After The Game

Story Info
Best friends become lovers
10.6k words
4.75
47.1k
44

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 11/14/2023
Created 02/20/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the first of two sequels to 'Amy makes a new life', but it really doesn't matter if you skipped that one, I'll cover what you need to know so that it should stand alone. It tells the story of what happened to Sarah's friends after her cricket debut. Sexual activity is secondary to the story.

Any resemblance to real people is accidental.

After the celebrations

Dad was in the front chatting to the driver, he's always voluble after a couple of drinks, so the driver was going to get an ear-bashing and a full report on the day's events. Karen and I were in the back, my head rested on her shoulder and her cheek was against the top of my head. Amy had arranged the car to get us back home because we'd been drinking all day. I'm going to blame the last glasses of champagne for putting me over the edge.

I closed my eyes. Karen, Sarah and I had lived close to each other and gone to the same high school. We'd been firm friends since we were eleven and seldom apart until it had changed just before we were fifteen. Sarah had taken up playing cricket and it became a passion that she devoted herself to. It was also about that same time that she and her Mum met Amy King, coincidentally at a cricket match. It was the first time Sarah had ever watched a professional game.

Sarah's father had disappeared from her life when she was about seven and Meredith had done a great job as a single parent. Sarah and her mum had sat down next to Amy at that game. Amy was a widow whose wife had died three years earlier, they struck up a conversation and a friendship developed. Meredith had once confided in me how she realised that she had feelings for Amy and after some soul searching confessed her feelings. Karen, Sarah and I had enjoyed sleepovers for years but they had never been at Sarah's house because it was small and too impractical. That changed when Meredith and Sarah eventually moved into Amy's home. We were there a lot and I loved those occasions. Amy was generous, not just with money, but her time, her advice and the latitude she gave us. She was also very funny and we could see how happy they all were.

Sarah had a real talent for cricket and today she'd played her first one day game for the England Women's team and, luckily, in our own city. It was a big deal, a wonderful achievement for our friend and we were very proud of her. Amy invited Karen and me to join Sarah's family in a box she'd organised, complete with food and drink all day. Sarah's cricket hero, Hayley, was also playing and because Amy was friends with Hayley's Grandma, she'd invited her family as well.

I'd been excited when I saw where we were watching from and had phoned my dad to brag. Amy had heard me and, unknown to me, had called him inviting him to join us. I nearly fainted when he turned up a few minutes after the game had started. Dad had spent much of the day with Hayley's father and Sarah's Grandad, he'd drank a lot of beer and there had been lots of high fives from the three of them, although in Sarah's Grandads case they were low five's because he was a bit unsteady on his feet, even without alcohol.

I was delighted for Sarah, who'd had a successful game and Hayley was awarded player of the match, they were both, rightly, very proud. I smiled thinking about how Sarah's efforts had paid off, I admired her a great deal for the effort she'd shown. After the game, Amy had taken us all back to their home, a five-minute walk away from the ground and where she'd opened several more bottles of bubbly. It was a true celebration and I'm sure it was the last glass that did it to me.

Karen was staying with us overnight and when the car dropped us off, we headed, a little unsteadily to my room. After saying goodnight to my dad, we undressed and climbed into bed wearing T-shirts and our panties as we'd done countless times before. On this occasion, we lay facing each other and as I whispered, "goodnight" we moved together to kiss. This time we kissed lip to lip and not on the cheek as we had done before. It was electric and there seemed to be a current running through us.

I rolled onto my back staring at the ceiling thinking. We'd kissed like that before, years ago when playing some stupid game, but this was different, very different. I was a bit shocked, but this was my gorgeous friend. I reached out to take her hand as it rested on her belly. She squeezed it a little, acceptance, contentment. I turned my palm flat onto her belly and she laid her left hand over it. Her other hand, her right hand came across and rested on my belly, it felt warm. She moved, just a tiny amount, left and right and I did the same. Her hand was still on mine, but she didn't stop me, simply allowed me to mimic her movements.

