Adventure of Rekka Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I wouldn't say approve.. It's not a bad plan. Not a great plan. Not even a good plan. It's certainly a plan, though," Larry admitted.

"See? Our resident genius couldn't think of a better plan and stamped it with his seal of approval," Bill said, clapping Larry on the back and nearly knocking him over.

"Sounds more like you're 'bout to get us in a fight again, husband," Rekka said, her tone not displeased. Rekka liked fighting, though she preferred Bill stay out of it.

"Well, probably. I mean, hell, it's pretty much certain. That's a big part of the plan, in fact," Bill replied. "Still, there is some finesse involved, a little more trickery than stealth this time."

Rekka and Tabitha shared that look again, and shortly after Tabitha nodded her acquiescence. She immediately crossed to Larry and wrapped him in her huge paws.

"Don't worry Tabby, they haven't seen anything like my Boomstick before, I'm betting they fall over and start worshipping me as a God as soon as I show them how it works," Larry said, running his hands through the silken fur of her paws.

Bill grinned at Rekka and held his palms up in question. Rekka simply shrugged and grabbed his hands in her paws before pulling him in for a long passionate kiss.

"If you get hurt I'm gonna kick yer ass, husband," She stated after pulling away after a few moments.

"Good enough! The plan is a go!" Bill stated, rubbing Rekka's back and smiling at his captive audience.

"Excuse me, don't we get any say in this plan?" Felix asked suddenly.

"Hell no, you don't get a vote until you survive at least one of my stupid plans or escapades, check your contract," Bill replied, grinning down at Rekka.

"Well, ridiculous as that sounds it does seem fair.. what exactly is your plan?" Felix asked, a worried look on his face.

"First off, we're going to need an army."

-

"How do you know you're using that thing right? It's fucking magic," Larry questioned as they trooped along the deer trail deeper into the forest, Bill waving the Huntstone around in front of him.

"Because I'm a natural when it comes to this hocus pocus crap," Bill retorted, smirking at his pilfered Huntstone.

Larry coughed suddenly, the sound suspiciously sounding like "Bullshit." Bill simply scratched at his temple a moment with his middle finger.

"Anyway, why'd we have to take everyone with us?" Larry asked, looking pointedly at Felix and Helena.

The two seemed to be having trouble walking along the small path while holding hands, but they did not seem comfortable being out of each other's reach.

"Cause if we left them alone Felix would probably get dragged off by some mamono and be ravished, Larry. We went over this, we have to babysit him until we're sure he's not going to end up ruining our healer," Bill replied. "You never play DnD? Always protect the healer and never split the party," he finished.

"Huh, wouldn't have pinned you for a DnD geek," Larry said, a mocking smile on his face.

Bill simply shrugged, saying, "What can I say, I'm a complex man. Plus it's more fun than poker and you can drink budweiser while fighting dragons." Larry sighed at the mention of beer.

"You fought a dragon, husband? Wow! That ain't easy, they're real tough," Rekka exclaimed, beaming up at Bill.

"Damn right, never mess with barbarians," Bill replied, puffing up with false pride.

"Now, what we have here is your standard adventuring party," Bill stated pointing at everyone in turn, "Tabitha's the tank, Rekka's the DPS, and Helena's the healer. You with your stupid boomstick are the wizard, and Felix is the useless NPC porter."

"Huh, wizard. I like that.. and don't call the Boomstick Mark I stupid," Larry muttered. "And what does that make you then, huh?"

"Me? I'm the plucky comic relief," Bill replied, sharing a grin with Rekka.

"So you're kind of like our mascot, sure. Don't split the party, huh? Then why'd we leave them behind to check out the town?" Larry asked, gaze still fixated with avarice on the glowing crystal.

"That was scouting, it's completely different than splitting the party. Besides, Rekka was watching the dependents. There's no better guardian than her, trust me on that. I needed you there because I'm pretty sure I can outrun you if we got attacked," Bill replied, waving the Huntstone about and making satisfied sounds.

"Whatever, man. I'd kneecap you and leave you to the friendly natives. Just let me see that thing before you get us all lost," Larry said, slinging his ridiculous cannon over his shoulder and reaching for the Huntstone. Bill handed it over, still confident they were heading in the right direction. Larry looked it over for a few seconds, figuring out its workings fairly quickly.

"Huh, no surprise here. You have this thing set at about a kilometer. We'll be searching these woods for days," Larry said as he clicked the silver dial down to a much lower setting. Immediately the Huntstone lit up as bright as Bill had ever seen it.

