Across a Crowded Room

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mum replied, "It's just not like Constance to not tell us what she's up to. It's nice to meet you too."

"Kirstie introduced us yesterday evening and I have no idea what happened, but there was something about her. She must have felt the same. I've never done anything like this before and I'm stunned, but I can tell you that I'm in love with Connie."

Sarah smiled, "Well, that's pretty fast. It took the two of us eighteen months before we became a couple and we'd known each other for more than thirty years. Give yourselves time before you do anything crazy."

Olivia laughed, "I agree with Sarah, but she's one to talk. She and Hayley became a couple and got married eight months later, she was only twenty."

We sat and had coffee, chatting. We told Nicole more about my sisters and Sarah reported that she'd heard from Chloe who might be home soon because she was doing some filming for a documentary.

"How did she get into filming?" Asked Nicole.

"The people doing the filming knew of her from the documentary."

"Documentary?"

"My sister was called elephant girl for a while. She was with Sarah when she was making a wildlife programme. I'll tell you all about it later."

"Are you going?" Mum asked.

I blushed a little, "We're spending the day together, going for a walk and..." I hesitated.

Nicole took over, "I'm going to knock her on the head later and drag her back to my lair."

I slapped Nicole. "That's not funny." I turned to face Mum. "I know that this is not the daughter you recognise, but I'm spending the night with Nicole and will be back later tomorrow."

*****

We walked along a path by the river watched ducks and swans and were chased by some cows. There was enough sun for us to have a beer and crisps on a bench outside a pub before we walked back to the car holding hands and stopping occasionally for a kiss. There weren't many words. I felt so close to Nicole and knew that I was in love. It had been less than twenty-four hours but I knew that this was very special. I was about to tell her when she spoke. "I know I've already told you this but I've been analysing things since we left the pub." She stopped and turned to face me holding both of my hands in hers. "I love you, Constance Churchill, I know it sounds crazy given how long I've known you, but I do and we're special. Please tell me how you feel."

I leaned forward and kissed her. When I pulled back, I spoke, "I was doing the same thing and about to say exactly the same thing. I love you too." I kissed her again, then we carried on walking and I felt all warm and happy, very happy.

*****

On the way home, we stopped for a takeaway Chinese meal and ate it on the sofa of her living room as we watched the news and a game show on television. Once the plates were cleared away, we cuddled and it didn't take long before we were wrestling our clothes off and making love on the sofa.

Later she attacked me in the kitchen and slid a couple of fingers inside me as I was making tea. I came stirring the drinks and nearly dragged one of the mugs onto the floor. We ended up giggling.

I'd drunk half of my tea before I said, "Don't want anymore, I want you, can we go to bed, please?" She took my hand and lead me to the bedroom.

I pulled my clothes off and threw myself on the bed shouting, "I want to lick you and make you come."

Nicole turned and almost tripped as she tried to remove her skirt in too much of a hurry, "But I want to do that to you, now."

"Oh dear, there's only one way to solve that problem."

"What's that?" she asked as she flopped down beside me.

"Sixty-nine?"

"Good plan." She swivelled and we moved until one set of my lips made contact with hers and I inserted my tongue as she did the same to me."

Sunday evening

Leaving Nicole's flat had been hard, but I needed to read over some files for the following day, I needed clothes and a longer conversation with Mum and Sarah.

The house was empty, so I unpacked, did some laundry and made a mug of tea. They arrived a few minutes later and Sarah promised that she'd have dinner ready in thirty minutes. I took off to start reading the files.

I got back to the kitchen just as dinner was being plated, a chicken stir-fry. Sarah looked up, "That was good timing, I was just about to call you.

"Thanks, Sarah, this smells good." I sipped a cold beer and tasted the food; it was just what I needed. "It tastes good too."

Mum nudged my elbow, "Don't tell me, you hardly ate all weekend, too busy doing something else?"

I blushed, "We ate well, but I haven't had anything since croissants and coffee with the newspapers this morning."

Sarah grinned, "Young people these days, not like that in our day."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, partly puzzled and partly angry.

"I was joking, but thinking back to when I was your age and I'd just met someone I'd fallen for, there wouldn't have been much paper reading going on." She grinned.

