All is Fair Ch. 01

Story Info
Josh's Holidays aren't easy with Bitchy Audrey in tow.
14.1k words
2.45
4k
6

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is a story that will primarily deal with themes such as unhappiness, verbal (and light physical) relational abuse, temptation, and eventually cheating (though these 2 aspects of the story will not be explored until Ch. 02). While each chapter may/will contain erotic elements and scenes, the primary focus is stil on the actual "story" of the work. In other words, there will be a lot of buildup and character development that leads into the "juicier" parts of work, akin to a novel or novella. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope you all enjoy!

* * * * *

...Now maybe Josh was a romantic, or an idealist. Maybe a few details of that night were obscured, or a few memories of it glossed over or buffed out. It was a nice night, after all, and he liked to keep it that way. Whatever the case, that was the night he met Audrey Filmore. And the night he... lost his virginity. Finally found a girl for himself, the one thing he was missing just when and where he least expected. It was wonderful

Incredible.

He felt on top of the world

But now...

Josh grunted. The strain of the weights on his limbs practically immobilized him. He couldn't take another step forward. It burned. It burned so bad.

Now...

"Uch! God, are you COMING?!" a bratty voice could be heard yelling. The sweat pouring down Josh's head made his glasses slip, just below his eyes. The blurry figure of a small, petite, perfectly dressed young woman could be seen impatiently waiting far in front of him. The sterile white of the environment only made the weight of the bags more sickening. Josh grunted again.

Now...

"We don't have all FUCKING day you know!" the voice said again.

Summoning all his strength and willpower, Josh raised a shaking limb to push his glasses back up, just before they fell off his head. The girl came into focus. Audrey came into focus. Tapping her bright blue heels that matched perfectly with her bright blue frilly dress. The same bright blue dress that wonderfully contrasted with the remaining red streaks of her now synthetic blonde hair, and her intense, fiery eyes.

Josh knew what'd happen if he kept her waiting, so he didn't tempt fate any further. The skinny young man stumbled over, bags upon bags in tow.

"S-Sorry, babe. Just a little... t-thirsty, is all; heh..." he weakly offered

Audrey rolled her eyes "Well then go find a drink stand or something, 'cause I'm not here to fucking babysit you" she snapped before walking off toward yet another store at the mall. Josh's face strained in pain, along with the rest of his body. Nevertheless, he did his best to bear the weight and follow along, like a stumbling little puppy behind its master.

Now...

...Things weren't so great

Audrey, of course, always loved to get her Tri-weekly shopping in (usually at the mall). And of course, Josh was always obliged to accompany her whenever she did, giving her a "hand" with whatever trivial items she liked to pick up. Along with listen to a lengthy diatribe about her day (which she was always sure to splice in). And this was... manageable, for the most part. Usually. But...

♪ It's the Holiday Season (the Holiday Season!) So hoop-de-doo! and dickory dock... ♪

With Christmas just days away, it was more like her daily shopping. And the sheer bulk of what she was getting only seemed to get bigger, and bigger, and heavier, with each passing day.

Audrey's heels clacked to a stop in front of a Hot Topic.

"Hmm... You think my little cousin Wendel would like a shirt or something?" she asked.

Audrey had so many relatives to get gifts for that it was almost physically impossible to keep track of.

Didn't we already get something for Wendel?

Josh finally caught up to her "Uh... I don't know" he huffed

Audrey scoffed "Uch! Of course you don't..."

Audrey pulled out her phone and started tapping. Tap Tap Tap, it was always Tap Tap Tap. If it wasn't her talking or buying something she was always on her phone. Newest model available, of course.

The familiar ringtone of a text soon hit back, causing another scoff from her.

"Tch. Yeah whatever, let's go in" she said, marching her little legs into the store. Josh took a deep breath and trudged right behind her.

The cramped interior of the Hot Topic just made the difficulty of navigating even more compounded for Joshua. The other shoppers, all looking for gifts just like his girlfriend, didn't help either. He'd already gotten everything he was going to get weeks ago, including his gift for Audrey. But her list just seemed to have no end.

"God, this store used to be like, SO COOL, when I was, I don't know, fourteen? But now? Oof..." he could hear her say.