The wind took that moment to shift, blowing into their faces. Tabitha's tail puffed up as she stared into the surrounding trees, causing Larry to take notice, grimly unslinging his gun and expecting trouble. Rekka simply chuckled and stared into several conspicuous bushes.

"Whoa, anyone smell bacon?" Bill asked, his stomach growling.

The bushes around them rustled and out popped several women. They were doing their best to dress like Mad Max extras; all leather, buckles, and exposed skin. If this world had cars they would undoubtedly be wearing tire tread shoulderpads.

It didn't escape Bill that they were well armed, mostly large stone hammers and the occasional jagged stone-tipped spear. Glancing down at the smirking Rekka he decided they probably weren't in much danger, but he wasn't going to rule it out. He knew Rekka didn't worry much about losing a fight.

Stepping forward with his hands raised to show he was unarmed, Bill took a closer look at the mamono. They looked remarkably human, although they were each plumply curved and well endowed. The only truly odd thing about them seemed to be their ears. Large floppy pink ears folded over from the sides of their heads.

Something about their mannerisms bugged him. They looked decked out for a fight and yet they were fairly timid and unsure despite the fact that they outnumbered the group nearly three to one.

"Ladies, hello. I think you're just who we were looking for," Bill said with as much charm and confidence he could muster while surrounded by armed babes straight out of Heavy Metal magazine.

"Why are you looking for us?" the closest one asked, stepping up to Bill and lowering her weapon. Abruptly the woman made an odd noise, completely derailing his train of thought.

"Wha..? Did she just oink?" Bill asked, turning to look at Rekka questioningly. The strangely porcine mamono took the opportunity to pinch his butt, causing him to jump back a bit.

Rekka just laughed and nodded, moving beside Bill and gently pushing the larger woman back.

"Sorry sister, he's mine. Go find your own before I find out if you taste as good as you smell," Rekka stated, her playful tone carrying a steely hint she wouldn't abide any further poaching. Bill gingerly moved behind Rekka for protection.

"Okay. What about the little one?" Mrs. Piggy asked, unperturbed. Another woman from the back of the pack called out, "Ask about the pretty one!"

"Hey! I'm not that small," Larry snapped, before a concerned look crossed his face. "Hey, who's the pretty one? Felix? This is bullshit.." Tabitha simply chuffed and hooked her tail around his waist, placing her paws on his shoulders possessively.

"Wait, pretty? Me?" Felix asked, confused. Helena blushed and shuffled closer to him.

Bill only chuckled, shaking his head before saying, "Sorry ladies, we're all accounted for. Don't worry, though. I think we can help each other and come to a mutually satisfactory arrangement."

There were concerned muttering and outraged oinks from the assembled women, with some disagreement about the meaning of mutually, before the lead woman spoke up, "Why? If you're not here to mate or fight, then why did you come?"

"Well, I'd like to explain that to your leader first. Unless you're it, of course," Bill replied.

At his question all the women appeared downcast, shuffling their feet and letting out mournful oinks.

"Our leader was hurt. Hurt bad fighting men at the stone place. Maybe dying," she said finally.

"Oh! If someone is injured, please take me to them, perhaps I can be of help," Helena spoke up, moving forward with Felix at her side.

"How would you help?" the pig woman replied, giving her a skeptical look.

"She's a unicorn, stupid! Just look at her, she can heal! With magic!" Rekka snapped, indignant.

Bill patted Rekka on the back, trying to hide his grin. Clearly she was protective of the pretty little healer.

"That's right, if anything can be done Helena here will be the one to do it," Bill said, happy to help but happier still to have some leverage over the next step of the plan.

"Please! Follow us back to camp. No time to waste!" she pleaded, another oink squeaking out her distress.

"Lead the way, we'll follow," Bill replied, waving her on.

The entire squad turned as one and began jogging down the deer trail, oinking their excitement.

The party followed them at a short distance in order to discuss the situation.

"Let me guess, werepigs?" Bill asked Rekka.

"Nuh uh. They're orcs, there ain't no werepigs I know of," Rekka responded.

"No fucking way. They're pink. Hey Larry. Those pig girls are orcs," Bill said, pointing out the curlicue tails of the marching women.

"What? That's bullshit. They're not even green," Larry scoffed.

"That's what I said! What gives, Rekka? Orcs are supposed to be green, with huge muscles and jutting teeth," Bill demanded.

