After Hours at the Mall

Story Info
A normal night for the security guard becomes exceptional.
8.3k words
4.75
15k
30
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PickFiction
PickFiction
1,433 Followers

The following is a work of fiction, and all characters are over 18 years of age.

The setting for this story, as the title indicates, is a large mall. I've never worked at a mall, nor do I know anyone who does. I've made some assumptions about how things work at the mall, which may not be 100% accurate, but they work for the story. If I've made errors in some of these assumptions, I apologize, but they make the story work.

I hope you enjoy the story. Please take a moment to rate it, and leave a comment if possible. I review them all carefully, and they help in future works.

*****

Matt raised his head and squinted at the clock. Ugh. It was already eight o'clock, and he needed to shower, dress, and drive to work as he did five nights each and every week. It wasn't exciting nor fulfilling work being the night security officer at the Westerville Mall, but neither was it taxing or exhausting.

He didn't have to take long walks through his neighborhood to stay fit -- he took what seemed like endless walks through the mall each of those five nights. He didn't watch TV in his apartment since he had plenty of time to watch every night, along with viewing the six security camera screens he monitored. There were actually twenty-four security cameras located throughout the public areas of the mall, and each of the screens monitored four cameras.

Matt took a little too long in the hot and soothing shower, then couldn't find his uniform shirt, and finally dropped his car keys, compounding things by kicking them under the car. When he awkwardly lay on the ground and squirmed to retrieve them, in the manner of the day, he ripped a hole in the knee of his uniform pants. Too late to change, he drove to the mall, sneaked in a side door, and escaped to his office without being seen.

It was 8:57 -- he'd made it. A quick check with the mall management -- no special problems today -- and Matt settled back in his very comfortable chair, ready for a quiet and restful night. At 9:00, he flipped one of the two side-by-side wall switches which locked all the mall doors. No one could enter the mall, but those inside could still exit. At 9:30, he'd flip switch number two, and the mall would be completely secured. If someone wanted to stay later than that, they had to notify Matt.

He checked the six screens, watching the people leave, a few customers racing out after last-minute purchases, but mostly employees of the many stores and businesses. His phone rang.

"Security. How may I help you?" Matt wasn't a "How may I" kind of guy, but that's what the management wanted, so...

"Hi, Matt." A familiar voice.

"Hey, Lynda. You need a few minutes?"

She laughed. "How'd you guess?"

At least once a week, Lynda needed a few more minutes.

"Just fifteen minutes, okay? I'll wave at you when I leave."

"No problem. Take care."

"Thanks, Matt."

Nine-thirty came, and Matt eyed the lock switch but didn't touch it, instead swinging his eyes to the screen that monitored the aisle in front of the Old Navy store. Right on schedule, he saw Lynda exit the store, lock her door, then turn and smile at the camera with a friendly wave. He continued watching as she moved across the mall, switching screens as she neared the door. When she exited, he flipped the second switch. The mall was secure.

Matt usually spent the first hour getting all his "paperwork" ready. It was all on the computer now, but he'd never been able to figure out what to call it, so he stuck with "paperwork." That meant that about 10:30, he'd be making his first tour of the facility, which gave him a much closer look at things than the security cameras were able to do.

He glanced at the clock, and as he was about to stand up, something caught his eye on one of the monitors. He checked, but there was nothing. He sighed but switched pictures on another of the monitors... and there was what he had seen or who he had seen. It was a lady, now tugging on one of the exit doors, fruitlessly of course, since it was securely locked. He didn't recognize her, but that wouldn't be unusual. Still, he needed to check it out and quickly. He reached for his gun but decided against taking it. He had pepper spray if it was needed.

Matt was quickly out the door and down the short hallway which led into the main part of the mall. He danced down the now not-moving escalator and headed to where he had seen the woman. Rounding a slight curve, he saw her standing still, looking around helplessly.

"Oh, thank goodness," he heard her call when she spotted him heading toward her.

"Hi," he said, "and the mall's been closed for quite a while."

An immediate embarrassed look captured her face.

"I know," she replied, looking around, "and I, well,..." She paused, a guilty look on her face now.

"Um, do you work here?" Matt asked, a little puzzled.

"Oh, goodness, no," she replied. I'm just here... shopping." She chuckled. "That sounds kind of silly now, doesn't it?" she said, looking around the deserted mall.

"A little, but the obvious question is, what are you doing here now?"

The lady's cheeks reddened, and she took a deep breath.

"Well, actually, I didn't sleep well last night, so..." She looked away from Matt, then back at him once more. "That sounds like a foolish answer to your question, but I decided to go shopping to keep myself awake, and I made a stop in the lady's room and..."

Matt's turn to chuckle. "You didn't," he said,

More red cheeks. "I'm afraid I did. Sound asleep for nearly two hours."

Matt smiled at her admission. He could just go up and unlock the doors, allowing her to leave. The problem was, if someone saw her leave, he could lose his job for "having a woman in the mall at night." If he had an "incident report" on file, there'd be no problem.

"You in a huge hurry to get somewhere?" he asked.

She snorted. "No. I'll just go home and watch some stupid TV and be up late since I had a nice nap."

"Okay then, why don't you come with me to my office, and I'll fill out a report about this." He turned to head for the office and realized that the lady hadn't moved. That quickly made sense.

He turned back to her.

"I'm Matthew Walters," he said, extending his hand, "the night security officer for the mall."

The lady chuckled again. "I see that from your nametag," she said. "I guess you'll be asking later, so I'll tell you I'm Megan Zalinski." She shook his hand.

The handshake had Matt looking at her more carefully. Short and dark hair, unusual for someone as young as she appeared to be. Vivid green eyes that he had somehow overlooked -- his favorite -- she was dressed appropriately to go shopping which only gave hints about the rest of her. No matter how she looked, he needed to file his report.

"It's just easier to go to the office," he explained. "Otherwise, I'll have to find a pencil and paper, probably in the office, and take down everything longhand, then transfer it to the computer."

"That's no problem," Megan answered. "I was just..."

"I know, all by yourself in a mall late at night, and this guy invites you to his office back in a corner somewhere."

She shrugged. "No reflection on you; it's just instinct." Then she smiled at Matt. "Besides, you're probably way more entertaining than my TV."

"Not sure I can live up to that, but I'll do my best."

He led her up the escalator, along the upper level, and into the small hallway that led to his office.

"Have a seat," he said, gesturing to an empty chair.

"Wow! You can see everything, can't you?" Megan's eyes were moving from monitor to monitor.

"Pretty much. Makes the job easier."

Megan was still looking, seemingly mesmerized by the big screens.

"Which one of them was I on?"

"Well, I saw you on that one, and the cameras are motion-sensitive and only record when there's motion. Would you like to see yourself?"

Standing this close to Megan, he was catching the faint aroma of her perfume, not something that usually happened during his shift. It was very pleasant.

"Can you do that?"

"Sure, it's simple. Let me just do this... now watch on that screen."

"Wow, that's so cool," Megan said as she appeared on the screen, moving toward the door, then shaking it with no result.

They watched her moving around until Matt appeared, and they began talking.

"So, do you watch these recordings every night?

It was Matt's turn to snort. "Lord, no. They record every time I make my rounds, but they're only reviewed if there's some particular reason to review them."

"I guess that makes sense."

Matt sat in his chair, booted his computer, and was ready to begin his report.

"How long have you worked here?" Megan asked.

"Four years."

"Has anything more exciting than a woman falling asleep in a restroom happened?"

Matt laughed. "We had a break-in a couple of years ago. Some guys smashed a big window, but I saw it on the monitor, and the police were here in about two minutes."

"So, you were the hero, huh."

Matt laughed. "I was the only one here, and pushing a button to summon the police wasn't exactly heroic, but I felt good about it." He looked at Megan, who was smiling broadly, those green eyes holding onto him. He wasn't expecting that, and it surprised him. He cleared his throat. "We better start on the report."

"Oh, okay."

He began with a few standard questions, and Megan slid her chair closer so she could see his computer screen.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is this private?" she asked, her head now very close to his.

"Nope. It's just your answers to my questions." Her perfume was now very prominent in the small area, plus, with her sitting so close...

More questions, a few giggles from each of them at the answers, and Matt found himself enjoying this time with Megan.

"Shit," he said suddenly, then, "sorry."

"What's wrong?"

