After the End Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good." I made a ring with thumb and finger and loosely brushed the edges of his glans. "Maybe I'll wake you up every hour, just to do this."

He only sighed again, but it sounded most like contentment.

"You really wouldn't rather be at home, jerking off, instead of having your poor denied cock teased to death?" I asked.

"Honestly, Avery...I really wouldn't."

I played with him for a while, then I made out with him for a while, and then I decided I needed another orgasm after all. Vik indulged me, propping himself upside down on top of me so I could keep teasing him while he sucked me off. Greatest friend ever.

"Don't you think you should let Julian have a turn?" Vik asked when I started to snuggle against him again.

It probably didn't reflect well on me that my first instinct was jealousy, but I turned dutifully to my partner. "Sorry -- do you want something?"

His hand stroked my arm reassuringly. "I'm fine, babe. Maybe next time. You have fun."

"You sure?" I asked, feeling guilty now. I did not think I'd be cool with Julian giving Vik all his attention the way I had been.

"I don't need to come two or three times a day like you do," he said fondly. "Don't worry about it. I've enjoyed the soundtrack."

I located his lips and kissed him. "Love you."

"I love you," he returned.

It turned out that I slept too soundly to tease Vik during the night, but I didn't mind. Waking up to him in my bed -- still horny, still waiting -- brought plenty of light to a cold, cloudy morning when the sun hadn't even risen.

Julian let him choose the manner of his orgasm, and he wanted to recreate our scene from yesterday, minus the ropes, since this time he could actually let Julian's cock drive him over the edge. I certainly didn't mind a reprise of Julian's performance -- naked and thrusting like an ancient Greek statue come to life. Nor did I mind getting off to the vibration of Vik's ecstatic moans.

The month passed in fits of activity and dreary lulls. Julian said we were lucky in the south; we had an hour and a half more daylight even on the shortest days than they'd gotten in Washington. Still, the hours between dusk and dawn felt oppressively long, except when some emergency had us counting every second.

"What do you think about inviting Vik to stay the night before the holiday?" Julian asked one evening on our way back from supper. In our community, the biggest winter celebration was held on the solstice -- the day marking the northern hemisphere's furthest tilt away from the sun. After that, for the next six months, nights would shrink instead of lengthen, which was definitely something to celebrate.

Just like Christmas originally had, our holiday blended religious ceremony with social customs centering around the annual astrological event. Somehow the two had gotten separated over the centuries, but I'd read that back in Roman times, December 25 had been the date of the solstice. Our founders decided to reintegrate the observance of spiritual rites with midwinter festivities, and we've kept the tradition since before anyone at Fort Laurel was born.

The night before the solstice was a special event too, when families often exchanged gifts and gathered into the late hours around giant bonfires we built by the water. Lights were kept burning indoors in honor of the solar year's birth, and several ritual services were held. When the long night ended, we all met in homes and in the hall for feasting, fellowship, music, and entertainment.

"You want to?" I asked Julian. Vik had been over once since our first sleepover, but he'd been called in for an emergency c-section around midnight. He and I also had another visit alone planned, on Julian's suggestion. I guess he figured we could use more time together, after I stuck to him like a magnet a couple weeks ago.

"Yeah," Julian replied. "Since neither of us has other family, I thought it might be fun to spend it with Vik. I'm sure he'll want to be with his own family for the feast, but I bet he could be free that night."

We passed a member of the guard, who nodded to us politely. "He seems lonely, doesn't he?" Julian continued when we were out of earshot. "I'm sure his parents let him stay there on the eve of the solstice, but that's not the same as sharing a bed with someone who loves you."

That drew an intrigued glance from me. Julian wasn't exactly the type of person who usually got sentimental about holidays. I wasn't either, but that's because most of my sentiments had the life crushed out of them during my first two decades. Truthfully, I was envious of people who had treasured Christmas memories of joy and laughter. I got maybe one year, very young, when all four of my family were together and the day was about gifts and games rather than what marked it afterward: illness, depression, and loss.