"Nuh uh! Orcs is pink, all piggy too," Rekka replied, "You guys don't know anything. Maybe you're thinkin' of ogres. They're green, and they got muscles almost like Tabitha."

"Green ogres? This place is getting everything wrong," Larry grumped.

"Yeah, where we're from orcs aren't pigs. They're big tough war criminals with axes and spiked shoulder pads. They damn well don't oink," Bill complained.

Bill and Larry spent the next few minutes bitching their disappointment and demanding the orcs change their name to werepigs. Rekka kept rolling her eyes and laughing, clearly enjoying the men's only half-serious arguing.

"Your stupid world don't even have orcs. Those girls are orcs, that's all there is to it," she stated, grinning up at Bill.

"Well, that's a fair point I guess. Still, after we heal their boss let's see if we can't convince them to change their name," Bill replied, grinning back.

"Ok, they ain't too bright. It could work," Rekka said with a laugh.

-

In short order they arrived at the orc camp. The place was a sty. Bed rolls and crooked tents sprawled in every direction, with several smokey fires placed to no regard for safety. The orcs that had remained in the camp were sitting forlornly, singly and in groups, talking quietly and occasionally looking toward a much larger, more luxurious tent. The orcs perked up upon the return of the hunting party, and several shocked oinks were heard when they saw the group of newcomers.

The men were the center of attention, though thankfully they weren't rushed by the platoon of orcs. In fact they seemed almost intimidated by them, and looked to the tent as though for comfort only to have their expressions fill with sadness.

Bill stole the initiative and began his usual attempt at charm, "Hello, ladies, it's a pleasure to meet you.."

Helena abruptly moved forward, her four legged stride determined.

"There is simply no time, Bill. Please, take me to the injured party so that I might render aid," she demanded, her professional tone confident as she looked to their guide.

"Yes! Follow, please!" the orc responded, quickly rushing towards the large tent. Helena swiftly followed and disappeared inside the tent.

"Right, well.. Follow her, everyone. Protect the healer, don't split the party. Keep an eye on Felix, don't need him being dragged off into the bushes," Bill said, following after the unicorn. Felix groaned and jogged ahead to catch up to Helena.

Ducking through the open tent flap Bill found himself in near darkness, the small fire pit near the center of the tent giving off a low red glow. Letting his eyes adjust he found himself in an opulently, if messily furnished boudoir. Many rugs and chests lay scattered about, their contents overflowing with stolen goods which ran the gamut of expensive looking jewelry to sealed packages of food and supplies. The entire affair gave off a flea market feel.

The heady smell of bacon was much heavier in here, and Bill's stomach growled despite himself. Larry and Felix looked suddenly uncomfortable, glancing about and adjusting the crotch of their pants when they thought no one was watching. Tabitha's tail was twitching slightly and she moved closer to Larry, placing her paw on his back. Rekka pressed in close to Bill's side, causing him to wonder briefly why everyone seemed so touchy feely. Rubbing Rekka's back he peered about the room.

He noticed Helena's horn was lit up slightly, and wondered about it. He'd only seen it do that when she was healing, or very happy with something. It seemed unlikely the latter would be the case. She seemed to be acting normally, moving to the cot and peering down. Bill breathed in the scent a little more deeply, but finding no ill effects on his part. He'd ask about it later, likely Rekka knew something but hadn't bothered to share, so it probably wasn't a big deal.

Towards the rear of the tent was a large cot overflowing with furs, blankets and quilts. Bill was fairly certain there were a few tapestries in the jumble. Pillows were stacked up and overflowing onto the floor, scattered about haphazardly. Oddly, there was a large object behind the cot which looked a bit like an anvil with a long bar sticking out of it.

The owner of the cot was cloaked in shadow, the only thing Bill could make out was a limp arm that was holding something in its hand. Moving closer he found it to be a stuffed boar doll, well used and missing an eye with many old stitch marks about its fuzzy body.

Leaning around Helena, Bill got his first good look at the occupant. The woman was in terrible shape. There were badly stitched wounds over most of her upper torso, including her left eye and cheek. Her abdomen was absolutely swathed in bandages, with spots of blood seeping through in many places. It looked as though she'd caught a rocket with her stomach. Bill drew in an involuntary hiss of breath, shocked by the damage the woman had endured and still managed to cling onto life. This drew the attention of Helena, in full professional mode.

"Bill, Tabitha, Rekka. I need you to hold her down as I cannot suppress her pain. The damage is simply too extensive, and we must act quickly. She is fading fast," she ordered before muttering, "Oh dear, I have never seen such injuries."

