All Comments on 'After the Future is Gone Pt. 01'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 240 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, the whole "you've got to forgive them" psychology thing was crap and the "Daddy" thing was creepy, but a pretty good story.

SystemShockSystemShockover 1 year ago

Withholding a rating for now since this is marked as part 1, but I like it so far. The only thing I'm iffy about is the inevitable talk with the ex. There's nothing to talk about. He knows his flaws, he knows his part in the breakup. Her story doesn't matter. The whys and hows won't change what she did or the monumentally disrespectful way she did it. There's no "closure" in that, just wasted time.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 1 year ago

No talent hack? The fuck you are! This was amazing. A little too heavy on the “Daddy/Daughter” fantasy but otherwise, perfect.

You didn’t blame either person alone as the sole cause for the adultery and subsequent divorce. There was no “Burn the Bitch” as is all too common and no fairytale ending.

This is a story about 4 people who lost their way and have to find it again. Mike and Emily are off to a good start and I actually hope they get to have the fairytale.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 1 year ago

now they need to run into the other couple

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

Excellent story. I look forward to the next portion. I hope karma takes some revenge on Pete and Lisa. All Mike has to do is life life better, which he's doing with Emily.

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Stunningly great, well crafted romantic love story. You are now on my Following list and this tale is in my favorites. Look forward to part 2.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Giving it a 5… it was good.. but the remaining chapters will decide the overall score!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

good story

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

Wow, what a wonderful story. You showed the pain caused by betrayal and divorce so well that I shed some tears. Both characters recovery from their low point in life was very heart warming. I can't wait for the next part.

poopybrodypoopybrodyover 1 year ago

She should seduce his piece of shit ex best friend and have his ex wife walk in and find them. Ultimate revenge.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Good start. Kinda speed read through the sex scenes though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a great story! Well-written and with interesting characters. I hope our two protagonists stay together and the former wife and ex-best friend suffer some kind of retribution in the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The 'daddy' thing while fucking is ALWAYS a turn off and creepy, stopped reading then.

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

You are going to take flack for the category, especially as the LW part is over and done with... apparently.

Some will say Romance, some BDSM, I will lay good money even Taboo/incest.

I enjoyed wherever you put. Some bits were a bit too obvious, as soon as she said just friends I knew it was going to be some dark past that she had.

Considering the Mike's marriage had been very vanilla, he took up the D/LG bit without so much as a flinch and I can assure you the 1st time it happens it's a shock!! It would be interesting to know where that came from, are there further dark corners that Emily needs to tell about because it seems strange to come from virgin to abuse by peers to being the abuser and end up calling him Daddy.

Still... looking forward to Pt2

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Outstanding start! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

SaltySurpriseSaltySurpriseover 1 year ago

I can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic start!!!

Hope you don't wait too long between chapters!

Well8Well8over 1 year ago

Some revenge definitely needs to happen to Pete and Lisa I hope the star makes him a millionaire that’s the best revenge and a new woman

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope he confronts him at like a class reunion announces he’s the new CEO of a company and they’re like shit they have kids together Pete and Lisa But life sucks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Your story is amazing. Great character development. How you dealt with Mike and Emily's betrayals were well crafted. You made me hurt for Mike and sympathize with Emily. You also showed that no matter how horrible life can be, that happiness can happen and that there is such a thing as true love. I'm looking forward to the next part of this love story - including the ups and downs. K

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm liking this a lot... thanks much!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done. Now for some happy ever after sweetened by karmic revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was very shitty and very realistic to have their old friend group largely side with the two cheaters.

That actually made it harder and easier on him. Harder because he had no one to lean on when he needed it most. But easier because it's better to have a very clean break from that circle of people. Some may have suspected the infidelity and ignored it. Not good friends. And while I wouldn't dismiss a friend for being a cheater, I would always choose supporting the friend that got cheated on first. So he found out very quickly how shitty his friend group actually was. So even more a reason for a clean break. They can't take back ignoring him when they were truly needed.

As for the cheaters. They did it once. What's to stop it from happening again? On top of any guilt or shame they feel. They now can't trust one another. If you start a relationship with betrayal after all...

