Alice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He growled again and stood up straight, yanking his hand free and taking her hips in both hands. She was immediately sorry as he rammed into her while yanking her hips back to meet his thrusts, She screamed again and again, struggled to get free, grasping the blankets and pulling, trying to get away. She had no way to kick her feet, she could only open her legs like scissors as she dangled there and she tried to drum her heels into his knees, but it had no effect.

He roared angrily, bending over her again and slamming into her, holding himself there. She calmed, knowing it was over, but then her eyes opened again as he held himself there. He had not spent himself... he was not done. He was resting, or something was wrong.

Please let this end! she begged to whoever might hear her silent plea.

She realized then that she was the only one who could end this. He was unable to enjoy himself enough to end it because of her and how badly she was reacting to him. It would not end until she helped it end.

She did not want to. She lay trembling silently as he began moving again, more slowly now. She gripped the blankets and tried not to whimper as her sore pussy took more abuse. She was not wet for him, not excited at all, she knew that was part of why it hurt so badly, and part of why he was not enjoying it as much either.

Gathering her courage, she pushed up off the bed. His hand went to her shoulder to push her back down, but she quickly took his hand and pulled it around to her front, to her breast as she leaned further back, against him. He moved his other hand around to hold her as he continued to drill into her from behind. She pushed his hand lower as she moved her skirts, to touch her like he had before, to excite her. She closed her eyes and tried to imagine Ben, his hands, his arms, his bed, but it was no use. It was Havilan here, his hands, his arms, his bed. It was him that she saw when she closed her eyes, his smouldering emerald eyes, always looking for something to pounce on. His fingertips grazed her bud and she gasped softly as she held his fingers there. He moved his hips more more slowly as his fingers rolled over her and she ignored the pain and gave herself fully to the pleasure. This would end it. This would let him end it.

He groaned as she began getting wet, easing his passage and she let her head drop back to his chest as she held her hands over his, one on her breast, one between her legs.

"Purr for me," he whispered, his voice rough with need.

"Nnnhhhhhnnn," she moaned, rolling her head on his chest, pressing her face to his arm. She was panting now as pleasure spiked through her, his fingertips working her in time with his thrusts. The pain had abated completely and now she only felt full and tense with the need to come. "Ooooh, yes! There! More, please... Nnnnhhhnnn..." Her hand moved along his arm and up to his neck, her fingers sliding into his hair. "Ooohhh! I... I..."

She came with a loud moan, clamping her walls around his cock and forcing him to drive her down to the bed as he roared in pleasure, coming deep iside of her. He throbbed as wave after wave hit her, her pussy squeezing his cock over and over again until she had milked him dry.

They both lay there, panting and trying to regain their senses for more than five minutes. Finally, he eased out of her and rolled enough that he didn't have to hold himself off of her. She pulled up onto the bed and curled on her side and they both lay there for a few more minutes. He sat up and stood suddenly, then flipped her skirts down and pulled her off the bed to stand. Her knees immediately gave in and he had to hold her up for a moment, then lead her to the door as she quickly wiped her face. He pulled it open and stood looking out at some very pale and ashamed faces. They would not look at him.

Leona immediately went to Alice and helped her to the dressing room, two more servants with her and Havilan watched her go. He turned back to the others who were waiting, wondering if one of them were going to dare speak out. His brother finally did. "Hav, time is running short, we are already late. Maybe we can talk another time about... other things. For now, you need to get ready. Everyone is waiting."

"Let them wait," Havilan snapped irritably. "If you have something to say, say it."

"We could hear her crying for help out here!" Greggory said angrily.

"No one intervened on her behalf," Havilan sneered.

"How could we? She is your wife."

"Exactly. So leave it. You tend to Mal and I will tend to Alice."

"Hav, you would snap my neck if I treated Greggory the way you treated her! Or his if he treated me that way. She isn't..."

"What she isn't, is yours to worry about. What she isn't, is nearly as mistreated as you think. Leave it, Mal, or we will have more than words about it."

"If we must, Hav. She is..."

"This can be addressed another time," Avery cut in quickly. "Your Highness, we really do need to hurry."