Audrey was a very... "negative" person, Josh decided. Well, maybe negative's kind of a harsh world. She's more... pessimistic? Irritable? Touchy? Sensitive. Yeah. She's a very sensitive kind of person. Not that that's a bad thing! Of course not! He'd... never tell her this, of course, but...

Audrey was very... "sensitive" to a lot of things. She cared, uh, "deeply" a lot about stuff.

Like... if there was a line. If the waiter was a little slow. If some... "Bitchy Ass Motherfucker" cut in front of them in traffic. Or if they didn't quite have her size at the store. Those types of things. And she was very... "outspoken" about it too. Not that she'd ever make a "scene" out of it (unless she was REALLY pissed), it's just little things like that. Snarky comments, dismissals...

Just, uh, part of the charm, you know?

"Isn't he into, like... Five Nights at Freddy's or some gay shit?" Audrey could be heard muttering, browsing the shirts. Josh didn't have an answer beside a weak shrug.

Eventually, they ended up at the cashier counter

"Excuse me, where are your Kid's sizes?" Audrey asked.

The Cashier looked like he recognized her "Oh, um... we don't carry a lot of Kid's sizes, m'am" they said as respectfully as possible.

Audrey blinked accordingly "Are you fucking kidding me right now?" she hissed, staring them down over the counter. Her eyes could melt steel.

The cashier backed up a little, out of fear "I'm, uh, a-afraid the... smallest we have are our smalls, m-m'am" he said, holding up a shirt. He looked like he was half-doing it to shield himself.

Audrey just sighed and rolled her eyes "Whatever, he'll grow into them. He's a fat little fuck anyway" she spat, digging her credit card out of her purse "Gimme like... I don't know; twelve?"

Joshua's eyes widened.

"Oh, and like, some Funko Pops or whatever" she said, putting one on the counter.

...Aaand that's how Josh ended up following with bags draped over his neck, because god knows he couldn't fit another on his arms. He grunted again. God, It was bad enough that he was being treated like a mule, but now he looked like one too.

Why the hell don't these places have buggies?!

Audrey's face was once again on her phone as they walked out. Josh was breathing hard at this point, but she didn't look too concerned.

"Alright, so... that's Jospehine and Wendel..." she listed off. Josh could barely make out what she was saying. His focus was almost entirely on maintaining the weight.

"...So that just leaves my Aunt Rina and-" she looked up

"*GASP* Kate?!" she suddenly exclaimed

A girl in the distance had a similar reaction

"Audrey?*gasp!* OMG, Hey!"

"Hey Girl~!" Audrey squealed happily, leaving Josh behind in the Hot Topic arch. From where he was, Josh could just barely make out the sight of Audrey hugging a similarly well dressed and pretty girl.

Oh, another one of her friends. Alright...

It wasn't too uncommon for one of, or MANY of Audrey's friends to tag along while her and Josh went out like this together. They were essentially carbon copies of her, in many ways. Always well dressed, always sporting perfect makeup and accessories, and always handling their Daddy's credit card. There was... maybe 5 of them all together? Audrey was clearly the "Alpha" among them, and they were always giggling and gossiping together like highschoolers. Josh didn't... "mind" them, really. He just hated how they tended to hold things up.

Like now.

Josh grunted. This time there was another pressure straining him...

"Uh, b-babe?" he asked, limping over "I REALLY gotta go to the bathroom..."

Audrey looked annoyed that he interrupted her little catch-up "Ugh, fine..." she relented

Josh smiled weakly. Sometimes Audrey could be nice

"But don't leave that shit for too long" she said, in reference to the bags "If those fucking earrings get boosted I'm gonna be PISSED" she spat.

Josh gave a nod and started toward the stalls.

"See now he fucking rushes" he overheard Audrey say, followed by her friend's giggling. Josh just took a deep breath and slogged on.

Come on Josh... don't give up now...

...

....Ahhhhhh. Sweet fuckin relief...

The piss too

Josh finished washing his hands and dried them. He rubbed his sore neck as he exited the restrooms. Thankfully, everything seemed to still be where he left it. He reached over to start piling them back on, but a sharp pain in his neck stopped him.

Gah! Man...

He rubbed his neck deeper and leaned up against the wall. The coolness of his clean hands felt good. Josh decided now would be a good a time as any to stop and catch his breath. Audrey would probably get pissed at him for taking so long, but... he could handle it. That's what he told himself at least...