My sister's birthday in mid-December had been one of the worst days in my year ever since she died. It had gotten a little easier, since Julian had been with me, but I wondered if Vik himself was responsible for my partner's new interest in a romantic celebration. I'd noticed that Vik had rubbed off on me, in a positive way. I found myself caring a little more about creating meaningful experiences rather than just surviving.

"He is lonely," was all I said as I unlocked the door to our room. "I think it would be nice to have him over."

We started shedding outer layers and unloading our packs, but something Julian had said came back to me.

"You're not suggesting..." I hesitated. "You said 'someone who loves you.' You didn't mean that we love him, did you?"

"No, no," Julian hastened to confirm. "I meant that he's lonely because he doesn't have a partner of his own. We can't replace that, but we can at least offer sex and companionship."

"Ok. Just checking." I liked Vik, lusted for him, admired and appreciated him, but none of that was romantic. And I'd have been very alarmed if Julian had those feelings.

He squeezed my shoulder in passing. "Didn't mean to scare you."

"We should get him a gift or something then, huh?"

"Yes, he'd be likely to give us something. Any ideas?"

"I'll have to think about it." I wasn't very good at gifts. I struggled every year to find something for Julian, especially since he didn't have any use for presents unless they were immediately practical. He hated knickknacks cluttering up the room.

Once we'd changed into lounge clothes, he stepped over to me for our usual hug and kiss, and his hands lingered at my waist.

I looked up at him, a little flirty. "You getting me a present?" I liked receiving them even though reciprocating was a challenge.

His cerulean-hued eyes were warm. "Of course. I think you're going to be happy with it."

I was pretty sure I'd be happy if he gave me a leaf he picked up off the ground. I did empathize with Vik's situation; it sucked to be alone when you didn't want to be. I'd had no idea how lonely I was, before Julian showed me what it felt like to be truly cared for.

"Can't wait," I smiled. Just another reason to look forward to the solstice.

When the longest night finally arrived, Julian and I layered on hats and gloves and joined the steady stream of people trekking to the creek bank to see the bonfires. It rarely got cold enough for ice to form, but it was plenty chilly out at this hour for any exposed skin. There was a festive energy to the groups of people chatting and laughing around us. Neighbors called greetings and well wishes, and kids chased each other among families and around buildings.

Music and voices raised in song drifted from the hall on the way past -- one of the religious services celebrating the light-bringing, joy-giving significations of this day. I personally didn't have strong opinions about any of the faiths practiced in our community, although I had friends devoted to several traditions and I was all for whatever gave meaning to someone's life. I liked to believe that good outweighed evil in this universe, but that was about as far as I'd gotten in developing a spiritual philosophy.

Julian didn't attend any services either. His family, and most of their colleagues, had been strict naturalists; there was no room in their reality for anything metaphysical. Despite that, or maybe because of it, Julian tended to lean the opposite direction, toward some sort of pantheism. But any spiritual beliefs he held were probably still trying to emerge from the rubble of his past.

We passed a few of my friends, and I fell in step to hear about their holiday plans. Last year I'd stayed out drinking with them until just before dawn -- a memorable night for sure. Soon we were all traipsing out the gates and along the lamp-lighted path through forests that mixed evergreens with bare branches.

The glow from the bonfires could be seen long before we arrived, and the smell of vaporized wood drifted on the crisp air. We'd been dragging logs to the sites for weeks, using up wood we'd cleared for other reasons and didn't need or were willing to sacrifice for the sake of holiday cheer. They were spectacular up close -- pyramids stacked high above our heads, blazing with heat and light. We all clustered around, enjoying the warmth while we caught up with whoever we ran into. Most of the community was here, even young children. Bowls were shared from steaming pots of gumbo that had simmered all day, and mugs of spiced cider were passed around.

We found Vik with his parents and younger siblings, and we stopped to exchange greetings. He'd be meeting us at home later, but I liked his family, so I hung out with them for a while. It was general knowledge by now that Vik had more than a friendship with us; his parents basically treated Julian and me like his boyfriends, which I thought was sweet. They promised to send gifts with him tonight. Dang, should we have gotten them something? What did a married couple give the parents of their submissive lover? Amusement washed down my momentary panic.

