A Year in Brooklyn

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just a poor choice of words, Sergeant."

"Chole, after I'm in Oakland and if your mother permits you, come to San Francisco, and you can find me at the Military Examination and Entrance Station.

Aftermath.

When I left, I drove to Teaneck, New Jersey, and connected with interstate 80 running to San Francisco. I made it across the bridge to Pennsylvania before the tears began. I pulled into a rest stop and cried until I was empty, and my heart started to turn hard. Chloe never contacted me, and I reluctantly returned with my wife and accepted a position in Reno, Nevada. Four years later, we divorced.

Now that I am approaching death, I am wiser and can see my life much clearer in retrospect. Chloe was one of the old souls who touched my life so briefly and taught me to love. The question of why me, what did I teach her and why was I chosen to see her, and why did my granddaughter, born of two fathers, the other old one who I believe is Chloe, take such a twister path to reach me? Why?

12