Bill gulped, then nodded to Rekka and Tabitha as they shuffled around to get in closer to the cot. Without words they sorted themselves around the poor woman, Tabitha using her great paws to hold onto her shoulders. Rekka wrapped her paw hands around the woman's ankles, applying pressure, her face a mixture of pity and concern. Bill grabbed onto the woman's wrists, placing them at her sides, careful not to dislodge the stuffed boar she held onto. Trying not to notice the fresh blood on his hands he looked to Helena and nodded.

Helena sank to her knees, awkwardly shuffling her rear legs before placing her hands above the woman's bandaged abdomen. She began to sing softly, her horn glowed far brighter with a soft white light. Bill blanched and swallowed back the urge to vomit upon seeing the wounds clearly.

A few moments passed when suddenly the woman jerked her arms in Bill's hands, nearly lifting him off the ground. Cursing, Bill hooked his knee under the cot and used all his newfound strength to hold her arms still. Rekka was growling as she wrapped herself around the woman's legs, holding onto the cot with both arms. Tabitha just pushed down harder on her shoulders, locking the woman's torso in place. The cot creaked ominously, and Felix whipped around the back to join Bill in holding one of her arms, uncertain if he was helping but willing. Larry simply shuffled behind Tabitha for safety.

"Jesus Christ, hurry up Helena," Bill gasped, ignoring the glare from Felix. Just then the woman rolled her wrist, the slick blood and sweat on her arm caused Bill to lose his grip. Her hand shot up to grasp Bill around the neck, with surprising pressure making him choke. He'd thought only Tabitha or an enraged Rekka could do something like that to him now. Her one undamaged eye glared at him as she snarled her pain. Rekka yelped with shock.

"Bill! Let go!" She shouted with panicked concern.

Bill shook his head as well as he could, still holding onto the other arm he began to pry at the hand choking him. Surprisingly, Larry abandoned his safe haven behind Tabitha to help tug ineffectually at the woman's wrist. Just as Bill started to see stars the woman gave out a sighing breath, slumping into the furs with her arms falling limp.

Bill coughed, drawing in a heaving breath as he fell onto his ass next to the cot. Rekka immediately knelt down next to him to check over his neck, almost beside herself, growling her concern.

"It's ok, beautiful. I'll be fine," Bill rasped out, patting her on the arm as he panted. His voice was strained, and there was a visible outline of fingers slowly fading around his neck. He was going to feel that tomorrow.

"There. The worst is over, and we are nearly finished," Helena said in a soft weary voice. "Felix, please remove the bandages. Rekka, I need your claws.. Would you please cut out the stitches so that I might finish healing her?"

Rekka seemed unwilling to move from Bill before he smiled, patting her on the back and struggling to his feet. She smiled back at him then hopped over to begin plucking at the thick stitching around the woman's neck and face. Felix paled and began removing the bloody bandages slowly, worried about what he might find underneath.

"Damn, dude. Thought she was going to twist your head off there for a sec," Larry said quietly to Bill, "You sure you're ok?"

Bill coughed again, rubbing at his throat before answering, "Yeah, I'm fine. First time someone besides Rekka managed to put the hurt on me. Surprised, mostly." Looking over at the shorter man he continued, "I appreciate you trying to help, though. Won't forget that."

"Hey, I need you alive to get me outta this fucked up situation," Larry responded, embarrassed.

Bill just nodded his understanding, and said no more. Guy stuff. He took the opportunity to look over the orc that had guided them so far. The poor woman was a blubbering mess, staring at her leader on the cot with tears streaming down her face, her hands clutched over her mouth.

"Uh, hey. You ok? She's going to, uh.. be fine now. I think. Right, Helena?" Bill asked the weary looking unicorn, unsure how to handle a crying woman in bondage leather with a huge hammer strapped to her back. Maybe the right thing to do would give her a hug, but he wasn't about to open that can of worms.

"Hmm? Oh, yes. I have finished, she will be fine now with rest," Helena replied absently, still kneeling. Bill noticed she was swaying slightly, and the glow from her horn had nearly faded out, leaving them in relative darkness.

"Thank you, thank you! Thank you so much!" their guide cried with an oink of punctuation, rushing over to wrap Helena in a hug. Helena didn't respond, and simply leaned into the woman before letting out a snore. It was a dainty, surprisingly delicate snore, but a snore nonetheless.