It felt lovely, appropriate, comforting and rather wonderful. I have no idea why I moved my hand slowly, gently, down her belly, but I did and she mirrored my movements. She didn't stop me as I reached the waistband of her panties and I slid the tip of my middle finger under it. Her hand remained on top of mine as she continued to follow my movements. By now I was more sexually aroused than I'd ever been and I knew that I wanted more. I wanted to touch her, for her to touch me.

After pausing briefly, I moved further down and my fingers brushed, gently, through her pubic hair, which felt soft. I could smell sexual arousal, but I'm not sure who it was coming from and I didn't care. The tip of her finger touched the top of my slit and I sighed. I did the same to her and she sighed as well.

I hadn't started this with any particular outcome in mind but I now realised, at that moment, I wanted to make her come, I wanted to come. Our hands moved in synchrony and a single finger entered me as my finger entered her. I probed, gently, stroking and applying a little pressure. One of my fingers found her clit as she found mine. The next few seconds or maybe minutes were pure ecstasy. I felt a warm wave washing over me until I came. I'd never felt such love or satisfaction before and from the cute mewling noises Karen was making, I guessed that she felt much the same.

I withdrew my hand; she withdrew hers and we rolled together and kissed. It was brief and wonderful. I smiled at her, although I doubt that she could see it in the dark. I muttered, "Thank you," before rolling onto my other side. Karen spooned in behind me and a hand snaked around my waist and held my left breast. I fell asleep as happy as I'd ever been.

* * * * *

I felt the bed move and remembered what had happened the night before and I smiled inwardly. When I opened my eyes, I saw Karen, with her back to me pulling on her clothes, "Kay?"

She turned towards me and I saw that her cheeks were tear-stained, her eyes puffy and she didn't seem to want to meet my eyes directly. "I'm sorry," she muttered.

"What? Come on, talk to me."

She grabbed her jacket and, as I tried to sit up, getting tangled in the duvet, she snarled, "That was awful, that was wrong. I need to go, don't call me."

With that, she left and was gone by the time I'd moved. I sat back on the bed. The best night of my life had turned into the worst way to wake up. I didn't understand what had happened, this had been a momentous thing, but surely, we could talk as we'd talked about everything for the last eight or nine years. We had no secrets, as far as I knew.

I made some tea and went back to bed. She wasn't answering her phone, not replying to text messages or the voice messages I'd left. My emails had been ignored and all I could do was lie in bed and cry. The words she'd uttered as she left, looking angry, told me that what we'd done the night before had upset her. I struggled, it had been the best experience of my life and now she was angry with me.

I wasn't a lesbian, I'd never looked at another girl, but it had been great and I'd never felt so good, sexually or otherwise. I was terrified that I'd just ruined my closest friendship. Sarah might understand, but she was busy and I couldn't get hold of her.

I wanted to talk to Karen, but that didn't seem possible so I tried to sleep. I kept going back to the kiss, not the other stuff, just the kiss. I didn't know that a kiss could feel like that, that it could stir such emotions, such pleasure, such a feeling of warmth and love.

I was a mess, now I had a headache and a sense of loss, almost grief. I tried reading but gave up, I tried watching TV but that didn't work either. I hid under the duvet.

Late the next morning I was making some toast and waiting for the kettle to boil when Dad appeared. "Ah, there you are. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, great." I was lying and he knew it right away. He sat down staring at me.

"Good, that's good," he said, sarcastically, "just a couple of things. You look as if you haven't slept for a couple of days, you've been crying a lot, I've not heard you on the phone and Karen isn't here. You've fallen out, that's obvious. What happened?"

I turned my back to him as I muttered, "Nothing."

When I sat at the table with my toast and tea, he looked at me, "I don't think that you've lied to me before now, you never lie, but that was a whopper. So tell me."

"I can't Dad. It's sore and embarrassing."

There was silence for a few minutes as I ate my toast and he sipped his coffee. "You love her, don't you?" I stared at him in disbelief and he looked back with kindness and affection.

"Dad, what the fuck are you talking about?"

"Please don't swear." He was collecting his thoughts before going on, "The three of you were always close. Then Sarah moved away, it was the right thing for her. That seemed to bring you and Karen closer together, sisters couldn't be any closer and sometimes it's hard for me to remember that Karen isn't my daughter as well." He laughed at that thought. I was scared of what was about to be said.