Both of them wont trust the other, and may even blame each other for losing our main protagonist. Or they may live happily ever after. Some people are just that selfish.

I will say that the therapist was only wrong once. Talking to the cheating ex-wife or the friend wont bring any real closure. There is no excuse for cheating. Knowing the reasons wont make him feel any better. And he's already admitted to his contributions to the deterioration of the marriage. But while he made an honest effort to open communication back up and be introspective....his ex made choices to further alienate and kill the marriage. That's all he needs to know. Anything else would be the poor cheater trying to justify something you can't justify. He does need to forgive them to move forward. They aren't perfect. They became shitty people that did a shitty thing to him. Not monsters. Just really bad friends, unreliable and useless as friends.

If you think cheating made them feel shitty, imagine him forgiving them and walking away from them forever more. That would absolutely solidify that he's a good man, and they both betrayed him. And he bounced back completely, they have no hold nor power over him. That's a gut punch to their ego.

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

Amazing tale, I literally put myself on pause and did nothing but read this story from start to finish 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Oh I loved this, nicely written. Everyone’s really quite good in this yes she cheated with best friend but they weren’t nasty to him, so I think it’s a great story

other2other1other2other1over 1 year ago

Great start, so looking forward to part two!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Worried in the first section this would just turn into a story about a pathetic guy. Nice turn around and good character development with Em's background. Would love to see a little payback for ex-wife slut and his slime ball ex-best friend, but also understand your aim to show how he moves on and not how revenge played out.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Thank you. Well crafted. You didn't overdo things too much (mmm perhaps the Daddy aspect. he's only 32 with her about 23/24) Too emotionally damaged people finding each other and beginning to heal together. Very nice. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I know, I know this isn't a BTB but I wish it was. If you could find a way to really burn the ex wife and best friend, it would be a 10. Like it very much so far!

WolfenherzWolfenherzover 1 year ago

Great story so far, looking forward to the next part

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Really well done description of the anthology of a failed marriage and the emotional path to redemption. It’s believable enough to have happened in real life, something others in similar situations can reflect on and help with their own path forward. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Needs chapter 2. excellent story but some folks need a little retribution

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yep. Congratulations, you checked every cliche and then solidified your one star with all the Daddy talk. I'm truly sorry you've never known the touch of a woman, but that's no reason to subject us to this drivel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pete needs a serious ass whuppin

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For a NoTalentHack you sure do an excellent impression of a talented hack. Great story, well written, can find nothing to criticize. Looking forward to more stories from you.

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 1 year ago

Yep! I agree with the other comments! It was a great story and a great romp. Write some more. I wish I had your talent!

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

I understand all the "reasons" for the

break-up but the cheating way his wife and friend did it called for drastic retaliation. As a writer I don't think you have it in you to do this so why not open it up to others with that talent and let them finish it.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 1 year ago

Great start! Love the characters. Well done.

woodwardwoodwardover 1 year ago

Great story! 5 stars.

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Amazing story! Two stories and both are dynamite for different reasons. Can't wait for Chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked it a lot. As with your first posted story, you write very well. The plot flows and you write conversations about as well as anyone.

.

Plot-wise, I did it like 2 things much: first, the explanation of his breakup with his wife just didn’t work for me. There was a decided lack of drama and angst. Not that you didn’t give reasons….but the telling just lacked something. And secondly: WTF was all that “daddy” crap?

.

That said…looking forward to the next chapter(s) of this story.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Story! Very romantic. Lovely story of two people healing and coming together. I certainly liked that Mike didn't feel compelled to "forgive" Lisa and Pete and didn't but was able to move on with his life and find happiness.

"You're going to need to forgive them eventually, Mike."

This is a false premise. The premise being: That in order to move forward in life and let go of the past you “have” to forgive those individuals who wronged you. Living a happy and full life, not being consumed by bitterness or revenge and living with enough joy and positive relationships to feel “good” - these things should not hinge on the attainment of one valiant act of forgiveness. You can be happy and you can carry on with life without forgiving those who have hurt you. In fact, that heartbreak and anger can be used as a catalyst to drive you to do more good in life for yourself and others. The ability to have the life we want, at the level of positivity we desire, despite our past hurts, is a goal worthy of itself.