We stayed until we -- mainly I -- had talked to everyone we wanted to and had savored our gumbo. Vik walked back with us, and we caught a few looks that lengthened to stares, but no one was openly rude. Rumors were definitely going around that we were all three terrible, sinful people who pissed on marriage and secretly hated each other... Yeah, you can't make sense of it, so don't try. Others chalked it up to my bisexuality, even though Vik is the same gender as my partner. Apparently, bisexual people are all insatiable sex maniacs.

Whatever. I'd venture to say that Julian and I (and Vik) respect our relationship way more than many people bother with their own. If they can't see that a partnership is about much more than who's fucking whom, that's not my problem. Unless anyone should dare to physically assault one of us. And in that case, I'd like to see them try to survive Julian's wrath. I mean mine too, but my hand-to-hand combat skills aren't nearly as deadly.

"I need to check on a couple of patients," Vik said when we were back inside the fort. "And stop by my place. Papa Noel left some things for you." He gave us a quick smile. "So I'll meet you in a bit."

"Why wouldn't Papa Noel have left our things at our place?" I teased.

"You're plenty old enough, Avery, to know that Christmas is a collaborative effort between families, friends, and alligators pulling a pirogue down the bayou," Vik laughed.

He was carrying a couple of leather satchels when he arrived at our quarters. I'd spruced it up with a few evergreen branches, strings of dried berries, and a kerosene lamp I'd borrowed. We each received a quick kiss, then we gathered on our bed, since we still didn't have any chairs. I settled cross-legged beside Julian, leaving my presents hidden in one of the crates.

"Who first?" I asked, infected with the excitement of gift-giving now that the moment had arrived.

Vik reached into one of the bags. "How about my parents? It's not much, but they get a little overly-invested in my life, and they appreciate your presence in it." He handed us each a small wooden box that had been elaborately painted in red, green, and gold. Inside was a variety of sweets, some of which looked more familiar than others.

"That's very kind of them," Julian said. "I hope they won't be offended we didn't have anything for them."

"Oh no," Vik assured him. "They just enjoy making gifts. They don't expect others to be as enthusiastic."

"It's really pretty," I said. "And we should probably go next, before you get any hopes up. I'm the worst at gifts, and Julian doesn't care about Christmas."

The accused leaned over and wrapped his arms around me from behind, playfully squeezing me against his chest. "Says who?" he asked over my shoulder.

"Says you never having an ounce of holiday spirit," I returned, but I couldn't keep from smiling at his affectionate display.

Suddenly he was gone from behind me and I was on my back against the quilt, his body on top and his mischievous face inches from mine. "I'll show you holiday spirit," he said in a provocative undertone, then he kissed me enticingly, his tongue taking control of my mouth.

In the intensity of his abrupt sensual barrage, I kind of forgot where we were and what we were doing. I was very up for whatever was about to happen, but after a minute he pulled away.

"Bet you're feeling festive now," he smirked.

I just stared up at him, breathing too quickly and not really sure what we'd been debating.

He laughed and kissed me once more. "Vik's waiting for his present."

Oh. right. I unscrambled my wits, found Vik's gift in my crate, and handed it to him sheepishly. It had been last-minute, but I'd tracked down some artisan-made candles that had been scented and spice-dyed. Candles were a common solstice gift, but I thought the colors would go well in his tastefully decorated quarters.

"Thank you, both of you. These are beautiful -- you're very thoughtful." Vik held them close to breathe in the scent. "Lovely. Shall we light one?"

"Only if you want to. They're your presents."

"No better time to enjoy them," Vik smiled.

When the wick was burning, I preempted them again. "Mine for Julian, so I can be done." I pulled his gift out -- nothing very exciting, just a couple of notebooks for his daily records. Paper was time-consuming to produce, and these sheets were relatively even and had been stitched together into a book with a sturdy cardboard cover. At least I knew he would use it.

"Thank you, babe," he told me, and he kissed my temple.

"I fail to see the deficiency in your gift-giving, Avery," Vik noted.

I shrugged. "They're pretty generic. I bet yours are all personalized and unique."

He gave me a warm look, then he reached into his bag again and handed me a book. It was thin and only as long as my hand, with a tattered marine blue cover. "Jonathan Livingston Seagull," I read. "I've never heard of it. What's it about?"