"When you're here overnight you share the same bed. I've wondered before if you two are.... You know, but I was pretty sure that wasn't the case."

I stared at him in disbelief, how could he think that?

"I've seen the way that you look at each other sometimes, you often hold hands, you cuddle, you finish each other's sentences. I'm stunned that you... Have you been deluding yourself?"

"No, Dad. This is awkward, can I tell you about it? It'll be hard for me to tell you and for you to hear but you're the only one I've got and you're right, I won't lie to you. I don't tell you everything, I've always had Karen or Sarah for that."

He took my hand, "It will be hard for both of us, but it's been just the two of us for a long time."

I told him about what had happened after the cricket and I told him almost all of it, I spared him the more intimate details. "I was happy, Dad. Then the next morning she looked horrified, she pulled her clothes on and just before she walked out of the bedroom door, she looked at me, full of anger and snarled, 'That was wrong, just awful'. She hasn't answered a text a phone call, email, anything."

"You've had lots of time to think and not slept much, so what thoughts have been swirling around inside that head of yours?"

"I want her back, Dad. At least as my friend, I can't bear the idea of her not being in my life. I know that I love her, no doubt about that. I want us to still be friends, but I suppose I want more than that. I want..." I burst into tears, Dad held me close and soothed me as I sobbed against his shirt. At least here, with him I was safe.

"Does something else scare you about this? You know, being two women?"

"Yes, it does. It makes no sense. I've seen Amy and Meredith together; Sarah has had girlfriends. It never bothered me until now, when I realised yesterday that I might be a lesbian as well. You know I've had a boyfriend and well, it was horrible Dad and it's not something I want to repeat."

"I've known Meredith for years, not well, but... She changed when she met Amy, she's happy and in love. Amy is just a wonderful woman; I'd fancy her myself but... There is nothing wrong with love between two people. I loved and adored your Mum, but she was taken from us. I didn't set out to fall in love with her, I just did. If you love Karen, go and tell her. Things aren't right between you now, so it can't get worse."

"Doesn't it upset you that I might be... you know?"

"No, I don't care. You're my daughter, the most precious thing on earth to me. I wouldn't mind having two daughters." He laughed. I sat silent thinking.

I made myself a fried egg roll and more tea. I was going to need stamina.

I went back to my room and sat on the bed. Staring at the wall didn't seem very productive, but nothing distracted me. How did I truly feel about Karen? That was an easy question to answer and something I'd never considered before; she was always there and I could never imagine her not being, but I knew now that my feelings ran deeper than for her as just my friend. I'd never seriously contemplated sex with a woman, sure I had any idea what it was about, Sarah had shared bits and pieces, but what happened the other night was not just sex, it had to have been a connection on another level. I slapped my thigh, I loved her, loved her as much more than my mate and I wanted to be with her in every sense. I hated the label lesbian, but the truth is if we were going to be lovers, I'd need to accept it and I wanted to be lovers. The only way to sort this was face to face.

I showered and dried my hair. That done I went to my wardrobe and studied the contents. I selected a dress, navy blue, with a flared skirt, scoop neck and short sleeves. Light make-up and low heels. A deep breath as I stepped outside.

Confronting Karen

Karen's mum answered the door with a tight smile, "Hello love. You look nice, come in."

"Is Karen here, is she okay?"

"Come into the kitchen, you and I need to talk." She made more tea, just what I didn't need, something to dilute my resolve. "Karen's been in her room ever since she got home just before midday yesterday. Apart from getting herself drinks, sandwiches and using the bathroom, she's been holed up. She's barely spoken to me and it's obvious that she's upset and that has to be something between the two of you."

"When did she get home?"

"Just after half-past eleven, quarter to twelve something like that, why?"

"When I woke up, she was pulling her clothes on and snapped at me before walking out. It was just before nine o'clock."

"I wonder where she was before she got home. Anyway, what caused that?"

I blushed. "I'm not sure that I'm comfortable telling you that. Maybe that's something for Karen."

"Did you argue about something?" I shook my head. "Plenty of drink, inhibitions down, did you kiss?"

