Age Really is Just a Number Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Come on. That was good form. Stay tight," Shana barked. "Let's get more."

With equal confidence, Kasey quickly stroked out another rep. Standing above her, I could see the excitement on her face, knowing she'd done something she hadn't done the week before.

"Come on babe, you've got at least one more in you," I said. She nodded and lowered the bar to her chest once again. It seemed to stick. Shana and I instantly started cheering Kasey on. The bar moved slowly, but it was still moving. I kept my hands ready to grab it if need be, but I wouldn't touch it until it was absolutely necessary. I wanted her to know that she'd done it. Kasey kept grinding and with all her effort, she was able to lock it out. After I helped her rack it, she practically leapt of the bench. She hugged Shana first before coming to me.

"I can't believe I did that," she said breathlessly.

"Believe it, you did it, babe," I smiled. "You've done something a handful of women will ever attempt and you're just getting started."

Her smiled was amazing and we hugged tightly. She looked up and gave me a quick kiss.

"Ugh hmmm," Shana groaned. "If you two can quit making out, I'd like to try a rep at 265."

"Yes, ma'am," I said, moving to get the necessary plates. Kasey headed towards the other plate rack. Shana walked behind me and gave me a firm swat on the ass. "What was that for?"

"That was a reminder that I want to see you lift hard for us tonight. I may not end up under you later like she will, but it still gets me so fucking hot watching you lift," she laughed.

"I'll see what I can do," I said.

"You better," she smiled, as she walked on to the chalk bowl.

---

After we finished, there was the usual Friday night beer and bullshit session. Joel held court as was custom. Being an attorney, he loved being in front of a crowd talking. Kasey sat close to me and there was no mistaking the things that'd occurred between us since the week before. Joel went out of his way to mention her and make her feel welcome. I knew my oldest friend and I would need to have a talk as I was sure he was wondering. As things wound down, each member talked about which meets they intended to compete in the coming months. It was something we expected of everyone that trained in our gym. You worked out in our facility, you competed. No questions asked. I'd taken advantage of the policy since Marsha passed, but I knew it was a matter of time before Joel would remind me. Shana went first.

"I'm going to the State meet. I want to qualify for Nationals early, so I can start getting ready for Worlds," she said confidently. Each lifter afterwards stated their own goals. Joel had his legal pad and was taking notes, as he and I went to every meet we had lifters entered. He called Kasey's name last and I turned to her expecting to see shock on her face. Instead there was a look of confidence.

"I'm going to State and I plan to qualify for Nationals," she said firmly. Shock didn't fully encompass my emotions. She finally turned to me and smiled. I quickly turned to Shana sitting on my other side. She ran her fingers through her purple hair and shrugged her shoulders. I continued to look at her.

"What? She's strong enough. She needs to get a meet under her belt," Shana said.

"Okay," I said.

"And you need to enter the meet too," Shana said firmly.

"Shana...," I started.

"Scott, you need to quit making excuses. You're still the strongest, juice free, 242-lb guy out there. We all look up to you and you're just going through the motions. You've got good years ahead of you. Marsha, wouldn't be happy to know you stopped competing," Shana replied. I felt Kasey grab my arm. When I looked at her, I knew that this hadn't just been Shana, they'd talked about this together. Shana was right though, I'd been making excuses. I was a little uncomfortable that I'd been called out in front of the group, but I couldn't play it off. The crew looked up to me. I needed to lead them more than I'd been doing.

"Scott," Joel called my name last.

I looked briefly between Kasey and Shana. "I'm going to enter the State meet first and we'll see where we go from there."

"Okay, that's fair enough," Joel laughed. The rest of the crew did too.

"Those of you that have been around awhile know what that means, right," I asked. Several of the faces smiled and nodded. I felt my role immediately change from coach back to pack leader. "Good, as for those of that don't, I'd get stocked up on liniment and ibuprofen. We're gonna start kicking ass like never before."

There were several whoops, but mostly there were knowing nods. Our morning crew that Joel dealt with primarily were all solid, dedicated powerlifters and strongmen that knew what they needed to do. The night crew were a good group, but they needed seasoning which was why I liked to work with them. Fortunately, I had a few veterans like Shana that I could rely on. We kept up the small talk for a bit and some drank a second beer. Joel said he'd stay after and clean up, so Kasey, Shana and I grabbed our gear and headed to the door.

When we were outside, I saw Shana grinning from ear to ear.

"What," I asked.

"I knew eventually I'd get you to compete again," she laughed and nodded towards Kasey. "I just needed help." I looked at Kasey and saw her smiling at me.

"Yeah, I guess you did," I finally grinned, before turning back to Shana. "Just remember, you only did one full training cycle with me."

"I know," she said. "But I'm ready for it."

"You better be," I said. I raised my hands and she gave me a double high-five. "You working tonight?"

"Yeah," she said. "I'm running late already. See you all Sunday."

"Bye," Kasey said.

"Bye," I added. We watched Shana drive off before we walked to the truck. After I opened the door, I took Kasey in my arms and kissed her softly.

"I didn't need an intervention," I said.

"I know you didn't, but Shana and I have been talking and we thought we should get you into a meet," Kasey explained.

"You and Shana have been talking a lot," I smiled.

"Yeah, I mean we're total opposites, but we have been getting along great. I met her for lunch a couple times last week," Kasey replied.

"That's good," I smiled. "Shana's lived a lot of years for her age."

"Yeah, I can tell," Kasey said. "There's such a difference between her and my other friends. She's so open and honest."

"That's the truth," I smiled. "Let's go home."

"Yes, let's go home," Kasey smiled.

---