Forcing the concept of forgiveness upon a person who’s been hurt and abused is just another form of gaslighting. There are many paths to healing and moving on. Why does the forgiveness culture demand that survivors forgive their abusers? Forgiveness culture implies that betrayers and abusers can expect to be forgiven — they can hurt and harm and rage — and should their targets decline to forgive, they can rest smug in the assurance that the refusal reflects a flaw in their victims, not in themselves. In a culture that stigmatizes those who refuse to forgive, the added stress can lead to poorer health and slower recovery. Those of us who choose not to forgive would be much happier and healthier if we were not told we were simply not ready, or were hurting ourselves by making such a choice.

Pseudo-spirituality has made forgiveness a marker of personal virtue. If you perceive an assault on yourself and your body as too wrong to forgive, then the forgiveness culture perceives you are being small-minded and lacking in virtue. This attitude ignores that the choice not to forgive can come from a place of strength. It can represent a legitimate response to an offender’s bad, hurtful actions and place in society. Demanding that survivors of personal trauma forgive their abusers denies us agency in choosing how to heal and move forward in life.

Its not our job to make people who hurt us, betrayed us, abused us and treated us shitty to feel better about themselves. If they want forgives so much, go see a fucking priest.

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Really like this. Your abilities are quite apparent and I look forward to your next chapter. Many years ago, I went through a divorce and it was an emotional disaster for me. Your MC made me relive some of that, which I didn’t enjoy, but certainly could relate to his struggles. You captured those emotions very well. Thanks for sharing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Page 1 social media-congratulate him on having an adulteress for a woman and wish them well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like all the Daddy stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Perfect for a LifeTime channel movie. It checks all the boxes: television quality psychobabble counselor drivel, largely feminized male (e.g. "Tinkerbell" made "HIM" feel "safe and protected"), the usual TV/movie romance cliches (e.g. "there for you..."), and, of course, illiterate, woketard misuse of pronouns. This author's first story was outstanding. This is like reading GA - fluent prose in the service of a miasma of cliches.

CptAmeripantsCptAmeripantsover 1 year ago

I genuinely think you have the potential to be one of the best writers in this category. Please keep up the good work. I look forward to many more stories from you.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerover 1 year ago

Very decent story. As someone who gas had family damage from incest rape I hate the "Daddy" shit but doesn't stop me appreciating a well written tale. Got to love Sarah, now there is a women who deserves good things. Good job overall

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

This: [I'm going to go out with you to show the world that you can pull a girl like me; think of me like the five bucks a busker puts in their hat to encourage other folks to throw money in.] And this: [Where Emily reminded me of Tinkerbell, this woman was Snow White all grown up. And out.] Nice, tight, emotive and visual! Two of a hundred lines in this well-written, fast-flowing and thought-provoking piece. Your compact, concise writing style lends itself to keeping the reader interested. Many of your literary allusions are pure gold. You write with emotion without becoming maudlin, you describe excess without resorting to hyperbole, and your writing is introspective without collapsing into angst and ennui. Even when MC feels like that, you keep the narration closer to Mickey Spillane than Philip Roth. This is light-years ahead of your first work, which I think suffered from being too short. I think having Emily as a mystery is very effective at keeping the reader wondering and interested... and then, BAM! OP delivered. Can't wait for more!! 5++/5!

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 1 year ago

I wish I could give you 6 stars. Awesome STORY, good character development, good plot...it had it all. Best STORY I've read in LW in a long time. You are a geat writer. Definitely looking forward to more from you. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"You're going to need to forgive them eventually, Mike." Uh no you don't need to that. First hand experience(very close to Mike's) so I can say that. After several decades I have done and lived well and very happy.

DontPanic442DontPanic442over 1 year ago

Amazing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, friends... Friendship between a man and a woman is possible until the lights go out.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Great story. I was a little uncomfortable with the Daddy thing, but maybe that's for another part.....D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What excellent writing, nice job

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

This was a charming story, with a couple of really well fleshed out characters. I really hope that Mike and Emily stay together and it all works out for the best.

I didn't really agree with the forgiveness part from the counsellor. You can still not forgive someone and hate them for decades afterwards. As long as you don't obsess over their betrayal, it's not a big problem.

-

I'm interested to find out what happens if Mike and Lisa meet up again, to get some closure on the end of their marriage.

Apparently the chances of a couple making it long term after getting together through infidelity are incredibly small, so I'm really hoping that Lisa and Pete end up imploding spectacularly. I hope karma has something really nasty lined up for both of them.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 1 year ago

Damned good story for a second outing. I don’t normally rate serials until they’re finished, but Im going to make an exception here. 5*

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
Captured the being dumped and divorced angst really well

I suspect this couple will have some serious difficulties however hopefully they can get through them. Good story so far.

crazycam69crazycam69over 1 year ago

Excellent!!! One of best stories here. Can’t wait for part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For me?

As good a story as I've read here in a LONG time.

In life...most of the time...complicated or violent acts of revenge don't happen. I find that karma becomes the worst avenging angel bitch burning cheaters and betrayers hotter than violent retribution. That's what I am hoping for here in the inevitable conversation and closure with the two cunts who used to mean so much to him before.

Looking forward to the sequels very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It began with a nice vib but by page five it had lost most of its luster. Where it was going became obvious by page two but I continued reading because it was a nice journey. Unfortunately it turned into something less interesting. Based on this effort I don't plan to read a part two and will score it now. Better luck on the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Have trouble with weight gain in two months.

No real emotions just setting the stage.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What is this? The main characters love and support each other, have a heartwarming emotional connection, realistically grow as human beings? You're really bold to post this kind of radical perversion in loving wives. I hope it catches on.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

I am really having some vibes with Emily.

Well, if she is going to be the one to give revenge for me by breaking up Pete and Lisa's relationship, hehe I am not going to complain. I even think I'm gonna like it. But if this is so Mr. NoTalentHack, my like depends on how you plot it next chapter.

Good so far.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Wow! One page down and your writing is very solid!

I'm looking forward to the rest of this and anything else you offer!.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

CaptainbklCaptainbklover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed it thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I assume that Em will recall his previous skills of seducing bad guys and destroy the union of the "laughing couple of exes"...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best new story I've read here in ages. Hope the rest is as good.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 1 year ago

Great writing with purpose and a romantic story. Just wish you'd save the term Daddy for your incest writing, this story didn't need it.

MellowJoeMellowJoeover 1 year ago

Your user name is emphatically a lie.

Please keep writing!

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 1 year ago

This story fully deserved 5 stars. I am looking forward to the next chapter. I hope it includes his ex shitting herself when she realizes he not only landed on his feet but did better than her skanky ass.

Orion623Orion623over 1 year ago

A nice story, well told and very well written. 5*****

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

User name . . . does *not* check out. This is top tier writing for LW, really well done - it's already a great story and I'm looking forward to see where you take this next.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 1 year ago

Wow, awesome tale of love lost, and love found from without a doubt, a great writer. I loved the dialogs, they flowed naturally and the sexual intimacy with its loving eroticism. Thanks for the story.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Finally a realistic story. Can relate totally to the first couple pages. Went a bit wonky with all the sex stuff but it followed my breakup pretty close except I lost weight not gained it. I didn’t meet a girl at the gym an old girlfriend found out and supported me. Really want to see how the guy deals with meeting the ex and the guy to see it what is written is similar to my life. 5* keep up the real life stories not the male fantasies. 👍🏻

bluengraybluengrayover 1 year ago

Amazing writing! One of the best I’ve read in a long time! Can’t wait for the subsequent chapter or chapters! A very easy 5*! Thank you for writing!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

Undeniably great... but no score til the story is completed. It's just my policy.

As a little bit of unwanted advice/request to the author: in the next chapter, it would be interesting to dive more in depth in the relationship between Mike and Pete. Yes, Lisa's a cunt, nobody will ever say otherwise, but, IMHO, what her new paramount did is far worst than her. If she just fucked around with a co-worker, her boss or some other bozos, that would have been bad enough... but making it his best friend since they were both in junior high? That put this whole thing in the land of 'Unforgivable.' This is worst than family betraying you like this - you can't chose your lineage, but you can chose your friend, and if the two people you choose went ahead and purposely destroy your life... they're the spawns of satan. I wonder if there were previous warning signs from Pete that Mike just ignore 'cause he was his main man... 'would be nice if we got more explanation about their relationship, especially before the inevitable final sit-down confrontation with Lisa NoTalentHack obviously set-up here.

