All Comments on 'Alice Across the Hall'

by MisterNatural

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

I loved it, very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Virtual Widower

I relate strongly to the characters in this tale. My wife and I are of the same age as these two, and have had a long and loving marriage. About seven yers ago m wife began to exhibit simptoms of dementia . A long slow decline followed. Within the last six months I have been dating a wonderful woman who knew of my situation early on. our relationship has deepened, and she has Ben supportive and comforting.

Indeed I wonder how I could have continued caring for my wife(she is at home) without her. Some friends and aquanteces have said things like” what ever happened to in sickness and in health. To hem I Say don’t judge unless you’re been there.

PA

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Single Grandfather, 72

I just turned 72, two days ago. I am divorced, but still friends with my Ex, but it is hard to hook up with women my own age because I don't go out much and I don't drive. I found the story touching. I wish I could have friends down the hall; living in senior housing would help. I had dabbled in the on-line singles game, but felt that it was fake and just a way for shady corporations to make big money on chat. Those guys should be shut down. It is all a lie. At least I don't have to cheat, but it would be so nice to meet a friendly lady or two.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 5 years ago
@Anonymous (Single grandfather, 72)

Just wanted to tell you that not ALL of the "online dating sites" are scams. I met - and soon began dating - a wonderful, lovely lady on match.com. We have now been married for more than ten years, and she is The Love of my Life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous