All Comments on 'A Wedding and a Funeral Pt. 04'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
SensualFanSensualFan6 months ago

Great story. Your characters are really easy to see doing what they do and feeling what they feel. That is difficult for a writer. Dialogue may be the toughest thing to write. When we speak, there is so much nuance from tone, tempo, volume that can get lost in writing. You are able to capture much of that. I have but one small quibble. After the day with Emma, the decision to try with Saoirse makes sense and feels good. I know she discussed it with Annalisa, so the reader gets the logic and emotion beheind her decision. Yet, I woud have liked to have been privy to her conversation with Saoirse, Without that, the ending felt a bit rushed, albeit a feel good conclusion. The earlier conversations with Saoirse were so good that I would have loved to hear how they processed events and made plans. As I said, a minor quibble, actually more just a feeling that I missed what would have surely been a rich scene in your sure hands. Well done. Up to your normal standards, which, for me, are among the highest here. You are one of the elite writers here.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon6 months ago

That was one of your very best stories. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I am left in two minds about whether, as a friend, Emma should have had sex with Sandra. I'd love to read Emma's story, and find out her thinking.

toesucker1toesucker16 months ago

I was rooting for Sandra and Saoirse, so this ending made me happy. The complicated relationships and characters in the story were compelling. Well done.

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds5 months ago

Agree with toesucker1. A beautiful story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous