All Comments on 'All That Glitters Ch. 34'

by bigtddybr

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
arrowglassarrowglassalmost 3 years ago
What a story!!!!

Awesome...extremely entertaining...thought provoking...MORE PLEASE!!!!

EasyReader44EasyReader44almost 3 years ago

Another excellent chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Don't stop writing. I love it.

zorb1970zorb1970almost 3 years ago

good one. You have incredible patience to typpe out all those full names :).

TexScotTexScotalmost 3 years ago

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Crusader235Crusader235almost 3 years ago
Excellent

Another excellent chapter. I, like others are amazed you can keep all those new names straight. I'm still wondering when the other Pod-Drran planet will be contacted. Seems they are getting left behind in the contact of other Brings. Five well deserved Stars. Thank you for this wonderful read.

prsstaridprsstaridalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful chapter. They are never long enough to satisfy my appetite when reading this excellent story. I am sure I will read this chapter several more times before the next chapter is out, looking for all those little tidbits of story threads to try and guess what might happen next.

One of my concerns from the last chapter was about the unconsented mind reading the Toolend were planning to do and the possible negative repercussions that could happen. You wrote that scene well and it didn't end in catastrophe, which I was happy about.

The meet and greet scene with the different species for the diplomatic event was very insightful my favorite scene in this chapter. I really enjoyed the introduction of more depth of details of the various species at the party and their conversations with the diplomatic delegation was fascinating. It was also enlightening to see a power shift away from the Djinaete being the premier species by having the only means of FTL travel. Giving that ability to all the other races will be very impowering for them and put them on a more level footing with the Djinaete which will be better for all the Community of Sentient Species in the long run. I also thought it interesting that the Djinaete didn't develop FTL. The just had the ships that could power it.

I also really enjoyed the lecture at the Malihan Hospital scene. It was quite humorous and was great to see how Kayl-Ur and Hend-Ur characters have grown and are now Union Citizens as are all of House Ur now it seems. Kind of surprised that that was not a scene in the story.

I’m a little puzzled as to why there were not better prepared for the attempted assassination of the Kumaraie in this chapter based on the prophecy in the last chapter. I will send you a PM of my notes on that but on a side note, has the Kumaraie has been informed of the prophecy by her priestesses?

Interesting tidbits I learned from this chapter…

Terran sphere of influence is 60% the size of all the other species combined 300 LY vs 532 LY. You have not mentioned it in the story yet, but I was wondering if the all the other members of the Community of Sentient Species are aware that Terrans are a relatively young species and have only been in space for only 200 yrs or so and are 200+ billion strong? I know the Pod-Drran were shocked to learn this and was curious how the other species would react to this knowledge and how old their species are and how long they have been in space. Will there be jealousy that such a young species is out performing technology the older species and is expanding their sphere of influence at a much accelerated state as the others?

The Terrans seem to be able to learn new ideas/concepts, improving them in some way, adapting their use for many different uses, even to the point of doing things that the originators thought were impossible like ICS on a Fast Ship and using another dimension for storing their power for the FLT drives.

buddah222buddah222almost 3 years ago

Another five star episode thank you for your imagination and writing skills please keep up the excellent story and keep entertaining All of your rabid fans

bigpoppacanadabigpoppacanadaalmost 3 years ago

Very much enjoy this series, excellent work. One point I need to make though, please find another editor. While well written, you have a lot of homonyms used that jar the reader. I am thinking could be from a French-Canadian background? Not to say replace your editor, more in addition to.

Otherwise, I look very forward to reading more of your work and seeing where this wonderful story leads

AproposAproposalmost 3 years ago

Another excellent chapter.

But I did notice one detail you might want to thing about. You indicated that the Valent ship exited its jumps traveling more or less the speed of light which is about 300,000 kg/s. Yet when the Valent returned to Lamar 23 it exited its jump only 50 kg from the station. No way would a competent ship's captain exit a jump at that velocity anywhere near anything solid like the station or the nearby asteroid field. A collision at that velocity might be more energetic than the nuclear missile that the pirates fired at the station. Using a ship or missile traveling a light speed as a weapon might also be something to think about.

RomanticClownRomanticClownalmost 3 years ago

I cannot wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
A truly epic tale.

I have noted that the word count of this series has now achieved parity with 'War and Peace'. That it remains as gripping a tale as when it began and is becoming very addictive reading is very telling to the quality of the story-line and the environmental backdrops.

Share the Love

Devir Ginator

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

HAVE YOU THOUGHT THE OPTION TO WRITE ANOTHER SERIES HOW RAYMOND BECAME THE HERO THAT HE IS???

TheDandyTheDandyover 2 years ago

It just keeps getting better and better!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbigtddybr@bigtddybr
20 Apr 2024. Ch. 65 is nearing completion. Hopefully it will go to the editors by the end of next week. I want to put out at least one chapter per month. The new version of the Notes chapter (v 14), was finally posted. I do not know why it takes so long to post these Notes cha...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES