosh. She's transferred it to MacBride's."

Mr. Macintosh looks at his wife. "I think we've just lost our eldest daughter."

"Not only that, Mr. Macintosh," David says. "You've just lost the best natural talent to walk out of your door since your brother left."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that we let him oversee one hundred and twenty accounts. All the accounts were showing red when he started to invest. All but five are now green, and the other five would have been in a week if he hadn't just walked out in handcuffs."

"Why am I just hearing this now?"

"You were told, but you were too busy plotting with Emily Clarkson to manipulate someone you thought was below you. I'll let you know this now. If he stays within the money markets, the company he works for will outperform you and cost you more than a few clients."

"My question is, have we all the evidence to put him away?"

"Yes, sir." Mr. Macintosh puts the phone down without hearing the last part. "But if he is half as smart as he is good at investing, he would have copies of all his transactions."

"Elizabeth, do you think we are doing the right thing?" Mr. Macintosh asks.

"Don't wimp out on me now, Gareth. I must admit that not having her money to manipulate her is a blow, but we have Ryan where we want him." She takes a sip of her coffee. Her eyes then settle on Emily. "You've risked a lot today. What makes you think he will want you now?"

"He won't. Since I have been working with him, I have come to realise that he isn't interested in me at all."

"The man is an idiot; you are a beautiful young woman," Elizabeth Macintosh says.

Emily laughs more to herself than anything. "Yes, but Ryan only sees what's on the inside, and the truth of it is that if I can't have him, then your precious Rose can't either."

"She will grow tired of him soon, and then she will be back. We have already found his replacement," Gareth Macintosh says.

"Who've you got this time? The last three all seemed to crash and burn after the first date."

"Thomas Winters."

"Thomas Winters? Well, I can tell you even before you start that he's a no. Do you remember Tash?" Both Rose's parents nod. "She hooked up with him at Oxford, and something happened that involved a date rape drug and his friends."

"That was just malicious gossip," Elizabeth scoffs. "Anyway, he's from a much better family than Ryan Lock." Even as she says his name, she sneers.

"Not in Rose's eyes." Emily stands. "I better get back downstairs. Will I see you before you leave?"

"Oh, we won't be going anywhere until this is sorted," Mr. Macintosh says.

"I'm sure Rose will see sense when she hears about Ryan's arrest," Emily smiles from the door and then closes it behind her as she leaves.

Ryan walks into the police station with the two detectives. "Afternoon Sarg."

"Good afternoon, gents. This is a rare honour; what have you got for me?"

"Mr. Ryan Lock. We've arrested him on suspicion of theft."

Ryan gave his name and address but only the HMO's address.

"Can I make a phone call, please," Ryan asks. "I want my lawyer here for when I sue the police force for wrongful arrest. Do you realise what damage this could do to my career?"

"Should have thought of that before stealing all those people's money," the sergeant says.

"Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Ryan hits back.

He's handed his phone, and he rings Rose. "Hey, baby.....No, not good. Your parents got me arrested. Can you get me a lawyer down to the South Street station?"