"It isn't sci-fi exactly, but there is a scene involving space travel. It's one of my favorite stories, and I thought you might like it."

I flipped it open and saw that he'd written a short dedication to me in his curly scrawl. See? Personalized and unique.

"I'm sure I will," I told him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. And for you, Julian, a gift that Avery helped with, so it's partially from him. It's also partially for him, because he'll probably enjoy it more than you do."

He pulled out the dress shirt, which I'd provided measurements for based on Julian's existing clothing. It was deep green -- not as yellow as olive, but more saturated than fern. Kind of military, actually. It would look good with his Mediterranean complexion.

"I see what you meant about Avery enjoying this," Julian said, running fingers over the shirt. It wasn't as satiny as some of Vik's, but I thought the rougher-woven texture suited Julian better. "But it's very nice. I appreciate it."

"Put it on," I prompted.

Obligingly he pulled it over his t-shirt and did up the buttons. It fit well, and I was definitely going to want to be stripping that off him on a regular basis.

"You look hot," I said. "Not that you ever don't."

He let that go without comment, but Vik answered. "I'm glad you like it."

"Last one," Julian announced. "Vik was keeping it for me, and he can also take some credit."

Vik handed me a small rectangular item covered in paper. When I unwrapped it, I found an oil painting -- sunlight bursting through storm clouds over an expanse of ocean.

"Wow," I said, studying it for every detail of gleam and shadow. "It's amazing." I didn't think I'd ever owned anything so beautiful.

"I know you were impressed with Vik's artwork," Julian explained, "and you've been trying to make our room a little more home-like. I asked him to connect me with the artist. I thought this scene was appropriate for the solstice, and also it reminded me of you: the strength that has carried you through many storms, and the light you brought into the darkness that was my life."

I was totally caught off guard by the poignancy of his speech. I stared at the vividly rendered landscape and tried to keep from choking up.

"Thank you," I told him. "I love it."

He pulled me into a hug, and I stayed there. For a moment I wished we were alone, so we could have the intimate kind of sex, with no games or power dynamics. Just him and me, sharing with each other, body and soul.

"I actually have one more present," Vik said. "For both of you."

I sat up but kept close to Julian. "You can't -- you'll make me look even worse."

"It isn't an item," he replied. "It's...me." I watched as he grew unexpectedly self-conscious. "I know how much you like it when -- I don't get to orgasm. So...I haven't. For the past three days. But I have...gotten close. Every day."

Holy fuck. My blood immediately grew scalding. "You've been teasing and denying yourself for three days? For us?"

He took a breath and nodded.

* * * * *

Julian:

Now here was a holiday gift I could get excited about. And for his part, Avery was staring at Vik's crotch in a most unseemly way.

"Um, thank you, very very much," Avery said. "You officially win at presents. No offense, Julian."

"We'd better talk terms," I told him. "Because maybe you want to give me another present too."

His expressive eyes focused on me, lips slightly parted. "What are you saying?"

One arm still around him, I dropped into my sensual range. "I'm saying since Vik has presented us with this opportunity, and since you've admitted your gift lacked imagination, I'd like you to give me another: namely, full control of this session, including your orgasm for tonight."

Air rushed into Avery's lungs and blood rose to his face. "Are you serious? You want to deny me when Vik's here? All night?"

My fingers curved provocatively around his pelvic bone through his thin t-shirt. "I'm completely serious."

"I --" Vik's mouth seemed a bit dry. "I would also consider that a gift, Avery."

My gorgeous, adorable, sexy husband swore under his breath. "I'm sure I'm gonna regret this, but...ok."

I angled his face toward me with my other hand and kissed his lips. "Thank you," I said softly, holding his gaze. Lust had already expanded the brown irises that were a little lighter than Vik's.

I turned my attention to our other partner. "For you, I think it'll just be our standard terms. I always have control of your orgasm during a session, and you're definitely not getting one until morning."

"I figured as much," he said, a hint of excitement overtaking his usual equanimity.

"Do we all consent to sexual contact through tomorrow morning?" I always asked, even though we'd done this quite a few times. Our agreement required it, and cutting corners in situations like this rarely ended well.