"I need to finish this report, but I also need to make my rounds."

Matt watched Megan nibbling her lower lip.

"You walk around the mall with, well, no people here?"

He nodded.

"May I, um, walk with you?"

That took him completely by surprise. He furrowed his brow.

"Please," she pleaded. "It would be s-o-o-o cool. Not many get to do that, I'm sure, and... please. I told you that you'd be more entertaining than my TV."

Even if he'd wanted to be firm, there was no way he could say no the way she was looking at him.

"It's a little irregular," he said, letting her know what a great guy he was, wondering why that was important.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you," she gushed, grabbing hold of his arm.

He smiled, greedily enjoying the touch of this very attractive lady.

She squeezed his arm and released it, smiling broadly.

"Let's go," he said as Megan jumped up to follow him. "We'll do the upper level first, then come back downstairs."

They walked along together, a bit slower than Matt was used to moving as Megan seemed totally fascinated just looking into the closed and deserted stores. As he watched her, he could tell she was doing some extra thinking.

"So, you've worked here four years?" she asked, looking at him from the corner of her eye. He heard the unasked question as well.

"I have," he replied, then decided to go ahead and tell her. "I have a tiny apartment, just a flat really, in an old house. I think the lady who owns the house felt sorry for me. But that lets me save my money."

Now Megan had stopped and was looking at him expectantly.

"My plan is to go to college, but I didn't want to finish with huge student loans, yanno, so that's what I've been saving for."

"That's so cool," she said excitedly. "What do you want to study?"

"He chuckled. "Well, it won't be easy, but I'd like to be a veterinarian. I love animals."

"No kidding. That'll take a while, won't it?"

"Yeah, I'm afraid so. But, if you want something badly enough, you do whatever it takes to get it."

That brought a smile from Megan.

"I'll bet you wish you had a dog."

"I have a Doberman. When I leave for work, he goes down to stay with Mrs. Watkins, my landlady. He's her alarm system."

"Wow, that's perfect then. And speaking of that, I see all the cameras around out here in the mall. Do the stores have security systems too?" She had turned and was peering in the window of a jewelry store.

"That one does," he replied. "Most of the stores with big-ticket items have them. A lot of the others rely on the mall cameras."

"Seems like a good idea."

They went down the stairs and covered the lower floor much as they had done the upper level. When they returned to the office, she took hold of his arm once again.

"Thank you again," she said very sincerely, her eyes locked with Matts as she again nibbled her lower lip.

"It worked, and I enjoyed walking with you." That was certainly true as Matt has quickly decided any normal male would enjoy being with her.

"It's none of my business, but did you know you have a hole in the knee of your pants?"

"Um, yeah, thanks."

He sat down, ready to finish the report, almost reluctant to do it since its completion would signal her leaving. When he glanced at her, she was staring off into space, almost trance-like. He decided to take a chance.

"Hey, what's going on in that mind of yours?"

A temporary look of surprise crossed her face, but her cheeks pinked as well.

"Uh oh," he said, and her cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. He decided to wait for her to say something.

"Sorry," she said. "I'm just weird." She paused. "That would be too much to ask."

Matt suspected she'd said the last thing to tease him into questioning her further. He was curious enough that she needn't have bothered.

"Megan," he said, "keep going."

She smiled. "You sure? It's really far out, and you've been so nice I hate to push."

"You're blushing again, so of course I'm curious."

"I'll try," she said, but don't laugh. You just said that if you want something badly enough, you do whatever it takes to get it, right?"

Matt nodded, working hard not to smile.

"I have a friend, my best friend," she began as she was digging through her purse. She found her cell phone and held it in front of Matt. "This is her, Emily."

"Pretty lady."

"And she's as sweet, helpful, and loving as she is pretty. But, she's weirder than I am."

"I haven't seen anything weird about you yet."

She looked at him for long seconds.

"I'm getting there," she said softly.

"Emily likes to do, well, daring and exciting things, and not the usual ones. We try to outdo each other, and, well, she's outdone even herself this time.

Against his better judgment, Matt was anxious to hear more.

"So, you need to do something to catch up and maybe even pass her? Are we talking about roller coasters, bungy jumping, or sky diving here?"

"Oh, no," Megan said, giggling. But I do need to outdo her," she added decisively. "I do... and you can help me."

That took Matt by surprise, and the look that crossed his face told her just that.

"Okay, that's not fair," she said, dropping into her chair once more. "I'll just tell you and get it over with. Emily decided she'd, well, flash the world, I guess."

"Flash the world," Matt repeated, his interest piqued. "You mean like, well... you know."

"Yeah, sort of. She had her boyfriend help her. Sometimes she'd wear a long coat and hold it open in some famous location while he took a picture."

"Wait, wait," Matt said. "Speaking of pictures, I'm getting one here."

"Yeah, I'm sure it's the correct picture, too." Megan laughed.

Matt was getting more and more interested in what the green-eyed lady was saying... and where she might be going with it.

"Sometimes she'd just strip, and he'd take a picture of her, maybe at a swimming pool in someone's backyard. I don't think she really went to the Mardi Gras, but she had a picture with lots of strings of beads around her neck while she was holding her sweater up, just like they do there--"

"--May I see that picture again?" Matt interrupted.

Megan showed him the phone.

"So, for all these pictures you're talking about, she was, well, naked?" He studied the photo a little more carefully.

"At least part of her was," Megan confirmed.

Various thoughts were beginning to roll around in Matt's brain, some of them very pleasant, and the pictures he was seeing were even more entertaining. But he was at work, and Megan, well, she didn't really belong there. Of course, there was no way he wouldn't hear her out.

She was looking at him expectantly.

"I may be sorry," he chuckled, "but tell me more." He watched her take a very deep breath.

"If I can't outdo her, I want to match her at least, and I don't have a boyfriend to help me."

Her doe eyes had hold of him, and he was helpless. The sudden thought that burst forth in his brain of seeing her naked was enticing, enthralling, enchanting, and any other synonyms that might apply. But what did he need to do?

"Will you?" she asked simply.

Matt was the night security guard, and he needed to get his report about this woman who had... Who was he kidding, certainly not himself? He could already sense his temperature rising.

With about the last tiny thread of reason left, he asked, "Are you sure, Megan. I mean..."

"Yes," she said, smiling again, as though she knew she had him.

Matt nodded. "Okay," he said. "What do we need to do?" He'd committed and was hopeful this wouldn't cost him his job. The more he looked at her, though, the more he thought it would be well worth the risk. In fact, he was sure of it.

Megan jumped up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you so much," she gushed once more. "Do you have keys for the stores in the mall?"

A puzzled look from Matt.

"I don't want to steal things," Megan said with a giggle. "I want to go inside and have you take pictures of me there with the name of the store visible in the photo. No one will know since the mall is deserted."

Matt had that "Oh, now I see" expression.

"It's kind of dark down there now," he cautioned.

"Don't worry, the camera on my phone will take care of that. Do you think we could turn on the lights in any of them?"

"If they can't be seen from outside, probably," Matt answered, now aware that Megan had been doing some thinking while they toured the mall earlier.

"Do you have things you need to do now?" She seemed to be looking out for him, even if he wasn't doing the same.

He appreciated her concern but had nothing more important now than the possibility of seeing this very pretty woman naked. He wondered if it was actually going to happen.

Now Matt took a deep breath. "I'm ready," he said.

"Me too," Megan said, nibbling her lower lip for just a moment. Then she began unbuttoning her blouse. She pulled it off and laid it on her chair. The loose-fitting slacks followed, and she looked at Matt once more.

She wasn't naked yet but didn't have to be. Standing there in a white bra and panties, it was easy to see that she was enticingly put together. As she began to unfasten the bra, Matt hoped he wasn't drooling.

Soon, the bra was on the chair along with the panties. Megan was naked.

This lady who had been reluctant to go to his office when he'd confronted her in the mall was now in that office -- naked. And she hadn't seemed at all reluctant to get that way.

"You're a gorgeous lady," he said, "and very trusting as well."

Through her blush, she smiled. "I'm usually good at reading people," she said simply. "Get your keys or whatever you need, and we'll have some fun. I can't wait for Emily to see these."

She led the way out of the office, Matt right behind, unable to take his eyes off the delightful butt cheeks that were swishing back and forth right in front of him. She turned and started down the upper level.

PickFiction
PickFiction
1,433 Followers