All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 30'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentabout 3 years ago
Outstanding!

Will be watching for more. Thank you for sharing this fine tale with us.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 3 years ago
And so this top notch tale continues!!!!

Another outstanding...intriguing...thoughtful...fascinating chapter in this great saga! I am impressed with your story...totally into it...wanting more...appreciating the quality!!! Now...onto my "next fix!"

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusabout 3 years ago

Yet another excellent chapter. Keep it going. I check daily for the next chapter. You have a delightful story telling skill.

DwaynedomentntDwaynedomentntabout 3 years ago

Another fantastic installment of a great story. Please continue.

prsstaridprsstaridabout 3 years ago

Masterfully done bigtddybr

This chapter was an terrific update to the story. After reading the very first scene, I had to laugh. You thought this was a ten-chapter story? You’re at chapter 30 now and you probably have at least 30 to go just to tie up the current story lines (or more I hope).

I will have to admit I was not expecting the dire warning of possible imploding of Junelliya. I would be very much opposed that happening in the story. She is to nice to suffer that fate.

You built a little more trust between the insect alien and the humans in this chapter. I am hoping all the Pod-Drran now running around the station will not undermine that trust they are building. They need to be upfront with him about what is going on once they get the translation matrix up. He needs to know how long he was in cryo sleep if he does not know. The outcome of his people and the threat the Pod-Drran still pose to the station he is on.

The battle between Raymond and a Rai/Ro was inevitable. I thought the scene was well written. I liked that you had Raymond beat her unarmed. This told the fleet, underestimate Terran's at your peril. I am happy he was able to rescue all the abused Kirlen. This not only helped them and saved their lives, it gave Mind-Ur some of her own kind so she does not feel alone. Perhaps give all those he rescued a chance to change professions if they like. I felt real sorry for that sanitation worker. I don't think they are give a choice of a career path, perhaps she might chose to do something different with her life. I certainly would if I was her. Also, perhaps all the new Kirlean could give some input on the new crest? Kind of set a precedence of a democracy? If they are going to be citizens they start thinking that way.

This chapter is also showing some cracks in the mindset of invincibility that the race had up to this time. I am trying to guess what stupid thing the Emperor is going to do to try and get control back only to have it blow up in his face. I find it interesting that while it sounds like the Emperor is in charge of the Pod-Drran society, The Empress's no confidence vote would remove him form his office. I guess we really know who runs the Empire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fantastic. I always look forward to seeing your work. You've got a great writing style and your tale is ebbing and flowing wonderfully. Kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice! The details of your story makes one feel as if they are really there.

Mickey Ray

arrowglassarrowglassabout 3 years ago
Just read this one again and it is outstanding!!!!

I cannot seem to get enough of this story...it keeps getting better and better...a sure winner!!!!

mithanialmithanialabout 3 years ago

Really enjoying this work and want to thank you for sharing it with us all. If you had a presence on something where fans could support your work incrementally I would gladly do so.

Feedback or thoughts on the story. It's interesting thst the humans are largely the most powerful and advanced races they have met where it counts. It's a different take on most every other humans meet aliens story line and I really like that. I suspect we will run into branches of tech advancement beyond humans they will learn from. (As they have very quickly so far).

What i am looking forward to is how the err cat people that are warlike react to meting their more peaceful cousins.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story but i am confused, the Pod-Drran homeworld is first 20 ly away from the Piscium system, than it is 12ly away (see notes v5) but now in the discussion between the Emperor en Empress to send the fleet or first a reconnaissance mission it takes 27 years for them to reach homestar. The fleet travels at 80% light so that's around 20 ly or am i missing something?

bigtddybrbigtddybrabout 3 years agoAuthor

For those of you confused by the different time it takes for Pod-Drran ships to move around, do not forget that the Pod-Drran year is shorter than a Terran Standard year. That's why they are five Pod-Drran light years from the Home Star but only three Terran light years by our standards and why they are 12 Terran light years distance but it takes them 20 of there years to get to the Home Star. The 27 years is for the Piscium B Society, which is 18 Terran light years distance. Add to that the speed the are moving at, and the numbers will bare out.

prsstaridprsstaridabout 3 years ago
Question for you bigtddybr

My question is around the disparity in the population numbers between the Terrans and the Pod-Drran. The Terrans have like 150 billion+ citizens vs. the Pod-Drran's a billion.

With the Pod-Drran having 3-6 kids per birth, why is there population so much smaller that the Terrans? Do they have infrequent birth cycles? (Hell, most terran families probably don't have six kids.) Only certain females can bread? High mortality rate due to their races warrior practices?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Have to say that the time for theese stories to come up isnt what would be good for the quality of writing and for the story it self. But theese chapters are just inviting me to read more and more. I read from ch.20 to ch.30 in little over 2 days. Now thats captivating. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

From first chapter to last story line flows smoothly. Great read. Please continue with it

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

You wrote : ""Are you telling us, Madame Chair, that this years blessing..."

Should be: ""Are you telling us, Madame Chair, that this year's blessing..."

The blessing 'belongs to', or 'is a part of' the year, which means 'years' should be in possesive form.

Wildwood55Wildwood55about 2 years ago

You wrote, ""Are you telling us, Madame Chair, that this years blessing…"

It should be, ""Are you telling us, Madame Chair, that this year's blessing…"

The blessing 'belongs to', or 'is a part of', the year, so years should be in the possessive form.

When my second daughter was born, my wife was in labor for about 13 hours. My daughter was turned 90° in the birth canal, making her head too wide to pass through. The doctor couldn't figure our what to do to get her to turn; nothing he tried would work.

So, I offered up that she was bound and determined to come out with her nose pointed north, so maybe if my wife turns on her side, the baby will orient to the birth canal.

The young doc and I were friends, he was my team physician for the local high school where I was teaching & working as an Atheltic Trainer, so we were coomfortable with each other.

Sure enough, I barely got my wife turned on her side, when he said, get over here, you seem to know more about this than I do, you better hurry and catch her.

I scurried around and got in place just as my darling little girl started to crown. I gently guided her out, held her secure, and brought her into this world.

It'll be 41 years ago on May 15; seems like it was only last week. We fly through these shorts lives of ours, and the years go,by faster the older we get.

Helping others and being considerate, in general, seems to slow down old father time.

Do something kind for someone, see if it works for you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES