Adventures of Tess Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Both Simon, sat to her right, and Mr Mooley, on her left, semi-rose as the waiter helped her with her seat.

She waved them down as smiled at the table in general, "Good Evening."

"Simon Hinder," Simon said holding out his hand and smiling at her.

"Tess McFlinty," she returned, as they shook. She thought again what good luck it was that her passport was still in her maiden name. Enabling her to submit her travel documents as 'spinster'.

She turned as Mr Mooley caught her attention, "Herbert Mooley," he said, going one better than Simon as he raised her hand and kissed it, "but everyone calls me Herbie."

"And everyone calls me Tess," she said to the table at large.

Mr Walker introduced the rest of the table and preened when Tess him how beautiful his ship was.

She received an open and genuine smile from the young lady, Lucy, who blushed every time Simon or Herbie so much as looked at her, and a nod followed by a derisive sniff from the older lady who was her mother, and clearly didn't appreciate the competition.

Conversation flowed naturally around the table as they ordered and awaited their meals.

Mr Walker thrilled them all with the tale of how he had started his fleet.

Herbie seemed interested, but Tess noticed him mouthing some of the story in time, so clearly it was not new to him, and the elderly couple both appeared to be dozing.

As the tale ended, Tess turned to Simon, feeling devilish, "And what do you do Mr Hinder?"

She and Mark had been desperate to discover what Simon actually did. He said he was not a policeman, but once again she was helping him to investigate a mystery.

Simon smiled naturally and waved his cigarette in a flamboyant gesture. This distracted everyone while he quickly reached down and pinched Tess's thigh, hard.

"Simon, please," he replied, "and it's nothing very interesting I can assure you."

"Oh, but you must tell us," Tess insisted, subtly rubbing her thigh, "We have such a long trip to make, it can't be that mysterious, surely?" She gave him an innocent smile.

"I mostly push papers around. It's really very boring," Simon told them all, before glancing at Tess with a 'please shut up before you get me killed' look in his eye.

Tess's heart thundered with panic when Mr Walker offered, "It's Whitehall isn't it. I saw you coming out of old Jonty's office one time?"

She knew Simon well enough now to recognize his discomfort.

Whitehall? Oh, goodness, why hadn't she minded her own business?

"Well, yes, that's a good memory you have there Mr Walker. You may well have seen me dropping off papers to old Jonty," Simon laughed, "He's one of a kind."

"And your work takes you travelling?" Mr Walker pressed, "I've seen you on one of my ships before. Was it the Far East?"

Tess saw Simon go very still.

"Oh, goodness," she cried as she tipped her water glass over the table, "Oh, my goodness. I'm so sorry."

The ensuing confusion and re-laying of the table were enough to move the conversation to other topics, and Tess kept herself busy with Herbie and the elderly couple once their meal arrived. Not wanting to cause any more trouble.

When Tess walked on deck she saw Simon, leaning on the rail and smoking. She crossed to him, standing close but not over familiarly close, "That was a lovely meal," she announced.

Simon turned to her, pulling out his cigarette box and offering it to her. Tess nearly frowned and said something silly, but then she remembered that Simon was not supposed to know that she didn't smoke.

"Oh, thank you no. I don't smoke," she told him, and he nodded, replacing the case in his pocket.

Tess glanced around and then risked moving closer, "Simon, I am so terribly sorry. I'm as curious as a cat about what you do, but have I put you in danger by being indiscreet?"

Simon laughed casually, as if she had made a joke, then answered, the easy smile on his face in direct contrast to his serious words.

"Tess, my dear. It seems that I have been careless enough to be recognizable, so by bringing that to my attention, you may in fact have saved my life."

He casually flicked his cigarette into the night, "I'm not in any danger on this ship," he reassured her, before raising his voice and giving her a chaste kiss on the cheek, "It was a pleasure to meet you as well, Tess. I'll look forward to seeing you at breakfast."

He then stepped back, "Goodness, that sounded very ungallant. I do apologize."

As Tess smiled, she heard a laugh from behind her and turned to see Herbie, who had obviously caught the end of their conversation.

"The nature of traveling by sea," he grinned, "We all become fast friends very quickly."

He looked at Simon, "I say Old Chap, may I walk back with you? I was hoping to talk you into Shuffleboard in the morning."

"Shuffleboard? That sounds fun," Simon said, shooting Tess a look that clearly suggested he would rather be hanged by the neck with his own tie until he breathed his last, "Goodnight, Tess."