I blushed again or at least went an even darker shade of red. I nodded and hung my head; it was clear that she had a good idea what had happened.

"You need to talk to her, but before you do let me say this. I've expected this to happen for a long time." She paused, "Like most parents, I imagined that my daughter would come home with some young man and I was worried that I wouldn't approve. One day I wondered if the two of you would become even closer than you already are and I laughed out loud at that thought, I was driving at the time and nearly crashed my car. The thought of you as my daughter in law, it would be hard to disapprove, given that I love you."

I looked up stunned, too stunned to speak. "Go and talk to her. But hug me first."

I stood and went to Marion. She took me in her arms and whispered, "Fix this, please."

* * * * *

The door was closed and there was no answer to my gentle knock. I took a deep breath and opened it just a little to peer inside. It was dark, the curtains were drawn and Karen was curled up in a ball, crying. "Oh God, go away. I don't want to speak to you. Ever again." She buried her head deep in the pillow, she looked terrible, her normally long glossy dark brown hair was lank and hadn't been combed for a couple of days. Her eyes were dark and red, her skin was pale and blotchy. But now I'd accepted my feelings, I thought that she was the most wonderful girl in the world, despite how she looked.

She flinched when I sat on the edge of the bed and touched her shoulder. "You and I have been close friends for a long time, we're like sisters and I love you like my sister. What happened on one night when we'd both had too much to drink should not mean that we can't move on."

It looked as if she was paying attention, so I kept going. "I have no idea why what happened on Friday night happened, but we both played an active part. I fell asleep happy. I had no idea what would happen the next morning, but I didn't expect you to get all hostile and rush off without saying anything. I wanted to talk, you ignored me. I know you've been holed up here ever since and you look awful."

She muttered an angry, "Thanks."

"I suspect that we both did the same thing and went over those events, our lives and wondered about our futures, again and again. I know that what we did doesn't make either of us a lesbian, the thought of carrying that label bothered me and I'm guessing, you too. I've given it lots of thought and know that the only way forward is to talk to you."

At least she looked at me now and she was listening. "When I went to get something to eat my dad cornered me and wanted to know what was wrong. I told him nothing and he called me a liar. After a few questions, which I dodged, he said that he thought that I was in love with you. I was stunned and started to deny it, until the truth of what he'd said hit me. I've always loved you, like a sister, like I loved Sarah, but things have changed. I don't know when it happened or why, but I've never faced the fact that I do love you, like my girlfriend, like someone I want."

Karen was shaking her head, either in disbelief or denial, I wasn't sure which. "Dad told me to come and speak to you and try to sort it out. I realised that he was right and I decided that I want you in my life in some capacity. As my girlfriend or my girlfriend, but not as an ex-friend."

"But that's not..." She didn't finish and started to cry again.

I needed to finish what I wanted to say, "When I got here your Mum gave me the same third degree because you wouldn't speak to her. I didn't tell her much, it's not my place, but she knew."

Karen's eyes went wide as she mouthed, "Knew what?"

"Your Mum knew the same as my dad. The thing I hadn't realised and that you still need to admit. We love each other, we belong together, as a couple."

She looked terrified and slowly shook her head from side to side muttering "No," repeatedly.

I lay down beside her on the bed and slid an arm underneath her as she stared at me wide-eyed. Eventually, she asked, "My Mum knows? Your Dad knows?"

"Yes, and they don't care, actually I'd say they were pleased. We're idiots, you know that?"

There was a minute of sniffling and a few tissues were used before Karen spoke again, "I liked what happened the other night. Kissing you was lovely and the other stuff, well it was good as well. But I was ashamed of myself the next morning. I thought that it was just too much drink. I was embarrassed and had no idea how to face anyone again. I sat in the park staring at the ducks for a couple of hours. I wanted to die; I didn't want to lose you but..."

"Answer me this. Do you think Amy and Sarah's Mum are nice, good people?"

"Yes, they're lovely."

"Does the idea that they're two women in love repel you? Do you still like Sarah, even though she's had at least two girlfriends?"

"No, they're great, but..."

"So somehow we're different?"

"No." She closed her eyes and I lay beside her silent, she needed to come to terms with this and make her own decision.