All Comments on 'Alexandra: 1865'

by luv2custrip

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
Campus77Campus772 months ago

Ok we now know Alexandra. How does she fit into the story 175 years later?

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Cleveland2 months ago

I was first charmed by the witchy Alexandra back in "Nude Therapy - Phase 06" (October 2023). I'm glad that now she not only reappears but seems now to be the main character of a series.

I think this chapter is at its best when its attitude is complex and ambiguous--for instance in the characterization of Alexandra and maybe JW Booth (and, to an extent, Lincoln). It's at its best most of the time. Here and there, though, the tone is a bit like a patriotic, melodramatic potboiler. ("The Group sees this still-fledgling country as the greatest hope in spreading democracy on Earth.")

Overall, though, the story is impressive, especially in its inventiveness: the Group, the Elementals, Alexandra puzzling about exactly how human she might or might not be. Making the story's heroine a succubus was a wonderful idea--such gals haven't gotten a lot of good publicity, or sympathy, in Western literature in the past 900 years. Five stars for inventiveness in this chapter, and I'm looking forwards to more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userluv2custrip@luv2custrip
Hello. I will be taking a break from writing due to some serious health issues. When I wrote my first story in December 2022, I decided to keep writing until I had at least one Hot story. Now I have 42 of 62… and 435 followers! Hoping to get back soon, thank you all.