"Agh..." he groaned as his neck loosened up. God...

It wasn't like he had a problem carrying things or whatever. I mean, he's the guy, right? That's his job. He wouldn't want to make Audrey do it, as little as she was... It's just- I don't know; he sees other couples pass by all the time and they're... not like he and Audrey are. Like that black haired guy and what looked like his girlfriend getting Dippin Dots. He's got a few bags on him, but he looks like he can handle it. They don't look heavy like Audrey's are, and they look like they're... laughing. Having a good time. Look, she just fed him some of their dots! Would Audrey do that for him? In the entire almost year they've been dating, he... can't really say. Maybe if she was in a good mood...

...Then again Josh isn't exactly like other guys. He'd decided that a long time ago. He wasn't particularly handsome, or muscular. He had no fucking clue how to flirt. He was tall, sure, but it wasn't much of a turn on with how lanky he was. And his interests weren't exactly what scored girls either. Audrey just kinda... fell in his lap. He still has no idea how he got a girl like her to go out with a... a chump like him. So pretty and, and-

He was lucky, he decided. Lucky to have a girl like her in his life. Sure, she's a little, uh, "sensitive" sometimes, but he's not the best either. This is all new to him. He's still learning, still trying to figure out how to be the best boyfriend he can be. She could have a dozen other guys, but she chose him. He couldn't let a girl like Audrey Filmore down. It's his... DUTY to... carry these bags for her!

...Or maybe that's what he's telling himself so he'll stop procrastinating.

Josh looked down at his phone

I really shouldn't keep her waiting any longer...

The stack of shopping bags looked intimidating, but maybe he could ease things up. Couldn't exactly drop any weight, but he could make the load a bit less awkward to carry if he just consolidated things a little. He learned that from Death Stranding.

A few unnecessary bags discarded here, A couple presents moved there, and viola! He didn't even have to hang any around his neck anymore. Still,ergkh, heavy, but... at least there's that. Now he just has to find her... which he probably should've done with his phone, but that's not an option now... He'll just head back where he left her.

Hope Audrey doesn't mind her Victoria Secret mixed in with those scented candles she got her Cousin-in-law...

When Josh turned the corner to where he left her with her friend, she was gone. Ah great...

Well she can't be too far, there's no way she'd go out buying stuff without someone to carry it, that much he did know. Maybe they stopped at the food cour-

"...Mhm Hm!" he heard. That sounded like her laughter

"Oh really? Wow..."

Yep, that was definitely her. Sounded like it was coming just around another corner.

Josh picked up on the weight on his arms and trudged forward. The load was still heavy, but at least Audrey didn't sound irritated. Probably just grabbing a frappe with that friend of her-

Josh turned the corner and Audrey came into view, along with her "friend". The same "friend" whose toned, masculine arm she was currently feeling up past their rolled up T-Shirt. Lavishing the attention with their broad jaw and smiling beard. That "friend".

"Really? It didn't take you that long to get these ♡?" Audrey mused

"Nah" he plainly answered

That "friend" was a guy.

Josh blinked

"Uh, H-Hey!" he called out.

They suddenly noticed his presence (it was a bit louder than he intended). Audrey was quick to separate herself from the dude. She cleared her throat

"A-Ah- So! Uh" she was safely at a platonic distance now "...Thanks for the help" she said, straining a smile.

"Oh, uh, no problem lady" the guy simply said.

He took a look at Josh, and then back at Audrey, and then walked away. Audrey dropped the smile as soon as he was out of sight. She now looked annoyed.

Josh stumbled over to her

"Uh, hey, what's going on?" he asked. He seemed more confused than anything else

"What, what do you mean?" Audrey averted

"...That guy" Joshua pressed

"What about him?"

"You were-"

"Oh what, so I can't talk to other guys now, is that it?" Audrey accused. She was on a sharp defensive. Joshua was boggled by her question

"What? No! ...No no, you can-"

"I was JUST asking where that new Cheese sampling stand was at. The one with the little japanese slices? Can't I at least do that without you HOUNDING me?" she degraded.

"W-Well yeah! Of course! It's just..." Josh was flabbergasted "...I'm your boyfriend. I-I can... do that stuff for you, you know? You shouldn't be... getting all close and... feeling up other guys' arm-"

"Oh, so you ARE jealous! Great, just GREAT!" she snapped

"Wait, Babe I-!"

"GOD, you're so CONTROLLING!" she huffed before marching off.

Josh was still baffled by all that was occuring. Somehow, he'd ended up the bad guy

"What? H-Hold on-" he pulled up on the bags again. They were so fucking heavy "Babe! W-Where you going?!" he pleaded

"Out to the car; gimme your keys!" she demanded, holding a hand back for him to hypothetically toss to. You know, if he could. Josh just grunted.

"Wait! I'll... head out too" he yielded, sighing.

Whenever Audrey got like this, it was better to just do what she wanted and not put up a fight. An hour ago he probably would've leaped to get out of here. But now since it was because he'd made her mad, he just felt like shit.

Audrey looked back at him, straining under the weight of all her gifts and deeply apologetic, and just rolled her eyes. Her heels were soon clacking toward the exit, Josh trudging not too far behind. The Master and her little whipped puppy

♪ ...And don't forget! To hang up your sock! 'Cause just exactly at twelve O'clock; He'll be coming down the chimney! Coming down the Chimney! Coming down the Chimney, down!♪

... Zzz ♪ It's the Holiday Season! ...And Santa Clause... Is- zZz -comin 'round... ♪ zzZ

Josh turned down the volume on his car radio (That song was nice, but it was really starting to drive him nuts). He looked over at Audrey, who was still pouting in the passenger seat. She hadn't said a word since they got in, only occasionally tapping something on her phone. Josh felt bad, but he still didn't know what to think. He... should've been the one to get mad here, right? Who was that guy anyway? Did Audrey know him? He didn't hear a name, but it sure looked like-

*BREEEEEEEERRRRRRR!*

Whoah!

Josh quickly swerved back into the right lane. Guess he'd gotten a little distracted there...

Audrey let out a sigh "God, can we PLEASE just get home in one piece? I don't wanna have fucking scars on my face when my cousin Gina comes down!" she complained.

Josh's frown dampened further, and he decided to just focus on the road.

Can't apologize if I get us both KILLED...

This was his life now.

This what Joshua's day to day existence consisted of these days.

On a whole, he'd say he was... uh. Well his life was certainly more interesting, that's for sure. He definitely got out more than he used to. And whenever Audrey was in a good mood, it was easier to forget some of the nastier moments. But he'd definitely say he was under more constant stress than he was before.

Take what happened the other day, for example. He and Audrey were getting lunch with a friend of hers. They were at a pretty nice french restaurant, owned by a guy Mr Filmore knew. Food was good, atmosphere was nice. Relaxing, you know? Well it was until-

"Um, excuse me; this fish is undercooked" Audrey said. She had stopped the owner as he was passing through. He, uh, wasn't exactly from the United States.

"Pardone?" he responded

"The fish" Audrey repeated "It's undercooked. Whoever's back there didn't fry it long enough"

"But Madam, ze skin is nearlyblac-"

That was a mistake

"Yeah, I see the skin, dumbass; I'm not fucking blind" she spat "But the actual MEAT? This shit-" she started prodding at it with a fork to show him "There's no flavor. Like it got microwaved straight out the freezer" she condescended, dropping her fork on the plate *CLANK!* . Josh grimaced, and the owner did too.

"Oh, eh... my deepest apologie, Madame Filmore. I will go, eh, pre-pare anothzer! Fresh from ze pan..." he sighed, joylessly grabbing her plate.

"Please" Audrey commanded.

The owner soon marched away, back into the kitchen. Josh felt kind of bad for him, but it was already done. At least he could finish his-

"You know what? Fuck it, I'm not hungry" Audrey decided

"What?" Josh questioned

"Let's go watch a movie or something"

"Oooo, that sounds fun!" her friend agreed. She was just as vapid as- well maybe vapid's not the right- "That new one with Joaquin Phoenix?"

"Ooo, defs!" Audrey agreed

Josh wanted to speak up, but they were already shoving shit in their purses. Of course he wasn't considered. There wasn't even anything wrong with his meal, but he guessed he had to abandon it; they were almost halfway out the door!

"W-Wait, what about the check?" he spoke up