"Goodnight, Simon," she replied, managing to keep a serene smile on her face, "Goodnight, Herbie."

"Goodnight, Tess. Sleep well."

-X

By 3am, Tess was still not sleeping well.

The gentle motion of the ship was soothing, but her mind was whirling. Did Simon work for the government. What on earth did he do that he needed to travel incognito?

She wished she could talk to Mark about it.

Simon was certainly well connected, and they had joked that he may be a spy. Was that true?

"Oh, Fiddlesticks!" Tess exclaimed crossly, sitting up in the bed.

Simon had said that he was not in danger right now, so she would trust his word.

She pulled on a robe and walked to the door.

She wasn't seasick, but it was stuffy in the cabin and she was starting to feel a little off. Some fresh air was needed.

The robe might not be fully appropriate, but she was perfectly well covered.

Pulling the belt tight, Tess walked onto the narrow deck and across to the railing.

The salty breeze immediately dived in to hopelessly tangle her hair and slap at her cheeks.

Tess took a deep breath and grinned. Oh this was lovely. So refreshing.

She leaned on the railing, gazing into the darkness, and letting the calming whoosh of the waves rushing down the side of the ship calm her.

Yes, she really was going to enjoy this voyage.

A movement out of the corner of her eye made Tess turn, and she saw Mr Walker moving down the deck.

She was hidden in the shadows and stayed still as he passed.

It was the middle of the night and his rooms were not close. What was he doing?

Tess hesitated for a moment as Mr Walker moved further down the deck, and then making her decision started to follow.

Slipping across the deck and keeping close to the cabins. Passing the occasional door or dark entrance, before stepping back into the light.

Mr Walker seemed to hesitate at the end of the deck at some steps. Would he go up, or down?

Tess leaned back into the shadows. Letting out the barest, quickly stifled, squeal as a hand came across her mouth, a strong arm grasped her around the waist, and she was pulled backwards.

Tess found herself held tight against a hard body. Her heart thudded loudly as a mouth came to her ear.

"Just what are you up to Miss, you shouldn't be wandering around by yourself this time of night."

She dragged in air as the hand covering her mouth was removed, "I was, um."

"Looking for trouble? Not even dressed!"

The hands moved to her shoulders, gripping hard.

"No I was, um," her mind raced, "I must have been sleepwalking."

"Sleepwalking?"

She was turned and her eyes were level with a hard chest, the white uniform dull in the night light.

She looked up defiantly, "Yes, I was sleepwalking."

"Or maybe you were looking for me?"

"I most certain was not, oomph!" Tess's denial was cut off as the sailor's lips crashed down on hers.

She was yanked against his obvious arousal, his hands tight on her bum. All of her protests died as he ground himself against her.

Their tongues mated and suddenly her robe was open, and his hands were rough on her breasts.

Tess's hands slipped into his hair, moaning into his mouth as his calloused hands moved lower.

She cried out and rocked against him as his fingers slipped inside her.

He swallowed all of her noises as he took her up and over. Finally releasing her lips as she sagged against him.

Tess felt her robe being pulled back together and carelessly tied.

"There now Miss, that's better isn't it? That's what you needed?"

"Oh, yes," she murmured.

The horny sailor wrapped an arm around her waist and walked her back to the deck, "What's your cabin number, Miss?"

"403," she managed, blinking sleepily.

"Just along here then, you shouldn't wander about, and not near the railings. Not when you are so tired."

"I am tried," Tess admitted with a yawn.

The sailor tried her door and gave her a stern look when he found it unlocked, before gently pushed her inside, "You lock this door now, and stay inside."

Tess stumbled inside and then turned blinking at the sailor, "Um?"

"Goodnight, Miss," he pulled the door closed.

Tess stood for a moment, jumping when there was a sharp tap on the door.

"Lock the door, Miss."

"Oh, yes," Tess hurried forward and noisily turned the key, hearing the footsteps moving away.

Then, feeling slightly bemused, her lips and pussy still tingling, she fell onto the bed and into a dreamless sleep.

-X

Tess was sat in a sunny spot, sheltered by the wind the following afternoon, when Mr Walker approached her.

He asked if he could join her and they both ordered a drink from the waiter immediately in attendance.

Once the drinks had been delivered and they were left alone, Mr Walker spoke, "I assumed that you were sat here for the view," he said, "but you can't actually see from here."

"The view?" Tess queried, taking a sip.

"Of that handsome bit of rough you were frolicking with last night," he chuckled as Tess choked slightly on her drink, before fumbling it on to the table.

"Over there," he told her, nodding his head at the rail that Tess had been sheltering behind.

Tess stood and looked over the rail, holding her hand over her eyes and squinting against the sun and gleaming white decks.

Then she saw, near the front of the ship and a couple of decks down was an area roped off. There was her sailor, in dark blue overalls now, down on his hands and knees scrubbing at the metalwork by the railings.

"What's he doing?" she asked Mr Walker as he came and stood beside her.

"They use a metal brush to rub away the rust and then repaint it. It's a never-ending job to keep a ship as immaculate as I like my fleet to be."

"Looks like hard work," Tess considered.

"It's a hard job," he agreed, then leaned closer, "Your lips still look swollen," he told her.

"Oh, Mr Walker," Tess exclaimed, flustered, "What must you think of me."

He took her arm, "Don't be upset, Tess, come and sit," he led her back to her seat.

Tess took a shaky sip of her drink as Mr Walker watched her closely, "Did he ask to kiss you?" he queried.

She shook her head, looking at him, her eyes wide, "No. No, he was just there. I was going out to get some air, and suddenly I'm being kissed," she sighed quietly.

"Well, it was rather late for a young lady to be walking about unescorted," he told her.

Tess nodded, her eyes on her lap.

"I watched you," he said.

"W-What?" Tess's head shot up; her eyes horrified on his.

"I watched him kiss you. I watched him hold you. I watched him touch you," he licked his lips and moved so close to Tess their heads were almost touching, "I watched him slip his hand between your legs and the way you moaned and opened for him."

"Oh, no," Tess closed her eyes.

"And I watched him walk you back to your cabin and see you safely inside," he leant back in his chair, "Why didn't you invite him in?"

"Mr Walker really, I'm not that sort of girl, really I'm not. I don't have loose morals, but he was so handsome, and it just sort of happened, I got caught up," she buried her face in her hands.

"Do you get 'caught up' often Tess?"

Tess just looked tearfully at him.

"Now, here," he handed her a handkerchief so she could wipe her eyes, "I don't think you're a bad girl at all, Tess, quite the opposite. I think you're quite smashing."

Tess beamed a watery smile at him.

"I think you are a submissive, Tess. Do you know what that means?"

She shook her head.

"It means you enjoy it when men take control, and kiss you, touch you, maybe more?"

Tess covered her mouth with her hand and nodded, "Oh, dear, what shall I do?"

Mr Walker took her hand kindly, "Women are allowed to have needs as well, Tess. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm the opposite of you," he continued, "I'm quite forceful. Like, I suspect, that young man down there."

He felt her hand tremble slightly.

"I would normally have him thrown off at the next port for dallying with a passenger," he squeezed her hand in reassurance when she started to protest, "but I rather enjoyed watching and I think I would again."

Tess's mouth fell open, "You want to watch him with me?"

Mr Walker nodded, looking keen, "I think it would be fun. I enjoy watching young ladies being used by forceful young men, I would very much like to watch. Perhaps if he were to make you helpless, if your hands were tied," he trailed his hand down her arm and Tess could not stop the shudder than ran through her.

Her mind was screaming, 'Yes, yes, yes'.

"That idea excites me," he said, "does it excite you, Tess?"

Tess clasped her hands in her lap and looked down, murmuring an answer.

"What was that?"

"Yes," she whispered again.

Mr Walker leaned forward, "Will you come to my cabin tonight at 10pm, and will you submit to me? Whatever I want him to do with you, you will let him do."

Overwhelmed, her hand covering her mouth, Tess nodded.

He patted her knee like a kindly uncle, "Good girl, I'll send someone to your cabin to bring you up."

Then he stood and finished his drink, "I'll go and have a word," he said and started down to the lower deck.

Tess stood and peered over the railing again, biting her sore lips and watching Mr Walker make his way to the front of the ship.

She saw the young sailor glance over his shoulder and then quickly straighten and stand almost to attention when he realized who had hailed him. Before nervously making his way towards the ship's owner.

She watched Mr Walker talking and the man's sudden step back, his body language obviously shocked. Mr Walker's hands patted at the air, clearly giving some reassurance and the sailor hesitated but then moved forward again to listen intently.

When they both turned and stared up at her, she felt herself blush.

She couldn't see the young man's eyes, but she could feel the heat of his gaze.

What if he wasn't interested?

