Airport Strip Search Pt. 03

Story Info
Two male college students get sentenced in court.
806 words
4.04
3.8k
00

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 05/24/2024
Created 05/21/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 3: The Sentencing

---------------------

There were no windows in the van so it was hard to tell where we were or how long we were on the road. Eventually however, we came to a stop and were led out of the van. I realized we were back in the city center and in front of what appeared to be a courthouse.

The guard led us through a side entrance, up 2 flights of stairs and into a courtroom where there was already a jury and judge seated. Compared to how everything else seemed in this backward-ass country, I was surprised at how efficient this all was.

I took a seat next to Luke and what I assumed was our lawyer.

"Gentlemen -- I'm a public defender appointed to assist you in your case. We only have a few moments so I'll put this very simply: plead guilty and express remorse. This is not the United States. You boys do not have rights here, the evidence is clear and the punishment for the crimes you are accused of is normally severe."

"Wait but shouldn't we - " I was interrupted by the judge's gavel banging.

"Please rise for the honorable Judge Lopez. The case of Puerto Yanez vs Richman and Wells is now in session." The bailiff said.

"Gentlemen, you are accused of illegal possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and weapon ammunition. How do you plead?"

This was all moving so fast I thought. Luke and I both looked at each other and remembered what the lawyer said. Plead guilty and show remorse. Luke nodded his head.

"We plead guilty your honor. We promise we did not mean to break the laws of your beautiful country and will never do so again. We ask that you please grant us mercy and allow us to go home." I said nervously.

Judge Lopez looked at me intently for a few moments, likely trying to discern if I was being genuine or not.

She nodded her head.

"I appreciate your honesty gentlemen. You have saved not only my time, but the jury's time. Unfortunately, as much as I understand that you regret your actions, the law must be enforced. The drug charges normally carry a 5 year sentence and the weapons charges normally carry a 7 year sentence."

My heart sank. I turned to my left and saw Luke's cheeks turn red.

"However ... there is an alternative sentence that has not been carried out on a foreigner in several decades that I would be willing to grant given these exceptional circumstances."

The jury and our public defender gasped.

"As long as you agree to never step foot on our island again at the conclusion, I am willing to instead sentence you to 24 hours of public humiliation. I will accept petitions for conditions from the public for the next 2 hours. If you agree to this punishment now, you are agreeing to those conditions."

Although it seemed like a no brainer, Luke and I turned to the public defender for his advice.

"I know this seems like an easy decision for you, and it may very well be, but you need to keep in mind that to my knowledge there has never been a public humiliation sentence here of longer than a few hours, let alone one involving 2 foreigners. It is a relic of our country's colonial history and with the sometimes-xenophobic public being allowed to petition for specific conditions, there is no saying what you gentlemen will be subject to." Said the public defender.

Luke and I briefly conferred but we agreed that no matter what happens, there is no way we would choose a 5+ prison sentence. Besides, what's the worst that could happen? People laugh at us in our undies?

"We accept your honor, thank you for showing us mercy."

"Very well. You will be remanded to the custody of corrections department until tomorrow morning when your sentence is set to begin. Appropriate preparations and communications will be performed overnight."

I wanted to question what she meant exactly by "appropriate preparations and communications but decided not to.

The judge banged her gavel once more and the bailiff walked us out of the room where the corrections officer was already waiting.

"They're all yours Gabriel." The bailiff said.

"Is it true? The sentence that Lopez gave them? It's been years and I don't think I've ever heard of it being carried out on foreigners before. The Americans are not going to be happy." The officer joked.

The bailiff simply nodded his head, and we made our back to the jail where we would unfortunately be staying another night. I don't know about Luke, but it took me hours to manage to fall asleep. The uncertainty of what was going to happen tomorrow had me anxious.