Adventures in Swinging - Prologue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Seth and Heather were like a matched set, relaxed, funny, and always at ease with people. Seth's career demanded a lot of his time, but when he was with his family, it was about quality versus quantity. His children had his attention when and where they needed him most. He was a good father, and with Heather's equal devotion, they gave their children every advantage possible.

Both our families got along famously, and our girls babysat their kids on numerous occasions. This brings me to an important point, in fact, the focal point of this story. Seth and Heather are in the swinging lifestyle. Each year they took needed time for themselves, whether on a clothing-optional 'couples cruise' or at a "nude is expected" Hedonism type adult resort. They were private about this aspect of their lives, and to their credit, they never went into detail in all the years we had known them. They said the lifestyle invigorated their love life and kept them balanced as a couple. From time to time, over the years of our friendship, they had subtly dropped hints, suggesting they would like to have Ellie and I join them, but we had never discussed it between us. We were always busy at work or with the girls' multitude of activities, and this indirectly served to deflect their advances.

So, chores complete and freshly showered, Ellie and I headed up the street for a relaxed afternoon through evening BBQ, drink, and swim fest with our best friends. We walked along, me with a nice Pinot Grigio tucked safely in my arm and Ellie carrying her always delicious Texas sheet cake. We moved up their driveway and across to the path that led to their front door. The Barksdale's own a stunningly beautiful one-story, 3,400 square foot rancher. A tall eight-foot, double-sided privacy fence enclosed their backyard, providing privacy for the sweetest 30-foot pool and hot tub combination. I was especially looking forward to the variety of brisk swimming followed by good alcohol, great BBQ, and the powerful jets of their hot tub. They would likely have to pour me down the street to get home. I considered this essential therapy to wipe away a stressful work week.

Two hours after arrival, the girls, having burned through two bottles of wine, found us lounging in our swimsuits on the Barksdale's bricked-in patio. We enjoyed Heather's delicious early afternoon spread. Seth's brisket was expertly crusted, and cooked to perfection, the fat fully rendered to the delightful burnt tips. Doused with the maestro's secret vinegar and tomato base BBQ sauce, it melted in our mouths. Complimented with Heather's superb German-style potato salad, laced with shallots and bacon bits, it was all we needed. We were too stuffed to attack Ellie's Texas sheet cake.

Seth reclined in his deck chair and yawned as he stretched. I caught Ellie staring at him and recalled on more than one occasion when she told me how she found the tufts of hair around each of his nipples and his pronounced pecs a real turn-on. Seth's firm abs and year-round tan indicated a man who took his physique seriously. How he could handle imbibing the prodigious amounts of alcohol astounded me.

Seth took a drink from his highball Paloma he had just made. He looked around the yard and smiled, "Heather, we are so blessed. We have the best friends, a beautiful home, and delightful kids." He paused to reflect and added, "I don't tell you near enough how wonderful you are. I love you." Heather got up from her Adirondack and sat in Seth's lap. She took his face in her hands and gave him a slow wet kiss that could have extended to Sunday without them coming up for air. She tucked her head under his neck, and they held each other tight.

Ellie and I aren't the biggest fans of public displays of affection. Well, at least I am not. Ellie's face glowed in the late afternoon sun, and as I took her expression in, it was clear she had an unfulfilled longing. I sipped my tequila sunrise and winked at her as though to impart silent ditto.

Ellie cocked her head and said, "Is that the best you can do?" She got up from her chair, took my hand, and whispered, "Jare, I have an observation I need to share." She led me into the hot tub and settled into the effervescent water. "Seth and Heather demonstrated the kind of open affection we can and should give each other daily." She drew close and clung to me as I returned the embrace. She looked into my face, "I am not sure, but I feel there may be something to this lifestyle Seth and Heather keep mentioning. All afternoon I couldn't help but notice how tactile and touch-oriented they were towards each other. They go out of their way to tell each other how much they truly value and appreciate one another."

I nodded, "Ellie, I see it too, but they weren't like this when we first met them. It almost seems like it started after they told us they were swinging as a couple. I remember how long it took me to process that fact. My mind is racing right now, probably booze-fueled. Honestly, when I get an image of seeing you being intimate with anyone but me, it scares me to death. I have always been insecure around you and men. I have never been able to believe I deserved you."

Ellie touched my lips, "Jare, you are the love of my life, and nothing will ever change that."

"O.K.," I nodded half-heartedly. "If you are curious and willing to consider this, I need to know more about it. You are always so ready to adapt and change directions. I am in awe of your ability to do that."

Ellie grinned her trademark smile, "Jare, as you have said so often, I am the opposite of you in many ways. You are happily vanilla to my rocky road." She kissed me quickly, and those magical lips melted me.

"We are going to need to set boundaries and limits that protect us as a couple and respect our desires, fears, and insecurities," I warned her. "This will be difficult for me. If we elect to do this, I want you to know how unsure I am about even considering it. If I make this leap with you, promise me we always do this together."

Ellie put her drink into one of the built-in cupholders around the hot tub. She took my face in her hands, "Jare, if we explore this, it will only be together as a couple. We will consider the facts, evaluate the risks, and see if we want to pursue a new, very different level of trust."

I nodded to her. I leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. Her mouth opened, and her soft wet lips nibbled on mine, her tongue darting, teasing, dancing with mine. I could feel her love in that kiss.

12