So let's wait and see... but so far, so good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story!! Looking forward to part two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree you should have put this in Romance instead of Loving Wives. It's a good story and the tone/expectations from the category choice don't suit it. If I was to score it as a Loving Wives story since you put it there, it would get a much lower score since it's not a very good LW story. In fact, I skimmed a lot of the early parts because it sucked as a LW story. However, I was kind and scored it a Romance story like it should have been categorized. That's not to say that the early part couldn't be improved no matter which category you put it in...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of more interesting stories - 5 for sure (but I'm not in DADDY staff). Looking for next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good so far. The whole 'forgive the cheating lying bastards' leaves me a bit worried about what comes next. How about 'move on, become indifferent to them' instead?

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

5 stars for this part. This would have seemed an appropriate place to end the story and I'm curious where it will go from here.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 1 year ago

String start. Looking forward to the next part. 5/5

SkubabillSkubabillover 1 year ago

While I cannot say absolutely that you are not a hack, I have ascertained that NoTalent is a misnomer. Five stars

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Awesome but what happened to his ex

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story so far! Looking forward to it continuation.

FD45FD45over 1 year ago

Better, less clinical

BrentJWBrentJWover 1 year ago

This is the kind of story I love to read here. Well written, completely possible and believable. Obviously the karma gods need to rain down some pain on the ex wife and ex friends. An unexpected twist would be nice too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So Lisa was a child with no concept of "delay of gratification," "working toward a better future," or "tomorrow will be brighter than today because we work toward that." No wonder she was a skank Veruca.

Seriously, you can end this story now

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Far too many superfluous sentences. Circling the target ad nauseum. Getting to the point in a timely fashion is as important as impressing yourself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written and I enjoyed it, nice to read a story that actually describes the heartbreak and trauma of infidelity rather than just sociopathic revenge. - two nitpicks: (1) he's probably looking for acceptance, not forgiveness (subtle distinction, but I think that's the correct course). (2) I think you made a mistake with the disclosure in the beginning, by describing what wasn't going to be in the story, you ruin suspense - having a (even remote) possibility of reconnecting with Lisa gives the story some dramatic tension and gravitas that is cancelled out when you state at the beginning that it is not going to happen. Really looking forward to the next installments. 5*

TexdomTexdomover 1 year ago

Just the way I like ‘em. Character development, a plot, a little sex. Hope there is more. I would love to see his meeting with ex, now he has his shit together.

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

Well done. In the current state of LW section, that is a 5. Been so long since we have had writing that made me chuckle, laugh, tear up, and speed read.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 1 year ago

5/5

No oversized monster endowment, but he did fuck her into oblivion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fuck forgiveness. Whenever I hear people say “You have to forgive to heal”, I cringe. So somebody shits all over you, and after all they’ve taken from you, you are supposed to give them the gift of forgiveness? I think not.

I am more of an Old Testament gal. The bad actor must admit their sins, tell you that they understand how the crimes they perpetrated against you have hurt you, express remorse for having done so, and do whatever they can to make things better for you.

I guess that means I am a lousy Christian, because I don’t believe in this willy-nilly forgiveness stuff. Forgiveness must be earned. It drove me nuts when a girl who attended Columbine High School during the massacre there “forgave” the perpetrators within a few days of the event. She hadn’t even been wronged by the two boys.

So far, he’s doing the right thing and moving along. And as far as having “Tinkerbell”: as one person suggested, interject herself into the relationship of his ex-wife and ex-best friend, she shouldn’t sully herself. Just go, live your lives!

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 1 year ago

I scored this a 5, not as a Loving Wife story but as a Romance story. Good writing, good character development, and very well paced. It seems that this the end, but you did say it was a 5 part story. Look forward to reading it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories