All Comments on 'A Viper's Nest Ch. 05'

by VioletOrchid85

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is fantastic story telling! I'm truly enjoying the series and look forward to reading the next installment. Even with all that's happened to John he's staying human. I enjoy the rest of the non John parts of the story. The matriarch with her steward along with her independent school of thought compared to the other vipers, Milsi & Thissa were a lovely read in this installment.

I'm looking forward to reading about the Vulpine ambassador in the future. Keep it up VioletOrchid85

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid85over 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comment. As someone who is not used to receiving comments, when I do get them, it makes writing worthwhile.

Lupine Ambassador I think you meant :P

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just binged these stories and I thoroughly enjoyed them! Looking forward to the next installments!

x_apathyx_apathyover 2 years ago

Would be cool if somehow John ends up with Ema :D

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love this story please keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

**Devours part 5.**

"Please, can I have some more?"

Best ongoing sci-fi there is here at the moment. Bound to be one of, if not the best, stories of 2022.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid85over 2 years agoAuthor

Careful with binge reading. I read all of SnekGuy's stories on here at the start of the Pandemic. Had square eyes by the time I was done :P

I will be honest and say that the original plan was for John to end up with Ema, however, as the story has evolved it has moved away from that. Don't forget, she has her steward now.

Thanks for enjoying it.

If there's a competition where people suggest the best stories on this site, feel free to submit mine. I'd love to be able to write every day for as many hours as I want. However, until such time as my Patreon makes X money for me each month, I'm currently stuck with 3-4 hours on a weekday.

Wolfknight6856Wolfknight6856about 2 years ago

Please continue this story

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid85about 2 years agoAuthor

@Wolfknight6856 - Chapter Six is underway, most of the writing will probably take place over the weekend, hopefully have it uploaded before next week.

MaesackMaesackabout 2 years ago

I hope you keep this book going. Its fucking amazing. I suggest you put it on Kindle, if you are able to, once you get a full book.

I see so many things forming too. Keep it going, my friend.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid85about 2 years agoAuthor

@Maesack - Thanks.

I have no plans to stop writing, I just don't know when it'll stop, lol. What I do know is that assuming the story goes a certain way, I now know what happens at the end. This is good because when I start Book Two, I know what one part of the story will be about.

When this story is finished, my plan is to research how to convert it to ebook formats. My Patrons will get it for free and others pay. I will hopefully have a full-time job in a few weeks time, so I will then be able to commission a suitable front cover for the book. I will then be able to start commissioning character portraits to be made.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good, keep it up

abiostudent3abiostudent3about 2 years ago

I'm enjoying this story quite a bit... you need an editor, though. There are some pretty clear mistakes that another set of eyes could catch. One tip for you or any writer reading this is to print out the story and read it out loud to yourself. You'll feel silly, but it uses a different part of your brain and you'll catch SO many more grammar errors that way.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid85about 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for letting me know, perhaps I'll get one when the story is done.

JAFCriticJAFCriticabout 2 years ago

Is there any significance to the colors, patterns, or bio illumination patterns for vipers?

Is this how they determine matriarchs?

Is there a difference between male and female colors or patterns?

I’m trying to draw what a viper may look like from the various character descriptions. Something you may want to consider in writing humanoid/animal hybrids and is how it translates into physical interactions between human and alien. Here’s an article for your consideration https://fantasy-anatomy-analyst.tumblr.com/post/635565190837075968/final-post-on-digitigrade-humanoids-and-then-i

I’m aware that this is nitpicking and probably overthinking things. But if a story consists of a few scenes, then no real details are necessary. But longer tales need more a thought out approach or run the risk of losing some of your readers. This is meant as constructive criticism and not a ranting complaint.

There are plenty of writing resources online you can search for. One of my favorites is mythcreants. If I come across sounding harsh, please let me know

Thank you and respectfully,

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid85about 2 years agoAuthor

@JAFCritic

There's nothing wrong with your comments, I like reading them.

Here is a link to the picture I used as reference material for the Twins, Taki and Zoki.

https://www.reddit.com/r/scalieporn/comments/u9hkok/snake_titty_f_anges/

Think of the Vipers as a multi-coloured race of anthro snakes/Vipers, that evolved two legs, a long tail, two arms with clawed hands, and a large hood that can come in different sizes/shapes. Much like humans can have different skin colours, Vipers have different scale colours, and the same goes for their bioluminescence.

Matriarchs are predominately the tallest Vipers, however, some Vipers from certain bloodlines are also 9ft tall. Nowadays, Matriarchs are determined by specific bloodlines, and to stop inbreeding, new bloodlines are added to get new males. Think of it like a reward for years of service or something like that. Exceptions to some of what I've said is albinos who have no bioluminescence, and some bloodlines only have certain colours (Captain Ema's family all have obsidian black scales, no secondary colour other than black or very dark grey, and they only have purple bioluminescence).

You aren't nitpicky, so that's okay.

If you look at my profile, you'll see a link to my discord, there I could send you my reference pictures.

Also, considering that you are thinking a lot about my writing, have you spotted any of the Easter Eggs that are scattered throughout the story?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVioletOrchid85@VioletOrchid85
I am a male author from the UK. My favourite genres are Fantasy and Science Fiction. Border Station Five is the rewrite/edit of what I have written so far of A Viper's Nest. The reading order for Border Station Five is Ch.01, Dear Diary, Ch.02. Going forward I will make su...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES