All Black Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Pardon?" Professor Clifford interrupts, but Sister Emery silences him with a gesture.

"It might even be an accurate description of our world, at least in a secular sense. But if I can speak freely...."

"The inquisition is off duty tonight," President Fox assures him.

"... it is essentially demonic."

"Ah, now, see, this is what we came for," Sister Emery winks at Angie.

"I am intrigued," Shiva smiles, sitting back and putting his arm on the back of the sofa behind Angie.

"A unitarian theology, having no understanding of divine love, puts in its place sheer demonic force."

Professor Clifford loudly sucks his teeth.

"We do indeed live in a world dominated by force," Father Papadopoulos continues, "no matter whether the rulers take the name of kings and emperors or of elected representatives, whether they are put in place by a small number of knights bearing swords or a large number of proletarians bearing guns. In the end, the questions are who has the power to take and who has the power to keep."

Shiva nods. "I see."

"And the ruler of this world," Father Papadopoulos looks sadly at Shiva, "is Satan."

Shiva smirks with appreciation for that idea, and Father Padadopoulos goes on:

"The Holy Trinity, however, the God of Love revealed in the incarnation, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, is not on the side of the powerful, never on the side of the wealthy or powerful, but always and everywhere on the side of the poor and weak. You can locate him at what you see as the bottom of the chain. But the good news for the world — not for the rulers but for the poor, the oppressed — is that your chain is upside down, for in the Kingdom of Heaven the first shall be last and the last shall be first."

Shiva nods at him with a wide smirk, and then tips his glass to Professor Clifford. "You were right," he says. "A Marxist and a Protestant."

"Far worse," Professor Clifford agrees. "A bloodier villain than terms can give out."

"Well," Shiva stands, and the room stands with him, taking turns shaking his hand, "The Grand Inquisitor has ruled. I'd love to hang around for the martyrdom, but I'm jet-lagged, it's past my bedtime, and I'd like to get Angela home as she needs to rest up to have the energy to explain original sin to the Doctor of the Latins here."

— — — — — — / — — — — — — — — —

Outside the house, as the president and his wife and the other guests wave goodbye, Shiva holds the door for her on one side of the car, then for propriety's sake he closes it behind her, walks around, and gets in on the other side.

"Was I okay?" Angie asks, as soon as the driver closes the door behind Shiva.

"Okay? What do you mean?"

"I was trying to represent you well, like on your list."

"You're a natural," he assures her. "You have nothing to worry about."

"Thank you," she says, venturing to touch his face tenderly — the first time she's initiated physical contact with him. "Are you tired?"

"Not at all," he grins at her, taking her hand to kiss it. "I slept on the plane. They were boring the hell out of me and I just wanted to be alone with you."

His kisses move from her hand to her wrist, and then he pauses to look into her eyes.

"Come home with me tonight. We can be at my house in half an hour."

She's given up even trying to persuade herself to do the right thing. She will hazard her religious beliefs, her principles, her future, her standing among her family and friends — all of it — for a chance to love this wonderful man.

"Okay," she agrees.

But then something hits her.

She pulls back, pushing him away.

"Half an hour?" she asks.

"Sure," he answers, reaching for her.

"How?"

"The helicopter's fast," he says.

"Let's go by car."

"Why? I've waited almost two weeks to see you again. I don't want to wait."

"Yeah, but, me too, but we can talk and stuff in the car."

"And stuff?" Shiva smirks, flashing his eyebrows. "We can do 'stuff' more comfortably at my house."

"No," Angie insists. "I can't go on that."

"On that?"

"The helicopter?"

"Why not?"

"The crash...."

"Oh," Shiva almost almost laughs. "I'd forgotten. That must've scared you."

"Yeah."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Fine, then, let's go by car. We can talk... and stuff."

"Yes," she agrees.

He pushes a button and the privacy screen goes transparent.

"Shawna?"

"Yes, Mister Black?"

"We're just going to drive all the way home. Let everyone know."

"Yes, Mister Black."

"Thank you."

"Yes, sir."

He pushes the button and they're alone again.

"Come here," he tells Angie. "I need you."

Looking at him in the darkness, she nods and lifts herself onto his lap, into his embrace, and tastes the sweet forbidden fruit of his kiss.