Havilan's manservant hurried to him and held the door for him. Havilan gave his brother a final scowl before following the servant and shutting the door.

Alice came out moments later, her face flushed, but still looking lovely in a rose pink gown and matching jewelry. Her hair was spun up on her head with two long, golden pins poking out, tiny ornamental roses cascading down off the ends of them.

Greggory went to her quickly and bowed, kissing her hand. "You look breathtaking!" he said with a smile.

She offered him a tremulous, shy smile, but her eyes snapped fearfully to the bedroom door as it opened. Havilan stepped through and she stared a moment. He hardly looked like the same man, his wild hair pulled back and tamed into a tight braid. His suit looked... regal and not unkempt or wrinkled at all. He looked like a king.

Her eyes went to his and he was looking down at her as well. He held his arm out and she went to him, sliding her hand into his offered arm.

She noticed the others in the room watching both of them warily.

"Are we standing here or doing this?" Havilan demanded.

"Of course Highness, forgive me," Avery said hastily. "We will go first, you follow just after to the gold hall. When the music begins, you will be announced and you will both step out for the invocation and crowning."

Havilan's scowl deepend and he looked over at his brother. "Are you sure you won't do this?" he demanded.

"Not for anything in the world. This was always meant for Ben, not us. It falls to you and I want no part of it."

"First fucking thing I am doing is naming you Captain General."

"No! Hav! No! What about Lamont?!?"

"He is almost sixty and it's past time for him to retire. No. If I have to wear a fucking crown, you will damn well stay here with me." His smile was grim as he turned back to Avery. "Get on with it."

The room emptied and Havilan stayed back, waiting a moment after everyone left. He put his hand over hers a moment, then faltered. "You don't look... awful," he said gruffly.

"Neither do you," she answered calmly.

"Ben... would have been lucky."

"We both would have."

"I don't hate you," he said in a rush. "But it is hard to like you."

"We have little in common, as little as you and Ben had in common. You have kept your vow... you are no longer required to..."

"I will do as I wish," he said heatedly.

"So that is it. It is what you wish. If... if you have needs you must meet, I will not fault you for finding someone more to your taste and being... discreet with her."

"No," he said angrily. "And you'll not be doing any such thing either. You are mine."

Alice turned to look up at him then, the heated jealousy rolling off of him as he gripped her hand almost painfully. "Of course I would not," she said quietly. "I only meant that if you should like to..."

"Leave it," he hissed. "Come." He led her from the room, half dragging her as he walked too quickly. She heard a loud sort of thundering buzz coming from the throne room and she pulled back, yanking her hand out of his. "What are you doing?" he demanded angrily as she stood, staring at the wide arches that led to the throne room.

"I... I do not like crowds very much. It would not be so bad if I were not so short, but I am so closed in with people so close. I can see only waists and chests and bodicices all pressing in on me, like I am trapped."

"We will not be going that way," he said more gently. He took hold of her hand and tugged her to a hall behind the throne room, and then a door that opened to a small room gilded in gold and painted a striking green with gold accents.

A man was there waiting, wearing the same sort of robes Seffan had been wearing. He was much younger than Seffan had been and he looked wide eyed and terrified as he looked up at Havilan.

"Your highness! Your highnesses! I am... I am Brother Rufus, I was brought in this morning? For the convocation and blessing?"

Havilan scowled down at the petite and terrified man, and Alice felt badly for the obviously inexperienced boy. Where had they found him? "Brother Rufus, thank you," she said gently. "This is our first time doing this as well. It was kind for you to come on such short notice after what happened. Please, have no fears, just do as you must."

"Yes. Yes, thank you, your highness."

"Just Alice, please."

The man blushed and his eyes flicked to Havilan again, but Havilan still scowled down at the man. "Yes. Yes. Well. Once I step out, I will begin the convocation. You will hear the trumpets and then you will step out and I will say the blessing and you will both be crowned. It will be very simple I am afraid, I have had no time to learn or prepare or..."

"Whatever you do will be fine. My husband has little patience this morning anyway, shorter is better," Alice assured him quickly. Havilan growled.

"Yes," Rufus said faintly, avoiding looking at Havilan again. "Yes. Well. We will begin then. Remember to wait for the trumpets?" He slipped out the door before waiting for an answer.