I put on a haughty look, "We're not all sex mad." They both stared at me and the blush this time turned me a bright red. They laughed.

"Do you want to tell us all about it?" Mum asked.

"I don't know what happened." I paused, "That's not accurate, I know exactly what happened, I'm just not sure why..."

I ate some more food and they waited. "This is going to sound like a cliché, but I saw Nicole with Kirstie on the other side of the room, I thought that she looked stunning. She looked over at me and when our eyes met something happened to me and as I now know to her as well."

Sarah put her fork down. "I saw her with Kirstie, only briefly, but she was and is stunning looking. On Friday night you were looking pretty good yourself, more understated beauty than her, I don't think you know just how attractive you are."

"Thanks, Sarah, that's kind. We seemed to just, I don't know, mesh, gel and wanted to talk somewhere quiet. We decided on the pub but it was full and noisy. Nicole suggested her flat, I agreed and went along. I felt safe, maybe I was naïve but..."

I ate a little more. "We had wine and chatted, talked about ourselves. She's an orphan, her Mum died when she was thirteen and was in care. She has no one, her story could not be more different to mine. I had everything; love, guidance, money I suppose. I know it was awful when Hayley and Karen were taken from us but there was still a loving family and my sisters." A tear ran down my face and mum wiped it away.

"There's no need to be sad over our situation, as shitty as it was it's turned out okay. It seems that Nicole has you now and if she has you..." It was mum's turn to look weepy.

Sarah said, "What Liv is trying to say is, that if you are with Nicole, then she has us now, as well."

I couldn't speak, these were two of the kindest people on the planet and they weren't just saying words, they meant it.

I put my fork down and took another sip of beer. "I may as well tell you, we kissed and ended up in bed three hours after we'd met. I didn't know that it could ever be like that, it blew my mind. It did the same for her. It was amazing, it felt so right as if it was destiny. I have no idea what came over me, I'm not like that or at least I didn't think that I was. I've never felt so connected to anyone like this, except Charlie and Chloe obviously and even then, it seems different somehow."

"You have it bad." Laughed Sarah in a kindly way. "We'd like to get to know her better."

"I need to get to know her better, but you're right I have it bad. I'm almost twenty-seven and I'm behaving like someone else."

I cleared away the plates and excused myself to finish my reading. I went to bed early and thought about Nicole. Despite having a great deal of sex during the day, I missed her, I wanted to lay beside her, to touch her, to kiss her. I was off in another world when my phone pinged with a message. It was simple; 'Missing you, love you.'

My reply was almost as brief: 'Miss you too, love you too, see you tomorrow night.'

*****

I worked hard on Monday so that I had no time to think about the woman who'd captured my heart. Then, five minutes after finishing time I grabbed my coat and almost knocked people over as I raced to my car.

I ran up the stairs and bashed on Nicole's door. It opened before I'd finished. She grabbed the lapels of my coat, hauled me inside, slammed the door and hugged me at the same time as she planted a huge sloppy kiss on my lips. That morphed into a passionate kiss which I returned and I melted again. I was where I wanted to be, in her arms.

When she eventually released me, we cooked pasta and sipped red wine. We talked about our day until we finished eating and then sat on the sofa staring at each other. I felt like an adolescent as I looked at her.

"What did your mum say when you got home?"

"I told them what happened and explained how I felt about you. I was honest, as honest as I could be without it turning pornographic."

"And?"

"They were supportive, they asked about you. I told them about you and how different our lives had been growing up. They'd like to get to know you. Would you come for dinner tomorrow? I promise they'll be kind."

"If you and I are to be a thing I need to get to know them."

"Are we to be a thing?" I asked.

"I hope so Connie, I'm mad about you. I want to get to know you and for it to last a long time."

We talked for another hour until we started kissing. Things moved fast, the passion went crazy, and we moved to the bedroom with great speed and purpose. Clothes flew across the room until we were naked facing one another, she was quite beautiful. We kissed again, this time it was gentle and she manoeuvred me onto the bed.

I didn't want to stop kissing her, so I slid my hand along her thigh until I was able to get a finger inside her. I heard her make some stupid noise and then her hand moved over my belly until she reached me and I felt her work a digit inside. We came quickly, the moaning and sighing meant that we had to pause kissing. But I loved kissing her so much I started again.