Then she saw him nod and when Mr Walker offered his hand, he quickly wiped the worst of the dirt off and briefly shook hands with his boss.

Then he watched Mr Walker walk away, before turning again and looking up towards her.

Tess lost her nerve and backed away until she was out of sight, before hurrying back to her cabin.

Nervous, in case there was a banging at her door and a young man in overalls, demanding to know what she was about.

But nothing happened, and before too long the ship rocked her into a doze.

-X

Tess had been quiet at dinner and had been aware of Simon watching her.

Once again she had given most of her attention to Herbie and had been amused at how skillfully he had drawn out of her the details of her family (none), finances (plenty), plans (to be confirmed), and friends (how lovely it was to meet such delightful people on this trip).

After dinner she had been unable to talk with Simon but had sent him a smile that she hoped he understood to mean that all was well.

She was nervous though. Nervous and excited about tonight.

Just before 10pm there was a knock on her cabin door and a steward led her up to the plush set of rooms that the ship's owner made use of when on board.

Mr Walker greeted her enthusiastically.

"I'm so glad you didn't change your mind, Tess. I think you will learn a lot about yourself tonight," he told her.

Tess allowed her hand to shake as he handed her a gin, "I'm so embarrassed, Mr Walker. Perhaps this is not the best idea?"

"Tess," Mr Walker sat and took her hand, "It's the 60's my dear. Women such as yourself no longer have to hide away or be ashamed of their needs. It's a perfectly natural thing."

"Do you really think so?"

"Of course, but here," he took a small silver case from his pocket, and opening it handed her a pill, "Why don't you take this, it will help."

"What is it?" Tess asked, wide eyed.

"It will help you to relax and really enjoy the experience," he assured her.

"I'm not sure."

"Don't be silly, Tess," he guided the pill to her mouth, "be a good girl now."

Tess placed the pill on her tongue and then knocked back the gin, "Oh, gosh. I'm terribly nervous. Mr Walker, may I have another?"

Pleased, he patted her hand, "Just a little one, Tess," he walked to the bar.

Tess quickly stood and retrieving the pill from under her tongue, pushed it deep into the soil of a nearby plant, thankful she was wearing a dark dress to rub her fingers on.

She jumped slightly as Mr Walker came back, "Sorry, my mind was wandering. Oh, thank you," she took the glass and drank again.

"Not too much, Tess. Not too much with that pill."

Tess sat again and sipped in a more ladylike fashion. Mr Walker watching her closely.

After about fifteen minutes of idle conversation, Tess nearly dropped the glass and Mr Walker took it from her.

She blinked at him, "Mr Walker, I really don't feel very well."

"Why don't you have a little rest, Tess. Just lie down here. Before our young man gets here."

"Perhaps I should go to my cabin?" she asked in a small voice, but Mr Walker was already pushing her down, and lifting her feet, "Just a few minutes then," she allowed and closed her eyes.

About five minutes later she felt her hair stroked and Walker's quiet voice, "Can you hear me, Tess?" followed by a harsher, "Good," when she didn't respond.

The clock quietly announced another quarter hour before there was a tap on the door, followed by voices.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I was delayed."

"No matter, you have your duties, that's perfectly understandable" Mr Walker said pleasantly, "What can I get you to drink?"

"Oh, well I really shouldn't, Sir."

Tess peered through her lashes as Mr Walker frowned and turned, "Surely you are off duty now?"

"Well yes, but if something happened. I really shouldn't drink," the sailor said apologetically as he walked into Tess's field of vision.

"Very commendable, young man. How long have you been on board?"

"Just four weeks, Sir. This is my first contract."

"You'll go far with that attitude, yes indeed."

"Thank you, um, Mr Walker, is the young lady alright?"

Walker chuckled, "She's just having a short nap. I gave her a little sedative. She'll be good fun tonight, but she won't remember much of it. How about a ginger ale?"

Tess could hear the concern, "That would be great, thank you. A sedative?"

"Perfectly safe, dear boy. Perfectly safe."

She could hear that Mr Walker was behind her now, fetching the drink.

Tess risked opening her eyes properly and looked directly into Mark's concerned dark green.

She winked and let her eyes briefly roam over the delicious uniform, seeing the concerned frown clear from his face, she relaxed back into her fake nap.

"Thank you," he said as Mr Walker handed him his drink, "So will she wake up for us?"

"Oh yes," Mr Walker said, sounding pleased that Mark was now on-board with the plan, "She'll give us good sport, but she won't be able to remember clearly. No accusations you see."