"Where the fuck did you find him?" Havilan asked angrily and Alice looked up at him in shock. He wasn't looking at her though, he was looking at Henry who was slipping in the door.

"Had to go North, first priest we found that Seffan hadn't been in constant contact with. He is pretty new to his robes, green as hell, but he suits your needs."

"I want him gone the second this is over," Havilan snapped.

"No!" Alice said quickly. "If you want a priest loyal to you and not Seffan and his ilk, you should keep him on. Be good to him, let him train here, rise up here. He will be grateful to you for all you have done for him and be your loyal servant. Be nice to him."

"The girl speaks sense," Henry allowed. "And your highness," he continued, turning to look down at her, "my most humble apologies for yesterday. I did not know how things had transpired and..."

"Think nothing of it, you thought you were wishing your friend well."

"Well, friend is a generous word," he laughed, but it was strained. He was trying to make light, trying to ease the tension and sadness.

Alice gave him a small, grateful smile and he shrugged apologetically.

"You come for a reason?" Havilan asked impatiently. "I thought he said this would be short?"

"Only to keep you company while the priest read from the tomes. I know how you love to wait. You clean up ok I guess. How long after this is over before you take that tight coat off and yank your hair out of that tie?"

"Fuck off Henry," Havilan said, but there was amusement in his voice.

"Tonight we will drink, my friend. A toast to you and your lovely wife, a toast to your long and happy reign and a toast to your fallen father and brother. We will..."

The door opened again and Alice turned as John stepped in, his face pale.

"What the fuck are you doing here, maggot?" Havilan roared.

John flinched, but stepped closer. "Alice, I need to speak to you, it is urgent!"

"She'll go nowhere with you, boy," Havilan sneered, stepping between them.

"Havilan! Please, John, what is it? You can say anything in front of Havilan and his friend as well."

"Olivia," he said quickly, still pale and frightened looking.

"What about her? Was she not taken with Malachai?"

"No! No, they never even questioned her... and this morning she had a bag packed... and her father is in the throne room."

"Her father?" Henry asked, confused.

"Yes. He says he is here for the coronation like everyone else..."

"Why is that so odd then?" Havilan snapped. "Out with it!"

"He lives... they live too far. There was no way he could have known about the coronation in time to come unless he was already on his way."

Havilan growled. "Henry, tell the priest to stall. You, boy, do you know who Captain Avery is?"

"Yes your highness."

"Get him, bring him here, quickly."

Henry and John both slipped out and Alice bit her lip pensively. "Will this never end?" she asked aloud, but mostly to herself.

"Not so long as anyone thirsts for power and another has it," Havilan spat.

She turned to look up at him. "Then let them have it. We can go. Back to Lonai. Me, you, Malcolm, Greggory... everyone we want to take with us. There will be a place for everyone there. No more of this mess you people call a kingdom! It is all just petty bickering and fighting over nothing! What good is power if you never have a moment's peace of happiness?!?"

"Would that I could, girl," he said gently. "I made a promise. You were there, you heard me."

"You don't want to be here any more than I do! Let the dead rest and move on with your own life. He will understand and be happier for it if you can find your own happiness. Please Havilan, we don't have to..."

The door opened and Avery came in, John right behind him, both of them looking tense.

"Boy," Havilan snapped. "Tell him what you told me."

John quickly told Avery everything while Havilan looked down at Alice searchingly, holding both of her hands in his.

"Should I detain him?" Avery asked Havilan.

"Him and anyone else who happened to show up though they live too far for it to be natural. Take the boy with you, he seems to know a great deal about who to watch out for. Let him help you. What is your name, boy?"

"John. Jonathan Beaurdeax."

Havilan paused then and eyed the boy uncertainly. Alice also turned in surprise.

"How long have you been a ward here?" she asked in shock.

"I was born here. Ben and I came up together."

"Did he know?" Havilan asked, still sounding shaken.

"He did. He did not tell anyone. Are you going to kill me?"

"No. No, cousin, I will not kill you. I have questions for later, but for now, go with Avery and assist him. Avery... treat the princeling well."

They left and Alice looked up to Havilan, trying to read his face. "You did not know?" she asked.