Nicole in the lion's den

When Nicole arrived at the house on Tuesday evening, she seemed okay, which was more than I was feeling. Yet again, I was shaking with dread.

We walked into the kitchen holding hands. Sarah offered Nicole wine, which she accepted, and promised that dinner would be ready in ten minutes. I took her to my room and showed her where everything was. She had two bottles of wine in her holdall and took them back to hand over to Mum.

The first few minutes were tense until Sarah spoke, "Nicole, this seems awkward and it shouldn't be. Olivia and I want to get to know you better and for you to get to know us. I'm sure that we're going to ask questions, maybe even be nosey, but please if we make you feel uncomfortable, say so. This should not be an interrogation."

"I understand," She took my hand. "We do need to get to know each other and so I'll answer any question you have but first, I'm in unchartered waters here, I've never felt like this before, I love Connie and..." She paused, "I promise you that I'll always be truthful to her and never hurt her intentionally."

Nicole told us about her parents, childhood and care, pausing only to sip her wine. She gave more details than she'd given me and there were some tears accompanied by quite a few gasps from Mum and Sarah.

Olivia topped up the glasses and stroked Nicole's shoulder. "That was very frank. Connie mentioned that your life had been very different from hers. But you seem to have got through that, tell us about your work."

She spoke about her studies and how that lead to what she was doing now. Most of it was a bit complex for us to grasp, but she did her best to keep it simple.

"Now, enough about me. I know what you do... can I call you Olivia?"

"Of course, Olivia and Sarah."

"And I looked you up, Sarah. You've had quite a life; cricket star, voice-over actress, reality tv star and cricket coach. But I know that there has been sadness. I'd like to know more about you both and about the ones you lost. I also want to know more about her sisters who she says are more gorgeous than she is, although I find that hard to believe."

Sarah and Olivia looked at each other and there was a small nod. "The three of us, Olivia, Karen and I...

She talked about their childhood, their friendship and how she went on to play cricket and her first international game. Then Olivia took over and talked about Karen and the relationship between the two of them. They told stories about their adult lives, the kids and the things that we'd done. It got as far as that terrible day almost eleven years ago when they stopped.

Nicole raised a hand, "You've been very honest and I loved hearing all those stories. But I have an idea of what comes next, not the detail and I think that maybe that will keep for another day. When I was here the other day, I saw some photographs and I suspect that they tell the story of your two families, can you tell me who they all are, please?"

We have a wall unit that holds a lot of framed photographs and we pointed out family members long since departed and significant moments in our lives. Nicole picked up one, taken after Charlotte's graduation, it showed the five of us. She studied it and turned to Olivia, "Charlotte looks like you and Connie looks like Karen in the photos of her. The three of them are good looking girls, I need to meet the other two soon, just in case they're better looking than her." She dug me in the ribs and we all started laughing.

The chat had gone on for a while and I was relieved and pleased that Nicole had got along with Mum and Sarah. I started to feel tired and suggested that it was time for bed. I took Nicole's hand and lead her towards my room, it was a bit odd, I'd never had anyone sleepover like this before and was pleased when the bedroom door was closed.

Nicole took me into her arms and said, "That was a nice evening, the two of them are nice. Do you think they liked me?" She looked a bit worried.

"Oh, they liked you alright. They'd never have shared some of that stuff if they didn't." We kissed before getting ready for bed. It seemed strange to be getting into my bed with someone else, other than Chloe and Charlie. "Thank you for being here tonight. I'd love a cuddle but actual sex with them in the room down the hall would seem wrong."

Nicole laughed, "You mean they don't have sex?"

"I'm sure they do, but it's not something I want to think about."

"They care for each other a great deal. It's also obvious that they both still have strong feelings for Hayley and Karen, despite them having been gone for more than ten years."

"We all still talk about them, and miss them." I fell silent before I carried on, "The thing is they would have wanted us to get on with our lives and I know they'd approve of those two being together. Still, it's not as bad as your situation, that's awful and I don't know how you coped."

"I chose to make the best of it and worked hard. It's worked out okay and now I have you."

We kissed for a while, but I was shattered and we both fell asleep.

