Age Gap Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I got it," he said, his voice so low I almost could not hear him. He did not back away from me and I had to look up a bit to see his face. He was handsome and I could imagine all the young girls swooning over him.

I did not know how to explain why I was alone, smoking a cigarette so I took a couple of steps back and asked him if he was enjoying the cookout.

"Yes, more than ever," he said, his eyes looking at me hotly. "I was glad I came."

"What are you enjoying the most," I said, trying to sound upbeat.

"The food is the best part," he said quickly, patting his stomach, "however, the lemonade stole the show for me."

I was surprised that he mentioned the lemonade I made. I cleared my throat, "That was all me," I said, "It's a special recipe, passed down through generations."

"It was yummy," he said. "I wouldn't mind seeing it every day."

"Seeing it?"

"Did I say see it?"

He inched closer to me again and I felt that he was deliberately crowding my space.

I'm imagining it, I thought taking a few steps back,he is just a child.

"Jackson there you are," said a petite small girl, walking up to us. She had on a short skirt and a tank top that was a bit too short, her hair was spiky and her skin was covered in tattoos.

Must be his girlfriend, I thought, relieved. Look your reading signals are all wrong Candice,it's been such a long time.

"Well, I'll leave you two at it," I said, walking back to the activities, my chest feeling lighter somehow.

Jackson

I cursed under my breath when Nina interrupted us. I was kicking myself for insisting that she come after getting the shock of my life when I saw Candice at the cookout. She was beautiful as ever, walking around speaking to everyone and making sure the event ran smoothly. I should have known she would be here, considering her track record for volunteerism. When we arrived the park was already crowded and in full swing. I was not in a good mood after a long drive and Nina wanted to blast newage music the entire trip which made my head pound.

"Let's just get this over with," I said. I started looking for signs of the event coordinator when I heard a familiar voice calling out numbers. Nina went in search of food, leaving my feet to carry me over to the voice that haunted my dreams. There she was, standing there looking confident and beautiful, her hair in that messy ponytail that I imagined so often. She was smiling when she announced the winners of the raffle and my heart fluttered when she looked in my direction.

She's breathtaking, I thought, my heart pounding. I found myself following her when she headed toward the restroom concession and I stood outside the women's room awkwardly before going into the men's room so I didn't look like a creep. I waited in there for I don't know how long before deciding to just find Nina but when I opened the exit door, there she was, giving me a startled look, a cigarette between her fingers.

I was struck at how I was finally close to her and alone. She said a few words to me, but my heart was straining against my chest and I did not hear a word she said. After staring at her for a few moments, I decided to break the silence, and while we spoke, it was all I could do not to reach out and bring her against me and hold her tight. Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes were red as if she'd been crying and I felt protective. I moved closer to her, however, she kept backing away. I was about to do something foolish and bring her into my arms when Nina interrupted us.

"Who was that," Nina asked me, while we walked toward the donation stand.

"A friend's mother," I said.

"The food is incredible here did you try anything yet?"

"Nothing yet," I said, thinking back to Candice and my conversation. I made up a story that I had eaten just so I could spend a few more moments talking to her and the conversation paid off.

I smiled.

"I think I'll try the lemonade."

I know it took a while to get four out but the two main characters finally interacted and I am ready to write act two of this story I am excited for them, their chemistry is going to be hot.

12