"There was talk after grandfather broke their line... and there have always been so many wards here. Hell, four years ago, a servant moved himself into the ward dorms and lived there for two years before one of the other servants recognized him when she was transferred. He might still be living there if she hadn't. He has been here the whole time... and... and he never plotted against us? Are you sure of that?"

"Positive. I went to the meetings he set up to keep an eye on Malachai and Olivia, Mastien, Jorden and Lorelai. All of them in that circle. He coordinated everything to keep us informed and them from actually being able to do anything. Why would those people be here? Today? I know I heard Greggory saying that no one but your own guards would be carrying a weapon today? What could they do?"

"I'm not sure, but something. I want to go have a look, see if..."

"NO! No... please. I... Just don't go out there. Let the others do it?"

"Do you fear losing me as well, Alice?" he asked, looking down at her in confusion. "Even after this morning?"

"I know you meant to hurt me this morning... to punish me for some perceived slight... but I am still your wife. I would not wish harm to anyone, least of all my husband. No matter how... wrongheaded he can be."

"It would be easier for you, a widow, to return home to your peace and happiness."

"There would be no peace in my heart if I could find even the smallest joy in the death of anyone. I would rather live a hundred years in this hell than be able to go home and live happily because you died."

"What if I do not want you to stay here?" he asked, moving closer, backing her against the wall.

"What choice do either of us have? I know you do not want me here."

"No.You misunderstand. What if I sent you away from all of this? Sent you to your father to keep you safe while I rule this hell alone. Not to be rid of you, but to keep you from this hell?"

"I would say you do not care for me enough to make such a gesture. And if you were to try, I would not go. I am from Lonai. Do you know nothing of us?"

"I do," he whispered, leaning in closer, hovering over her. "Sailors... male or female either have to be single or they come as a set. Married. Married pairs do not separate unless death parts them. No matter what the job is. Even soldiers. The women fight too, alongside their husbands. When they have kids, they can no longer be soldiers, neither of them. They stay together for life."

"Then you know I would not go."

"Because it's your duty to stay?" he asked, dropping to a knee as he pressed her against the wall, his face mere inches above hers now.

"For one thing," she answered, swallowing hard and looking down.

"And for another?" he asked, tilting her face up with a finger under her chin.

"I do not know what you wish to hear from me, husband," she said, her voice choking with emotion. "I will be your loyal and true wife, but do not ask me to care for you. Not as I did..."

"My brother," he finished, when she could not. "No. But you still care. Enough that you fear me dying in a very ingrained way. You cannot even say why or admit why, but you do not want me hurt. Even last night when I returned with blood, you were terrified it was mine."

"I was worried for my friends," she said quickly, defensively.

"Perhaps, but your initial fear was for me. I saw how you looked at me, looking me over for wounds, the way you tried to control your fear, school your face. I have not kissed you yet, Alice."

"I know. I would prefer you did not... Not here, not now."

"How long until Ben kissed you?"

"Not your concern."

"The first week? The first day? The boy could charm the skirts off an Oshonna priestess. I bet it was one day. Am I wrong?"

"You don't know what you are talking about!" she said heatedly, angrily. Ben was NOT a womanizer!

He chuckled. "Which of us did not know him, Alice? Ask Clarissa who taught him all he knew and more when he was only thirteen. He was a beautiful boy even then. Ask your friend Olivia how many nights she stayed in his rooms and not her own. She only got angry when he was as good as his word when he'd said he'd never marry her. She knew before he laid a hand on her, but she thought she could convince him. She was woefully ignorant. Or you can ask your friend Daljir..."

"Enough! Stop it! You are lying! And trying to ruin my image of him! He loved me!"

"No doubt he did. You were exactly what he always wanted in a girl. Exactly. I'm just saying he was charming and I am betting he kissed you the first day."

"Well you are wrong!"

"Am I? The second day then? I am your husband and you would deny me a kiss when you kissed another so freely. A man not your husband? We have done more than share a kiss, why is a kiss off the table when bedding you isn't?"

"I have a duty in my marriage bed, but not out! Why are you doing this? Why now of all times? Please move, this is a horrible time for you to toy with me this way!"