*****

Mum saw me drop my holdall near the door. "Back to Nicole's tonight?"

I blushed, "Yes Mum and maybe for a couple of nights."

"I understand, but please don't be a stranger and Nicole is welcome here anytime. She is rather lovely, you got lucky there."

"Yes, Mum I did. I have a great family and now I've found someone special. It's early but...."

"But you have a feeling?" I nodded just as Nicole appeared.

We had coffee and toast before we headed off to work.

Life moves along

We spent the rest of the week at Nicole's, quiet evenings, lots of kissing and crazy sex. We took my parents out to dinner on Saturday and spent the night there. When we left on Sunday morning they didn't comment at the holdall and suit carrier I hauled out to the car.

*****

"Nicole, I need to speak to Charlie, is that okay?"

"Of course, you don't need to ask for permission."

I fired up my laptop and connected to the video conference app that I used. Charlotte was expecting the call and in less than a minute we were connected.

"Hi, Charlie, you okay? You look great, nice tan, but you do look tired."

"Hi, Con. I'm fine, we had a game today, then the men played and we had to travel back, so it was a long day. You okay?"

"I'm great..." She interrupted.

"Connie, where are you, that's not our place, unless you've decorated it?"

"No, it's Nicole's flat, that's why I wanted to speak to you." Nicole was trying to stay out of the way, but I looked and beckoned her over before I turned back to the screen. "Charlie, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Nicole." I saw Charlie's mouth drop open and she stared at the screen with wide eyes.

"Hi, Charlotte, I've heard a lot about you. Nice to see you."

"Fuck Connie, what the hell? When did you meet? How long have you been together? Why didn't you tell me?"

Nicole sat next to me as I answered. "This may be hard to believe. We met last week, nine days ago and it's crazy. I love her."

"And I love her," added Nicole

"What's happened to my sister? Have you been hypnotised, abducted by aliens?"

"Nope, just met and clicked," I replied.

"Connie, don't tell Nicole I said this, but girl you're punching above your weight here, she's bloody stunning." She could obviously see that Nicole was sitting right there, next to me and laughing.

We talked for about twenty minutes before ending the call to let Charlotte get to bed.

As I was shutting down my laptop Nicole said, "I like her, she's fun and although she did look exhausted, she is gorgeous, not as good looking as you of course."

I punched her arm, gently. "She is more attractive than me, always has been."

"I don't think so. I fancy girls who look just like you, exactly like you," she started tickling me and I cannot stand that so I squealed in protest. She kept going, "You and you alone, now admit that you fancy me."

I screamed, "I love you; I fancy you, you're gorgeous, please stop, I hate that. I'll do anything, just stop."

She did stop and stared with wide eyes, "Anything?"

"Well, now you've stopped, maybe not..."

"Damn cheat."

"I suppose it depends what you wanted..."

"What I want is you and I naked and then we'll see how things go." I grinned and stood up. I unbuttoned my trousers and slid them down as Nicole did the same with her skirt. When I removed an item she did the same until we were standing facing each other, naked. We moved together and I wrapped an arm around her neck and the other around her waist, she did the same and our breasts rubbed together as we kissed. I still could not believe that something as simple as a kiss could have such an effect on me. It pleased me, it excited me and I loved it. It seemed that Nicole felt the same as the kisses went on for some time before she pulled back.

"I love doing that with you but it excites me and now I need something more because I'm wound up and likely to burst unless you touch me."

I slid the hand from around her waist down her backside, a finger went down the crease of her ass and she shuddered. I moved the hand around to the front and slid it into the junction of her legs and inserted a single finger. Her knees sagged and she sighed. "Jesus, do I have to threaten to tickle you in the future to get you to do this?"

"No, just ask nicely. Tickling might make me stop."

"No more tickles."

We moved to the couch and I moved Nicole so that she sat back and I slid to the floor. I moved a leg to one side and she threw her head back. I reinserted the finger and slid it back and forth as I lowered my mouth and licked the inside of her left thigh, stroking the outside of the right thigh with my other hand. Nicole sighed again, louder this time and muttered something that sound like "I love you" but I couldn't be sure and knew that from every gesture, every word, every look that she loved me in the same way that I loved her.